Oh, so nervous... (Joining?)
1. Character Name: Vukasin Sandalius
2. Character Birthdate (including year): December 27, 2007
3. Regular wolf or Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. Your e-mail: Greenfire_eyes777@yahoo.com
6. Secondary Contact: jchidlow91@yahoo.com, greenfire_eyes777 on YIM, or 78915 for user id on Wajas!
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Paragon affiliates list1 XD I quit Paragon a while ago, but I still lurk around every now and then.

He swallowed hard again, for the third time in as many minutes. He was very, very nervous. He'd never been in a pack, unless his small family had counted, and he had no idea how to go about joining one. Having no idea where would be a good place to go, he decided that someplace fairly laid back, near the edge of the pack's territory, would be as good a choice as any. So, he was at the Estrelas Praias. A dull throb in the back of his head reminded him constantly of his anxiety as a techno/dance track pulsed from the old jukebox speakers. Not his kind of music, but, oh, well. What can you do? He'd only just entered a few moments ago, and now he had no idea hwo to go about his task. Hopefully there was someone of authority around to give him a nudge in the right direction."Come on, Vuk. Keep it together man. It's not like you're on trial, or anything," he tried to talk himself out of his nervousness and confusion, but it helped little. Pull it together, man! You're not running away from this!
Normally DaVinci kept his habits out of the packlands but when the habit was so close at hand and one didn't feel like heading deep into the relic world of the human city who could blame the Savant. Today though he hadn't expected to hear the tunes from the old jukebox blaring away before he'd even approached the entrance to the old bar. The male flicked his ears back and grumbled, wondering just who it was who was causing a ruckus in the building. He could think of one or two packmates that would have no problem raising hell in the bar though he caught no scent of anyone he knew as he stepped through the door, only the scent of someone who didn't really belong this far past the border.

DaVinci let his eyes adjust in the dim darkness and just stared at the stranger a moment before he moved over to the bar and pulled out a bottle of beer before letting his eyes shift over the other male. The Savant of the pack wasn't afraid of the intruder and right now he really didn't think the guy was a threat. Taking a swig of the beer DaVinci tilted the bottle towards the male as he asked. "So, what brings you into our lands.." There were two ways he could handle this but it all depended on just what the male said and did.
The black-furred male tensed nervously as another male entered. He could feel eyes on him, and he wanted to shudder, but he wouldn't let himself. It would be such a weak display.

"So, what brings you into our lands.."

He turned, using the brief second before meeting the other's gaze to compose himself. Fortunately, he'd spent a decent amount of his life faking emotions for his parents and brothers, so he knew what did and didn't work for him. Straightening his back, he held his head high, with his muzzle dipped differentially to the other. After all, no matter who it was, it was a member of the pack he wanted to join, so he'd better show some respect. "That depends. I assume that you are of the Pheonix Valley pack?" he shot back, not disrespectfully. He was just being cautious. Just keep cool, Vuk, you're doing kay so far... You didn't cringe when he came in. Now, just relax those tensed muscles, be yourself... You're trying to get into a pack, not an army, he thought to himself. He forced his muscles to relax one by one until he could stare right back, his mismatched, red and yellow eyes shining proudly as he decided that games would sink him. Direct action would always be his best bet. "My name is Vukasin Sandalius, and I would like to join the Pheonix Valley pack. Are you, Sir, in a position in which you could help me?" There. He'd said it. Phew, that was harder than I'd thought...
DaVinci watched the male quietly, noting how something seemed off about the fellow, but in the Savant's eyes everyone seemed off to want to join the pack. How in the world the brooding fellow ended up as the subleader of Phoenix Valley he wasn't sure but he really didn't care either. He did his job as was directed and protected himself and his mixed up family affair. Who would have thought that the leaders of a wolf pack were barely wolves at all. Now that was damned funny in DaVinci's eyes.

He titled the bottle back again as he listened to the questions the male shot back at him. He narrowed his eyes slightly as he leaned back against the wall and shrugged at the dark hued stranger. "You'd assume correctly." he said as he examined the old label on the beer bottle before he slowly began to peel it off. Raising his eyes up he smirked. "And.. I could help you, but why would you wanna join this pack?" He didn't care why in the world the male wanted to join but he wanted to see just what the male had to offer if there was anything at all.

He pulled out another beer from below the bar and motioned for the other fellow to join him. "Co'mon, relax a little, I ain't as dangerous as I look.." Not that he believed he looked dangerous at all but he knew half the world didn't trust a coyote and he looked like he could play the part. His stormy eyes turned away from the male a moment as he took another drink before offering his name. "I'm DaVinci, the pack's Savant."
[html]
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb18 ... kull-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:

no-repeat;">

Crossing his right arm over his chest, Vukasin leaned back against the wall, brushing out of his eyes a tuft of his hair-like mane. "I am relaxed. Just a little.. Out of my element. I've never really been in a pack before, unless family counts, and I'm tired by now of having only myself to talk to."

And... He sounded like an idiot. 'No one but myself to talk to'? Great, make him think you're nuts. Get turned away from the pack. Maybe you can find Raine again. Nah, she'd just turn tail and run like before.. He stopped himself mid-thought. No. That wasn't your fault, Vuk. Chill out and keep it together... Normally, he was a fairly laid back kind of guy, but he honestly was tired of his own voice, and he honestly wanted to join the pack. "DaVinci. Like the artist," it was more of a statement than a question. "Nice t' meet'chya." For once his inner monologue did not go on while he spoke.

[/html]
He couldn't help but laugh as the male tried to convince him that he was indeed relaxed. He threw back the bottle of beer and nodded his head at the information that Vuk presented him with. "Family, packmates, what's the difference. They work the same way.." he said as he rolled the bottlecap back and forth on the bartop as he flicked his eyes back to the male who seemed to be looking for a new home.

When his own name was repeated back to him he couldn't help but grin as he nodded. "Yeah, Never did ask my mother what that was all about." He'd met strangers with names that were strange but never had he met another who's name was as oddly misplaced as his own. Except perhaps Jefferson, why in the world would you name yourself after a sign. He'd have to ask the Patriarch about that someday when he wasn't in so much trouble or wasn't drunk.

Tossing the unopened bottle of beer to the black pelted boy he grinned and flicked the bottlecap into a dusty old ashtray. "Nice to meet you too." He threw back the bottle one more time before asking. "So, anything special about you I should know about?" He dropped the bottle back down to the tabletop and ran his hands through his hair. "Any baggage you carry?" Not that DaVinci really cared, hell his own baggage was bad enough for the pack not like anyone elses would make life that much harder for them all.
[html]
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb18 ... kull-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Vuk laughed, a sound reminiscent of a happy bark in his wolf form, as he caught the bottle before it could hit him or the wall. "You mean any kids, and/or gals, right?" he asked as he set the bottle down on the bar. He didn't like beer. Wine tasted better. Vodka, too. "No baggage, not at the moment, anyways... I c'n speak English and some Spanish, and I can read and write in English. I know a little Latin, mostly roots, prefixes and suffixes, y' know? I c'n cook, sort of, but don't hold me to that. I'm a pretty good at treating wounds and setting breaks, stuff like that. My mom was a healer, see? And I've got a pretty good memory for places..." His slightly lazy voice trailed off as he began to drum his claws lightly on the bartop. Yep, still nervous, but not quite as twitchy, which was always good. at least he wasn't sweating. That would've been bad.

He stared around the room for a while, trying his best to relax completely, and failing miserably. Oh, well. At least he seemed to have a chance at getting in...

[/html]
DaVinci shrugged as the other male sat the bottle down and spoke up. "Anything and everything that might follow you." he said with a grin as he finished off the beer that he'd been drinking and began to rummage around under the counter for anything else that might push his buzz further over the edge. He was almost through with this fellow anyways and that meant he could move onto bigger better more mind erasing challenges.

He nodded his head as he listened to the long list of things that the male had to offer here and there. He raised his head up from under the bar with a bottle of whiskey as the guy spoke of something that actually caught his interest. He had some training as a healer, that was interesting. The pack didn't have much in the ways of healers except the shoddy work that anyone who could help could provide. Davinci himself knew some of healing, only because of his family but he didn't have much to offer other than things he'd picked up here and there. Hopefully this male could do better than that. "You're a bit better than half the lot we tend to pick up." He said as he poured a shot and downed the firey liquid.

He shook his head and grinned wickedly as he went on. "We're not the normal run of the mill pack.. you'll figure that out sooner than later." He wondered just what the male would think of the working farm they had going in the center of the packlands but he decided not to mention the whole of it. Sometimes the world needed a surprise or two to liven things up.

Spinning the shotglass between his fingers DaVinci gazed up at the male, the buzz working on his mind now. "You'll start off in the Loas rank like everyone else.. " filling the glass up once more he glanced back to the male as he continued on. "If you can prove yourself and you actually stick around you'll have a chance at bettering yourself within the pack." He dropped the second shot down his throat as he met the eyes of the other male. "Understand me? Any questions?" he asked as soon as the fierce burn died off after the shot was taken.
[html]
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb18 ... kull-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He thought for a minute. Wait. What? "So I'm in? Just like that? No test, or anything? ... Okay," and his body finally went limp. See, vuk? That wasn't half as bad as you thought. And now, you'll have a whole pack of people to talk to. Maybe they'll even put up with you. Finally relaxed, he let his head loll back against the wall. And all of a sudden, it wasn't just him that mattered.WTF, an egg? "Guess I gotta watch my stunts now, huh? Oh, well. I can still draw people doing stupid things..."

As he watched the other guy getting thoroughly wasted, he looked around behind the bar, hopeing to spot somethng to catch his interest. Mmmmm... Mango rum...

[/html]
This post is just about done, so I'm going to close it for now. It will be archived after the Easter Egg Hunt is finished. Smile

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your
profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up . Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]