Stop the quiet
1. Character Name: Ares
2. Character Birthdate (including year): January 5th, 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. Your e-mail: dannygator8498@aol.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M):
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Internet

It had been almost three months since the horrible incident. Ares had never felt so alone in his life. He always had someone there for him, mostly his mother. He was popular in his pack and always had something to say to make someone laugh. Being a loner was nothing like what Ares imagined. After his mother's death, he figured being alone was the best thing for him. No one but him and his thoughts. What a mistake that was. He needed a family unit, he needed a social structure, he needed a friend. The life he was living wasn't a life that could keep him sane. He already started to feel his hold on reality loosen. How the hell do lone wolves live like this! I'm about ready to strike up a conversation with a damn squirrel... which reminds me I am a little hungry.

Ares was ready to live in a pack. He was ready to move on and be himself again. His mother's death had undoubtedly left a deep scar within him, but he knew that she would want him to move on. He knew that her death wasn't in vain. And for that reason, Ares found himself on the pack borders of the Phoenix Valley. He immediately picked up the different scent and could even see a few scattered cottages in the distance. He wondered if he should shift forms but decided to stay in his Lupus form for the original greeting. He then turned his deep blue eyes toward the sky and let out a long and echoing howl, alerting everyone to his presence. Nerves suddenly shot through him as he tried to keep himself cool and collected. He needed to impress them if he wanted to end the quiet.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hi there! Just gonna let you know that you need to edit your first post and put in the OOC information joining form in our Joining policies post before your next post, please. ^_^

The scarred-up cyclops was browsing the lands that day, somewhat stirred out of the ranchhouse central to the packlands' to meander the grounds. His thoughts had been getting the best of him lately; what with Gabriel's angry arrival some days before and the slow realization that Addison was growing up a bit too fast. He hadn't seen Geneva in days, which was rather strange for her behavior, as she had adapted to commonly hanging around the ranchhouse in her free time, writing or reading or provoking him in one way or another. Addison was out romping around, now that she'd learned to hunt, and Jefferson had actually ended up... lonely?

The siren at the borders excited him; it was something to do, and though it put him on edge after Gabriel's sharp, furious call, their howls were nowhere similar. Three-legged and lazy, Jefferson followed the sound at his own leisurely pace (which was slow, and he was surprised not to see DaVinci beating him there). Single green eye affixed on the foreigner, who immediately struck him as... well, he looked completely lost and desolate. "You called?" He said calmly, voice devoid of threat or intimidation. "Who're you? You need something?"

[/html]
OOC:Ah, Im sorry. For some reason I thought that was only if I was joining OOCly. Fixed it though Smile

IC: Ares waited patiently on the border, his two white paws poised statue-like, holding his upper body straight up with a wide grin stretching across his maw. At least he thought it was a grin. At this point, Ares was so under-socialized he may have been frowning and not known it. He was starving for interaction and found his heart take a leap when he sensed another wolf approaching. Hopefully they were a welcoming party and not a farewell committee. He needed this to go as smooth as possible, making sure he made a good impression on whoever was coming to greet him. He was never really awkward but after months of being by himself, Ares wasn't sure what was going to come out of his mouth.

Ares was greeted by a pretty worn out wolf. Not worn out in a bad sense, but Ares could easily tell that he had been through a lot. Maybe we already have something in common, Ares thought to himself, suddenly realizing that he wasn't the only wolf with problems in the world. There were others that had issues, and could possibly help him with his own. Then again, Ares could have been very mistaken and the wolf standing before him could have been perfectly normal. Only time was going to tell.

"Hi! Yep I would be the one who called," Ares said, a little to cheerful for his own good. Speaking to another wolf just filled him with so much excitement, it was almost a little hard to contain. "My name is Ares and I was wondering if you had one more spot to fill in your pack for a humble and hard-working wolf like myself."
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

No worries. :B Thank you!

Jefferson was undoubtedly taken aback by the stranger's enthusiasm; he was definitely forward and straight to the point, unlike a number of other prospective loners had been at his borders. The one-eyed idiot much preferred to cut to the chase rather than beat around the bush, and thus the boy instantly earned a place on his good side, at least for the time being. Only time would tell what would happen with that, as Jefferson was always a little bit unpredictable.

He blinked once, paused, and subtly nodded his head. "Sure," the brute replied, wondering if it was possible to meet one's own polar opposite... outside of Geneva, of course. First impressions told him that the boy was a bit deprived on social standards, but genuinely eager to make something of himself regardless. Not a bad goal to have, he supposed. "I'm Jefferson, the leader here. This is my pack, Phoenix Valley. We're a little on the small side." A faint smile reached his face at last. "Humble and hardworking is good, but what can you do?" The leader's green eye sparkled, somewhat intrigued to hear what this eager youngster had to offer.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/ ... blebg1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Jefferson's quick response took Ares a little off-guard. Wow that was easier than I thought. He had figured there would be some rigorous interview process at least, maybe a test of strengths or some sort of offering or something. He didn't complain though. He already felt pretty comfortable talking to the alpha, which was always a good thing. Afterall, his past experience didn't really contribute much to his resume. Then again, it wasn't like he asked for what happened to him. But the past was the past and he had to deal with what was ahead of him now, and that was impressing Jefferson.

"Wow, that felt better than what I thought it was going to feel like... well that sounds a little weird but I'm sure you understand me," Ares said with a little laugh, wondering if Jefferson understood more than just the sentence. "Well, I don't know if you noticed my smaller than normal stature but don't fret! I've learned to harness my smaller size and use it to my advantage. I was known as the fastest in my old pack and could outrun most older wolves. I'm also a pretty good fighter and have a high endurance level, meaning I could patrol the borders for countless hours and still have enough energy to fight off anyone meaning harm to any of your pack members. I also have an extreme sense of loyalty, almost to a fault, and will fight tooth and nail to protect someone."

"Oh and I can cook a mean rabbit or two!" Ares added with a wider, infectious grin spreading from his face to his deep blue eyes.

[/html]
[html]

This Ares was undoubtedly the talkative type; Jefferson had to focus more than usual to keep up with him. He was still young and in the prime of his life, which caught the Patriarch curious as to why the stranger had ended up here on his borderlines, asking for acceptance and a place to call home. Unlike a majority of his joiners, however, the one-eyed brute did not call suspicion on the child, nor had Ares given him any reason to doubt his enthusiasm and exuberance. "Fair enough," the cyclops said, calmly nodding his head. For a moment, his one-eyed gaze was cast over his shoulder in a brief moment of thought before returning back to the boy. "So why is a kid like you running around all by yourself?" Green eye slyly affixed, eager for the answer. "Where's your family?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/ ... blebg1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ares flinched at the mention of his family. He should have been expecting the question. He should have prepared a proper answer. He should have had enough time to cope with what had happened. But he didn't. The wounds inflicted on him on that day were still open and sore. All he had was his enthusiasim, which was newly discovered just recently. Now it was like everything was just shot point blank. He felt like he could already trust Jefferson, but was it right to say the whole story? Would he even be able to finish the story? All he could do was try.

After a few moments of silence and Ares trying to regain his composure, he managed to open his mouth but all that came out was a whimper. It was going to be harder than he thought. Come on, Ares. Your stronger than this. Show Jefferson your strong and not some spineless fawn, he thought to himself, trying to block the images of those days with him laying by his mother's side.

"I'm sorry... I thought I was ready to cope... My father, the alpha," Ares seemed to spit out the title,"he... he killed my mother. I had to leave." Ares had to cut the story short. He knew that if he went on, the only thing that would come from it was a break down. "I'm sorry... don't think I'm weak or anything... I just... I haven't really spoken about... about anything really." The smile was long gone and his eyes seemed to have lost the welcoming glow they had initially taken on.

[/html]
[html]

Even the stone-hearted Jefferson could feel pangs of pity for the boy, even if his backstory wasn't fully admitted. He'd once lived in a place of comfort, but it was torn apart quickly. Ares had lost his mother, and now the pack he'd once been a member of only sparked constant nightmares and regrets he could do nothing about. Jefferson shook his head slowly, sighed, and pointed his green eye back at the anxious wanderer with a tinge of compassion within. "You're strong," the Patriarch corrected, straightening his back and raising his head to complete a knowledgeable and attentive stance, "and you're getting stronger. That could be seen from miles away."

He inhaled deeply, exhaled, and turned his head. "Come along, then. You'll take the rank of Loas, and if I see you growing up, then you'll move up. That'll give you something to aim towards." A slight, vague smile again reached his lips. "Get moving... you've got plenty to learn."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.