Innocence left behind
[html]

She'd sent away the pups on her birthday. It was a small price to pay to know they were safe. But it still hurt like hell. She sat on the porch, staring into the distance, staring towards the strange lands that Noah had taken Willow and Tal to. On her lap was the collection of Willow's treasures. A small green blanket, a feather, a ball, and some other assorted bits that the girl had played with. Willow had given them to her. Deuce clutched the blanket to her face and inhaled. It still smelled like Willow, a soft sweet smell that the mother would never forget.
She hadn't wanted to send them away, but it was safer for Willow this way. Deuce wouldn't have to worry about Firefly hurting Haku's illigitimate daughter. She wouldn't have to worry as much about what the pack thought of her 'flaunting' the girl around. If she'd known she'd be judged like she was, she would have refused the Lillium's offer of a new home. She closed her eyes, fighting back tears. It had been almost three weeks since she'd let the pups go. It hadn't stopped hurting yet.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The male trampled through the lands. He had not been very well the last week. Not at all. The man had barely been out of the cabin at all, and now the two snotty kids were back. Both of them! Conor had been lost and barely kept his life. Haku was grateful for that, because that kid had turned quite a bit quieter than Emwe, and if it was anything the cocoa Lilium worshipped these days, it was silence. The secui form of Haku stumbled on, eyes cloudy with fever. He was not surprised when he realized that he was just walking in a random direction with no goal after a while. Hell, he would most likely never be able to get back to the cabin. Thankfully Alexey did her job, because Haku was not been out hunting lately. He had not seen her, but heard her when she had come to take care of the kids, and they seemed to be well fed, even though he meant he had been able to see Conor’s ribs this other day when he had come into Haku’s room for some love. Haku had scared the little thing shitless by feinting a snap with his jaws at the boy. The child had left him alone, but the pool of urine by the man’s doorsteps was fucking annoying.

”Deuce.” The male greeted. He stopped up and furrowed his brows. Oh, would you look at that. It was Deuce, sitting and clutching a blanket. His head was throbbing, and the man was in a horrible mood. ”Hows your little family?” His words were dry. He still couldn’t believe she had allowed Coli to live with her. That little rotten daughter he had with Milla was slowly poisoning the land, he was certain of it. He should have killed the little snot when the opportunity had been there. Fail, so much fail on Haku’s part.

[/html]
[html]

Deuce looked up when she heard the lillium's voice. There he stood, in all his glory, frowning at her. Let him frown. She nodded to his greeting, and then felt her heart lurch as he asked about her family. He didn't sound like he cared at all, but she would answer nonetheless. "The pups have left the lands, Haku. Tal and Noah took our Willow someplace far away." She couldn't help it, her voice cracked as she spoke. Her voice was soft and anguished, lost somehow. She didn't mention Colibri, same as she didn't mention Haku to the girl. It wasn't right to either one to mention the past.
Deuce returned the lonely treasures to their box, leaving only the small blanket in her hands. She was unwilling to release the scrap of worn fabric, unwilling to relinquish that last scent of her beautiful daughter. "And how is your family, Haku?" She asked only to be polite. She didn't much care, really. It was unfair for one to have a family while the other had lost hers.

[/html]
[html]
---

Haku was not frowning, Haku was not doing anything. His words were the only thing that fully revealed that he was not feeling grand about anything. Her words however, made it all too worse. And how dared she letting her voice crack. It sounded like it was a part of an act and that even though Deuce’s children had taken Willow away, it had been against Deuce’s will and she was mourning. Bullshit. His hackles rose ever so slightly, and the throbbing pulsed and vibrated, casting a moving shroud over his eyes. The whole world was dancing along with the rhythm of his heart. He shouldn’t be here, he should have stayed back in the bed. Hunger gnawed at his ribs, pissing him off.

His intense eyes could be as cold as they could be warm, and the usual warmth that belonged to that hue of eyes alone was quickly dying. ”I see. You asked me to take part of the child’s life, and I did, I took the role as a father, and this is what you do?” He advanced, taking a few steps closer to her, the headache a big and nasty monster behind him as an invisible giant. ” What the fuck gave you that right to just send her off without even letting me say goodbye?” The voice that carried those words were dangerous. Truth be told, had Deuce ever seen Haku Soul angry? Well, she was about to.

[/html]
[html]

His blue eyes had gone cold as he'd looked at her. She swallowed, but lifted her chin, her body going tense. Her voice stayed level as she replied to his angry words. "You brought us here so she would be safe. How safe could she really have been with Firefly around? Look what happened with Conor and Emwe, and those were her own pups. What would she have done with the pup belonging to a woman she loathed? you are right, i sent her away and I didn't let you say goodbye. That was wrong of me, and I don't expect your forgiveness for it. But you promised her safety, and then delivered her right onto trouble's doorstep."
Willow had told her once that she'd met Firefly, that Coli and Svara had argued while Willow stood by, listening. Deuce knew that it was only a matter of time before Firefly would have taken out her anger at Deuce on anything that came by. It was only a hunch, but Deuce figured that perhaps Firefly had hidden Emwe and Conor because of Deuce and Willow's presence in the lands. Because Deuce was 'the other woman', and Haku had openly adknowledged his extramarital affairs by bringing the girl and her mtoher home with him. Deuce would never voice her suspicions, but there they were, nonetheless.

[/html]
[html]
---

This was too much. ALWAYS the bad guy, it never seemed to fail with him. Everything was his fault no matter what. Firefly was unstable, and she had obviously not been well when she went on with the kidnapping. She threw it all over on him, pretending she had had the right to make such a bold move like sending their daughter away. His lips lifted slightly, as a reminder that there were sharp fangs behind that could rip her body to shreds. ”Then why did you not come to me and talk to me about it!” How could she expect him to protect them if he did not even know what was happening? He had not known about any issues between the two women before Willow randomly had mentioned something. Colibri had been a major issue as well. She had been staying with them, and so Haku did not feel he had the right to go near the cabin. Normally, he did not give a damn, but he was absolutely sure chaos would have been born if he had come and been in the same room with Coli, Deuce and Willow. ”You have not said a fucking word about anything going on, so how exactly could I know anything was going on?” Idiot female. ”Living here was a safer option than being an idiot and go through the winter alone in a cabin where every monster in the land could enter and kill your little family.” What now? Where had Willow been taken?

[/html]
[html]

Why had she not come and talked to him? Bi-colored eyes regarded the man with no fear, only sadness. "When have you made yourself available to be spoken to? You brought us here, openly admitting Willow's presence, but never spoke one word to me. Anytime I went to see you, your mate was there, and to get near you was to be near her as well. I didn't think that would go over well with her. I've tried so damn hard to stay out of her way so she wouldn't have to publicly adknowledge my existance." It was hard for the former leader to do that, it felt too much like submitting to the younger female. She was too entrenched in her ways, and having to avoid a situation for someone else's ease made her anxious. She'd had to stay in her house at all times just to avoid the female.
His words about monsters seemed almost ironic, given the emotional state of his oldest daughter when she'd first moved in. She gave a soft, dry laugh. "When I was a pup, I saw monsters everywhere. Being grown up just means you know the monster's names."

[/html]
[html]
300+

The look in her eyes was worse than anything he currently could think of. He had not expected the woman to turn on him like this. Truth be told, he did not even like his own kids. This was not really about Willow, this was about Deuce crossing the borders further than she had the right to. She had wanted him to take part in her life and he had finally submitted, so this bold move by removing the child from Dahlia de Mai without any warning was extremely disrespectful in the male’s eyes. As if she wanted to hurt him. He bared his fangs at her words, listening to her pitiful excuse. Yes, everything had to be Firefly’s fault. He could easily have played along just to get to talk harshly of his ex-mate, but the Lilium was not that kind of wolf. He was a terrible beast, but he had no sense for spreading unnecessary gossip unless it was necessary for manipulation.

Her next words did not make any sense whatsoever. ”Oh, please, do not try to be deep with me, Deuce.” the man spat out at her. If that was a hint that she knew Coli’s little secret, then it was a poor one. It was too late to try to call him a monster. She had told her this several times, what he was. Hell, the white female should already have known that he was one, even close to purebred devil. He had attempted to rape her the first time they had met, so she should be familiar with what he was able to do. He was dangerous and disturbed, and he had never ever denied this fact. He had questioned it, true, but he had never denied it. ”You can blame me all you want, but what you did was wrong and disrespectful. I thought more highly of you, but I guess I did the same with Firefly. You are the same, all of you.” This was true.

He snorted, waving his tail behind him in an annoyed manner. ”Maybe now you will have time to attempt to heal my pathetic daughter’s emotional wounds. Hell, maybe you can finally make her discover some other conversation topics than the incest rape committed by her horrible, horrible psychopath father.” There was something in his words. God, it would have been a relief if that girl stopped wallowing around in self pity and get a life. He was so fucking tired of the drama she tried to cause around him.

[/html]
[html]

She turned her eyes away from the male, submitting to his authority unconciously. "I didn't do it to hurt you, Haku. I did it to protect her." Her ears wilted and she stared at the ground between his paws. His words about his oldest daughter made her flinch, but she looked up, coming to the girl's defense quickly.
"Colibri is not pathetic, Haku. She has the right to feel hurt over what was done to her. You started a war over someone raping your sister. Colibri needs someone to fight for her, too." Her hackles raised slightly, but she was careful to keep her posture unaggressive. Haku was authority here, not her.

[/html]
[html]
300+

Protect her, yes, but he was extremely unsatisfied with how she had chosen to deal with this. He had not been a great father; he had never loved the little child. Yet, the way Deuce had treated this situation had made fury rise within his bones, and it would not be soothed just because of mere explanations. They would go in one ear and out the other. He pressed his jaws together, determined not to flash a set of fangs at her and fail his rank. Her words about Coli caused his ears to fold back, a clear sign that he did not agree. However, this was all good for one thing. He had played his previous cards well, and so a drop of satisfaction reached the upset sea of failure. Good. He would not let the white woman’s words pass without a reply though. She was the one closest to the brown female, it seemed. He wanted to talk about this.

”Yes, she has every right to feel hurt over what I did, but one year has come and gone and she will have to start living and try to let go of the past, especially if she wants to live in Dahlia where I act as the second in command.” His eyes stayed on her, although her gaze had let go of him already. ”She does not need anyone to fight for her. She is a member of Dahlia, and I would never touch her, never!” He spat the last words out, determined to let her know that her daughter was not in danger here, although everyone seemed to think so. ”I once said I’m a monster, Deuce, and you told me I was not. Has your opinion changed? Am I the father of your daugher, or am I still that cold hearted rapist that ruined his own daughter?” His guess was yes.

[/html]
[html]

One year? Was that all? And he thought that was enough time to heal from having someone you trust rape you and leave you for dead. She pitied the male, pitied his delusions. She is living, Haku. She just needs someone who's been there, someone who understands what she's going through. She needed my help, whatever you may think. I know you would not hurt her. But she doesn't.
His next words made her pause, considering her words with care. "I once thought myself to be in love with you, Haku. I knew it was foolish, I knew I was nothing more than a friend. We slept together out of a mutual need, and I turned it into something more. I do not believe you are a monster. I think you are confused inside."

[/html]