once more for the ages
[html]

cake Sorry for the wait! This can be set on whatever date you'd like... would the 4th or the 5th work? edit: actually scratch that, the 5th doesn't work for me XD any other day is good though!

cakeSome handful of months ago, Bane had arrived with nothing but his hiking pack and an idea in his head of what to look for. He had been disdainful of this thing but had pursued it anyhow, for lack of a better path. It had proven to be worthwhile, though the broken leg at the beginning had slowed him down. Of course, it was easy to look at these things this way. He knew he was thinking like a mortal, but he was a lowly creature and it was to be expected. The mountain towered above him, hiding from him the lands in which he had been born. He was walking away from it, slowly, leisurely, the warm spring sun beating down on him and warming his fur.

cakeIt was late afternoon. Evening would come soon and the sun would set. In the pocket of his cutoff jeans, the keys to his home jingled oddly merrily. Tied to one of his belt loops was the string that attached his canteen of water, that which he rarely left home without. In his hand was the skull of a dead cougar, cracked in the middle between the eyes. The fractures that ran along the top of the white bone intrigued him and he looked at it as he walked. The instinct burned in him for some reason he couldn't quite explain. Though, in his limited range of thought, the dark wolf couldn't think of a reason for this, he knew that didn't mean there wasn't one. In his house, all the way in suburban Halifax, there was a chimney he had cleaned in the winter so he could use the fireplace to warm himself during the night. The mantle was empty of the things the humans had once owned. This would likely look good there.

cakeYes, he thought, lowering his arm and raising his eyes. Yes, he would put this creature's skull on the mantle. It hadn't managed to conquer him -- it deserved its fate.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
np! and 4th works for meee. i am sooo close to convincing nina to rejoin, btw. XD 300+ words

ic -
Tokyo was very near a state of panic. It appeared the land of her birth had been entirely burnt down by a fire, and even more frightening, there was no one there to be found. The majority of the old scents appeared to head in this direction. Jaded Shadows had better be somewhere this side of the mountain range. It had taken her forever to cross, let alone to get down this far south in the first place!

She was somewhat uncharacteristically in her shifted form; it had just been easier to clamber up and down some of the more particularly rocky spots. Especially while carrying her belongings: a leather satchel bounced at her hip as she walked on. There wasn't really much in it, just the diary Champ had left her and a book of fairy tales she was fond of. When in quad form, it held the faded green dress currently wrapped around her body. It was too small and clung close to her body; she had taken it when originally leaving Bleeding Souls. Luckily she hadn't grown terribly much, and was also significantly less well fed. If Tokyo had any knowledge at all about human fashion, she would probably be quite appalled at being caught in something so simple and practical.

There. That was someone, in the distance. She altered her path for interception, and caught up to him after a few moments. She was vaguely conscious of the fact that she should be afraid of this stranger, and that he could probably hurt her. But why would anyone ever want to hurt Tokyo? That wouldn't make any sense. Well, he could be of some use. Save her some time exploring these strange lands. Her words were an odd mix of politeness and condescension. "Excuse me, boy. Which way from here to Jaded Shadows?" She managed to identify what was in his hands. Ew. "Also, you shouldn't touch that. It's gross."
</style>

[/html]
[html]

cake i r slow. >< Sorry. Been working 10-12 hour days over Easter. Also, that is awesome, but I kind of got the feeling when I tried to convince her that she'd just give up after a few weeks anyway. XD

cakeThe instinct spoke to him in a strange language under the darkening sky. As he walked, he listened. Listlessly, his thumb traced a path back and forth over the ridge of the dead cat's eyebrow. The skull was clean. It had sat there all winter. These thoughts came and went as he felt the echo within him. He waited as he moved until the silence he existed in was broken quite suddenly; he felt no threat in the air and therefore didn't bother looking until the words reached him, and he smiled in a genial fashion at the abrasive young woman who had queried him on things, like the cat, that had died long ago.

cakeThe second comment he ignored. He had touched in the past (and would again in the future) much worse things than the bleached bones of his hellbound enemies. The first he answered, politely as he would have had she been anyone else; Bane had had the traditions and beliefs of an ancient society beaten into him, and knew how to treat a lady the way she deserved, regardless of whether or not she deserved the title. However, it was a sign (albeit, to one unfamiliar with strange customs, a virtually unnoticeable one) of his discontent with her company that he continued to walk as he spoke. "Jaded Shadows, my lady, no longer exists. Nor does Storm, nor Clouded Tears, nor any of the old world packs. In fact, it's been a good year now, so I hear." His voice, as usual, was a calm and quiet baritone that carried in the air, like his thoughts tended to. He wondered who she was, but only for the sake of curiosity.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
no worrieees~ i r slow too. and yeah, you're probably right. XD.

ic -
Well, even if he was holding that disgusting thing, at least he had a proper sense of manners - addressing her as a lady and all. So, he was not completely discredited in her mind. His news was upsetting, though. All... all of the packs, gone? None of this made sense to her. How dare Jaded Shadows disband! What the hell was she supposed to do now? Where was her family, the people that were supposed to take care of her? What on earth made them think that they could just abandon her like that? Of course, it didn't really cross her mind that Tokyo was sort of at fault for leaving in the first place.

"Where went the members, my family? Fatin Kali, Nirupama Tsunami, Ireland Fatality?" She already knew where her mother had gone, and she didn't care too much about the rest of her siblings. If none of those three were around, she supposed she should seek out the others, but that would be a last ditch course of action. If this wolf knew about Jaded Shadows at all, he was bound to have heard of some of her family. And he could point her in the right direction, and all would be well in the world. Right? Never mind that the packs had been gone a year. Tokyo walked quickly to keep up with him - she wasn't sure why he was still walking when he should be paying complete attention to her, but maybe he just had someplace he needed to get to.
</style>

[/html]