thread title missing
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Backdated to March 16. 300+

The place where the gold ring was now pierced through his bleached ear was still tender, but it really didn't bother him much. He didn't understand why his uncle had been reluctant to do it at first, but he was glad that he had finally convinced him. It wasn't that Haven was trying to rebel against authority or anything of the sort. It was simply something he had wanted and to him it was marking his coming into adulthood. A lot had happened to him in the past few days. He had learned to shift, he had kissed the girl he like (or at least tried to, he was still unsure of how that really had gone over), and now he had a permanent souvenir. The Aatte hybrid was really becoming an adult now.

Feet picked through the littered streets of Halifax, paying more attention to the individual buildings than he had on his first walk through. Whatever street he was on was peppered with all sorts of little shops. It was the same one where he had found the store that held his earring. So far he had not found anyplace that had intrigued him enough to really explore it, but that soon changed. Peering into one of the larger buildings he saw a piano. It wasn't as nice as the one back home at the mansion, but with an excitement filling him he walked inside.

The youth sat down in front of the instrument and ran his fingers over the tarnished white keys. So this is how it's supposed to feel. He hit a few chords like Jazper had shown him all those months ago, but this piano was incredibly out of key and his ears fell against his head at the noise. He stood up, about to exit the shop to go home and try his hand at the nicer one when something else caught his eye. Kneeling down he dusted off a smaller object, though still fairly large. It was made out of wood and had six metals strings stung across it. A finger ran across the strings and his ears perked at the sound. It was out of tune as well, but it made such a different sound than the piano. Holding the instrument by the long skinny part on top he stood and started to dust the rest of it off, coughing when it reached his nose and mouth.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thank you for starting this. <3 Sorry for being so late again. 300+

The prospect of being an uncle was exciting for Ehno. He had been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the little ones ever since Savina had shared the good news with him. It had been about a month since then, and as his sister’s pregnancy became more visible, the situation began to feel more real. The Marino boy found himself spending more and more of his time preparing for their birth, baby-proofing a few things around the manor and brainstorming ideas for little toys.

Both the anticipation of Savina’s puppies and his small carpentry projects had managed to keep the chocolate-hued male within the Crimson Dreams territory for almost a month straight. But it was for these reasons that he now made yet another trip down to Halifax. He was toying around with the idea of making something to make Savina’s upcoming job of watching the little ones a bit easier. The city, being full of inspiration and useful objects, was the logical place for him to go.

Ehno had taken to wandering some of the side streets, eyes peering through dusty display windows as he passed. The little shops around this area were filled with all sorts of different wares; he was sure to find something of use around here. A sharp sound from down the street grabbed his attention as he browsed, penetrating the previous silence. There was a familiar edge to the noise, but he couldn’t quite place it. Amber gaze watched the street carefully for a moment while ears stood erect in hopes of picking out the sound again. He was debating between investigating the sound and going back to his business when another noise, slightly different this time, drifted from one of the shops.

He made his way down the street, trying to pick out which shop the sounds emerged from. A familiar scent caught him by surprise, luring him to the right building. He pushed open the old door, the sight of various musical instruments (and the source of the noise) greeting him. Haven was there, examining one of the instruments in his optime form. Ehno was surprised to see the boy on two legs, so used to seeing Naniko’s children running around in their natural forms. They were old enough to shift already? Time certainly did seem to fly. The Italian boy stepped further into the shop, amber gaze examining the instrument that Haven held, recognizing it as a guitar. “Looks like we have a guitarist on our hands now,” he said with a grin.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
No problem! And it's ok Smile 300+

He found the hollow wooden instrument very intriguing. He had never laid eyes on anything like it before. Though he supposed that wasn't saying a whole lot. The only instrument he had ever seen was the piano in the manor. Somehow he had gotten the idea in his head that all musical instruments would be as large as the piano, so finding something so portable was exciting. He would be able to take this wherever and play it! Basically right then and there he decided he was going to keep it for his own. It was rather beautiful. Despite the years of neglect now that it wasn't covered in thick layers of dust it shone with a bright sheen. The wood varying shades of brown.

Haven was so mesmerized by his discovery that he hadn't even heard anyone open the door to the shop he was inside. If he were the paranoid type of person he would have scolded himself for being so oblivious, but the kid had never met anyone dangerous. The thought that he needed to be more careful when he was alone never really made its way into his mind. At the accented voice his ears flicked and he turned to be face to face with Ehno. A wide grin spread his lips and his tail swept at his heels. "Hey Ehno! And guitarist? Is that what this is called? A guitar?" How convenient that the older male knew the name of the instrument. He was a world traveler though, so it was no surprise that he would know.

The Aatte boy hadn't spent much time around Ehno, but what little time he had he had enjoyed thoroughly. The Italian luperci was always so laid back and fun-loving. Hanging out with him was never a bore. "What're you doin' in the city today?" From what he knew most of the brown man's time had been spent inside Crimson Dreams lately. After all his sister was expecting puppies. "Hey, since Savina's gonna have babies that will make you an uncle, right? I just visited my uncle. Look! He pierced my ear!" he said pointing to the gold ring in his bleached ear. Ehno would be the first of the pack to see his new accessory.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

“Hello, Haven,” he greeted in return, grinning at the boy’s apparent excitement for the instrument. Ehno had seen a few people play a number of different instruments on his journey, the guitar among them. At one point he had even attempted to play a tune himself, but it turned out he wasn’t very musically inclined. It hadn’t bothered him, however; he was content to simply listen to the melodies that others could produce from the old instruments. He nodded at the pumpkin-colored boy’s questions. “Yeah, it’s called a guitar. Can you play anything on it?” It wasn’t very likely, considering that they boy had only recently learned to shift, but Ehno was curious to see how deep Haven’s interest in the instrument lay.

Ehno wondered momentarily about who Haven’s uncle was, but he was rather certain that he had never met the man before. His amber gaze drifted toward the boy’s mismatched ear. “Well, would you look at that.” He leaned forward, taking a closer look at the gold ring that hung in the boy’s ear. “Very nice,” he commented, grinning soon after as another thought came to his mind. “Do your mothers know about this yet?” While Ehno thought the piercing was fine, he couldn’t vouch for either of the boy’s mothers. The Italian man hoped that they wouldn’t make too much of a fuss over it. He had always admired the various piercings he had seen Luperci sporting, but he wasn’t one to go out and get one himself.

“And, yep. That means I’ll be an uncle.” He smiled at the thought. The Marino man couldn’t wait to see those little bundles of joy crawling all over the place. “It’s actually why I’m here today. I’m thinking building a little something for Savina and the pups.” He was still merely tossing ideas around at this point, but he hoped that he might be able to get some inspiration out here in the old city.
[/html]
[html]
300+

A guitar. Neat! He liked the name. It sounded more...rustic or something. Piano almost sounded too proper to the boy's ears. The name "guitar" seemed to suit him better. Besides this was something he could take with him wherever, unlike the piano which was much to big to move anywhere. "I see! And no, I just found it. Jazz showed me a few things about the piano in the mansion, but that's the only instrument I've ever played with. That wasn't much either, since I was still little and couldn't shift. I wanna learn though. I'd try to play something, but this is really out of tune. I'll need to take it back home and use the piano to make it sound right." If he tried to play any songs on the stringed instrument right now it would only hurt both their ears. He wanted it to sound like it was meant to before he started teaching himself how to play.

The kid's chest puffed out a little as Ehno examined his earring. He was proud of it. He wasn't even entirely sure why he was proud of it, but he was. It was something special to commemorate his coming of age. At least that's how he thought of it. "Thanks," he said. "I like it." Tenderly his fingers touched the gold ring. He winced a little at the soft pressure. "Heh, it's still a little sore." He smirked back at the chocolate hued man. "No they don't, I haven't been home since I got it. I'm sure they won't care though," he stated simply, waving his hand a bit. Why would they care? It wasn't a big deal. So he thought anyways...

"You'll be a good uncle." Ehno was fun and interesting and nice. The perfect qualities for an uncle. Eyes brightened at the mention of being in the city looking for something for the upcoming puppies. "Oh yeah? Like what? I could help you look for stuff if you wanted!" Haven loved to help others out. It would be especially good to do something nice for Savina and her babies.

[/html]
[html]
300+

It was good that Haven found something he was interested in. He seemed to know a bit about music already, apparently from when Jazper showed him how to work the piano. If the boy’s interest in music remained, Crimson Dreams would soon find itself with yet another talented musician. Ehno smiled at the boy’s words, happy to see his enthusiasm. “Well, once you get this old guitar tuned, you’ll have to play something for me some time.” Guitar melodies were among his favorites and he was rather excited to be able to hear some again. Haven was a smart boy; he would teach himself to play in no time at all.

The Italian man grinned in amusement at the proud look Haven sported when his earring was discussed. He didn’t know where the boy had gotten the idea to run off and get his ear pierced, or why he felt the need to get it done so soon after he could shift. But that proud look of excitement dismissed any need for explanation. Ehno raised an eyebrow slightly when the boy winced. “Oh, I bet it is sore.” He’d obviously never experienced it himself, but he could imagine that poking a hole in your ear would have to hurt at least a little bit. He nodded then at the Aatte boy’s next comment. From what he knew of Naniko, he didn’t think she would be too concerned about the gold ring, but he couldn’t say the same for Anu, simply because he didn’t know her all that well. Haven knew his mothers, and if he didn’t think either of them would make a fuss over it, Ehno was willing to believe him.

He couldn’t help but smile when Haven shared his belief that he would be a good uncle. While Ehno was confident for the most part that he would do a good job of being an uncle, he would be lying if he said that he wasn’t a bit worried. Haven’s confidence in him helped banish some of that worry. “Heh, thanks Haven.” His smile widened as the boy asked to help him out. “Sure, you can help out if you’d like. We can go look around the city as soon as you’re done in here.” He wasn’t sure if Haven was finished looking around the little music shop, but he wasn’t about to rush him. “I was thinking of maybe making her a crib—it’s kinda like a special bed for babies.” He didn’t know if the Aatte boy knew about it or not, as Ehno himself had only heard of them through old books and seen a few broken and neglected examples in abandoned houses. “I was mostly just planning on searching through the city for ideas, though.”
[/html]
[html]
300+

He couldn't wait to get home and get the guitar tuned up so he could start tinkering around on it. One of the main reasons he had been so excited to be able to shift was so he could play instruments and learn more about music. Ever since that day Jazper had shown him the piano he had always had it in the back of his mind. Now he had found an instrument that was unique (he knew that it wasn't the only guitar in the lands and that there were probably others who knew how the play it, but no one in Crimson Dreams did). "Sure! I'd be happy to play you something!" Now he even had a prospective audience!

Haven nodded his head, giving Ehno a handsome smile. "No problem! I have all the faith in the world in you," he said with a wink. The Italian male was perfect uncle material, there was no doubt about that. "Great! Lemme just check and make sure I have everything I need." The boy turned back around to figure out what all he needed to take with him that went with the guitar. It didn't take long to spot the large, similarly shaped black case. He gently set the guitar inside the protective case and figured out the latches. Picking it up by the handle his eyes made one last sweep of the room. "Okay, I think that's all I need. Let's go!"

"A crib, huh? Never heard of one of those. What's it look like?" While Haven had spent a lot of his time inside the mansion, that's not where he had slept growing up. He had slept in the den outside with his mothers and siblings, so the idea of a baby bed was hard for him to picture. "I see, well we'll just look around until we find something then." He had no issues with spending the day looking through the city.

[/html]
[html]

The Marino man smiled at Haven’s enthusiastic response to his request. Now he had something else to look forward to in the coming weeks. His smile worked its way into a grin at the kid’s complements, a slight laugh accompanying it. He offered another thanks to the boy, glad to hear that Haven had faith in him to be a good uncle. Watching Naniko’s boy work on securing his guitar in its case, his thoughts began to drift to the future. He wondered briefly just how many nieces and nephews he would end up with before Haven’s words brought him back to the present.

The chocolate-hued male led the way outside, listening as Haven questioned him about what cribs look like. He pulled an image of one from his memory, silent for a moment as he thought about how to describe it. “Well… you have seen the beds in the mansion, right?” he asked as he side-stepped an old, knocked-over trash can. Amber gaze shifted toward the boy for a moment before focusing once more on the roads ahead. “Think of a smaller bed, with some… bars, I guess, around it. Keeps babies in the bed when they’re still really little, I think.” It was a little difficult to describe it considering the few examples he had seen of them himself, but he hoped it would be enough to allow the Aatte boy to get some sort of image.

Ehno continued gazing around at the shops as they walked, hoping to spot something that would appear useful. The majority of the storefronts so far were packed with trinkets and knick-knacks that would be interesting to stop and examine, but altogether useless for the goal he had in mind. Up ahead, the street they traveled on seemed to curve to the right, hiding more shops past the turn. Maybe one of the buildings down there would have what he was looking for.
[/html]
[html]

Haven followed Ehno outside as they started down the street. His head nodded at the older male's question. Yes, he was quite familiar with the beds in the mansion. The fond memory of the first night he had met Siobhan flashed into his mind. He had taken her inside and they had jumped on one of the beds for fun. It seemed to him like so much had happened between now and then. He had been so young and now everyday he was one step closer to adulthood. He tried to picture what Ehno was describing in his mind. It sounded a little strange, but he supposed it made sense. It wasn't fun falling off a bed. "Oh, okay, I think I get it. So they can't crawl away and get into trouble, huh?" he said with a grin. He had been the first of his litter to start wandering around the lands, though he had never really gotten into much trouble.

Jade eyes gazed over the various storefronts, not seeing anything that he imagined a crib would look like. All the things in these stores were small and probably wouldn't be any good for puppies. The two Crimson Dreams wolves followed the curve of the street and came upon more shops. Haven looked from side to side and then saw something. His tail wagged and he walked over to the shop. Inside the window appeared to be exactly what Ehno had been describing. "Hey Ehno! Over here! Is this what you were looking for?" He had been fortunate enough to stumble on a baby store. Inside there was everything from cribs to carriers, to toys and mobiles. "Wow, looks like a lot of stuff is in there for babies." Maybe they could find even more ideas for the uncle-to-be.

[/html]