Without you, I would be nothing
[html]
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3613/palindromes.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 332

Palindrome took a whiff of the air. A strong scent filled his nostrils and into his scent glands. It was a delicious, mouth watering smell that overcame the little puppy. What an amazing smell it was! Instantly, he dropped the rocks and sticks he was playing with to investigate. What exactly was that magnificent smell? Palindrome padded over to the source of the scent and heard something scrambling to its feet and then run away. The scent was becoming fainter and fainter but the puppy would not give up, so he hurried after it.

The young boy ran some way until he reached the source again. He gasped, realizing what it was. It was a small, light tan furry animal that was rather chubby but was running very fast. Palindrome remembered that his mother had shown him this creature when he was younger. Rabbit. Yeah, that's what this little guy was. Palindrome giggled softly as he stabbed a claw into it, killing it instantly. He stumbled a little bit, falling on his face after killing the rabbit. But he took no notice in it and licked his lips.

Palindrome had always been fed finger food, like beef jerky or chicken so when he thought of eating the rabbit he was confused on how to do it. Rabbits were made for normal wolves, not Luperci like himself. He was very proud and cocky when it came to his form so prived himself in doing everything that normal wolves could not do. Palindrome scooped the rabbit in his paws and brought it to his face. Nibbling on it's back side ever so quietly, he swallowed the piece of rabbit. He bit into it one more time, this time a bigger bite, and was surprised at it's good taste. Palindrome put the dead animal back onto the ground and looked around Dahlia de Mai territory. Yet again, he'd wandered away from Cercelee, Slay and his siblings. Palindrome much rather preffered to hang out by himself.

German English

[/html]
[html]
ooc -

so as far as turns here go since this plot is a little complicated, probably after this post it should be cwmfen, then me again (so tokyo can present the stolen food), then pali and we stick with that order maybe? ^^; annd, little bit of powerplay, please forgive me. 300+ words

ic -

Tokyo had spent the night at the beach east of here, but was now back at the edges of Dahlia de Mai. She was curious to encounter more members of this pack. It looked to be much better than that other dumb pack where that dumb wolf had chased her away. She had woken up early to groom her fur, and she looked as soft and fluffy and pretty as ever. She was sure to make a great impression! Now, all she had to do was find someone. Her recent asthma scare made her incredibly hesitant to howl; she was skittish of even breathing too deeply. It scared her more when she thought about it; when she focused on her breathing she couldn't tell anymore if she was getting enough air... Best not to think about it. Tokyo shook her head, and perked an ear - that was definitely a noise nearby. Maybe she actually found someone! She tried to put on her cutest, most lovable face, and tiptoed towards the noise.

Oh. It was just a puppy. She crinkled her nose. How annoying. Stupid little creatures. Ghosts flitted at the back of her brain, but she stomped them out with haste. There was no time to think about it. What was done was done, and the dead won't be brought back to life by regret. Thus, it was just a lot more pleasant not to regret a damned thing. Easier said than done, though.

Wait... that puppy had food. That needed to be rectified. It was a rabbit! Something at the back of her brain nibbled at her pride a little - she hadn't even caught so much as a mouse in days. Well, whatever. She found ways to feed herself - like right now. Yeah. She was smart, and clever, and taking food from a puppy was way easier than getting it herself. Tokyo walked up and pushed the child out of the way, grabbing the rabbit. Well, the kid deserved at least an explanation. "I'm going to take this. I'm hungry. Go get more food from your mother." There. it all made sense. Tokyo couldn't get more food - this puppy could. Thus, she deserved it more than he did. Without even caring to see his response, she took a bite and started to wander off deeper into the territory, eating the rabbit oh-so-slowly to savor ever scrap of flesh.

</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Are they shifted? I’ll play it as if Cwmfen were in their optime form. ^=^;;
500+

Cwmfen carried walked silently, carrying the Raven Spear loosely within her hands. She was deep in thought, dwelling upon the events of the past several weeks. It had not been a good several weeks for the warrior, and she did not think that it would be getting any better, either. And she wondered at her gods, and especially her goddess, and she wondered why it had been written this way—Fate, that is. Why was if Fated that the life paths of Corvus and herself should cross again? For several moments (and for the past days) the warrior had struggled with that concept and that idea, but still she could not know. It was the same as the Fate of Bane and Cwmfen: they’re paths had crossed many times, but for what purpose, even she could not yet know. Only her guesses could be permitted, and they were not likely the true intentions of the Gods. At least for now the woad marked fae was safe within these boarders, for the crow-wolf had not yet crossed or approached the boarders of Dahlia de Mai. But she knew that it would not yet be long before something would happen, and so she must act before then.

The woman was snapped from her thoughts as the soft breeze brought to her the scent of one unfamiliar. The warrior’s ears flicked irritably as she paused, scenting that scent and assessing its proximity. And it seemed to the warrior as if this scent had come from somewhere near, from somewhere within the boarders of the pack. And immediately the black fae recalled the Russian boy Nikolai, who had also wandered within the pack boarders. That boy would ever stand within the warrior’s mind as the prime example of idiocy. The warrior had little tolerance for disrespect, and to cross the boarders was to disrespect the pack and thus ever individual that resided within those boarders. So the warrior changed her course, redirecting herself to confront whoever it was that may have been wandering too far within a territory that should not have been.

The Raven crawed noisily as the warrior beneath him traveled as silently as the shadows about her. The Spear’s point was lifted in the air, its blade hungry as it moved. Its song sang quietly and remotely, humming through the warrior’s fingers and through the warrior’s soul. And that trained weapon found the wanderer, and the warrior, the white eyes fierce, barred the other’s path with that Raven blade as her swift traveling came to an abrupt halt. "What are you doing beyond the boarders?" The alto melody sang quietly and, though holding that tranquility of enlightened warriors, bit the air with its ferocity. The warrior could be a timid creature, and she could be kind. But she had little tolerance for such things. Briefly the white orbs flickered over the held carcass before returning to the other’s eyes, the blade brushing against the junction of the neck and shoulders in warning.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
i wasn't sure either and tried to make it ambiguous, hah. shifted works for me. Big Grin

ic -
And suddenly, out of nowhere, a stranger appeared. The dark creature had a weapon, and it terrified Tokyo nearly out of her wits, especially when it when it dipped forward to brush her neck. She reacted instinctively, gathering up every tidbit of body language to scream "please don't hurt me." Her ears fell back, her tail dropped, and her ice blue eyes hit the ground. The looming threat of pain managed to accomplish what words, threats, and societal norms never could. It appeared as though her hands had stretched out automatically, too, offering up the carcass of the rabbit as some form of appeasement... Wait. She could salvage this situation, a little. The girl glanced up nervously to answer the question: "I brought a gift. I'm looking for a home."

Her tail, still hanging low, wagged a little bit. She was trying to be as cute and unimposing as possible, and she thought she wasn't doing too badly. After all, it was how she had she had gotten through most of her life. It was so hard to give away this rabbit, but if she found a pack there would be plenty of food all the time. And plus, the scary bladed thing the other wolf was holding. How did the stranger even use that? It seemed awkward enough to struggle into clothing. Thumbs were seriously weird. Right now she was wearing her one and only dress, a simple green frock that was too small from her, a leftover from her childhood in Jaded Shadows. Tokyo had barely ever shifted during her time up north, but she knew it was more prevalent down here and so was trying to get used to it a little more.

</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I’m going to go ahead and reply, just to keep this thread moving, since it is a joining thread; but Palindrome can come in again any time, ^=^
500+

As the warrior held her there, the smell of fear hit her like a wall. But it wasn’t the sort of fear that accompanied cowards, necessarily, the female decided. It was the sort of fear of one that may simply be facing death. Cwmfen was not a cruel creature, but she was a warrior—Head Warrior—and charged with the protection of the pack. Svara and herself had already been attacked, and with Corvus’ appearance, there was no doubt in her mind that there would be more to come. And perhaps this female was simply ignorant of pack laws, but the laws of the boarder were binding and as basic as it got in a wolf’s instinctual library. Already the black fae had had to deal with the ignorance of wolves. Nikolai, the Russian boy, immediately came to her mind, as he usually did. But Leroy, Svara’s lover, had done the same thing. The warrior had not attacked them, but her tolerance of such things was growing low, and perhaps this female today would be the first to experience what the laws of the pack would move the warrior to do.

But the blue eyed female seemed to realize her mistake, and her posture immediately changed. At least this female had the wisdom to respond in such a way; the two males who had committed the same crime had shown no acknowledgement of their wrongdoing. And perhaps because of this, Cwmfen withdrew her weapon, accepting the submissive behavior with her own raised tail. But her posture was almost relaxed as her tail moved slightly behind her, carving a graceful, sinuous path in the air. The white orbs shifted from the eyes of the other to the outstretched hands which claimed to hold the gift. The warrior considered it for a moment, as if curious. The rabbit was freshly killed, the scent of the blood still warm in the air. But there was another scent on it. The black fae could not recognize it, but she thought that there was a scent that held Dahlia’s unique mark. But then that scent was gone, taken by the wind and covered by the rabbit. Satisfied, the warrior reached out, taking the gift silently in her hand. For a moment, she had wanted to take it with her mouth, but she would not have been able to talk while holding the carcass in such a way.

"Thank you. I accept your gift and appeasement," the alto melody sang formally. Then, she took the time to actually look at this female. (For a warrior, it was easy to see only an enemy.) The girl wore a dress, a thing that Cwmfen could not do, and she wondered what the material felt like. But the curious female refrained from reaching out; perhaps, if they became better acquainted, she would be able to do so. If not, there would be no real loss. The eyes were perhaps the most remarkable with their bright clarity and a blue like a precious stone. "As for a home, Dahlia is still welcoming those who wish to join, should they prove themselves. However, your quest does not excuse you from trespassing beyond the boarders; we do not look kindly on such transgressions." There was an obvious warning held within that soft, amiable melody. "I am Cwmfen nic Graine, Adonis and Head Warrior of Dahlia de Mai." Her introduction required the introduction of the other.

[/html]

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/30hquxt.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #020117;">

Palindrome was shocked as he noticed a female prance up and take his well deserved rabbit. How dare she! How dare she! It angered the little puppy that people thought he could be pushed around like this. He frowned, his face obviously fuming with anger and fury. He was on the verge of hating this woman, just by one glance, for still his rabbit. It didn't make matters any better when another femme showed up, this time smelling of his new pack and high rank. Especially when the hated female gave Cwnfen, the higher ranking wolf, the rabbit. Palindrome gaped, his little mouth forming an 'o'. Fuming with anger, he ssat up and ran toward the female.

Palindrome began thrashing at her, raising his claws at the unknown wolf in a dress. "Mine! Mine! Gimme me rabbit dat I catch!" The Papaver screeched, waving his paws around and hitting them against her. His paws were light, totally harmless, but Palindrome liked to think of himself as a strong warrior in battle, killing the enemy. In this case, this female in the dress was his mortal enemy. Palindrome grew tired after a while, but still thrashed. But, at those few last minutes, he wasn't hitting the femme; he was just bashing at the air. Palindrome collapsed at the ground, sending a glare at his opponet. "Mah momma left me. She gone! I wif Ceres and Slay Slay! No love ferr Pali!" The pup murmured in his horrible English, letting out a cry.

Finally, Palindrome looked over at Cwnfen. His lower lip was trembling and his green orbs searched her white ones. "Mine rabbit! Dress gurl took ett!" He nodded his head once, satisfied with himself.

[/html]
[html]
ooc - 500+ words

Tokyo's body language shouted her relief when the dark warrior removed the weapon and took the gift. Good. Things were going well, and she probably wasn't going to die. She might even end up making this her home - this female seemed far more competent and worthy of being a pack-mate than that idiot on the edges of Phoenix Valley. She paused to arrange her thoughts and had just opened her mouth to speak when that idiotic puppy burst out from the bushes. Tokyo was honestly surprised it was capable of tracking her even the short distance she had gone; all the puppies she'd encountered had been so dumb.

He was yelling a lot, and at the first hit Tokyo flinched re-actively before realizing that he was too young for it to actually hurt. She waited until he was done screaming; he spoke in a puppy-slur, and said a lot of things that didn't really make much sense to the silky femme. The gist of it appeared to be, though, was that he was accusing her of stealing his rabbit. What nonsense. She was careful to let her expression of surprise to slide only into pity and confusion, and not the distaste that she was really feeling. Tokyo shook her head, deciding to respond to the child's words before the adult's - the new situation seemed more imminently threatening, now that weapon wasn't held to throat.

"Poor puppy is just confused, I think. I was just outside the territory" - she was careful to stress that she wasn't hunting on Dahlia's lands - "when the little boy seemed to have startled a rabbit into my path. It had such a lead on him there was no way he could have caught up to it so I killed it." She pointed to the place where she had taken a bite. "I felt bad for him so I let him have a taste, but he was furious when I wouldn't let him have more." Tokyo, for all her failed attempts and manipulating others, was an amazing liar. She had no guilt, not even a thought that she'd be caught in the act - there was no anxious eye-gaze avoidance, no shifting from foot to foot. It helped, too, that she almost completely believed what she said. Sure, right now she knew it wasn't truth, but in a week or two she'd likely remember it the way she told it. Why not? The story made her seem more innocent than she was, but she deserved special treatment, even if not everyone realized this right off the bat.

Lying calmed her, oddly. It was much easier to fabricate stories that made her look like the good guy; telling the truth was dangerous, and meant if you were judged poorly based on it you were really in the wrong. Being chastised for a lie wasn't personal, and you learned from it, did better next time. All nervousness had evaporated from her; she was one hundred percent pure respect and repose. "My name is Tokyo Chance; I was born to a pack in these parts, Jaded Shadows, years back, but have been absent for some time. I only crossed the borders to make sure this rabbit which ran out from your land comes back to the wolves who reside there. How does one prove oneself to Dahlia de Mai?" </style>

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

700+

The whole scene, quite quiet despite the silent warning and submission that had taken place, was shifted with the entrance of the little pup. The warrior was quite taken aback, never expecting that she should encounter one of Dahlia’s pups in this way. Briefly she wondered to whom the little boy belonged, but when the began to yell and attack the trespassing loner, she learned only that the youth was charging the female opposite to her with theft. The white orbs looked up sharply, her smooth tranquility ruffled only by that movement. She had remembered smelling the boy’s scent upon the rabbit, and what the boy said now seemed to make those pieces fall together. A growl was ready within the black fae’s throat as she shot a look at the turquoise eyes that clearly demanded an explanation. And the warrior, who was first a wolf, held a fierce and adamant gaze. And as she was reading the reaction of the female, her gaze was averted by the sudden mention of Cercelee and Slay. Understanding now who this pup must be, the warrior nodded to herself.

She knelt as the other woman spoke, reaching out to grab the pup about his waist. The warrior had never touched a pup before, and she admitted that they were soft and pleasant in her hands and heavier than they looked. But she knew, too, of their tantrums. Although she had just witnessed such behavior, she was ready to believe that the tantrum had been provoked with a reason. She moved the pup gently to stand next to her as she relinquished the carcass to the boy, the white orbs observing the young, green eyes carefully to ascertain the nature of his claim. But she knew neither of the wolves and was not familiar with their habits. She did not know whether this Dahlian pup was accustom to causing trouble in such ways. She had not seen any sort of mendacious gleam within the pup’s eye, but she found none in the other either. Whatever the case, the pup’s troubles at least could be assuaged by her relinquishing of the food. That would have to be enough for now.

"I do not know either well enough to pass judgment on this matter," the alto melody stated with a quiet resolve, "But I will allow your word to be considered; know simply that this pup is under the direct care of the Rosea. Regardless of age and status, he deserves as much respect as I command." The warning that was given to this lone female was quite clear, and the threat behind it was formidable, backed by both the weapon in her hand and the martial experience in her being. "The pup has been given the rabbit; as a member of Dahlia de Mai, he has my first priority." The other female’s story had been believable as well, and her reasoning could not deduce which tale had been true. The warrior, however, was also a creature of instinct, and instinct now gave her a warning tug.

And then the conversation turned to business. "Tokyo Chance," the alto melody greeted, "being born within these lands does not allow you to return once a pack has been disbanded and another born in its place." The woad bound female did not hold such information valuable in the request to join, though she did find it interesting on a personal level. Yet, as a warrior the female was easily able to separate the two spheres of mind, just as she could differentiate friend from enemy even if they would prove to be the same individual. "In Dahlia, just as in every pack, you prove yourself through loyalty. This means that you must also carry your weight within the pack, carrying out duties that are required of you. By joining, you pledge your loyalty to the pack and to the leadership that runs the pack. You pledge your loyalty to every member, giving respect to all—even to pups." The white orbs looked down at the young one—Pali, he had said his name was (though she was sure it was short for some other name). Her gaze was softened, knowing that this pup would grow to one day help to lead either Dahlia or the world. It was the promise within all pups. Returning her gaze to Tokyo, she said, "Are you still interested in joining?"

[/html]