Improper Methods
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: I figured I'd just have Rath play a part of Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. It's one of my favorite songs, and it seemed like it would be well known enough that his father might have heard it somewhere in his lifetime. Anyway, sorry for the delay.

Words:462

The ruddy hued werewolf smiled as he wrapped his fingers around the guitar and took it from Mew's extended hand. When she informed him that it was not tuned, he immediately began to tune it out of habit. Kneeling, he rested the body of the guitar on his knee to support it before gently plucking the low E string. Carefully, he adjusted the knob on the head stock of the guitar that corresponded with that string, turning it to calibrate the tone of the string. He was almost painfully cautious in doing this, as he did not want to accidentally break one of the instrument's strings. However, the tall male found that the guitar was not as far out of tune as Mew might have thought. After tuning the lowest string to it's proper sound, Rath repeated the same process with the rest of the strings in an upward ascending order from lowest to highest. This took him approximately two or three minutes to do, and when he was finished he strummed the guitar to make sure the strings had been tuned correctly. "There that should do it,"he announced, smiling at the white wolfess before him. "Now, let's see if I can remember one of those old human songs my father taught me," he thought out loud, his gooseberry green eyes turning to his left hand, which was wrapped around the neck of the guitar. Since he was out of practice he would have to watch his fingers a little more often than usual, to make sure they pressed the strings down on the right frets. His right hand would be a bit easier to manage, as all it had to do was pluck the strings in the proper order.

The pony-tailed male thought for a long while before finally beginning to play. His memory had been gracious enough to recall his favorite song, one which his father had told him was called, 'Tears in Heaven.' He had never understood why such a pleasing song would have such a sad name, but it did not matter at present. His fingers worked in tandem as he played the melody on the guitar. It was not a particularly long song, only three verses, but Rath decided to only play the melody for the first verse. So, about a minute later, Rath plucked the final note to the tune and stood back up, handing the guitar to Mew. "It really is a wonderful instrument. I'm sorry if I messed up when I was playing...I'm probably more out of practice than I thought," he apologized, smiling nervously. Had he done too much by actually playing a song? Had the musically talented woman liked it? These questions and more swam through the naturally nervous male's mind.

[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira
Another "sorry for the wait" from me, but at least now everything is settled. I will be faster from now on. Let me know if you want to end this thread by the way, as it is getting old. Personally I have no problem with old threads Smile

The white-pelted femme watched silently as Henratha tuned the guitar in front of her, seeming intent on playing it right there and then. At that, she had no objections, although personally she would probably have hesitated playing in front of someone who knew music. Alexey wasn't intimidating, as Mew was her tutor, not the other way around, but should Mew have run into the one that had first shown her the instrument, so long ago, she would not have played in front of her. It didn't exactly make sense, but then again not everything she did did make sense. The presence of Lubomir in her bed room did not make sense, nor did her personality compared to her brothers'. That, of course, she did not know, still convinced that her brother might be peculiar and sometimes intimidating, but not evil. There were enough witnesses in the world who would have her believe otherwise.

The tones that danced from the male's fingers as he played were strange to Mew, having never heard them played. She had only ever heard other persons and her own music, and hers was collected from music sheets made from all kinds of notation styles. In reality she played anything she found, not always knowing whether it was made for a guitar or piano or singing - that didn't matter. She was interested in the melodies, the rest did not matter. Although, of course, as Henratha now proved, some things simply sounded better on the instrument it was made for. Watching the ease with which he played she was certain that the melody and the tones it was surrounded with was composed for the guitar, otherwise his fingers would not have found their places so easily. Of course, he could simply be more skilled than her, but she did recognize it when a song for another instrument was played on the guitar. It was more... strained. Smiling as he finished, the femme took the guitar by the neck as he handed it to her, shaking her head very vaguely at his questions. Oh it was lovely - don't worry about messing up. Who doesn't do that? Quietly taking a few steps forward she leaned the guitar against the wall again, putting it away. As she did so, first hesitating (perhaps she should know this song?), she asked the male about the song he had played. The melody was lovely - what is it called? Does it have any lyrics? A lot of the songs she found in the school had lyrics, and for the most part the ones she found in the library did not. She always enjoyed singing while playing - the harmonies got together so nicely when she did.

[/html]
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
We can end it if you want, but I don't have a problem with old threads either. If you're okay with keeping it going, then I'm okay with it

Words:300+

She had liked it! The ruddy male gave a silent sigh of relief before standing up once more. Kneeling on the floor was good for playing guitar, but it was not all that comfortable for conversation. Once he was at his full height once more, the shaggy werewolf relaxed his posture and leaned against the wall to quietly contemplate the answer to Mew's question. He had learned the song from his father, and he did seem to remember hearing his mother singing along once when he was a child, but he could not remember the lyrics at the moment. The title, however, he remembered quite easily. "It's called, Tears in Heaven, my father taught me that song. I remember that it does have lyrics, but I do not remember them. My parents never told me where they had heard the song, but they did tell me the story behind the song, from an old book written about the human who wrote the song. The artist, a human by the name of Eric Clapton, wrote this song after his child was killed in a horrible accident," The male shook his head, unable to imagine the grief that the human must have felt. "Sad as the history of the song may be, I've always liked it." His pearly white fangs glinted in a smile, as he turned to the female once more. "Thank you for letting me play your guitar. It is a very nice instrument." His words were sincere and he gave a polite nod as a gesture of thanks to accompany his words. What would they do now? His white tufted ears were pricked forward alertly, as he tried to think of something else to say. However, it seemed that for once, he was out of questions. This only served to unnerve the timid male, who did not particularly want the conversation to end yet. Although, he still had tools to search for. So, the male knit his brow momentarily as he tried to think of another conversational topic, hoping that the silence that had overtaken their conversation would not linger long.

[/html]