The pursuit of...
ooc: Sorry if this post seems like a scatterbrained attempt to start a thread, in truth it is, but I tried to make it at least semi presentable ^_^
560 words

bic:The tall, ruddy hued male's white tufted ears flicked forward at the sound of a wintering cardinal whistling away in the tree he had just walked past. He smiled when his gooseberry green gaze actually spotted the brilliant red avian come flying over his head to a tree a few feet in front of him. The creature watched him warily with its small black eyes, as if waiting for him to climb the tree and come after it. Rath assumed that the bird probably was building its nest nearby and his presence had disturbed the small creature. A smile crawled across his features in amusement and perhaps even admiration for the small birds tenacious desire to protect its home. He would not bother it anymore. Turning down a pathway leading between two of the houses bordering the northern edge of Berwick, the wolf began set his direction towards Wolfville. He had debated travelling to the larger, human town on such a cloudy day, especially since his instincts told him that nature was about to unleash a few showers upon the landscape. However, he was anxious to both meet some more of his fellow pack members as well as to find some useful tools so that he could once again pursue his beloved woodworking trade.
Simple exploration, while he did often enjoy it, was not on his agenda today. He felt rather useless without anything to do, when he had so many items he wished to build, both for practice and for the simple enjoyment of doing so. As he strode across the chilled landscape which separated Berwick from Wolfville, he couldn't help but stop and occasionally survey a fallen tree which he might be able to salvage useable wood from. As a general rule, he hated to fell perfectly healthy trees for raw materials to build with, so whenever he found a freshly, or recently fallen tree, he would make note of it so that he could return and inspect it further. However, even as resolute as he was in searching for his much desired tools, Rath couldn't help but stop and inspect a freshly fallen conifer that caught his eye. It was not very tall, perhaps only twelve feet in height, but it's trunk was surprisingly thick and free of any externally observable imperfections. Pausing in his inspection, Rath folded his muscular arms to ponder his next course of action. "It would be a pity to leave such a fine specimen to rot in the melting snow," he whispered to himself, the ponytail which his hair was tied into whipping in the chilled wind. He was fortunate that the wooden strip that Cwmfen had given to him had held up so long. His kinky, unruly hair, had been held at bay by such a simply device, which had given him more time to pursue what he considered more important aspects of life, rather than how he was going to cut and groom his hair.
As he stood there and debated whether to turn back and drag this tree back to his house or to continue in his search for his tools, Rath neglected to notice that he had reached Wolfville. The tops of the buildings that bordered the human town were visible from where he stood, but he had been so distracted that he had yet to take notice.
[html]

Aww, it's fine! Sounds good to me! And sorry for making you wait, mate. I saw the thread when you first put it up, but I never have the time to reply on weekends. So sorry! @_@
Words: 500+

Coli was in a rare good mood, feeling at peace with the world around her. Deuce and Tal had taken charge of little Willow, for the time being, and she had not encountered a single soul all day. That sort of solitude was a welcome relief to the introverted girl, as was the imminent changing of the seasons. The solstice had already passed, but the snows were still struggling to keep their frozen chokehold on the coastal packland. Slowly but surely, though, the ice was losing. Large patches of muddy grass were poking up all around Wolfville, and from the gutters of the deserted houses, there was a steady dripping noise of melting icicles.

Brushing her silky hair from her delicate muzzle, the lithe werewolf padded along the weather-worn path leading towards the copse of forest. If she could find some bulbs, she could already start cultivating daffodils and narcissus, and maybe even snowdrops if she was lucky... A slight pang of guilt struck her chest as she thought of her new adoptive family. They would surely not approve of her growing her flowers where Willow could find them... After all, the only flowers Coli had an affinity for were the ones poisonous to canines. It was a morbid fascination, meant to be a harmless hobby, but potentially fatal to the little ones in their pack. She would have to find some other place to grow her plants, somewhere no one else would stumble across them. Crestfallen by this realization, the slender female paused in her meandering. It was then that she noticed she was not alone.

The melting snows put great pressure on the trees of the forest, some of which were weakened by storms and internal faults. There were branches scattered all about the ground, and the occasional fallen tree crossed the path. One such tree, a conifer of some sort, lay nearby, and a broad-shouldered werewolf stood inspecting it. Coli caught her breath, slinking behind the cover of a wide-trunked spruce. Had he seen her? No, he seemed preoccupied with the tree... His deep ruddy fur was shaggy, wilder than the others she'd seen in the pack so far. He was a newcomer...? Or at least a male she had not yet encountered. Coli narrowed her blue eyes, trying to decide if he would go away, or if she would have to reveal herself to him. She had been brave enough to hold a conversation with Sankor, and to go seek out Jasper, but something about this rugged Optime had her heart fluttering anxiously. He did not speak as she crouched behind him, nervously weighing her options. He looked pretty fit - he could probably catch her if she made a break for it. She would have to try and talk her way out of it. She was close enough to the town that someone would hear her shout for help, she wagered. As long as that someone was not Haku, she should be alright. Swallowing nervously, the slim young lady took a hesitant step from her hiding place, meekly stammering, "H... hello there... sir?"

[/html]
ooc: ^_^ No worries buddy. I know what you mean about not having enough time. I have a project that's due this Friday and I'm only 1/3 done with it. That's what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week, on top of classes and everything. What fun that will be -_-
400+
bic:
Rath's ears perked in surprise at the sound of a quiet voice from behind him. Turning, his gleaming green eyes fell upon a very slender female standing a few paces away. She seemed, almost frightened of him, as if she wished she could run away but something held her in place. In perfect honesty, the taller male wasn't very comfortable around strangers either. His white tufted ears had already fallen slightly as was typical for the mildly nervous newcomer. "H-hello there..." he stuttered, bending slightly at his torso in an informal bow of greeting. "Y...you needn't refer to me as Sir. I understand such a name to only apply to those worthy of respect, of which I am not. My name is Henratha Gyrkin, but you may call me Rath if you wish," he managed a friendly smile as he spoke, not wanting to frighten the wolfess off.
His innate ability to observe details quickly drew his attention to the female's striking blue eyes. He quickly turned his gaze away however, not wanting the shy young woman to think he was watching her. Regaining his composure, the shaggy furred male smiled once more, turning his gooseberry green eyes on the female once more. "I hope you'll forgive my stuttering. I'm new to the pack, you see, and I tend to get a bit nervous around others." He chuckled nervously, inwardly scolding himself. Why had he just told her that? She hadn't even mentioned his stuttering and yet he had just blurted it out. Unfortunately, it was at this in opportune moment that the wooden strip holding his hair back behind his head snapped, causing the entire, kinky mess to fly into its preferred, random arrangement. This only served to unnerve the male even further. When his hair flew back into his face, he stepped backwards in astonishment only to trip over the spruce tree he had been examining. He let out short shout of surprise, his tenor voice cracking as did so. He landed in the slushy, muddy earth with a profound 'thud.'
After his fall, however, he didn't spring right back up to his feet. Instead, the male simply laid there too stunned for words. He merely waited for the sound of the female's laughter to come ringing forward. After all, what had just occurred had been humorous in some respects hadn't it? He certainly might have laughed, had he not felt like such a fool at present.
[html]

Words:300+
Aww, good luck on that project!!

Her own ears were tilted back as she studied him anxiously, fiddling with her claws before him. The stranger didn't react the way she expected; rather, he seemed almost as uncomfortable as she did. His eyes were a startling shade of green... They were more pale than Auntie Mew's vivid emerald, but no less intense. She felt as though her plain looks paled in comparison to his natural ruggedness, and bowed her head stiffly in response. "Henratha Gyrkin... I am Colibri Haki. You... may call me Coli, if you like. Um, I'm sure... you deserve more respect than I do..." she trailed off, wincing. Oh, she was a fool for expecting a normal conversation! She should just excuse herself now, spare herself the shame of continuing this play. But rather than stammering out an apology and running off, Coli found herself a little curious about the shaggy werewolf. He was being quite polite, after all.

Then his hair-tie snapped, and Coli let out a startled squeak as Rath tripped, crashing awkwardly over the trunk of the tree behind him. Her hands flew to her muzzle in shock, frozen in place momentarily as the fur of her nape stiffened upright. There was a silence broken only by the flapping of startled birds abandoning their search for nesting materials. "Y... you... are you... all right?" She managed to stammer, blue eyes as wide as saucers. Seeing his mess of wavy hair, the splash of mud up his haunches, finally she let her guard drop. Despite his size, this man seemed to be harmless, the way Laurent Nakado had been. And not only was Rath harmless, but... he was kinda funny, too. Coli giggled shyly, hesitantly lowering her hands. "Do... you need help, Rath?" She asked, offering him a rare smile. As long as he made no sudden movements, she was willing to give him a chance.

[/html]
ooc: I finished my project ^_^ whoot!!
400+
The brute hesitated momentarily before sitting up, his long hair hanging in front of his eyes. Using one hand to prop himself up in his sitting position, and his other hand to move his hair away from his eyes, he prepared to answer the shy femme. He saw her smiling face, and his ears fell back in embarrassment, only to slowly perk upwards once more. She was smiling, whereas before she had been quivering like a cornered mouse awaiting its eminent doom. The shy brute smiled back, the tips of his white fangs showing beneath his lips. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I'm alright. Just a little dirty, that's all," He replied, slowly pushing himself back up onto his feet. As his hands moved away from his face, his bangs fell back down over his eyes. However, he only allowed this to last for a moment.
He turned and faced the femme once more before glancing at the fallen spruce tree and chuckling, "I do believe I'll have to use that tree after all. Maybe I can get my revenge on it by turning it into something useful. That's what I do, by the way, I build things out of wood. Instruments, furniture, I'm sure I could even make a small building if I practiced a little, but enough about me. What things do you enjoy Coli?" The nervous brute did his best to halt his habit of rambling by turning the subject to something the wolfess might enjoy speaking about. After all, now that they had been introduced, he felt as though he wanted to learn everything he could about the blue eyed young woman. Perhaps it was the fact that she seemed to be as nervous around strangers as he was. He didn't really know.
Regardless of his reasons, he had asked her a question and he quietly waited for her reply. However, he was quickly growing tired of having to hold his hair out of his face, so with a flick of his tail he turned and tore a small branch off the trunk of the fallen tree beside him. He proceeded to pluck the few remaining needles from the branch before using the thin, pliable twig as another hair tie. Granted, it wasn't as easy to tie his hair up with, but he figured it would hold for a short while at least. Then, his brief task done, he returned his full attention to the light brown furred femme before him.
[html]

Words: 400+
Yeah, way to go~! ^__^

The direct question threw her off-guard, and her wide blue eyes fluttered for a moment, trying to invent a good answer to that question. What things did she enjoy? It was surprisingly hard to answer. She liked spending time with her little sister, Willow, but that was more of a responsibility than a hobby. She did not have a craft like Rath's carpentry, or her Aunt's music. She didn't even have a co-rank duty, like most of the other wolves she'd met. "Ah... Well... Flowers," she mumbled, hoping she wouldn't look like an idiot. "Growing plants, like a garden... that calms me down. I'm not handy like you are, b-building things and whatnot... and it's just something I use to pass the days, not really for enjoyment... I mean... I don't know what I mean," she stammered, nerve failing her. Her "green thumb" was something a little too personal to discuss comfortably, since it filled a need in her soul... the need to create, to look after something other than herself. She could not start a family, although she was certainly of age. She did not believe in the concept of pets, and she wasn't a good enough role model to look after other's children like Alexey did, as the pack Caregiver. So she spent her lonely days cultivating flowers, or at least she had before she came here in the dead of winter. It was nerve-wracking, trying to deal with all of these new faces and names and ranks and such, without the comforting habit of tending to her old garden. She watched him utilize the whippy twig as a new tie for his wild mess of hair, and swallowed hard, finding the inkling of courage to speak up again. "Sounds a little silly, doesn't it?" She admitted, meeting his intense pale-green gaze with hesitation. "But it's what I do. I'm not good at anything else." If he wanted to laugh at her petty idea of a hobby, then so be it. She would stalk off. It would be an excuse to leave, and besides, she didn't want to talk to someone who looked down on her. Coli found herself hoping he didn't, though. He did seem like a nice guy, and it was comforting to see that he was nervous as well. Overconfidence just crushed the shy girl. She needed someone on her level in order to speak openly, without her shields of defense.

[/html]
ooc: ^_^ Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm still super busy trying to catch up on my homework for Latin class. Oh well, the cycle of work never ends.
500+

bic:Rath smiled warmly as Coli told him of her hobby. Flowers, that seemed to suit this girl's shy personality just perfectly. Hearing her describe the manner in which she cared for her plants, an idea formed in his mind. "How do you grow the plants when it's so cold up in this region? Do you have a greenhouse or anything like that?" He inquired, turning once more to look at the tree he was standing in front of. His arms crossed and his hand came to his chin as he began to think. If she didn't have a greenhouse, he could build her one. Granted, he would need to scavenge some glass, perhaps from the windows of uninhabited dwellings. Yes, that might work. Of course he would only remove the windows from structures that had decayed to a point beyond repair. He was snapped out of his storm of creative thought by the femme's question over the sillyness of her hobby. "It's not silly in the least. I admire the fact that you enjoy cultivating plants. In fact, I'm quite fond of flowers myself, although I have no knowledge whatsoever of how to grow and care for them," he admitted with a light hearted laugh. "To be able to spread nature's beauty by growing flowers is wonderful, Coli. Don't ever let anyone else tell you differently," his green eyes locked onto the femme to emphasize the encouraging nature of his words.
For a moment, he was unsure as to what had brought about his sudden flood of encouragement. Perhaps the fact that he was comfortable around the shy female that made it so easy for him to speak fluently and purposefully. He couldn't help but enjoy being around someone who shared in the timid nature he possessed. His tail picked up an idle wag as he stood there, his tall form towering over the female. When he realized that there had been a prolonged silence he spoke up again, fearful that Coli might understand the lack of conversation to mean that he no longer wished to speak. "What sort of flowers do you like? I remember once, when I was a pup I got in trouble for almost eating a flower. What was it my mother called it again...a daffodil? Whatever it was it was really beautiful, with it's yellow petals. I guess I must have thought something that looked so good would have tasted good, but boy did I get scolded after trying to eat one," he chuckled and shook his head. Come to think of it he had never asked his mother why she had punished him for that. Oh well, it was too late now.
Not wanting to seem like he was idly waiting for the timid wolfess' answer, the ruddy hued male busied himself with removing the smaller branches from the fallen tree to prepare it for transport back to his home on the southern border of Berwick. However, his white tufted opts remained perked and trained on the girl, wanting to make sure he heard her answer. Every few seconds he would glance, with his gooseberry green eyes, to make sure that she had not snuck away. He enjoyed the company and, for the first time in awhile, was not looking forward to being by himself again.
[html]

Aww, I want to take a Latin class! Lucky! Sad
Words: 473

"Ah..." Coli exhaled slowly, deflating. "I... only just came to this climate. I haven't had the chance to grow anything yet. It doesn't get warm here?" Well, that would explain why the snow was so reluctant to go away. Would she have to rely on potted plants, the kind she could keep indoors? Things would get cluttered quickly if she kept as many as she had been hoping to. Deuce wouldn't be pleased. Her blue eyes grew distant, mind racing with possibilities. Well, there was always her original idea, keeping hidden gardens nestled in the forest. Hollowed logs would create their own fertilizer, but she lacked the tools to hollow them herself, and relied on nature to take effect first. More and more, this was seeming like an impossible idea! She would have to limit herself to what she could grow in front of the porch, then, and instruct little Willow specifically to ignore the plants. As if that would keep her away. Oh, mange-tailed mongrels, this was difficult!

Rath's vivid green eyes locked onto hers, and her train of thought quietly derailed. He was... fond of flowers? A big, practical guy like this? That was a surprise. Maybe he was just saying that to be nice. Although that would be even more surprising - why would someone who owed her nothing strive to be nice to her? "N-nature doesn't need my help," she stammered, cowed by his direct way of speech. She must look like such an idiot, and after he was being so patient, too!

There was a moment of awkward silence, in which she shuffled her feet in the forest loam, unsure of whether she should change the topic or excuse herself. She didn't want to go, not yet... Rath hadn't given her a reason to leave, and they had actually been sharing a relatively civil conversation. Thankfully, the hulking werewolf spoke up again, and Coli breathed a soft sigh of relief, shyly meeting his gaze again. "Oh dear, it's a good thing she stopped you! If it was a daffodil, and you had eaten the bulb, it probably could have killed you! There are a lot of plants that are p...poisonous... to, um, canines..." She caught herself in mid-blurt, a flush rising beneath her cream-furred cheeks. Now this was an even worse topic. Admitting that her favourite kind of flowers were the deadly ones? Far too creepy! It would scare him off for sure. She had never hurt anyone by growing them, but it was never a good idea to tempt pups with so many bright flowers together. Hadn't his story just proven that fact? Rath was busying himself by stripping the smaller branches off of the tree before them, so perhaps he had not yet noticed her discomfort. Perhaps she should just cut her losses, and flee...

[/html]
ooc: Latin is incredibly hard to learn. I still don't have all the words memorized. It's so hard because you can't speak it. Well...you can, it's just that hardly anyone does.
Words: 400

When Coli questioned the climate of the area, the ruddy hued brute could do nothing but shrug his shoulder. "I'm not sure whether it gets warm here or not. Where I used to live it was cold and cloudy nine months out of the year. Most of the flowers completed their life cycles in the few months when the sun was given the chance to warm the landscape. However, I'm not an authority on this area's climate in the least," he replied, shaking his head slightly. Why had he even brought the subject of weather up in the first place? It seemed quite pointless to discuss. He continued to strip the branches from the trunk of the fallen spruce before he finally got up the courage to suggest a solution to the possible problem of an inhospitable climate. "I...I could build you a greenhouse. If you would like. Of course, I need to still find some tools to use, but once I find some I'd be more than happy to build it for you. If I do a good job, which unfortunately I can't guarantee as I've never made on before, you wouldn't have to worry about the weather too much. I'm not sure why greenhouses are so effective when it comes to growing plants. All I know is from what I was taught by others," he stuttered, not entirely sure whether he should have even offered to build something he hardly knew anything about. Granted, he had seen a couple of them in his travels, but most greenhouses had their glass panels supported by metal, not wood. Surely the same concept could work with a wooden support structure.
As if in an attempt to recover the conversation, Rath smiled and nodded before responing to the shy female's comment about the poisonous nature of daffodil bulbs. So far, his nervous ramblings hadn't driven the wolfess off. Why was that exactly? Perhaps he was becoming friends with Coli. That didn't sound so bad, the white flecked brute thought. No, in fact that sounded quite nice. In a sudden wave of confidence he spoke up once more. "I had no idea that daffodil bulbs were poisonous. That's fascinating," he smiled, nodding to affirm the sincerity of his words, "How many types of poisonous plants are there? I'd never considered that certain plants could be dangerous," he admitted, feeling somewhat foolish that he had not thought to learn about the dangerous parts of the nature he adored.
[html]

OoC: Originally I was going to have Syphax speak some Latin, since it is a scholar's language nowadays. Smile But since I couldn't find good enough resources to pull it off, I just used it to name his sister, "Hiems" [winter]. Trivia!
Words: 500+

Coli listened anxiously as Rath explained his view on the climate; he used to live in colder clime than this, which explained his thick wiry fur. She didn't sport the same natural protection, and thus winters were frosty, uncomfortable times. She shivered, remembering the frigid winds she had encountered on her way to these lands. The summer sun would be a happy time for the shy girl.

Rath continued working diligently as she remained quiet, watching his deft hands snapping the twigs from the sleek base of the tree. He seemed most comfortable when his hands were busy, which was something she could relate to. He spoke again, hesitantly, and she jumped as his tenor cut through the encroaching silence. She smoothed her rising fur with her claws as he made her an offer... probably the last thing she had expected to hear.
"Y-you? Build a b-building for me? But, but... that would be so much work for you! It would take you such a long time, and I have no way of paying you or anything... I don't deserve anything like that, really. Th-there's no need!" She probably would have continued denying the offer, had she not thought it might hurt the poor fellow's feelings. That was a huge favor he was offering her, though, and while she would love to have the solitude and sanctity of her own greenhouse, there was no way she could justify the big werewolf having to build it. After all, she was one of the worst wolves in this pack! And all of Rath's talents and materials would be better suited towards building his own house, or working on storage sheds for possible crops, and things that would benefit everyone. But her own greenhouse... Coli bit her lower lip, torn. It would be amazingly nice to have.

Rath didn't seem fazed by her knowledge of poisons, though, and she slowly let her guard down again, letting her stiff posture relax. Why had he not driven her off yet? The white-flecked male was like no other she had met so far, in looks and personality, and to some extent she found it hard to understand him. He seemed a little on edge all the time, much like herself, but he was big, and strong, and male... Surely no one could hurt him, even if they tried. What was there for him to be afraid of? It was different to be a frail little girl, unwanted by family, barely protected by friends. "M-my birth pack taught me a myriad of poisonous plants..." she began shyly. "It's odd, because I can't recall any of their names, or even their faces, but the stuff they taught me stuck with me forever. See, my mother died in childbirth, along with any littermates I might have had. Since... m-my father wasn't her mate... he had me sent to live with her pack, away from here. So... those relatives took care of me for a while... but once I got a little older, and my mother's mate saw how much I looked like my real dad, they sent me back to live with him. That was the end of my education." She rubbed her nose, embarrassed by the story. That was a start, though; she hadn't admitted any personal things to Rath except for her green thumb, and now he knew what had inspired that. It was a connection to the heritage she didn't know, her mother's side of the family. The side she hoped she took after, rather than the twisted genes of her sire.

[/html]
ooc: I could definitely see Syphax speaking Latin. If you want some help, try going to Words by Whitaker. I don't know the full URL but if you google it you should be able to find it. Its and online English to Latin and Latin to English translator ^_^
Word Count: 590
ic: Rath wasn't offended by the shy girl’s attempts to refuse him. In fact, her protests almost made him want to build her greenhouse even more. Yes, his mind was made up. He'd definitely build her a greenhouse. How exactly, he wasn't yet sure, but that wouldn't stop him from trying. "Coli, I want to build it for you. You need a place to grow your plants. I know what it's like to have a hobby that you love and to not be able to work at it for any period of time is an unsettling thing. I should know. I haven't done any woodworking or carpentry in almost seven months now. The only way I keep myself from going crazy is looking for tools, although I sadly haven't found any yet," he chuckled, trying to make light of his personal predicament. "You see, if you allow me to build you a greenhouse, you'd be helping me by giving me something to build and I could help you by giving you a place to grow your plants," he smiled in a friendly manner. He hoped his description of how his offer produced a win-win situation would persuade the chocolate and cream colored female to accept his offer.
His white tufted ears focused on the timid wolfess's words describing how she had learned about the plants she seemed to love so much. Her relatives had taught her. That was somewhat similar to how he had learned his trade, although unlike her his father had taught him all he knew. He didn't even know if he had any extended relatives, since his late parents had never spoken of any. "It seems that relatives are often some of the best teachers. My father taught me all about woodworking and carpentry. My mother taught me how to read and calculate various angles and other skills related to the mental side of woodworking and carpentry. I believe she called it mathematics or something. Talk about a headache," Rath laughed as he remembered the numerous times he had tried to hide from his mother to avoid being forced to sit and listen to her descriptions of how to calculate angles and how to calculate measurements. "I am sorry to hear that your mother died, Coli. I know how it feels to lose people close to you. Both of my parents died not too long ago," he sighed as he finished stripping the last few small branches from the fallen spruce. He would use the few large branches at the base of the tree as handles with which to drag the tree back to his home. Now that his task was done he turned and gave Coli his full attention. He did his best to hide his sadness on the subject of his parents, but his gooseberry green gaze betrayed his true emotions. Still, he wished to continue conversing with Coli, so he hoped that she would not be deterred by his sudden emotional change. He wasn't sure why he had told her that both of his parents were dead. That was a topic he rarely mentioned to anyone. He hated even thinking about it and yet he had felt compelled to tell her. Despite his best efforts to smile and appear unphased by the memories he had brought up, a lone tear managed to trickle down his face and drip off into the snow. Embarrassed he turned to the side, hoping to hide it. Males were not supposed to show weakness, especially strong, tall males like him.
[html]

OoC: Ooh, thanks for the resource! <3 I was thinking we should wrap this one up, since it's getting a little old - plus I have a lot of threads with Coli going on right now, lol! This'll be my last post, so you can go again if you want to end it, or we'll just close it after this. ^_^
Words: 300+

Rath gave his amiable smile again, melting away her protests and concerns. It was a symbiotic approach; it would fulfill both of their needs, and neither would owe the other. Still, it was more than that, wasn't it? Because if carpentry was to Rath as what botany was to Coli, then building a construct would be a deeply personal gesture, one she did not deserve. Sighing, she bowed her head in acquiescence, silently pleased. She would love to have a greenhouse, even though she was not entirely sure what one looked like, or where Rath would find the glass. Having her own private building, one she could even lock up so no one could intrude... Her mind wandered, imagining the possibilities...

Her friend spoke again, revealing a glimpse of his own past in return for her admission. His parents sounded like loving, caring people; the sort that every child wanted to have, but so few did in this day and age. Coli let her ears fall back in apprehension, and maybe even a touch of jealousy...? Because she always wanted to know what it felt like, to be wanted and loved. She had been far too young to remember her mother, and no one had ever filled that role in her life. Being shuttled back and forth between various packs and the distant, unstable father she wanted to love but was never reciprocated... It made it very hard to trust people, as she did not know the meaning of trust. As Rath's eyes welled with tears, a single drop trickling down his muzzle from those vivid green eyes, she felt a pang of pity in her chest. It must feel even worse, then, to have a caring family and then lose them. The shy werewolf wordlessly outstretched her hand, intending to brush the tear away, but...

The overcast clouds above them finally gave in to their promise of spring rains. A few lonely drops pattered against the lattice of tree branches above them, and then one fat raindrop splattered directly onto Colibri's nose, making her sneeze. As the muddy ground about their footpaws grew wetter and wetter, the shy girl raised her arms defensively above her head, trying to protect her silky hair from the deluge. "I... I... it was nice to meet you, Rath!" she stammered, blue eyes filled with regret as her treacherous tongue could say no more. Then she turned tail and ran, huddled against the spattering raindrops as she dashed for the cover of her home.

[/html]
ooc: Cool, I'd say this baby is done ^_^

bic: After turning away in embarrassment for his tears, Rath saw Coli nod to his offer, leading him to smile again. Suddenly, a warm feeling arose in his cheeks, something unfamiliar to the tall male. It felt wonderful. He felt even more excited to be building the greenhouse for the timid female. Now that he knew what it was like to feel comfortable around someone, he wanted to feel that again. As the clouds began to pour down their rain he looked up at them, as if asking them why they had to ruin the moment. He really enjoyed being around Coli, and he wanted it to last a bit longer. However, as he did this he heard Coli begin to run off and turned to see her lithe form dashing off, her hands held above her head protectively. At first he was puzzled, wondering if he had done something to frighten her off, but then he heard her timid voice say something. Without even thinking he called out, "It was wonderful to meet you too, Colibri. See you around..." he trailed off, his strong right arm waving farewell to the female that had been the source of this odd, but enjoyable sensation within him. As she disappeared from his view, the tall shaggy male turned to the tree he had prepared for transport. "I guess I'd better head home," he thought out loud, before grabbing the remaining branches at the base of the tree. Then, using his strong arms and legs, he strode off in the southeasterly direction of his home on the outskirts of Berwick. He was now even more determined to find his tools, so he could begin working on her greenhouse. Of course he would have to see her again first, to ask her where precisely she wanted him to build it. Even as the rain began to pelt down on top of him, soaking his white-flecked, reddish brown coat, he gave a brief grin. He was definitely eager to see her again.