There's nothing there, it's like eating air
[html]
Sorry for the delay here! 300+

Brooklyn had steadily become more and more restless in the Crimson Dream lands. She had been hiding away from the mansion, finding small caves to go to and practice her shifting. Foolish her, thinking it would be easy and quick. She couldn't concentrate long enough to really shift and it hurt. She was being such a girl about it! If she had been genuinely serious about shifting, she would have done it long ago. How could she ever expect to be a prince if she acted so foolishly? A new day dawned and Brooklyn D'Angelo stubbornly remained on four legs. The lands of her home were like closing walls, claustrophobic, and no one would really understand her. She'd been practising hunting, especially after the news at the pack meeting. She wanted to make a proper contribution to the pack, to be able to bring something home for Savina and the pups. But rabbits were only so big and if she didn't learn how to shift soon everything would be for naught.

With that in mind, the white female travelled north and east. Haven had travelled this far, so could she. The ground was wet beneath her paws, probably from the rain. At least no more snow. She panted, her body growing progressively tired as the landscape turned from the rolling hills of her home to high mountains. She stopped, her breath shallow. So far from home, she felt nearly sick with fear. Halifax had been nice, but Jazper had been there to protect her. Out here there was no one and for a brief moment she thought of going back home. Such a coward she was! Steeling herself, Brooklyn walked further until the smell of wolf hit her nostrils. Another pack?

The smell was different, though. Not quite wolf. She'd never sensed anything like it. Walking closer, she tried not to cross borders. That would be rude and someone would surely find her. Then she'd be in trouble with everyone back home. Crouching low to the ground, the pup waited, trying to see if anyone would walk by. Maybe she'd found something Haven hadn't! That would show him she was just as good an explorer as he was!
[/html]
[html]

occ- Word count- 200+

Vexx had been asleep, strangely while sitting up rather than laying down. He didn't know how he could do it, but it came naturally to him. His favorite place to be was a cliff right ouside of his current den, overlooking the entire beach. He loved the view, definitely, but it wasn't quite enough to get his mind of himself. Even though he hadn't been here long, Vexx was disappointed to have not recovered his memeory yet. There was nothing familiar at all to him anywhere. There had to be something that could trigger his memory. Something...

He woke, looking straight at the beach. The beautiful sunset washed over his fur colors, but not his eyes. Strange, they were. Vexx wondered if his eyes were magical. They held great strengths and weaknesses, but they just seemed unusual overall. He turned his head, a white glimpse catching the corner of his eye. He swept around scanning the area carefully. He knew something was there he just didn't know what. "Hello? Who's there? Come out! Now!" Vexx snarled, not taking the chance at this being a hostile or not.

[/html]
[html]
Delay! Sorry, work completely ate me up D: 300+

One thing she hadn't exactly been counting on was to be found so quickly. Brooklyn lowered herself against the ground, her white pelt not really blending in with her surroundings. The longer she stayed here the more unsure she felt about her own safety. For once, she wished Haven were there with her. He would know what to do, he would lead them both to safety. But for all she knew, her brother was back in Crimson Dreams, playing at being a dragon while she was in grave danger. Really, though? She was supposed to be a prince, courageous and full of ideas. The more she hid the more of a coward she would be. If she couldn't help herself, how in the world could she even dream of saving anyone?

Brooklyn crawled out from under her hiding spot. Her tail didn't hang between her legs, as perhaps it should have. No. She would brave this enemy on her own terms. She would show him that she was not at all afraid to challenge him. After all, she could simply claim ignorance and then run away. Again, not the most prince-like behaviour imaginable, but for her it would have to do. The white pup stood before the wolf and glared straight at him. Like she had in her little game with Haven, so long ago. "Here I am, you big bully! What are you going to do about it?" It didn't really occur to Brooklyn that princes needed to use their brains now and again too. For her, this could all be a game. Maybe the other wolf was pretending to be mean to her. Therefore she had every right to be just as mean back. Regardless of whose territory she was in. "Who are you, then? And what are you doing here?" Really, if she hadn't been absolutely convinced that hers was the right way, Brooklyn would love ago have become wolf kebab because of her foolishness and naivete.

[/html]
ooc- You're lucky you have a job D: My application was denied *sobs* Word count- 200+

He had to admit, he was a little surprised when a white pup jumped out from the tall grass. Vexx didn't really expect that, but now that meant that the pup couldn't do much harm to him. He gave her a look when she called him a bully and asked him "what was he going to do about it". Really? This was his home. He expected her to at least not be stupid. "Well, I could tell you to go away. I bet that'd help." He rolled his eyes. The pup then asked him who he was and what he was doing here. He turned around to look at his den and looked back at her. Uhm... I live here. Not much I want to do about that. Anyways I should be asking you questions, since you don't smell like you belong here, kid. His eyes peered at her, hoping for her to break. She reeked of wolf, which was not a good smell in Inferni. Listen, I'm doing you a favor by asking you to leave. Coyotes aren't very fond of wolves, and there are lots of them around here. Vexx wasn't sure whether or not his reasoning would get to her, but he intended to get this kid to leave, whether she liked it or not.
[html]
Hello delay of fail, how you doing? I'm sorry to hear about your interview. How's it going now?

Brooklyn knew she was on pretty thin ice. On the one hand, here she was, foolishly jumping into a reckless game of cat and mouse with a stranger in a place she'd never been before. Where were the escape routes? How fast could he go? Did he shift? All those questions and she had no answer. On the other hand, it was fun, dangerous, something she could write home about. Or better still, when she'd escaped the clutches of the evil monster, she could go back home and tell everyone how brave she had been. But so far, all this guy was trying to do was get her to go off his land. Well, this wasn't going to make a very interesting story, was it? "I don't... smell? Well, you smell funny yourself, so you shouldn't comment on a lady. Don't you have no manners?"

Coyotes. What was a coyote? He looked like her, maybe a bit different, but she couldn't see any big difference. Brooklyn wondered if Crimson Dreams housed any coyotes. Did they allow them in? Apparently coyotes didn't like wolves. "Why don't you like me? I didn't do anything bad to you, did I? Why do you have to be so mean?" The young female pouted. She'd narrowed the whole coyote vs wolf thing to a personal issue. She was a nice girl, polite, maybe a bit loud sometimes. Why would anyone dislike her?

[/html]
[html]

occ- Oh I've gotten over it now. Big Grin Alhtough It'd still be nice to have a job. Word count- 200+

Vexx honestly couldn't help but smile at the pup's comment. How cute, she was lecturing him on his etiquette. She thought he meant that she smelled bad, which he had to admit, she kind of did. However, that was all in his own opinion. He chuckled at the white wolf's attempt to scold him on his social ability. "No, I didn't say you smelled bad. I meant that you don't seem like you're from around this area, and I most certainly do have manners. I'm sure you should mind your own." He raised a brow to the small girl, a smile still plastered on his face.

It seemed that the white girl was sure that he didn't like her. He knew she was quite young, but this was just too funny. He cleared his throat (not that he needed to, it was just to make him seem dignified) and stood up as tall as he could, for a simple canine at least. "As I stated earlier, I never said I didn't like you at all. I'm not trying to be mean either. I'm just trying to help you. I assume you wouldn't like to be killed, would you? Your family wouldn't appreciate that either, now would they? Trust me, I'm a nice coyote. You should go home now." His bright blue eyes assumed a half moon shape, Vexx was sure he had won this little battle of wits, although it was with a mere child. Still, he was glad to be able to protect his home territory, or at least the area around his own den.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for making you wait, I hope your job hunt goes better =) 300+

Brooklyn bristled slightly. Well, great, she was being told off again. It wasn't like she wasn't getting enough of that back home and now a stranger was telling her what to do. The white pup wasn't exactly sure how to respond to what he was saying. Truth be told, she wasn't entirely sure what he was saying. He was using what she thought of as adult speech, which was mostly gibberish to her ears. "I'm from Crimson Dreams, out exploring! My brother always goes out exploring and I thinks I should too. I'm braver than him anyways, so I don't need no protection. I can do what I want!" It couldn't exactly be denied that there was a certain charm about her conviction that she was invincible. Brooklyn liked the idea of co-operation between packs, but there was a time, she knew, when some things could never be forgiven. She wondered if pup transgression entered under those categories.

The girl pushed back her ears and tucked her tail between her legs somewhat when he assumed his position. Would he shout at her? With his throat clearing, there was almost no shadow of a doubt that he would. Brooklyn wasn't liking this one bit, not any more. She wasn't a spy, she was just an explorer! But this coyote seemed to think that she would be killed. The female looked around. Except for them, there was no one around. Would he call for their Lt General and she would be like Savina. She'd be really angry with Brooklyn and then tell Anu and Naniko and the white pup would be grounded for days. Abashed, she looked away from the coyote. "Why would they wants to kill me? I's not evil or mean. I don'ts want to steal your things. I just wants to see other packs." Brooklyn sniffled slightly. She wasn't about to cry, but still. She didn't exactly want to be killed or grounded, either. How did Haven stay out of trouble?

[/html]
[html]

occ- I'm sure you have lots to do IRL so it's okay if you can't post just everyday. -noms on her Shrimp WonTon soup- :3

Crimson Dreams, eh? Vexx had never heard of the place, but it sounded as if it was kind of far. The only other land he'd heard of was Dahlia de Mai, and the Inferni coyotes weren't on good terms with them in the past. However, they had recently formed a truce so Vexx figured there wasn't too much to worry about. He thought it was so cute how the pup liked to be a rebel. However, it wasn't such a smart idea as a child when you have a parent or parents watching for you. I'm sure that your guardians aren't going to think the same, especially if they have your safety in mind, the hybrid said with a wry smile.

It seemed that his posture was working it's magic, as the pup assumed a defensive and subordinate position. About time this pup realized her place, especially in a territory ruled by a different pack. She asked why they'd kill her. Why? Well, for starters: She was a wolf. He was pretty damn sure that they still weren't too fond of wolves, Second: she was trespassing the borders and refusing to leave (the double whammy), and Third: They just probably think of her as dinner. Evem though Vexx himself was half wolf, he though of himself more as a coyote. Inferni doesn't take too well to trespassers. Didn't you say hi to the wolf-skull kabobs on your way in? He motioned in the direction of the borders, with the landmarks barely in sight.

[/html]
[html]
My apologies for the delay. Hope you're okay with this going for another couple of replies? 300+

Guardians? If at all possible, her ears sank lower against her head. She didn't want her mothers finding out about this or they would never let out of their sight again! Or Savina, for that matter. Brooklyn liked the dark female and indeed couldn't wait for the puppies to come, but really, the thought of upsetting her now made the girl feel a little ill. She would disappoint all of them and they wouldn't think she was a good pup like her brothers and sister. She'd be the outcast. Her feverish imagination took hold and she saw herself being thrown out of the pack, never allowed to come near it again. She'd have to go and stay with that nice wolf who gave her a feather, but if he heard about her being so unruly, he might reject her too. Then where would she be? "But you won't tell anyone, will you? I haven't done any wrong, honest. I'm just exploring like my brother!" She wished Haven were with her. He'd know exactly what to do and as annoying as it felt to give so much credit to him, Brooklyn had to admit that he seemed much better prepared for this than her.

In all fairness, she hadn't been paying much attention to anything. The thrill of being so far away from home, coupled with the fact that she was doing something potentially dangerous had all pooled together to make her feel near invincible. But now, turning around, she saw the mass of skulls on poles and felt herself trembling. They really were killers here, ruthless killers with no souls. They didn't care about puppies or adults, they just seemed bent on murder and torment. Brooklyn felt ill and small and utterly alone. She just wanted to go home now. "Why do you hate me, Mister? I ain't done nothing to you! I was just looking. Cowering to the ground, the white pup put her paws over her eyes and tried to shut out the image of the skulls, whimpering softly to herself.

[/html]
[html]

occ- No prob, once again. and Yes, I don't really care is fine :3

Vexx gave the child a wry smile, soft, veiled, blue eyes renfrcing the benevolence of the coyote. I won't tell anyone, so log as you as you never come by here without a bit of backup ever again, you hear me? He raised a brow to the while child, his paws digging into the ground and his blue eyes shiming brightly. He felt sad that he couldn't even remember his childhood, even he even had much of one to start with. Vexx wasn't sure if his was the same as this child's was, but he knew he shouldn't dwell on it too much.

The hybrid frowned at the child's response/. He never said he hehated her, he was only trying to help the poor soul. His face wrinkled with the fron, only making him seem even sadder, his blue eyes emphasizing it as well. I don't hate you. I was just trying to make you safer...

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I'll get this closed and archived, thanks for threading with me

The girl backed away slowly. He would tell Naniko and Anu, the horrible coyote would tell her mothers and she would never be allowed out of Crimson Dreams, never be able to see anything of the great outdoors, and all because of her own foolishness, because of her childish desires. Brooklyn didn't want anyone finding out she was here, didn't want anyone to know how she had snuck out and run away, like an errant child. The word 'backup' caught her attention and her eyes narrowed slightly. Oh, there would be no fears here, not any more. I brings my brother, you see. I ain't afraid of you, coyote. The last word was spoken with malice, the wolf in her blazing forth.

His last words were lost on her. The girl got up from where she'd been crouching and stared at the adult before her. Perhaps in different circumstances she would have cared more, she would have been more polite, much friendlier. Maybe they could have been friends. There was much those older than her could teach, if only she stayed still long enough to listen. But threats and fear would go nowhere, especially not now. She silently trotted out the pack lands, her tail held high, an almost innocent reaction. It was stupid to have gone on like that, she knew, and once she was out of sight of the coyote lands, she ran and ran, until the breath escaped her body, until she was safely home, a place that no longer felt quite as safe, or quite as homely.

[/html]