salty noses
[html]
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2299 ... htmb05.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

-

My first IC post! Big Grin Please bare with me, hehe. My grammar isn't good I know and if I make mistakes please tell me so I can note and learn. <3
---

Paws padded dully against the asphalt, soft clicking of claws could be heard easily enough. Hiei wasn't silent in his approach to the sandy shore. Ears twitching gently as a salty breeze blew by, ruffling the light fluff of fur that he called his 'hair'. Thoughts caressed his primal mind, ones that seemed to always whisper in and out at some point of the day. Why am I here? Why .. Thoughts trailed off as Hiei continued on his wanderings, a quick flex of his hind muscles and he jumped. Landing easily in the sand below, eyes noted trails of green growth that seemed to be having trouble gripping the tan sand his claws now held with ease. Soft snort echoed in his own ears, leaning down to give a light sniff to the ground before turning.

Crimson eyes peered dully out into the endless water, the smell of salt making his nose want to twitch off and run away. But thankfully he restrained the little bugler. More thoughts continued to echo in his mind, though now the brute ignored them. Perhaps now trying to enjoy the view for the moment? Tail gave a light twitch after a moment, almost reminding its master that it was unsafe to dawdle in unknown lands. Taking heed to that unspoken warning Hiei stood. Shaking his rather furry body off like the poor guy had just got dipped in fleas, he moved rather quickly away. Taking up a quick trot the male made a hasty retreat.

Hiei was scared.

Not by others, oh no. Other wolves rarely scared the black brute. He was scared by the fact he couldn't smell at the moment. Salt had clogged up his poor sensitive nose. Whether from the beach nearby or from the ocean that was sure to be around somewhere. Pausing on a rather large rock, Hiei's head dipped down. Raking at his nose a moment before flopped down with a heavy 'oof' like noise. Eyes narrowed at anything that even dared say anything about his little predicament.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Haii!

Let me show you the wonders of life

Hanna paced along, slowly, dreading what was going to have to happen, and soon. Her home was no longer her own. The ebony female had smelled with dismay that Dahlia de Mai's borders now extended past her home, if only by a little ways. While no one had yet told her to vacate, it was inevitable that it would happen soon. She had left today, Tobias overhead as always, moving up along Dahlia's boundaries, visiting the beach for what might be the last time.

She held back tears, knowing she'd brought all this upon herself. If only this, if only that. But nonetheless, it was happening, things had been set into motion that she could not now change, so she would conform. Thoughts of where she should go ran through her mind. She'd not be welcome in Dahlia now, or if she were, it'd be tentative. Phoenix Valley had seemed a good choice, but after meeting Jefferson, she wasn't sure she'd ever be comfortable there as a member. Not because he was her nephew, nor because of his appearance, more because he hadn't seemed... happy to meet yet another relative.

Vaguely, Hanna recalled meeting the young lady -- Catherine? -- who'd had the peregrine as she had her red-tailed hawk. She couldn't remember if she'd said which pack she belonged to, but Hanna would check around. The woman continued along this vein of thought until her feet hit sand. She glanced around and noticed a black male not too far off. He seemed to be having troubles with his nose, but she didn't mention that as she neared him. Hello there.

[/html]
[html]
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2299 ... htmb05.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hihi
---

The male gave a bit of a snort, attempting to clear his nose but Hiei merely looked up. Not knowing the female's thoughts his eyes watched her. Waiting for a moment before he smirked. Lips turning up to reveal dark purple lining. Of course there would be females here. Why wouldn't there be? Own musings were kept to himself, tail curling over his back as he lay. Perhaps showing to the female he wasn't one to play with at such an hour. Wait, what hour was it again? Time got jumbled together in his mind, a sad thing when he really needed to be somewhere.

The brute stood slowly, sitting back on rather strong hind legs, preparing to jump off and run at any moment. Though legs quivered just a bit, much like a excited dog begging for a toy. "What, female? Blunt and to the point, though voice was surprisingly soft compared to what one might think. Standing up after but a moment Hiei continued watching her, salted nose giving another sniff but to no avail. But he didn't let her know that of course! Least he tried not too. "I am not in pack lands .. am I?" Ears flicked forward, listening for howls. Hiei hoped he hadn't overstepped his boundaries. He was arrogant, not a fool to take on a full fledged pack!

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Since I didn't make any distinction in the first post, we'll say Hanna's in her wolf form, not her were. ^_^ And, apologies, it's a bit rambly.

Her eyebrow arched, a smirk playing across her lips. "M'name's not 'female', Sir, no more than yours is likely 'male.' It's Hanna." Her voice was no harsher than his had been, no louder.

He seemed very tense, very on edge, in a half-crouch. He soon stood straight, but his eyes never left her, as though he were afraid she'd bite or some such. Hanna wasn't a violent woman, she'd only attack if he did first. Then again, this was the first she'd seen or smelled him, so perhaps it would be prudent to do as he did and observe.

The male sniffed again, and Hanna decided to tempt fate and offer her help. Before she could speak, though, he stated, and then asked, to make sure he was not on a claimed territory. "Nope, you're not. The nearest territory is a little ways that way, called Dahlia de Mai." She indicated a generally western direction, since Whisper Beach was flanked by the Dahlian pack now.

"I'm a loner, like you, no worries about me sending a pack after you. Er.. are you having nose problems?" Spoken like a true idiot, straight to the point. Well, her foot was placed firmly in her mouth now.

[/html]
[html]

Alrightly x3
---
At her word's of his being safe from a pack attack, the male seemed to calm somewhat. Butt planted itself firmly against the rock, tail curled back behind him and around his right foreleg. Longer than the average tail length the appendage seemed, but truly just a case of elongated hair. Hiei began to thump said tail against his own chest, creating the lightest beat to the beach's usual 'woosh' and 'swooshing'. His head gave a rather massive shake suddenly, light sun catching the brown coloration in his dark tinted fur.

"What do you want, female?" Lack of caring for her name, though a ear did twitch in acknowledgement at hearing it. Another twitch to dislodge a nonexistent bug before the brute stood, fidgeting with what he wanted to be before sliding down the rock on which he stood. Claws made a soft clinking noise against the ground as he stepped closer to her, lips curling back into what appeared to be a snarl. Not one of threatening nature though, one would think .. searching nature. Trying to divulge any information he could on this female without actually talking to her, a rather useless method really. After all, he wasnt' a lion. Nose gave another twitch, a wince soon following the movement. Yep, poor thing was still salty as heck. In other words? useless.

Slowly Hiei began to circle around Hanna, ears turned directly on her, while at the same time ignoring everything else around him. Finally pausing only when she spoke, those ruby eyes narrowing just a bit. Perhaps the only showing of a hint of anger from the beast. "Salt." Simple and too the point like always, a rather large yawn suddenly taking over Hiei. Sharp canines were revealed to the female, a purple tongue coated with saliva curling outward to drip its contents against the ground. Grinning almost evilly, well best he could being a wolf, Hiei began to slip around her once more. Though this time he crouched down a bit, the muscles in his shoulders easily seen as he stalked her. For fun, or not .. knowing Hiei neither was good. What a fool he was! Taking on a unknown female, for play or not, it was still brash and stupid.

[/html]
[html]

OOC STUFF

He calmed visibly at her words, as did she, sinking into a sit a beat later than he did. His tail beat a steady tattoo against the rock he sat upon. He asked what she wanted, failing to address her by name again, and her ears flattened slightly. This night-kissed male needed to learn some manners. Her eyes narrowed slightly and she spoke sharply to him. "I just happened to be walking by, male, and thought I'd be cordial."

A few moments later, he regained his feet and slipped down from the rock, then began to circle her. A snarl disfigured his face even though he didn't growl, and she pinned her ears back, beginning to think of her halfling form. If her 'friend' was going to attack, she'd need the added bulk of that form, as opposed to the relative smallness of her regular one. She made the change surreptitiously (though he'd undoubtedly notice the difference in size no matter how stealthy she was) finishing as he yawned.

At that point, he divulged the cause of his nasal problems as the salt and, trying to maintain a steady calm as he took up stalking her again, Hanna's lips parted to speak. "I may be able to help, if you'd like me to."

[/html]
[html]
OOC
--

Opened his maw to speak, to answer her rather but paused. Hiei stared at her, thoughts whirling idly through his head. What the heck just happened here? She looked .. different, bigger.. Hiei's ruby gems looked into hers for the barest of seconds, stopping in his circlings and simply sitting. Another yawn escaping his muzzle. "I do not need the help of a female, all they are good for are breeding.." Mumbled at the last moment, the brute's head giving a shake to try and keep himself awake. Truth was this female was boring the wolf, her increase in size did not faze him much on the outside. Though deep down it did worry him, where the hell had he ended up? Hell?

Thoughts began to stray to his own words, something he had learned at such a young age it was not normal for a young pup. Glancing back at her for the barest of seconds, almost as if he feared she was reading his impure thoughts he quieted them.

What was so weird was Hiei was used to being around normal wolves, sure a pack of mismatched eyes were such a rareity that it was amazing but .. those who changed in bulk. Shiver passed through the beasts body, creating the fur to ripple gentle in responce to the males thoughts. As the female continued to watch him his mind suddenly back tracked, licking a bit at those black lined lips before turning to her. "Going to sprout wings and sprinkle dust on me. Then heal me are we, witch?" Soft hiss under his breath, hackles raising only a bit. Hiei was agitated now, hind legs trembling perhaps ready to bolt at any moment once again. But for what reason it was unknown, a odd fellow Hiei was. Always jumpy, always giddy .. never wanting to be ripped to shreds. But seeming to always end up getting himself into those situations.

[/html]
[html]

Slight powerplay. Lemme know if you don't like, and I'll change it.

His words almost elicited a snarl. First to be considered only as a breeding utensil (which in truth, Hanna had never had those relations with anybody), and then to be dubbed a witch, rubbed her the wrong way. But it dawned on her. Perhaps he'd never met a Luperci before. If that were the case, she could use this to her advantage. She didn't want to scare him, only to enlighten him. Not everything was as it seemed. As he yawned, she stood and paced slowly toward him, crouched a little, but in a vastly different way than he had only minutes before. She pressed her body against his as she slinked past him, moving even her tail to rub against him seductively.

She intentionally made her lanky motion last longer, beginning to transform as she neared his rear, into her Luperci form, crawling on her hands and knees, till she reached his other side. She paused, side to side with him, and shifted her weight slightly to raise one hand to his ears, where she began to scratch, worrying the fur. She didn't grab him, merely moved her fingers.

She spoke quietly next to his ear. "No. Actually, I figured I'd use a more conventional tool. For example, menthol cream to open your sinuses and fingers to open the jar."

[/html]
[html]

Your post is fine. Slight cussing in this post though. xD;;
--

Made a sudden hissing noise, though for some odd reason Hiei's body arched back against her. Perhaps from lack of physical contact is why he done it, but for whatever reason he enjoyed it. Yanking back only enough to put a more respectable distance between them, the beast hissed once more. Ruby eyes peered back at her, jaw slacking a bit. What in the hell?! Tongue would of dropped to the ground if it could, going still from simple shock. Where was here, indeed!

Fingers brushed through his ear, the appendage giving a few flickers here and there but the poor wolf was in a state of fear. Would she eat him now? Thoughts meshed together to form something along the lines of 'sitting duck'. Finally working up a bit of courage the wolf took a rather deep breath, eyes closing before bracing himself against her and shoving away.

A snarl ripped from his muzzle as quick as he land on all fours. His black lips were curled back to reveal the purple lining, sharp canines bared in simple defense.
Next words weren't to be uttered in a den, or for the queasy. "What the fuck are you!?"

Tail began to thump against his own thigh, ears tugged back in a rather threatened position. "What do you want, witch? I'm sure this is witchcraft! Nothing can do this.. nothing.." Hiei took a tentative step back, a growl sliding from clenched teeth while the same time hackles were raised to their fullest. Scared .. scared ..

[/html]
[html]

Cursing's fine by me. Smile Can't say as I blame him.

Hanna remained completely calm, without even a smile to betray her. It was as she'd thought, this particular male was of the Nonnissi variety, and moreover had never been obliged to meet a Luperci. She remained on her haunches, crouched to below his level, supporting herself with her fingers. She was proud of him when he stopped just feet away, though he was quick to call her a witch again. She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. Leave it to the ignorant.

She lowered her body till her belly nearly touched the sand and started toward him, trying to display that she meant no harm in every line. Her mismatched eyes avoided his ruby ones, and any passersby would have thought that she'd just been bested in a fight, the way she was submitting. She almost regretted her cruel trick, but then realized that perhaps it was better he'd learned from her, one-on-one, than to be caught by surprise by several Luperci at once in their Optime forms.

She stopped, fearing she'd chase him off. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I'm not going to hurt you. Can I explain and show you?" She paused for a moment, then went on, without really giving him a chance to respond to her. "This is Souls. There are lots of us here. We.. I.. am what's known as a Luperci, or a werewolf, if you will, but obviously unlike all the myths point us out to be. It's a genetic thing, not witchery. There are a precious few Nonnissi, or non-shifters here in Souls, because life is so much easier like this. Watch me."

Even though she was pressing her luck, Hanna crawled backwards and then got to her feet. She was not that much taller than he was even standing, her weight balanced more humanoid toward her toes. The femme showed her prehensile hand, then closed her eyes for effect, and concentrated on down-shifting, pausing in her Secui form to display her new bulk, and then continuing on down to her Lupus form, where she was smaller and less weighty than he once more. "You can be like this, too. If you want, of course. It's not a requirement, though."

[/html]
[html]

Indeed, hehe.
---

Hiei's ears quivered a bit, backing away once more before the male gave a rather large snort. A whoosh of air buffeted the ground, bits of debris running scared from the sudden disturbance. He turned then, lips curled over his own gum to reveal those fangs in their fullest, saliva dripping down easily enough to land with a big 'dloop'. "This land is .. strange.." Words picked carefully, relaxing somewhat at her explanation now, ears swiveling in the female's direction but nor moving any closer nor away. He was in danger, he could feel it, no he didn't know why but it just .. felt weird..

Turning his attention from his own thoughts Hiei glanced at her, meeting her eyes even if she did not wish too. The male was annoyed now, the fear replaced by something else, something more primal perhaps. She had tricked him, made a fool of him, yet he was sure this female could put up such a easy fight. Lips curled once more, though this time at his own annoyance, body turning and beginning to circle Hanna once more. "I prefer to die myself than die something strange and unnatural" Hissed just a bit to himself more than her, tail giving a quick whack against his own thigh.

"Werewolf you call it .. werewolf .. I have seen your kind before.. when I was.. a pup I would suppose." A pause, eyes trailing down her new transformation, maw opening in the lightest of pants before he continued his words. "Father's pack.. it was made up of your kind.. and wolves.. that's how.." Broken words jumbled together, realization dawning on Hiei, causing those jaws to snap shut. That's why his father's pack went to war, when he wasn't even born, his parents had told him of such things. Of course he didn't remember it all, but he did remember broken things, and he did remember that word .. it was weird to him so it stuck out. Luperci.

[/html]
[html]

Oops, power play again.

Her eyes filled with hurt rather than rage. Strange? Unnatural? What had she done? And what did he mean, he'd rather die himself? Did the brute really think that she would strike him down just for being Nonnissi? Had she not had millions of thoughts running through her head, she might have snorted as he'd done. She wasn't omnipotent just because she could shift. As it were, she was quite a bit smaller than he. Had she been transformed and had her knives on her, perhaps then she stood a chance, but in Lupus form? She didn't stand a chance. "I'm just as natural as any Nonnissi is."

She walked right up to him, brushing against his chest again only without changing shape. She wanted him to see that she wasn't made up, that she wasn't any harm. She didn't know what else to do. The only way he'd get over this fear was to realize how unfounded it was. She flickered her tail along his neck, then withdrew, worrying that he'd attack her now that she was turned from him. She had nothing to guard herself with, and she wondered if perhaps she'd done the right thing. "See? I'm not dangerous. If I were, you'd already have been gone. But attack me if you will. Guarantee you'll win." She stopped moving and shut her eyes, facing him, waiting for the worst.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... iei2-2.png); width:470px; height: 328px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #4E0505 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right:100px; top: 65px; width: 240px; height: 255px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

-- Gonna try my Sara's table she made for me. xD Hope ya don't mind. Might go back to the other one, just trying this one out. <3

sing along, mocking bird

Hiei didn't move a inch, right ear twitching back and forth. Continuously the appendage moved back and forth, listening perhaps with a deaf ear to her. Only glancing at her now and then, but then only briefly. Hiei was confused, and doubtful at her words. Why else would she do this? Shove the fact she was greater than him, surely she would live longer, and if she was a male, the female would be stronger. Claws dug deep into the earth below him, a snarl ripped from his chest before he could help it. Taking a step back Hiei's lips curled once again, he wanted to leave. To simply go! This was too much .. too much ..

With those thoughts the mail suddenly turned tail, pads thudded dully with the earth as he ran full out. Not daring to look back if she followed. Trees flew by, grass smacked his muzzle until finally he was out of these lands, but smack dab into bigger trouble. One word described his thoughts as the smell of a pack hit his still sensitive nose. Fuck.

[/html]
[html]

OOC STUFF.

Hanna's eyes rolled as he took off. What was his deal? She began to trail after him, then realized with dismay that he was headed toward Dahlia's borders. She hesitated when she reached them herself, pacing across them a couple times back and forth. His scent was heavy on the other side, but what if someone took offense. But she couldn't let him get in trouble just because she had done something stupid. She sent a fervent prayer skyward that she'd meet nobody who'd take offense. "Come back here!!"

She kept her nose to the earth, tracking him. He'd followed a relatively straight line, and as providence would have it, so far he was turning southward toward her cabin. Perhaps... if she played her cards right, then anyone she met might think they were simply taking the quick route to have some fun. Maybe.

[/html]