cyanide girl
[html]
Tongue you start for baney/sab?

Every so often in his life, Giggle had felt a spark of desire for companionship. As a child he had ultimately ignored these urges, preferring silence to family and their insane ideas. Now, however, he had the ability to confront his thirst for the company of others, and the most brilliant part was that the girl he had in mind lived just down the hall. The coyote rose from his bed, casting aside the CD player he had been working on (he was fairly positive it would work, it had come on once, blinking a faded red light with a broken line of text reading 'No Disc') and headed out, down to Talitha's room. In his hands was a couple of bottles of red wine, some things he had found in Hailfax and had been saving to share with the hybrid girl. He had a half-idea that they could head out somewhere and 'picnic'. The wine would probably taste rotten, being so old and dusty, but then again, what did he know about alcohol?
[/html]
[html]
it'll be up tonight! :]

The girl could smell him moving about outside her room but didn't expect him to knock. When he did, her tail began to attempt to wag; unfortunately, she was sitting on it, so it didn't work out all that well. Putting down her guitar, the hybrid woman went to stand up from the bean bag chair she was sitting in, with a little difficulty. The damn things were so low to the ground. Once standing, she kicked it out of the way (having dragged it to the middle of the room) and turned to the door, which she yanked open as if she were trying to break it. Before she even saw him, Tal was grinning like an idiot, partially because she now had company and partially because of... well, she had company, that was a good enough reason, whatever. "Hey! What's goin' on?" It occured to her then that she didn't even know his name. Eh, that stuff really wasn't all that important though, was it?
[/html]
[html]

He returned her friendly greeting with the crinkling at the corners of his eyes that usually signified smiling, sans the actual movement of his lips. 'Oh, well,' the coyote shifted one of the bottles into the crook of his bad arm and lifted the other to show it off, 'I found these in Hailfax, and it's quite nice outside...' His voice trailed off, and his arm fell to his side again, the red wine sloshing merrily against it's glass sides. Talitha really was his aegis, a guidance of sorts, that was slowly breaking him out of his shell. It occurred to him that she didn't know very much about him, but she didn't seem to be pressing him for information, either. 'We could go to, well, anywhere, really. The beach is nice, I think.' His head tilted slightly, waiting for her response.
[/html]
[html]
Holy crap, he had alcohol. She hadn't noticed that before, having been so preoccupied (read: happy) with the prospect of company in the first place. At the sight of it, she continued grinning like an idiot, unable to really express her mood any further without hurting herself. She nodded as he spoke, and hopped out of her room without waiting for an invitation. Even if he hadn't wanted to drink with her -- well, too damn bad, he could suck it up. Like a real man. However, when he did invite her (after some vague mention of the weather) she leaned in towards him and replied with enthusiasm. "Sounds awesome! Let's go!" And without waiting for him, she tore off down stairs, taking them two and three at a time, and made her way out the front door towards the beach. Time to run!
[/html]
[html]

As usual, Talitha took off with some excited words, leaving the coyote to run after her, although he didn't mind. The beach was pretty far from the Mansion but at the rate they were going, they would reach it quick enough. His mind was blank until his feet reached the sandy shores and he flopped down almost immediately, not fussing about looking for a spot. It was a perfect day, really, cool enough and just overcast so he wasn't blinded. Plunk, one bottle went into the sand, and the other into his arms to pull the cap off (it wasn't corked, it was a cheap, screwtop kind) and take a quick swig, gasping as he wiped his mouth off. It tasted like vinegar but a little bit sweeter, and burned his throat and tongue. The burning he had gotten used to quickly, and he held out the bottle obediently to the saddle-marked girl, crinkling his eyes in that strange fashion.

[/html]
[html]
He sat down and she danced around him for a second before plopping down unceremoniously next to him. One bottle went into the sand and he kept the other, and she grinned happily at him as he uncorked it and went to drink. "Thanks for coming to get me. I was really bored." She was pleased that he had thought of her instead of someone else; this, of course, was her insecurity speaking, but that wasn't important now. Done speaking, Tal grabbed the extra bottle and opened it as well, watching him still as he finished drinking. Unscrewing the second bottle, she sniffed it tentatively, shrugged, then took a huge gulp of it. When had she eaten last, anyway? Oh well. Shaking her head as if this would rid her mouth of the taste, the hybrid girl (still grinning) turned to Giggle and spoke again: "Bet I can drink mine faster." With no thought, of course, to how quickly she'd be walking into walls after chugging a full bottle of wine on an almost-empty stomach. She wasn't exactly a great drinker.
[/html]
[html]

Her thanks warmed him up a little, made the drink taste even sweeter. 'Ah, no problem,' Giggle replied, wiping some stray red off his lips. Talitha took the extra bottle and opened it, and it occurred to him that they were going to be consuming more liqueur than he'd even drank before. The coyote had been drunk before, but never completely wasted. He shrugged the thought off and took another deep swing just as the saddle-marked girl spoke. 'Probably,' he agreed, uncompetitive, but followed her lead anyway, shoving the bottle into his mouth and practically inhaling it in large gulps. His mind was quickly getting disoriented. He broke away to breath again, dizzy already, and looked at his companion suddenly, feeling a grin break out on his face, a rare occasion indeed. 'Feel it yet?' Gig questioned briefly before resuming the battle, now actually wanting to finish the bottle as quickly as he could.
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the slow, easter was crazy :/ and i have a feeling we won't be finishing these threads on time x3

Probably?! Where was the competition in this guy? Baffled as she was by his mellow personality, she let it pass as he tilted his bottle back and drank. For once, something trumped the urge to talk back: the urge to win, even if he wasn't into it like she was. So she flung her dead back and chugged hers down as well. Her body screamed its protest but she forced it back, her mind flickering through a million images of that exact same night, a million moments that had been a lot worse than this. Eh, this, this was nothing. When Giggle stopped to speak, something about the grin on his face -- she could see it, just barely, in her peripheral vision -- made her start to laugh. Half coughing, half giggling uncontrollably, she poked him in the shoulder and forced out her words. "No wonder you never smile, I wouldn't either if I looked like that when I did," and given by the grin that was so obvious on her own face, she was just teasing him. This was the girl's natural reaction when happy with someone: make fun of them! Light-headed already (being the easy drunk she was,) she had forgotten about her challenge, and instead scooted through the sand a little closer to the only friend she had in the world outside of her brother. "Hey," she blurted out suddenly, a random thought occuring to her out of the blue, "I don't even know your name."
[/html]
No, no! We can make it! XDDDDDD

She was laughing at him now and he frowned, but then burst into giggles anyway. 'Is it that bad?' he asked, still laughing, although he wasn't really offended, like he would have been without the drink in his blood. The bottle was empty now, ridiculously quickly, and it was rushing into his system, making him feel giddy and sick at the same time. He would feel it tomorrow but right now everything was alright. At least, it would have been completely all right if it weren't for the question she blurted out. Crap. He blinked, his smile fading, but he couldn't think quickly enough to come up with a decent lie. Why couldn't she just stick with Bunbury? Bunbury was a perfectly respectable name, right? He liked it better than his. But he couldn't lie to her, because friends didn't lie to each other, right? 'I-- uh, we-eell, actually,' he had this crazy idea that he could play it off as funny, as witty, haha, 'it's Giggle, yeah?' he giggled again, although he felt waves of nervousness crashing through him, even through the thick, thick haze of drunkenness.
[html]
Tal wasn't sure how much was left in her bottle. She didn't much care, either. He was much more fun this time; maybe he just liked wine better than vodka! Tal thought they both tasted pretty bad, but hey, whatever worked, right? She watched his face intently as it changed, the smile fading following her sudden question. Her mind, working slower than it was meant to, didn't pick up on this being a warning signal. Nah, must be some other reason. He fell over his words. She found this funny, and continued to grin. "Spit it out," she commanded, crossing her arms (and accidentally spilling some wine on her elbow.) Her words were lost as Giggle finally admitted it. It confused her, and she raised a single eyebrow, staring at him as if he had just grown another ear in the middle of his forehead. "No," she told him, uncrossing her arms and pointing at him with the hand that held the bottle, "Giggle's your brother, y'told me before that he dyed your face." If she had been sober, she would have put two and two together, but after chugging the stuff on a mostly empty stomach, she wasn't quite registering things like she would've otherwise.
[/html]
He watched her with wide eyes, as she responded. What did she mean, no-- oh, right, that, that was why he was worried about this all in the first place. Giggle felt a funny feeling in his stomach that he couldn't place, maybe it was alcohol poisoning, or maybe nerves. He moved and slid on to the ground, uselessly, squeezing his eyes shut. 'We-eell,' the coyote breathed out, 'tha's the thing. I mean my brother did dye my face up, yeah, but his name is Etcetera, and I'm Giggle. An' my sister is Beau.' The last bit of information was completely trivial, but someone, it seemed necessary to add it. He tried to prop himself up on his bad arm and fell back onto the ground, wincing sharply, having forgotten it was still a wee bit sensitive.
[html]
If you can get him to follow her, maybe grab her arm, she'll totally flip out at him XD

He was drunk. He had probably forgotten what he told her about Giggle. Tal, though, she didn't forget. No, she forgot about nothing; even the things she desperately wanted to leave behind, they lurked there in her subconscious, alive and breathing and forcing themselves to the spotlight at night, giving her nightmares she was ashamed to admit she still had. He had told her his brother's name was Giggle, and she had laughed, because it was a stupid name. She could kind of see why he'd want to hide that. Friends didn't lie to each other, and here she'd just found out the guy who was probably her best friend in the world (a sad, sad world it was) had lied to her. She frowned at him to show her discontent, and stood up so quickly her head swam and her vision blurred. Ah, crap, which was was up? All she could feel was down. After a moment, however, she regained some sense of balance and direction, and pointed straight (at least, what she interpreted as straight) at his face. "You lied to me." She said this accusingly before she turned around to walk away. She didn't know what she felt, or what she intended to do now, but she'd figure that out soon enough... right?
[/html]
He blinked, blearily, trying to figure out which of the Talithas pointing angrily at him was the real one, his ears pressed to his head. Why was she so angry? 'I didn't lie,' Giggle said childishly. Technically, he hadn't-- she had never asked his name, therefore, he had never lied about it. Oh, why couldn't he just have been named Bunbury for real, like how Ernest ended up really being named Ernest even though he thought he was Jack. His mind wandered back into focus to notice that his first and only friend in the world was walking away, leaving him. He messily sprang to his feet and fell back over, yelping. 'Wai-wait!' the hybrid called, as he lurched after her, trying desperately not to fall on his ass. 'Tally!' Talitha was a hard word when you were drunk, alright? Somehow he managed to speed up enough to reach out to her, try to make her face him. 'D'n't b'mad at me.'