Black velvet if you please
They had their duties, their reason for having come this far but she had more. The ebony woman crouched upon the limestone ledge of the university's library staring out across the city. The dying sunlight glided off the golden guardhairs that shimmered along her shoulders and down her arms. Her silvery grey orbs lowered down to the form of the small flying mammal that was scavaging along the edge of the park in the early spring night. The faint sounds of the sonar that the bat gave off met her ears and she knew there was nothing to fear in the coming dark. Closing her eyes for a moment the midnight lady smiled darkly.

Her talons worked at the soft stone beneath her pads as she waited to see if her two siblings would make it back to the meeting place this night. The crumbling lime chipped away and tumbled down the face of the library as her twin ears perked upon her skull, blood red rubies twinkling along the rims as in a flash her ears were pinned back against her head as the flying mammal fluttered around overhead.

Miriette's eyes flickered to the small bat and back to the dead streets below as she hushed the squeaks of her fellow shadowy figure as she felt the light weight landing on her shoulder. The cool night air whipped her mane across her face as she sighed and began the slow climb down to the ground level again. It seemed that perhaps once more she would find herself scouting alone this night for the boys were late once more. It didn't surprise her though, the whole lot of them were as different as night and day.
Hey! :3
[html]
As the tall, slim figure walked down the street, his unearthly, off-white eyes were sparkling with mischief and good humour. Along the very edge of the curb he walked, one foot in front of the other though very carefully so that he could keep his balance. His shirt, a large polo which hung off him like materiel might hang from a skeleton, had three buttons at the top which were unbottoned so that the corners of the collar pointed out toward his shoulders. The male was narrow-chested, and of a very slim, lithe build; he was graceful, to say the least, and moved with an airy grace which was not often found in a male. His jawline was delicate and cheekbones high, giving him an air of almost elvish nobility. His pert ears were perked atop his head and the stripes on his soft fur accented the muscliature of his neck, disappearing beneath the shirt. His pants were made of the same, beige, cotton materiel, and a rope was used as his belt. He looked very much as though he had stepped out of a century long ago, and onto modern streets.

"I gave my love a cherry
That had no stone
I gave my love a chicken
That had no bone
I told my love a story
That had no end
I gave my love a baby
With no crying."

As Faust walked along, balancing on the edge of the pavement he sang; his voice was high and clear, lilting and pure. Rather than being low and dreamy, it was soft and smoothe, not so high as to sound boyish, though a clear tenor. He did not use an excessive amount of either chest voice or head voice, and used vibrato sparingly, as a true artist would. He sounded nothing like an opera singer, though there was a pleasant, folkish quality to the timbre of his voice, and the occasional elaborations he made on the melody signified that Faust was not afraid to improvise a little bit.

"How can there be a cherry
That has no stone?
And how can there be a chicken
That has no bone?
And how can there be a story
That has no end?
And how can there be a baby
With no crying?"

He came to the steps of the library, seeing a lady sitting there, as dark as a raven's wing, and gave her an amicable, cheeky grin and winked as he continued singing the final verse of his song as he continued to balance, walking along the edge of the pavement.

"A cherry when it's blooming
It has no stone
A chicken when in the shell
It has no bone
The story of how I love you
It has no end
A baby when it's sleeping
It's not crying."

[/html]
Miriette hadn't expected the words that filled the street, but they were echoing down the way and her silvery grey eyes turned to see just who the voice belonged to. She narrowed her eyes as she studied the slim male, wondering if it was intentional to crash the meeting that her brother's had probably forgotten about or if he was just being foolish. She figured on the second from the way he winked at her as he slowly made his acrobatic scene before her.

She crossed her legs, one foot jiggling in irritation at the boy that had interrupted her waiting. The lady was not known for her patience with those that she didn't know and she didn't like surprises and changes in a situation very much either. She flipped her hair back once more as she raised a brow at the fellow. "Should I be 'mused?" she said, her accent heavy on the words as she lowered her eyes to look over the male once more. He definitely wasn't that impressive at all in her eyes, strange and unique in his coat but sh'ed seen better.