Stop the Clocks, if i could....
[html]

haven<3

Inhaling the strong scent was starting to make her head ache. The hard brush was growing attached to her hand as she moved her arm in the continuous circular motions. Switching from her right to left paw the newly dubbed Brigadier General found that her entire upper body was growing tired. The hard now slick floor made her knees ache in pain but the glint of the hardwood was worth the effort. The floor was disgusting, or in he blue eyes she wore it was. Too many trampled through the kitchen with muddy spring paws, and she had come to her wits ends. A bucket of rainwater, the bristled brush from the sink’s cabinet and the old tired bar of soap aided the fey in the seemly endless job.

The floor would have been cleaned by another, or maybe no one would have cared or noticed. But Anu found it as an escape. The kitchen had been the center of her little word in Crimson Dreams, and she had grown attached to the familiar fixtures. Her room was nothing more then a place for sleep, not for relaxation or reflection. Hands and knees on the floor scrubbing filth away was a more comforting atmosphere. In a hidden place in her heart it was a deserved task, the guilt still ever present. The perfect place for avoiding those that she feared would know all her little secrets, she hid in plain sight.

It was a day for chores, the rain pattered against the wide roof of the mansion and the clouds made the dim light of the mansion’s candles seem bright. Grey skies hung over her. But as she busied herself, as she had become so good at, her mind became as bright as the sun that hid behind it's veil. Anu took another deep breath of the pungent soapy water that she spread across the floor, her lungs were growing accustomed to the odor and the sting of her eyes lessening. Arm tensed with fatigue and she ignored it, removing a stain with extra elbow grease. Her job was never done.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<3 300+

The boy had smelled the rain gathering in the clouds. Hmmm, maybe he should have decided to spend the day in the mansion instead of outside. Right now he was sitting against a budding tree fiddling with his new guitar. He had been so excited finding it in the city but after running into Ehno he hadn't had time to look for much else. It had had a strap attached and he had found the case for it, but that was all he took home with him. But after playing around with it it appeared that was all he needed. The Aatte youth had only arrived back inside Crimson Dreams the night before and so had not searched out either of his mothers. He needed to find at least one of them. He wanted to know what was going on.

Standing up the kid strapped the guitar to his back and made his way towards the mansion. He needed to get the instrument into cover before the rain started and he had stupidly not brought the protective case with him. Bi-colored ears twitched as he heard the droplets of water begin to fall around him. Crap! Being drenched with water would no doubt be hard on his new favorite possession so he moved it from his back to holding it in front of him, trying his best to shield it from the water with his lanky body.

By the time he reached the porch of the mansion he was pretty well soaked. Luckily not much water had gotten on the guitar. Setting the wooden instrument against the side of the house he tried to shake off most of the water from his burnt orange pelt before entering. It only helped so much and he could still feel water dripping from his long snowy mane onto his back. Picking the guitar back up he opened the door to the house. So this was how doors were meant to be opened. The sound of scrubbing hit his ears and immediately he saw his tawny mother on her hands and knees cleaning the floor. "Oh no..." he said frowning. "Jeez, I'm sorry mom." Jade eyes looked where he was dripping all over the clean floorboards.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

In anyone else’s eyes she would have been done long ago. But still her arm moved back and forth, letting the brush push the suds over the floor. Simple things, like counting the times she moved the brush, or humming her favorite song kept her mind at ease and distracted. It was only until the front door opened that her thoughts strayed from her task. His voice echoed against the entryway that she had drifted into and her ears perked at the sound. Blue eyes look up, and the sight brought her body up to a kneeling position. Resting back on her heels Anu look to the sight of her son.

He was so grown up, so changed that at first it scared her but then turned into a soft and heartfelt feeling in her chest. Of course he was old enough to shift, but it seemed like he was the first to get control over it. Eyes wondered from the shaggy hair that made his mane, to the musical instrument that he held. She smiled, and suddenly noticed that she might just be on the brink of tears. It felt like ages since that last she had seen him, he had been her dragon slayer and the pumpkin patch knight. Now he was grown, soon to be taller then she was.

Its alright. She didn’t even notice the water that dripped from him and onto the floor. Getting to her feet she let the brush fall into the half filled bucket. A smile crossed her face as she took a step across her semi-cleaned floor. Her head cocked slightly as she saw the glimmer of metal by his head. Her smile turned to a stern frown as she approached him, eyeing the ring that hung in his ear. Haven. She spoke as she got close enough to truly see what had been done.

What is that? What was he doing? Her mind reeled. What had she missed? Where had she been while he was out putting holes in a body that didn’t need any. Blue eyes looked to his face, searching for an explanation.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was good to see her. He felt bad for staying away for so long. Yet at the same time his stomach had worked itself into a knot at the knowledge that he needed to ask her some things. Things that would not be easy, probably for either of them. Still, he gave her a sheepish smile as she took in the sight of him. This was the first time she had seen him shifted so he imagined it was quite a bit for her to take in. Even he was aware how quickly his childhood had gone by and could only imagine how fast it must have gone for her.

But as she was walking over to him and her face turned into a frown his jade eyes widened at her. What? What was she upset about? A second ago she had been perfectly happy and now she was glaring at him. Neither of his mothers had ever really been upset with him before; he had done nothing to warrant a scolding. So having her look at him in such a way was really unsettling to the Aatte youth. At her stern words his ears flicked back and he could feel the earring jumble around. That? That was what she was upset about?

Haven gave his mother a puzzled look. What was the big deal? "What? It's just an earring." It had never crossed his mind that either of his mothers would be upset over the small, round piece of metal. It was just something he had wanted. He hadn't gotten it to upset anyone, and why would anyone be upset about it? It had nothing to do with anyone but him. He didn't see it as offensive in the least.

[/html]
[html]

A paw reach up, as if to touch the little bit metal that hung in his ear. His perfect bleached ear. It was what distinguished him from his father, now that Anu knew what he looked like. Their similarities were astounding, or at least Anu could imagine them before the father’s alterations. Didn’t he know he was perfect, just the way the gods had made him? Why did he feel the need to alter that? Anu took in his confused look, and desperately tried not to be mad at the decision that he had made. It had come to that time where they would do what they wanted, and Anu would have little to say about it. Still she would get answers to her questions and make her opinion know. Who did it? the sandy colored female looked back to his eyes, knowing that he needed some sort of help for such a thing. Taking a step backwards Anu gave all she had to not begin a fight with her son. But the words could not be held. Haven, you shouldn't just go around putting holes in you body… Her hushed words trailed, not sure of how to express her feelings completely.

It was just another reminder that she was too absent, that they didn’t belong to her any more and that she had failed in some way. It could be worse, it could be irreversible, he could have been horribly injured or heaven forbid dead. It was only a small ornament that he felt accented his distinct ear. All the thoughts poured through her mind and still she could get beyond it. Arm folding against her chest, feeling more upset with herself then with him. If things had been different, maybe he would have made a better decision.

[/html]
[html]

Why was she upset? He didn't understand. And really, what right did she have to be upset? It was his body and his decision. He wasn't a baby anymore. He could make choices for himself without his mother's permission. He could feel a bit of resentment gather in his chest. To him the small hole in his ear was nothing compared to the things both she and Nani had never told him about. "My uncle, Nani's brother DaVinci. I was the one who asked him." He didn't want her getting mad at the older male. It had been his idea and his wish. DaVinci had just been willing to help him. "Well why not? It's not a big deal mom! It's just a little earring and I'm old enough to do things for myself!" The volume of his voice was growing. He wasn't yelling, but it was obvious he was upset.

It was time for him to ask some questions. What Haven wanted to know was more important than some stupid little hole that was really pretty insignificant. "I'm also old enough to know things. Things I need to know. Things that neither you or Nani told me." While still loud his deepening voice grew softer. He didn't know why they hadn't told him. It hadn't been bad hearing it from Heath, but he knew that the older hybrid had some mixed up ideas about the whole thing. It would have been better coming from his mothers. "Why didn't you tell me about girls mom?" Ears drooped as his eyes looked deep into the blue ones of his parent.

[/html]
[html]

I keep imagining my own mother XD

She stood back as he spoke, taking each word in to scrutinize. The older female fought to keep from scoffing at his explanation, knowing that he was still just a child and still didn’t know what was best for him. It was denial, fighting the last bitter battle to keep her life before it had all fallen apart. A small part of her thought she would always have Haven, but it was obvious that he was beyond her grasp. Just like he should be, he was growing up and with all of her own emotional conflicts it was impossible to be proud of that.

Keeping her face strait and solid she kept a look of disgust from her features, leaving plain neutrality. Her tone was as even as her look, Yes, but you still don’t always have the right answers and you should still come to us with stuff like that. Battling his anger and emotion with the calm of her tone, she placed the name of his uncle in the back of her mind. Anu would remember to speak to him of the situation if she ever had the chance.

The rain soaked male changed the subject, and her eyes turned slightly confused as he explained. Girls? Anu swallowed hard as she thought about what he meant. God, he was getting to the age where it mattered... She hadn’t thought about this, not acknowledging it as a lesson to be taught. Still, her son had questions or at least he did once, and she had nowhere to escape. Her voice reflected her surprise, What do you want to know? The words stumbled out of her mouth, taken aback more then she even realized.

[/html]
[html]
lawls! 300+

His ears flicked back in annoyance. He wished she wouldn't be so calm about this. It was almost maddening. He was upset! The youth was making that clear and yet she just stood there as if she had never done anything wrong before. Hell, this wasn't even wrong! There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he had done, he knew that much. If it were really bad he would have felt guilty and no such emotion was lingering in his heart. Jade eyes narrowed at his mother ever so slightly as she spoke again. "I know I don't have the right answers to everything, but this isn't about right or wrong," he stated firmly. More firmly than anything he had ever said to either of his parents before. "I don't need to come to you or Nani with something like this because it has nothing to do with you. It has nothing to do with anyone except for me!" The boy might have sounded a little selfish, but he didn't feel he was. He was only saying what he really believed.

Finally at her surprise of his last question she wasn't just this stoic figure anymore. She was displaying some sort of emotion and that's what he really wanted right now. The hybrid was an adolescent and had so many new things and thoughts and feelings flooding his system he needed some reassurance. He needed to know why he had had to find out those important things from a stranger. "I wanna know why you guys didn't think to tell me. I had to hear it from someone I didn't know...he acted like it was something I should have been aware of..." Haven swallowed as his eyes left her for a moment before returning. "He was right though...if I'm old enough to feel those things I'm old enough to know how to deal with them...I had no idea what those feelings meant." While the pain was small, he was hurt at not being taught that by his parents. They should have, shouldn't they?

[/html]
[html]

300+

Would there be no chance to make things right? She knew that the two females had done something right when it came to the puppies that they had shared. They were all healthy, well mannered and beautiful in her eyes. But even though Anu had tried her hardest, her selfishness had gotten in the way and as much as she had tried to keep its affect from them it was becoming clear that something was missing. Though she understood that she had missed a step somewhere with Haven Anu could only stand still as he fought the battle she refused to participate in. She wouldn’t say he was right, that would only cause him to venture further and further. But, she knew enough to add fuel to his fire. Instead she remained quiet.

As he spoke, Anu grew more and more unsure of how to answer him. The questions were legitimate, but the pain she felt at the thought of a stranger talking to him about such a sensitive subject was far more overwhelming. That was wrong, and a wrong she would happily admit. Haven, I’m sorry that you had to find out that way. The feeling was sincere, even if her tone held some lingering sternness. She was unsure how deep the nameless male had gone, and what details were made known. She hoped to pry his name from the young male, to add to her list of males she would needed to speak to. She let the breath she hadn’t realized her was holding go, the tension easing from her body and flowing through her voice. I don’t know why we never told you, things have just happened so fast. Don’t you think? Anu couldn’t believe how fast they had grown, though Haven seemed ahead of them all.

The female took a few steps towards him, her eyes dancing over the ring that had so suddenly taken a back seat. She knew she wouldn’t like it, but in time she would learn to live with it. As she looked at his changed face Anu grew soft, body and voice. I don’t know what he told you, but if you have any more question… you can ask me. The fact that she was having this conversation with him was floating above her head. Never in her life had she thought that she would ever need to talk to anyone about this, but it was happening and because she had screwed up so horribly in recent history she would try to make this right. Hoping he wouldn’t be volatile, Anu watched with concerned eyes.

[/html]
[html]
300+

He was happy that she let the argument about his piercing drop. It was petty compared to this. It was good that he had gotten that off his chest and they were talking about it now, but there were even bigger matters that he had questions for. He would wait until he had heard what he wanted to about this before asking that though. It was going to be difficult and he had a feeling he wasn't going to like the answer. He just hoped that she would be open and honest with him. Haven had no idea if his other siblings had sensed the tension, but he certainly had. Something was going on between their parents and he didn't want to be left in the dark anymore.

Jade eyes stared at the puddle he had made on the floor as she spoke. His mother was really sorry, he could tell. Still, he just couldn't get over all the muddled feelings that were filling his chest right now. Suddenly the adult world was surrounding the Aatte youth and he was losing sight of his happy fantasy world. Why did things have to be so complicated? He had always been looking forward to growing up, but now he was finding it may have been more than he bargained for. "Yeah, I guess they have..." One hand scratched at his arm, unsure of what to do with himself.

Uncertainly his gaze locked with her's again. Suddenly the embarrassment of the subject was washing over him. It was awkward to talk about this with her. But he knew that Heath had had some skewed ideas about the subject and he needed a more stable view. His mother would have that. "Well, ummm...I think some of the ideas he had were kind of...not right. What are you supposed to do? I...like this girl and I saw her the other day and I tried to...kiss her. But things got kind of weird afterwards..."

[/html]
[html]

300+

The word was full of surprises and challenges. Mountains that needed to be climbed, many suddenly appeared and gave no warning. Anu had faced many that she didn’t want to take, but there were always factors the pushed her ahead. The moment Haven was facing was just the beginning. It was only the first of so many difficult things he would have to deal with. Had she been trying to save him from facing this? Is that why her mind had blocked the topic out completely? She only hoped that he would know better as a father then to skip it with his own pups.

Taking his shoulder in her paw Anu guided him from the foyer, knowing that there was no reason to conduct their conversation in the doorway. She took the moment to take in his question, trying to not be shocked at the fact that the boy was kissing girls. She said a silent prayer; thankful that was all he was doing. No parent wanted their child to move to quickly. As short as everyone believed life was, it could also be very long. He had more then enough time to live, there no reason to rush.

You shouldn’t listen to him, if you think what he told you is wrong… Then it is. Anu knew Haven, and though he didn’t always make the right choices, she knew he had a genuine heart. His instinct would guide him down the right path.

She knew what he spoke of. She knew it all too well. Instead of showing how bad she felt for him that this puppy love wasn’t as sweet and he hoped, Anu only wanted to encourage him. It isn’t always perfect. Her voice was understanding, not judgmental. She knew how if felt to want it to always be right, it wasn’t going to work out ever moment. It didn’t mean he was in the wrong. She just might not be ready, even though you are. Its ok to take it slow. Snail slow Anu wanted to add, but bit her tongue. Instead she hoped to know more about this girl that had stolen her son from her. What is she like? Anu pried, a small smile reaching her lips.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The youth allowed his mother to guide him further into the house. The guitar was held slackly in one hand as they walked together into the warmth of the mansion, away from the dampness he had brought in with him. Not all of what Heath had said had sounded wrong. It was mostly the last part, about telling girls that you loved them even if you didn't. While he had gotten some education, sex was still something he didn't quite comprehend, so the "saying whatever it takes to get it" mentality was lost on him. Even if he had understood that, it wouldn't be what he would do. He wasn't that type of person. He would only say something like that if he meant it. "He said it was good to compliment them, and give them gifts..."

It wasn't really rejection that he felt. She hadn't rejected him, or at least he didn't think she had. Things had just become awkward. He was worried that he had really messed things up. He didn't want to lose her as a friend, even if she didn't feel the same way that he did. "Yeah...I just hope I didn't scare her away or anything. I don't want that." Haven swallowed. There was more than just kissing...and he wanted to know what that was. As uncomfortable as it was to ask, knowing was better than not. "What...is the other stuff that people who like each other do? You know...more than kissing..." Jade eyes darted to different spots, unable to make eye contact after asking such a question.

A small smile cracked his face as his mother asked about Siobhan. "She's really nice. Her life hasn't been that great, her mother was really mean to her. But now that she lives here she seems happy. We have a lot of fun doing things together. She seems so fragile at times, I...I just want to be able to protect her and make her happy." Haven wanted to make sure that nobody ever abused the girl again. She was too sweet, she didn't deserve that treatment from anyone.

[/html]
[html]

you torture me … XD
I hope this is ok..!
300+

Down the hall and into the front room Anu brought him to one of the seating areas. Letting him take his seat Anu took the moments that it took for her to find the one beside him to take in all the words he spoke. The walk from the front door had been a long one. But it was lost, lost to the question that Anu was faced with answering. She watched as he looked away, fighting the urge to disappear into the fixtures that hung on the walls, or retreat back to the storm that ranged on outside the Manor. Anu wondered where she could run to, but knew there was nowhere to go. If Haven had the courage to ask, she had to find the strength to answer. Part of her wanted to keep such truth from his virgin mind, and then he would find out from someone else. They might lie to him, as that other male certain had already.

She sounds lovely, Haven. I’m sure she was only being shy. But you shouldn’t push her, she’ll let you know what she’s ready. Anu paused, swallowing. For more. The words stayed as soft as the rest as she turned to the next, still easy situation. Compliments are nice, but only if their honest, but you know that already. You should always tell the truth, and I know you do. Anu trusted Haven more then she could truly realize, and as she began to understand… the idea of her scolding him for his earring was shameful.

Clearing her throat was involuntary, and Anu watched the orange youth. Setting her eyes on his Anu spoke, The other things, those are what two who are in love do. She was stumbling, and took a breath to find the right way to portray exactly what he needed to know. When you really love someone you want to show them physically, how much they mean to you. And many couples express that in different ways. Its something you should discuss with the one you love, love completely.

Had she answered his question? Anu thought over the words she spoke, unsure if the true question had been lost in the jumbled answer. Am I making any sense? She asked with a smile and a soft laugh.

[/html]
[html]
Only with love! <3 300+

As his mother lead him down the hall and to a seat, it felt like he was floating. Like they were walking in some kind of thick mist. It was all so awkward and uncomfortable, but he wanted to know. Needed to know. Or at least have some idea of what he would be facing in the future. Already he was learning how so many things were uncertain, he wanted to at least be prepared for some of it. When he sat down he gently sat his guitar on the floor, laying both his hands in his lap and picking nervously at his knuckles. When she started talking he did his best to look at her. He wasn't able to hold eye contact for long, but at least he was looking at her.

The young male took his mother's words to heart about waiting until she was ready. He had never imagine trying to push her into anything, but it was good advice all the same. "Why would anyone try to push someone into that? That just sounds...wrong." Haven had no idea about his sire's past. What the real reason was for him being such a mystery to his children. His head nodded as she talked about compliments. Of course he would only give them if he meant them. The whole issue about the "love" topic was what had split him and Heath. Lying wasn't okay. His hand reached out to squeeze her's in a silent thanks for knowing that he was honest.

When she started to explain the important stuff, the really important stuff, his jade eyes locked into her's. He wanted his mom to know that he was listening, really taking everything she told him in. He knew that she wouldn't lead him astray on the matter. Maybe it was best that she wasn't going into explicit detail. When the time came he could figure that out. The things she were saying were what he really needed to hear. "I see. I understand. You're making sense." A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth. "Thanks mom."

Now his last question was hanging in his head like a dead weight. Haven really didn't want to ask it, afraid it might upset her, but he needed to know. He couldn't keep knowing that something was wrong without knowing what it really was. "Mom...what's going on? With you and momma Nani? I know something's not right..." The boy wasn't going to let her shrug the question off. He could feel the tension clear as day.

[/html]
[html]

omg the wait! Sorry about that.

She looked nervously, threading the possible questions he might have through her mind. She cringed internally as they passed one after another. But she kept face, knowing that it was more important that he knew then it was that she stay comfortable. Part wanted to jump and run, while the other wanted nothing more then to fall in a back hole and forget that he ever had a sexual thought.

Nodding, Anu reassured him of his belief. It would be, and its one of the greatest crimes. Her mind fell to a yote she had met, one that fought those who broke such rules. Haven would never be in trouble with a beast such as that, and the mother hoped that the two never even met. But with his next response Anu relaxed completely. A smile formed her mouth and she gave a small nod. Nothing trailed at the end, no other question that Anu would have to stumble over. No more wondering what to say and what to leave to the imagination.

The pause was short lived, as he spoke again. Her features perked, but as he asked her of her relationship Anu felt the tension return. There wasn’t dread attached to it, but a sorrow and regret that she could identify. It had never been there before, not like this. She had only known the dull pain, and the numbness that surrounded the entire situation. Silence filled the room, but she refused to look away. By the sound of his voice, there was also no running from the issue.

He had full right to know.

Taking a breath, Anu let whatever came to her fall from her mouth. Sometimes I don’t know Haven. She confessed. Thinking the words over in her head Anu found them inappropriate and fought to correct them. I still love her, just like I love you and Mati, Brooklyn and Salem. But, we couldn’t hold what we had together and drifted apart. Anu looked and hoped that there would be no pain in his face. I doesn’t mean we love you any less, because we aren’t together anymore. An apology hit her throat, but the mere idea of his disappointment made her clench her mouth. Tears threatened the boarders of her eyelids, and keeping silent was her only defense.

[/html]
[html]
Psh! Don't apologzie for that! That's hardly a wait XD

The Aatte child had been well sheltered from the darker parts of life. A thought about rape or murder had never even crossed his mind. However now was a time when he needed to know that such things happened, so he could guard against them. Even if he stayed ignorant of these events, he would never commit such atrocities. Still, being ignorant wasn't necessarily a good thing. Or at least so he thought right now. He couldn't have guessed that there were some things that he would rather not know. Like the fact that that exact crime had been committed against his own mother while he was still in her womb.

Her prolonged silence at the question only confirmed his fears. Something was wrong. Something had happened. He could feel his stomach tighten and the tip of his tail twitched nervously. What was about to happen? Was it something that could be fixed? Had they just had a little bump and things would return to normal? All these questions ran through his mind but as his tawny mother began to speak they all came to a startling crash. The words "drifted apart" and "we aren't together anymore" stabbed into his chest like freezing knives. Suddenly he felt sick, nauseous. He closed his eyes, willing the moisture that was already beginning to come to go away.

They were broken up? His mothers were no longer mates? How had this happened? How? Not only that, but where did they go from here? Haven didn't know what to say in response to her. Didn't know if there even was anything to say. He just sat there with his eyes closed feeling so alone, cold, and lost.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lliban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
for us? Yes it is… -teases!-

Would the guilt, the regret, the indecision ever fade? They were the only emotions that seemed to run through her. They chose her so selfishly, and plagued her heart and danced over her soul with iron shoes. It made her head ache, and even if she fled to the realm of sleep, the hurt remained when she woke. Tears were too frequent, the impending disaster that she knew waited for her hung above her head and cast a shadow longer then the brightest sun could ever make.

Haven didn’t speak, but his face said all that Anu needed to know. What did she expect? The orange boy wasn’t going to shrug his shoulders and say it would ok. He wasn’t going to comfort her, or say that it wouldn’t affect him in the ways she hoped it wouldn’t. He was hurt, and all Anu could manage to do was watch the disappointment write itself on his face while she drew an arm around him. Bringing his form close to her own, she fought the tears that were always inches from her eyes. Please don’t The request was silent, because she couldn't ask him not to care, to be indifferent as she had so horribly tried to do herself. No matter what she said to herself, her heart was in too deep and the regret and guilt that plagued her were too controlling. She was forever powerless against them.

" Haven. Anu spoke, his name holding the apology that she feared to say aloud. The words were hard to find, leaving the silence to fill the room and air around them. Then, to her surprise they came. Though few and brief they were all Anu could manage as she looked to the hurt boy. " We’ll always be family. And they would, no matter how deep she got in the disaster that she had created. She would always claw her way out, find the light and air… Find her way back to them.

[/html]
[html]
Maybe fade to black or something? 300+

It felt as though his whole world had just collapsed around him. What he thought would always be there, his family, was gone. It could have been worse, someone could have have died. But in a way it felt like someone had. His perfect little family was now broken. It might not have looked perfect to someone on the outside. Having no father and two mothers. It had been for him though. It had been all he knew. He had been happy. The boy found himself wishing he hadn't asked. That he would have just continued to turn a blind eye to the problem. As his mother drew him close he let out a soft sob, his shoulders shuddering. This wasn't a truth he could run from though. No matter how much he wanted to.

Somewhere he knew that he actually had no blood relation to Anu. That Naniko was his only true mother. Still, he would never look at it that way. Would never cherish one over the other. They were both his parents. Anu had raised him just as much as Naniko had. When it came down to it, blood meant very little. It was actions that made a real family. While he knew her words were true, they were little consolation at the moment. Things would never be the same. Suddenly he truly had been thrown into the world of adulthood, and now all he wanted to do was to go backwards. Turn back the clock and try and fix this. Prevent it from happening. Or at least go back and relive those times when they were the perfect family.

The youth hugged his mother tightly, wanting nothing more than to curl up against her as he would when he had been a babe. That wasn't possible now though. It was as far from his reach as the rest of childhood was becoming. "You'll always be my momma..." he voiced shakily. He wasn't mad at her. He wasn't mad at Naniko. Not mad at anyone. All he felt was the grief of their loss.

[/html]