rolling stones
[html]
So this was where they lived. The packlands were nice enough, he supposed, and he was certain his sister enjoyed rummaging through the old human ruins for priceless spare parts for her jewelry collection. The Stormbringer male had yet to run into anyone he now called packmate, but that was just fine with him. He'd never much been a social butterfly, always remaining the quiet soul on the outside, ever present, never included. Of course, he made things that way himself. He tended to keep quiet around those he didn't know well, and quite honestly being around a pack of strangers put him a little on edge. He had a good feeling it would take a long while for him to find anyone he could truly trust here, aside from his younger sister. Only time would tell.

Drey had spent most of the morning seeking out the little house Kol called home, a slight knot in his throat at the prospect of coming upon her roommate again. The tawny Koios girl had unnerved him as no other ever had, and he was heavily conflicted between avoiding her for the rest of his life and wanting to spend more time with her. His bachelor side pounded the former into his head, while something else tugged at the latter. He was torn, and decided for now to simply not do either, and let chance take the lead.

The house the two females shared had been empty when he'd arrived, and he'd taken it upon himself to let himself in. He knew Kol wouldn't mind, and he intelligently avoided the areas of the building that smelled overwhelmingly of Alexey. It was odd for him to have the courtesy to avoid the girl's private areas, as he usually couldn't care less about barging into some other female's domicile. But Alexey was different to him, and he found himself skirting her territory out of a rare feeling of respect for her.

After helping himself to some left over rabbit Kol had stashed in her bedroom, the scarlet-tinged male now sat in his optime form on the front steps of the little house, his emerald eyes looking out over the cemetery. It was a strange place to choose one's den, here amongst the forgotten dead of a species exterminated by their own hand, but he had to admit there was something oddly peaceful about the graveyard. Most of the tombstones were crumbled and covered in vines, Nature staking her ultimate claim in the scheme of things. It added a bit of renewed life to the place of death, and the male had to admit he was becoming fond of the atmosphere it created.
[/html]
[html]

The red she wolf lay in the suns light. She had atempted to stray from Cwmfen's den. She couldn't hold the females company for long before she started to feel the need to snap. Resting her head on her paws Svara gave out a sigh. A red cloth was wrapped around her eyes, keeping the light out of the one that could barely see. Under the red cloth many small and large claw scars were over her face, one of her eyes was completely useless and the other one only caused head aches when she tried to use it.

It had been a month and her head still ached and her eyes still hurt. The pain made her placid and tired. She couldn't hunt, or go far with out getting lost, she couldn't bath with out fear of drowning. Svara wanted nothing more then for her mother to feel this. The she wolf wanted to rip her mothers eyes out until the blood soaked the fresh spring grass. In a sour mood she laid on her side looking almost like a corpse in the grass as she just took in the warmth of the day, it was all she could do alone.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: O HAI THAR LOVE! XD Thanks for joining me!

Drey had no sense of time as he sat peacefully on his sister's steps, his dark pelt soaking up the sun's rays and warming his being. From what he'd gathering, this land had nearly as much conflict as Solbjorg Valley did, though for the moment he relished the rare moment of peace. The male could never truly be described as a gentle soul, but he always found a quiet joy in the gentleness of nature around him. The darkness within him could rival that of his grandfather, but at the same time the Stormbringer would go out of his way to avoid senseless bloodshed. His murderous wrath was directed only at those he felt deserved as much. Like the Dawnrunners.

As the sun crept overhead on its ceaseless flight from the jaws of Skoll, the Sunchaser, the light spring breeze shifted a bit and Drey's ears perked in curiosity. The changing wind brought a new scent to his charcoal nose, and he quietly rose from his seat to have a closer look. Just beyond the outskirts of the cemetery, a prone female with fur nearly matching his own came into view in the grass, her chest rising and falling as he approached. The male raised a brow inquisitively as he caught sight of the red cloth covering the girl's eyes, and he made no effort to hide his footsteps as he drew closer. The edges of half-healed scars could be seen poking out from under the crimson blindfold, the marks of damage done none too long ago. He was cautious as he approached, but the girl smelled heavily of Dahlia, and he may as well start aquainting himself with his packmates at some point. "You must have made quite an enemy, to warrant wounds like that." Oh yeah, real smooth to jump right in. Then again, Drey's tact usually rivalled his gentleness; as close to nill as possible. Absolute bluntness was one of the Stormbringer's strong points.
[/html]
[html]

With the loss of her sight came increased senses. She could hear everything around her, the smallest animals moving into the trees or the light paw steps in the grass. The smell of others became stronger and more dominante. Though Svara knew one of her eyes could see shadows of figures it didn't really do her much good. It only caused this raging head ache to build behind her eyes. The grass around her swayed and creased her body gentely as she continued to lay there breathing.

It was his scent that made her know he was there first. The sound of his paw steps came next and then his voice ringing out above all other things. With most she had this instinct to snap out in anger, but this time she was to placid to at ease. She didn't move from her comfortable position in the grass. She'd rather talk to him where she could be less tense.

"Not an enemy I was just born." She said with a devilish grin in her normal husky voice. It felt strange to not be able to look at someone, to only know what they were by their scent and voice. He sounded like he wasn't ugly, but what did the new male look like? Svara feared thinking about her new prision, the enforced darkness was hard to accept at times. Expecially when she could feel the sun but not see its light. "But fuck it who gives a crap about that bitch she's old news and she will suffer for her insanity." Svara chuckled evily thinking about her mother being tortured ripped apart peice by peice, she really hated that women.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry for the wait!!! *stabs her work connection* This is under par because I need to get back into Drey. XP And don't mind him, Drey has a habit of giving people Norse nicknames. Wink

Realizing that the female was in no hurry to rise, the Stormbringer lowered himself to a squatting position beside her, his russet fingers fiddling absently with a dandelion. The young girl had made no move to dismiss the male's company, and so he made no move to remove himself as yet. It was a lazy day, his sister was nowhere to be found, and he had nothing better to do.

The female's words were brief and bitter, and there was no doubt she knew intimately the female that had done this to her. There was a sense of betrayal behind those words, in addition to the anger they dripped with. "You hate her, that much is clear. Hatred is good, it can give you a strength you otherwise wouldn't have. But only if it's contained and used properly to fuel your spirit. Just don't let it lash out aimlessly, or you will burn yourself far more than anyone else, and it will destroy you. If that happens, raudrengr, your enemy has won the ultimate battle."

He had no idea why he was giving the unknown girl advice, nor whether she would understand it or choose to heed it, but it was said nonetheless.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-3.png); width: 500px; height: 310px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:0px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 110px; top: 75px; width: 230px; height: 220px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #000000; scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #0000000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000; scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; scrollbar-track-color: #000000">

!!?!!

I'm RAGE FILLED AND YOUR RIGHT THERE!

The she wolf lay there making no move to aknowledge the male other then talking to him. For some reason she didn't feel the need to snap at the male or make him hate her like everyone else. She felt him approach as he squatted down beside her. What he said made her ears perk forward and her head raise. It wasn't a response she had expected. Most wolves dished out a pity party or told her not to feel anger.

"It's more then hatred I feel. Rage burns in my gut no matter what I do. I already know I will be my own down fall." She chuckled not seeing the male but smelling him and trying to store the scent in her memory. "To bad though I always wanted to do one thing right." She grumbled laying her head back on the grass.
"Tell me what you see when you look at me?" Svara got up into a sitting posistion and moved her face close to his. Now that she was blind she had no choice but to feel another to know what they look like. "Can't say I really care what you think, but indulge me." She said with a genuine grin.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: XD *tries to get this reply in before her boss sends her to lunch*

The girl's movement, and words, were a bit unexpected, but the male indulged her as she moved to a sitting position before him. Seeing that she had no intention of ending their little conversation, he pulled his legs into a cross-legged position beneath him, giving no signs of flinching or pulling away as she moved her scarred face closer to his. If she'd expected him to turn away or show her pity, she was mistaken. He'd seen his youngest brother ripped apart by his longtime enemies a mere few months ago; there wasn't much that turned his heart easily.

He took a moment to think before offering the blind girl his answer. "What do I see? I see a fiery young girl caught between a child and a woman, who more than likely lacks the self-restraint to keep herself out of senseless trouble. The few words you've spoken show me someone who believes the world owes her something, and that everything bad that happens to her is someone else's fault. I see someone who desperately wants to prove herself to everyone around her, including herself."

He paused for a moment, knowing he was only judging her on the few sentences she'd spoken and her mannerisms. Still, he didn't quite feel he was wrong, but there was more to her, or so he felt. "I also see someone with more determination and willpower than I've seen in a very long time, if only she would learn to use it properly. I think there's much more to you than either yourself or anyone else gives you credit for, but I also think it may take something very big to bring that part of you out. At least, that's been my experience with others I've known who you remind me of." He could have been completely off target with his assessment, but then again, Drey really didn't care. It had been the red girl that had asked his opinion.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-3.png); width: 500px; height: 310px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:0px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 110px; top: 75px; width: 230px; height: 220px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #000000; scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #0000000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000; scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; scrollbar-track-color: #000000">

!!?!!

I'm RAGE FILLED AND YOUR RIGHT THERE!

As he sat before her Svara was glad he didn't offer pity. She didn't want it from him or anyone else. What she wanted was for them to listen to her stop ignoring what she was trying to tell them all. Maybe only she could see what she was trying to tell them. Maybe they didn't see it. It was the words of the stranger that showed her wrong. Maybe they all didn't see it or want to understand it, but this complete stranger did he just summed up all her life and problems in one statement. A chuckle came from her.

"I meant my face, but I have to give you credit not most want to actually look that deep." In her wolf form she sat with her fluffy tail around her paws now not as close to him as she was before. To know what his face looked like she would have to touch it with her hands and that would require changing something she didn't like to do that often. His first words had stung, because didn't the truth hurt?

His second words didn't sting they surprised her. "I don't think anyone really cares about that stuff." She said with a whistful tone. "To bad ehh?" She questioned him with a smile that didn't have an evil linger.

[/html]