The approach
1. Character Name: Orion
2. Character Birthdate (including year): January 10th 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Not applicable to non-canines. Luperci
4. Species: If your character is a canine, put their subspecies. Wolf
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). bry_dawg81@hotmail.com
7. Initial post:

Orion lay flat against the cold earth, not wanting to be seen or heard by his prey. He had been stalking this small grey hare for fifteen minutes waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. His dark gray coat gave him decent camouflage amongst the wintery background allowing him to get much closer to the hare. Losing the hare now might prove to be costly; it had been two days since Orion last ate. The hare stopped and turned its head almost as though it could sense that it was being hunted. As Orion’s stomach ached he rose slowly up from his belly to his paws, he thought to himself I won’t let this one escape. It had been a long few weeks that Orion had no longer felt the security of his old pack, now being forced to look after himself he was slowly learning to hunt.

For just over a year now Orion had lived with his mother and brother in a pack kilometres away, he wasn’t sure on the exact distance as he had been wandering for several weeks now. The night his pack broke up was still fresh in his memory, there had been a disagreement between the pack leader and one of the officers. The argument became heated and a small fight broke out between some of the younger members. Orion’s mother took him and his brother away from the violence hoping they would be safe and telling them they would return once things had settled down. A few hours had passed and Orion’s mother told him to stay in that area, that she would come back and get him if it seemed like the pack had stopped fighting. His brother being much younger than Orion wanted to go with his mother which suited Orion as he did not want to have to look after him. The waiting seemed to take forever as the hours passed one by one Orion started to wonder what happened. He loved his mother unconditionally and though he may not admit it to anyone even his little brother. As time passed Orion became worried, not wanting to miss being found by his mother he contemplated leaving the spot located at what he thought was a few kilometres from the pack. For what would not be the last time for many weeks his stomach was starting to ache. Orion’s decision became more and more clear as he became increasingly aware of his hunger. The trek back to the pack did not take as long as the sun began to rise providing Orion with some light. Orion arrived back to his pack though and found nothing, no sign of his mother or brother and no sign of the pack.

Orion stood at the camp waiting to see whether the pack would return or not for what seemed like forever. Again his hunger pains became more evident, so at once he decided that he would return after he found some food. Orion had been taught to hunt by his mother but he was still new at the concept. It took him another half an hour to pick up the scent of a mouse which he followed. Orion tracked the mouse to its burrow not more than five minutes later. The kill would be easy as the mouse had returned back to its home thinking it was safe from danger as the night had ended and day broke. Orion was grateful that his first kill had been so easy without the help of anyone or the knowledge that even if he had failed his mother would provide for him. Orion made his way back to the camp where the argument took place hours before. When he was getting close he heard a growl to his left, he swung his head quickly in that direction not wanting to be surprised at whatever was over there. His stomach took a hard blow on his right side, the growl had been a distraction this was a trap. Orion saw that one of the officers who had started the argument the night before was standing over him. Instead of waiting for the officer to speak or to finish what he had started Orion broke off into a full sprint. He wasn’t sure which direction he was headed or where he was going but he didn’t have time to stop and think for fear of being caught and possibly killed.

The next few days Orion was trying to piece together what had happened and what could have happened to his mother and brother. Orion was scared to return to his pack but decided that he would go looking for his family. Hunting for vermin and attempting to pick up any scent of his family became all that drove Orion over the next few weeks. His skills at tracking his prey were slowly coming along but he still found it difficult to catch larger animals.
The hare was making its way slowly among some bushes now and Orion treaded softly along the ground trying to make as little noise as possible. The hare stopped once again, but Orion had already moved behind a tree only a few feet away he was ready to attack. Orion could smell something, it took only a moment but he recognized it as other Luperci. Orion stopped for a moment and thought if he approached these wolves if maybe they could help him or he could at least ask them if they had seen his mother and brother. He peered his head back around the tree to see that the hare had disappeared, he was angry with himself for losing sight of the hare and thought it would take minutes to find its scent again. The other option would be to approach the border of this new pack and the thought of seeing his family again or at least getting help began to nullify his hunger pains.

Orion made up his mind that he could eat later and slowly followed the scent of the other Luperci. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to appear threatening as a new wolf approach a new pack’s border’s but decided that he didn’t feel safe in any form but Secui. Orion approached the border and stopped, he howled hoping someone from this pack would find him.
[html]
\o/!
300+

This was probably the last time the Lt. General was going to be making any sort of border rounds for a good while. Honestly she probably shouldn't even be out right now. But she had desperately wanted some fresh and and to stretch her legs. Being cooped up in the mansion all day wasn't as tiresome as she thought it might be, but she knew that the birth of her pups would soon be upon her and then it would at least be a month before she really got out anymore. Savina had wanted to check out the new land that they had just claimed near the ocean, but it was too far away. The added weight of her pregnancy tired out the normally slender wolfess easily and such a trip would not be wise. So she was just sticking around the mansion and the lake so when she did wear out it would not be a far trip home.

Her head perked up as an unfamiliar howl rang through the quiet air. Any other time she would have started off towards the stranger at once, but now she hesitated. Would it be safe? There was no note of hostility in the call, yet one could never be sure. In her advanced state of pregnancy it wouldn't take much to harm the pups or herself. Still, pregnant or not she was still a leader of this pack and she still had duties. Taking a deep breath she slowly headed in the direction of the newcomer, hoping that nothing bad would come of the encounter.

Emerald eyes took in the dark gray form of a shifted male wolf waiting at the borders. The fact that he was in his secui form made her somewhat nervous, but nothing else about him or his posture seemed threatening so she continued to approach. Head, ears, and tail were held high to show her rank. "Greetings stranger, how may I help you?" Italian accented voice questioned. She allowed a small smile to curl her lips.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Orion began to question himself as to whether howling or not was a good idea, if this new pack was not friendly he may have just invited in danger. It did not take long after the howl for someone to show up, assuming that this pack would be somewhat like the one he was from, Orion knew this wolf was probably an officer. The black wolf approached slowly but Orion was startled by how it was able to appear out of the darkness without him noticing.

The black wolf stopped, looking dominant Orion decided that he did not want to offend this new pack so he took on a very submissive posture. His head was held low as well as his tail, trying not to meet the emerald eyes of the black wolf. The black wolf spoke to him and Orion responded "Hello, my name is Orion, I am looking for my mother and my brother, I was separated from them and my pack a few weeks ago." "I have been on my own since there was a fight and I happened to come across your pack." "I meant no harm by approaching these borders but I was wondering if you had seen my family?"

Orion was not sure how the black wolf would respond, but he did his best to stay submissive during the introduction to this new stranger. He remembered how new wolves wanting to get into his former pack would generally be accepted more if they appeared more docile than aggressive.

[/html]
[html]

The younger wolf's show of submission greatly put her mind and worries at ease. Maybe that form was just the one he was most comfortable in. If he was on his own she could understand that it might make him feel more safe. Her eyes stayed on him as he relayed his tale and why he was here. It was not a happy story. Being separated from one's family was never a good feeling and one that the wolfess understood all too well. Savina eased herself onto her haunches and her smile warmed and widened towards the male.

"It is nice to meet you Orion. My name is Savina. You may relax and sit if you wish." While the Crimson Dreams leader thought it was very important to show proper respect when on the borders of another pack, once it had been demonstrated she had no problem letting the newcomer relax. "I am sorry to hear that you've lost your family. I don't believe I've seen them but could you tell me what they look like so I can be sure?"

His form looked a little lean and she wondered if he had been having trouble hunting on his own. "Did you need or want a place to stay? I know we aren't your family but we're open to new members." It was obvious Orion was on a mission to find his mom and brother but even if he needed somewhere to sleep she would be willing to give it to him. He seemed like a nice boy and she didn't like the thought of him all out on his own.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Once Savina had come into better view Orion noticed that she was pregnant. For some reason knowing that Savina was carrying a pup put Orion's fear's behind him, a pregnant wolf would be far less likely to attack knowing the danger that she would put the unborn pup into.

Orion took Savina's request to sit and take a moment to breathe, the hunt for the hare had tired him out and he needed some time to rest. Orion thought that if his family had not approached these borders it would be unlikely that this pregnant black wolf would have been out venturing lately. He chose his words carefully not wanting to give away too much still not knowing for sure if the pack was friendly. "My mother has light grey fur, blue eyes and is quite small, my brother is younger only 6 months old and he looks similar to my mother."

Still wary of the pack, Orion thought about staying and responded to Savina's offer "Thank you very much for the offer miss, I would still like to find my family at some point but I don't think I could live out alone for much longer. I don't know if I really have anything that I can offer to help with for the pack, but I am working on developing my hunting and tracking. I wouldn't want to be a burden though so if there is anything at all I can do please let me know." Orion would tread lightly over the next few days still waiting to see if the pack was as kind and helpful as Savina.

[/html]
[html]
300+

It was clear that Orion was tired. For some reason her heart was really going out to the younger wolf. Maybe it was the hormones flooding her system. Maybe it was his situation. Maybe it had to do with his soft and quiet demeanor. Most likely it was a combination of all of those. Besides, she was only some tough and stern leader when she needed to be. Savina had always been a pretty accepting and tolerant wolf with a big heart. The youth was definitely bringing that out of her (not that it took much). She listened to the description of his mother and sibling, but unfortunately she had seen no one like them. "I'm sorry Orion, I haven't seen anyone around like that," she said shaking her head.

It relieved her that he was willing to take her offer of staying in Crimson Dreams. It was hard to make it on one's own, especially for someone his age and after being separated from all he knew. "Of course. If you found your mother and brother you could go with them. Though if they came here they would be welcome to stay as well." The stronger the pack was the better. "Whatever you can do will be a help to us. Hunting would be wonderful. As you can see there will be more mouths to feed in not too long," she said with a smile. "I'll be sure to let you know how you can help. Well, with that welcome to Crimson Dreams Orion! You'll start out as a Basic Officer. How about I show you around?" Slowly the Lt. General got back to her feet and motioned with her head for him to follow.

"We have two places that you could sleep. There's a large human house that many of the members of the pack reside in including myself. But if a natural den is more to your liking there's a system of small caves not far from the building. Which would you like to look at first?" They were headed in the right direction for either, so it wouldn't matter.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

As Savina spoke it comforted Orion, something about her voice reassured him that things would be all right. The pack seemed very welcoming and taking rest for awhile would not be a bad thing. Orion knew that he could not spend a lot of time out in the wild searching for his mother and brother it would be a lost cause there was just too much ground to cover and they could be hundreds of kilometers away by now. Besides staying put would probably make him be found faster if his family was looking for him which undoubtedly they would be. With that thought comforting him, Orion decided that this was definitely where he wanted to be.

The house sounded much more to Orion's liking as he was used to sleeping more in a human dwelling than a cave which can be cold and dark at times. "I think that the house would be much more to my liking, but I expect most of the rooms would already be taken by the other pack members so I understand if there isn't any room." Since Orion only knew Savina so far being close to her felt him feel more safe with this new pack. In time though Orion expected that he would feel more at ease here as the surroundings and the protection offered were very much to his liking.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The mother-to-be sincerely hoped that Orion would fine his family. Maybe if he liked it here he could ask them to come stay in Crimson Dreams as well. From the sound of it his little brother was about the same age as Naniko's pups and could have some playmates. Having more watchful eyes on her own brood that would be running around in no time would be of a great help too. "I'm sure you'll fine your family again Orion. You know I was born in a place across the ocean and when I came here I was separated from my siblings as well. But after being here for a couple months I found my brother and we've been together ever since." She thought that might comfort him and give him hope. Maybe this place was just lucky for such reunions.

Looking back she smiled warmly at him as they moved along at a slow pace. "Alright, the mansion it is then. And don't you worry there's plenty of rooms. You'll see soon, it is a very large house." Now that she thought of it probably only half or a little over of the rooms were occupied. Some of the members preferred the caves to the house, so there was always lots of space. "Back behind us is Rabbit Lake. It's a large lake and most of it lays within our boundaries. There's almost always some prey around it so if you want to hunt that's a good place to look. To north of the mansion there's a small valley. We also just claimed a new stretch of land that runs down to the ocean." He could get himself familiarized with the territory when he wanted, but she thought she might as well let him know where things were.

It wasn't too long until the manor lay before them and she carefully walked up the steps to the porch. Savina nosed open the door and walked inside, using her body to keep the door open for Orion to follow. Once they were both inside she turned to face the gray youth. "This is it, Haven Manor. This is the main living area. Over there are some of the rooms and there are more upstairs. To the back there's the kitchen and in the cellar there's a food cache, so if you're hungry you can help yourself. Off down that hallway there's a library if that interests you at all." That was about it she thought. "Do you have anything you want to ask me Orion?"

[/html]
[html]

The manor was as Savina had described quite large, after Orion got settled he thought it would be a good idea to go and explore the manor. The idea of Orion being on his own was starting to dawn on him and he wasn't sure if he felt free or scared. The thought of looking after himself was fading and Orion realized he still had not ate for quite some time now, he completely forgot about it talking to Savina. "I would feel guilty just eating from the pack's food without contributing but I don't think I could stand to go out and hunt right now. I promise that anything I eat I will find more and contribute."

Orion didn't feel right just asking for handouts but he would work hard to repay the pack and do anything he possibly could. Savina had been incredibly generous and helpful and Orion knew he should not trespass on her time any longer "Thank you very much for showing me around Savina and letting me into the pack, I think I can take it from here though. My hunger seems to getting the best of me so I think I'll head down to the kitchens."

Slowly walking out of the door Orion looked back to smile at Savina, he then headed towards the kitchens. It didn't take long for Orion to find something to eat and he devoured the rabbit quickly. Sleep took Orion suddenly maybe it was because his hunger was satiated the thought of exploring the rest of the mansion he thought could wait till after. He returned to the room that he had picked out and lied his head down on the floor...

[/html]