if the moon fell tonight
[html]
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3613/palindromes.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He's at Flanders Field, yet he doesn't know it. ^=^

WC: 304

It was late at night, around ten or eleven. The moon was shining high above little Palindrome, sparkling like a pond in the middle of winter, before it froze. He could barely see the moon and its fantastic orbs because of the many clouds in the area about Dahlia de Mai, his new pack. Palindrome still did not understand why his mother had left him and his siblings all alone with Cercelee and Slay. It was very confusing for the little two month old. His mother had done everything for him; taught him his first language, German, taught him to read and loved him. Palindrome wondered why she would give up on them. He suspected it was because of something she had never told them and would never be able to, now that she was gone.

Palindrome surpressed a sigh and wandered closer toward an overgrown area. He saw tall, leaning rocks that had enscriptions written on them. The puppy wondered what this thing was. They were many of them; maybe even more then thirty of them. Palindrome wasn't the most curious of puppies, tending to step back and leave everything to Catalyst or Catharsis. He sat under one of the skinny rocks and looked back up at the moon. He was only curious when it came to academics or education and thought of the moon and stars as an exception. So, Palindrome was curious to what would happen if the moon fell and landed away from their Earth. He knew that no matter what happened, the world would miss its magnificent beauty. Or at least, Palindrome would.

"What a beautiful thing the moon is," Palindrome replied, then decided to try it out in English. "Beautiful... thing... moon ish," He stumbled over many of the words, skipping some as well. Palindrome sighed again. If only Anka had taught him English and German! He loved German but more people seemed to speak French or English. Palindrome promised himself that he would master every language there is one day.

German English

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

300+ I'm a terrible person for making you wait. Sad !

Life was great. Everything was finally looking up for her; she had retrieved both of the missing pups and brought them home. The puppy sitter took great pride in such an achievement. A little over a week ago, Alexey had briefly considered resigning as the pack’s caregiver. She’d nearly given up hope on finding the little ones. Had she not located them when she did, lord only knows what would’ve happened. But that was history; they were now safe and sound. It was little saddening to see how Emwe often referred to her as “the angry lady” though. Yes, she’d lashed out at his so-called kidnapper, but it had been necessary. In no way was her anger directed toward the pudgy child. She would have to explain that to him someday. Maybe when he got older.

As for Conor, well; he’d nearly died in her arms. Just the thought of it made her shudder uncontrollably. At least she didn’t have to wonder what he thought of her. They were basically glued together. Lexey spent most of her time with him, out of fear that he might disappear again. His father, the pack’s Lilllium, did not seem to appreciate her constant presence all that much. But then again, what he thought mattered little to the small femme.

She’d heard rumors of new puppies taking up residence with Cercelee and her mate. It pleased her to see the Rosea with a family of her own now. Finding five puppies at her doorstep probably hadn’t been part of her plan, but the leader seemed to be handling it like a pro. And of course, Alexey was there to help take care of them should Cercelee ever become overwhelmed.

The Ceriser was on her way home when she came across a little fur ball; one she hadn’t seen before. Cercelee and Slay’s scents clung to his pelt like a sweet perfume, making it easy to know who his guardians were. He was one of the new pups. A foreign language passed the child’s lips, followed by what she assumed to be the English translation of what he’d just said. “Yes, the moon is very beautiful.” she confirmed as she caught up with him. “I’m Alexey. What’s your name?’

[/html]
[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/30hquxt.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #020117;">

Palindrome looked up at the female next to him and gasped a little, shocked that this woman had arrived so quickly. He first idea was that she was a mean, cruel woman who wanted to hurt him. But then Palindrome noted her eyes that sparkled gently. He managed a small smile, the corners of his mouth curling up into a lopsided grin. The little Papaver felt small and useless next to this woman, obviously of a much higher rank than him. But he didn't want to disrespect his elders and held his tongue.

Alexey, or so she had introduced herself as, made a comment about the moon, just like Palindrome had. He became excited as he realized he could ask her some questions about it. "Hi Lexey. Me Palindrome," Pali muttered out in his horrible English, a hint of his German accent lingering deep in his small, petite voice. "Why da moon soo... big and all? I dun get it," He said, bringing his paw to his head and banging gently with it onto his head. Palindrome wished he could get his point across simply in German, his native tongue, but never this woman would never understand him.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

The child gasped, and Alexey’s first reaction was to take a cautious step back. She didn’t like it when puppies felt uncomfortable. After all, accommodating their needs and making them feel safe was her job. She gave him some space, now realizing that she might’ve come on a bit too strong. Not all of Dahlia de Mai’s children were used to her presence yet, she quickly realized. But he seemed to rapidly calm down as a rather cute grin spread upon his maw. She thought his accent was charming. It was a little surprising to see a pup so young speak two languages.

Palindrome was his name. The Caregiver couldn’t help but smile as he greeted her using “Lexey” instead of “Alexey”. Since they were already giving each other nicknames, she would have to find one for him too. It would have to be something unique too; “Pali” or “Pal” was so unimaginative. Her train of thought was interrupted by a question; a really good one. Her gaze left the pup for a moment, long enough to examine the moon high above their heads. Hm. Alexey tried to think of an explanation but that was a little hard to do, considering the fact that she didn’t know the answer to his inquiry.

She held back a chuckle. This wasn’t the first time a child had left her speechless. It seemed pups had a talent for asking tough questions. The way he banged his head nearly sent her over the edge in laughter. “I-I don’t know,” she admitted, turning her amber gaze back to curious Papaver. “I guess there are some things even adults don’t know.”

[/html]