nobody tells you where to go
Character Name: Miriette morte dre Soul
Character Birthdate (including year): May 7 2008
Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Species: Wolf/Coyote Hybrid
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM: Iskata Sadira
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I live here.

IC

Miriette was no fool though at times one would think otherwise. The young ebony woman with the golden highlights had found herself on the outskirts of the packlands. She hadn't spoken with her siblings about what she was planning to do, but when she'd seen the greyscale male with the hints of tan in his fur she'd known that the search had ended. She'd waited til he'd left to exploring the area where he'd been and the scent had given her all the verification that she'd never. He may have earned more scars overtime but she would never forget that day nor the murderer. Now all that was left was to exact the revenge that had been a long time coming,

She played with some of the beadwork that had been placed in her long mane as she paced back and forth along the edge of the lands. She'd never had to act for acceptance into a pack and though she knew how it worked she was a long way from home and didn't know if things worked the same way here. She assumed they would but she wouldn't know until she tried. Lifting her slim muzzle to the moon above she gave out the call asking for one of the pack to join her. Why she'd thought that joining the pack was the smart thing to do one could only guess, but she had to look out for herself, and if in the process it put her just where she wanted to be then that was a grand thing indeed.

silvery grey orbs shone softly in the light of the brilliant moon that stood overhead. She could only hope that her siblings would realize the reasoning for the choice she was making now. It was for all of them, if they wished to join her then she would be thatmuch closer to putting an end to an unfinished chapter in their history. That was almost enough to wash away the nervous feelings that were fluttering around in her body. Over and over she kept trying to tell herself to relax, only hoping that the packmate that came to her call wouldn't be the bastard that had destroyed their little world the past summer.
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table2.png); width: 500px; height: 454px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 75px; width: 260px; height: 360px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #34776E; scrollbar-highlight-color: #34776E; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #709A70; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-shadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-arrow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-track-color: #709A70">

!! out of character.

Let me show you the wonders of life

Whinifred sat against a tree making more arrows when she heard the deafening sound of a wolfs howl. Musing on the noise fred got to her feet and pulled her bow on her shoulder while the arrows were on a case also hanging at her shoulder. All of the items proved her craftmens ship with leather and wood. As she moved from her spot she couldn't help but wonder why some one was calling at the border so late at night. A long blonde braid teased her tail bone as she walked closer to the where the howl had originated from. She had thought to cut the long hair, but in the end had kept it.

Strawberry blonde women moved gracefully until she could see the women. She was older then Fred and much darker in color. Of course she was also bigger then her. If anything Fred wasn't known for being a large she wolf. Small and puggy would be a better way to describe the young french women. Moving out from the shadow of the tree she spoke up. "Bonjour Madame. What may I ask did you need?" Her voice was deeply accented and a small grin tilted the corner of her mouth

[/html]
Miriette's eyes danced as she watched the small form of the brown bat scuttle and dive in the air above. The soft sounds it emitted were soft on her ears as moment by moment the tiny beast was ridding the world of the insects that pestered the lot of them. She didn't quite understand why the bat had attached itself to her after she'd freed the critter when she'd startled a feline away that had managed to catch the swift winged rat. Her fangs glittered lightly as she traced the bats movements in the sky with one paw lazily as she hummed a little ditty to herself and tried to walk atop an old fallen tree, her balance excellent from the moons of tumbling and practice she'd managed to put in when she could. There were no reasons for the daringly strange hobbies she picked up, always her answer was just because.

Her slim figure slide off the treetrunk as she caught the scent of an approaching stranger. Long limbs like a coyote and the build as well she was blessed to atleast look more wolfish than coyote in every other aspect. A thick plush pelt of ebony with the sparkle of gold was always groomed and well cared for, the woman was vain about her good looks though her attitude and display to the outer world was that of a carefree self motivated young thing. Her silvery grey eyes flicked to the form of the woman as she finally made her appearance. "Ello. Der be a pack ere? I wish to join, yes?" A dashing smile appeared on her lips as she made her approach to where the woman stood, her every move very much that of a soul confident and at home in the body gifted to them.
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table2.png); width: 500px; height: 454px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 75px; width: 260px; height: 360px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #34776E; scrollbar-highlight-color: #34776E; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #709A70; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-shadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-arrow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-track-color: #709A70">

!! out of character.

Whinnie smiled at the women. "I can't accept you, but I'm sure one of the leaders will show up." She said slightly embarrassed. Looking to the side she tried not to think about Lysander as she stood there with the women. The women was dark furred and seemed to speak either another language or be slow with english. Curiosity got the better of her. "Do you speak french Mademoiselle?" She asked, almost hopeful that she could speak her native tongue.

Kneeling down in respect to the females wolf form she put her bow down next to her side. It was in reach of her hand if she needed it. Fred wasn't about to say she didn't have trust issues. Though the strawberry blonde women also had issues with being alone. "May I ask where you come from?" She asked with her blue and green eyes questioning.

[/html]
ooc: She's actually in her were form.

ic:

Miriette was not amused when the lady that greeted her let up on the simple fact that she was not a leader or in any state to accept her into the pack. She tilted her head to the side, the look on her face showing that she was not impressed with the rank nor the appearance of the lower ranked woman. Her brows furrowed together as she announced. "Den why you comes when I call?" The irritated words spoken with a toss of her head, her long mane cast over her shoulder as she eyed the woman, wondering if she just liked to be the center of attention or if she really was just that addle minded.

When the woman questioned her on the speech Miriette sighed, she was trying to fit into this strange world and everyone she'd met so far spoke more English than anything else. So much time spent stumbling her way through conversations in the second language and now she was asked to speech her native one. The girl couldn't help it as her ears flicked back, her eyes searching the other woman before she finally let go of her suspicions. "oui, je parle français, pourquoi ?" her words showing her impatience at having to answer the questions of the packmate when she wasn't even the one that the raven hued girl had called.

Whinifred bowed to her and she straightened up rather quickly. She didn't want to have to deal with this but atleast the other woman had decided to show some sense. She crossed her arms as she studied the lady, the sound of the bat flitting about overhead easing her mind slightly until the golden woman started in with more questions. She huffed in annoyance and shook her head. Instead of answering her question she asked one of her own. "Quel est votre nom ?" She sighed softly as she realized she was letting her lack of patience get the best of her. "I'm Miriette.." Her tail still flicked back and forth with annoyance as she waited. If the woman wasn't going to accept her then where was the one that was able to...
[html]

!! out of character.

Whinnie had not expected such rudeness from the women. Of course it didn't surprise her that the other was French. The friendly smile that had harbored her face before dropped to show a serious blank stare. The women was lucky that she wasn't speaking to Jefferson in such a way. Je suis venu parce que je pense qu'il serait impoli de vous laisser seul à la frontière. Fred said with a face that showed her lack of amusement. Apparemment, j'ai eu tort et vous avez laissé à la pourriture. She said with narrowed eyes. The women was rude to be so lacking in respect. Fred was part of this pack what ever her rank was. "You'd be best to not talk to the others the way you did to me, and my Name is Whinifred you can call me Whinnie or Fred." She said it now with dejection as she pulled her bow higher on her shoulder, pissed and wanting to leave the female to rot until one of the two leaders happened to be free.

[/html]
Miriette was not surprised that the female had suddenly turned into such a bitch when confronted with such a simple fact. She raised a brow at the woman as her retort came to surface. There was nothing but sweet silence between the two until Miriette burst out laughing at the pathedic answer granted to her. "Apparemment vous vous êtes trompés. Si vous voudriez me quitter pour pourrir toujours, je l'apprécierais." A sweet smile was issued to the annoying lady who seemed to think that she needed to be friends with the dark hued stranger.

When the lady seemed to think that Miriette needed some advice she watched the woman with cold silvery eyes as she nodded cooly at the golden lady and smiled sweetly. "They are not you, yes? They has no worries." Miriette didn't need any friends and she didn't want this woman trying to become her friend. Brushing her off now was about the best thing she could do for the woman, and if the lady took the hint it would be one of the best things that had happened lately for Miri, though she doubted the nosy little bitch was going to take the hint.

Tossing her hair with a brilliant smile the woman raised her shoulders in a display that showed just how much she didn't care. "I don'ts care." her smile stayed on her lips as she read the show of dislike on the other woman, yet it seemed that she was just gonna keep trying.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

For the record, it is preferred for leaders to be actually summoned by a howl or whatnot by the packmember who came across the joiner, rather than "waiting around". I was waiting for that, but am jumping in now anyway.

How strange that he came upon them that day, brushing past and meeting merely in passing; it was obvious that Whinifred had stumbled on some sort of stranger at their borders, and from what Jefferson quietly observed in the short time spent standing at a distance, the two evidently were not matching up well. No call for his presence had been sounded, no level of alert seemed to be necessary in the situation, but regardless of it all, the one-armed Luperci patiently stepped closer, speaking as he approached. "I don't know what the hell you two are saying," he said nonchalantly, looking between them, "but whatever it is, it had better stop. Both of you."

It was at this point that Jefferson decided to take a better look at their black-furred visitor. She certainly didn't look familiar; the girl had a sharpness to her that seemed vaguely appropriate in a fashion he couldn't quite explain, not to mention a scent that startled him when it entered his system. She smelled of something familiar, even if she did not quite look it, and thus the cyclops decided she might have been just another distant family member to add up to the unending number he already possessed. "Whinifred." The Patriarch's green eye shifted to the august girl, curls and all. "Care to explain what's going on here a little more... carefully?" Doubtless that he was uninterested and unimpressed. His eye distanced, meandering the area even if his attention was meant to be pointed at them. His tone was redirected at the stranger, however. "I'm Jefferson... the leader here."

[/html]
[html]

!! sorry didn't know.

The women had irritated Whinifred. She let her face stay static and lacking in concern. Her arms crossed over her ample breasts and she shifted to one side. "It's not for me to tell you to leave, but I can see who's ass you are ready to kiss and who's you aren't" Fred said sourly her blue eyes narrowed and showing how pissed she was at the female. Ever since she had arrived she had been kind and happy to talk to her, but the women had been nothing but a bitch. So in this situation the french women wasn't afraid to do tit for tat.

Jeffersons enterance was perfect, his words not so much. Did he hate her or something? Narrowed blue eyes turned on him. She and he had never really found a middle ground, not that he was all that helpful. à la mauvaise, vous ne pouvez pas parler monsieur Jefferson. Parce que je veux vous dire à vous piquer un à mon côté, mais pas comme cela, elle diable ici" Her words were coming out from her irritation, not that he wasn't a prick in her side.

Sighing she pushed her braid over her shoulder again surprised it had found it's way there again. "Desole Monsieur. This female has come to seek a place in the pack, but from what I have deduced her manners to not carry over to members of the pack that aren't important in her opinion." Fred said lowly. Moving away from the black female Whinnie nodded to the leader in respect, before looking back at the other female. "Desole. I wished I could have been of more use." Her words were directed to her leader as she looked at him again, no respect or patience for the female within her.

[/html]
She was growing tired of the foolish girl that stood before her and she was just about to say so when a second figure showed up on the scene. She startled at his voice and when she turned and caught sight of the male her eyes flashed as she recognized the murdering bastard before her. Her heckles began to rise almost instantly but the woman quickly tried to regain herself as she ran a hand through her golden highlights, before tossing her hair and clearing her throat.

Finally she believed that she was in control again as she bowed her head slightly to the leader before her eyes darted back to the woman who seemed to be casting her frustration of having to deal with Miriette at the leader before her. By his own words he admitted that he had no clue what was being said between the woman and it seemed the packmate liked to use that as her shield to say what she wanted of the world. Too bad there was a free and able translator present now that wouldn't mind ruining the girl's day from time to time. Though Miri herself had no respect for the bastard either she could fake her life in the pack just like slipping into a second skin.

Flashing a little smile at Whinifred she said softly. "Et vous vous demandez pourquoi je n'ai aucun respect pour vous ?" before turning her attention back to the man that had presented himself as leader. She didn't want anything more than to tear the male's throat out but instead she spoke civilly, there was always time for warfare later. "Miriette.." she turned her head to the side for a second as she tried to piece together the words she was looking for in her broken English. "I call for leader.. She came instead." she said. Her eyes flashing towards the golden woman who hadn't left yet.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry, I forgot this is a joining thread. >_<

Jefferson's scowl of inevitable disapproval only lengthened at the continued French exchange and the fact that he understood none of it, not to mention the fact that the two women were rather immaturely snapping at each other. Whinifred muttered something directly to him in French that, judging by her tone and expression, he clearly would not have liked should it be translated. His expression and stance stiffened bitterly. As they continued to argue, the one-eyed brute sighed and rolled his eye, simply waiting until they were done with their little conflict before he could try and get another word in. His underling, now putting on some sort of innocent air, didn't appease him in the least. "Fuck off, Whinifred. Go find something to do." He replied bitterly, eye flashing. He didn't understand what she'd said to him in French--but he did know that he didn't trust her, nor much like her at all, and would have rathered she'd never shown up at all.

Green eye returning to the stranger, his expression and mood did not change or soften. "As for you, you shouldn't be mouthing off to my members if you expect to impress us enough to stay here. I don't know why I shouldn't send you packing right here and now." His brow raised, implying that it was up to her if she wanted to stay now, but if so, she'd better get to impressing him soon.

[/html]
[html]

!! sorry didn't know.

The males words were nasty and made her gaze drop. Why was he always such a bastard to her! She hadn't done anything to him! If he didn't like french she'd give him english. "You first Jefferson." She said lightly, his words had hurt her. She had just come to meet a women at the border and got nothing but nasty comments. Sometimes she really hated this pack. Not even looking at the women as she moved past the male who would most likely make sure she regreted that last remark. Whatever.

The small french women moved from them. It would make her day if he would get that pole out of his ass. Grumbling she felt embarrassed and useless. This would teach her to greet people at the border again. Sitting down at a tree a long way from where they were out of sight out of mind. Drawing her knees up to her chest the young girl couldn't help but think that Jefferson made the back stabbing dumb ass Lysander look like a saint.

[/html]
The midnight lady watched the cloud settle over the obvious leader, and her father, as Whinifred had went on her spell in French. Miriette flicked her ears back as she studied the male quietly, not even bothering to throw a smug smirk at the other woman as she was tossed off to the side by Jefferson. While Miriette was glad that there was now one less figure that she had to impress she still realized that the other was lingering in the background. She turned her focus back to Jefferson, his words she realized her now meant for her.

The snap that she'd been granted she figured that she deserved in one way or another, though she didn't exactly apologize to the male she furrowed her brows and glanced down to the ground beneath her feet as she tried to come up with some sort of explanation. "Not use to others. Always brothers and self. They too busy for Miri nows." She hated how her broken English made her seem weak, she'd worked on learning the language but her accent tended to get in the way and she didn't know enough to made her words flow fluently.

Stamping one small paw she sighed in frustration as she tried again. "I know hunt and track. Can teach.." She doubted that the male cared if she could teach him to speak or understand French but it was a try. Her one floppy ear flicked towards where the other woman sat as her ears drew that direction for a moment. She had no clue what it was like to live in a pack. Her shoulders dropped as she shook her head and admitted. "I knows neethings bouts life in pack." She felt stupid and helpless now. Perhaps coming and looking for the rapist and murderer had been the wrong decision.
[html]

I think Whinifred can drop out if Syd wants to. Will close it after my next post either way. Smile

The cyclops wasn't sure whether or not he should be more intrigued by this stranger, but he was not. Other than the eerily familiar scent she carried and a face that vaguely reminded him of someone he knew, Jefferson had no real interest in more French-speaking troublemakers that he would have to deal with. For the most part, she was at least more open to he than Whinifred had been at their borders, and for that he was grateful. His temper needn't flare up any further if that was the case. The fact that she resembled some sort of family--one way or another--told him that she had every right to stay, and that with such broken English, wandering as a loner might have ended up hazardous for the girl. She mentioned brothers who left her behind--he scoffed, thinking of the dead Laruku--but nodded his head patiently. "Your brothers? Where are they? Where are you from?" He asked, curious of her situation. "I don't think I even caught your name."
[/html]
She knew that it wasn't smart to lie to the male as it seemed that he was the leader. If she could get her fangs into the character that forgot to mention that the one eyed male just so happened to be in charge of the pack they'd sent her off to find she would. Instead for now she was going to keep her story as close to the truth as possible, without giving herself away. She lowered her gaze from the male after she'd finished speaking, waiting to see if she would be thrown back into the wilds or if he thought there was any way to civil the child before him.

Her head lifted slightly when he spoke, her silvery eyes, the orbs that belonged to her grandmother, stole a glance at the face of the male that was suppose to be her father, but even now she would never call him that or believe that he could ever truly be anything more than a murderer to her. How he'd risen to lead a pack was beyond her, but perhaps the ability to kill was required of a leader in these parts. Soon enough she'd be able to figure things out but for now she just had to get in.

She glanced to the side, sighing softly at the questions she'd been asked. "We travel together, times they stop coming to den. Maybe find own pack.." she furrowed her brows in annoyance as she shook her head, the jewels, feathers and bits of beadwork in her mane clicking softly. It was true that the boys often didn't return to the temporary den that they'd first stayed at but like she felt about their duty the others were probably just searching to and fro, up and down for the man who was more beast than anything.

"Come from north?" she said, though doubtful. She wasn't exactly sure how far they'd come but the movement of the coast in these area was strange and though walking it for a long time she'd found herself turned almost every direction by the time they'd arrived in the territories. She raised her eyes up to look at him once more, the confusion of the question showing, yet there was one that she could tell him without trying to think up a lie or trying to show as little detail as she could, being raised speaking French had it's own little advantages here that she had never thought of.

"I, Miriette.." she said as she straightened up, proud of her name even if the whole world she'd left behind knew her to be nothing more than a bastard git. The product of rape and a scar to the happy life the people who had taken them in lived.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... sdfdsf.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He observed her carefully, as if there was plenty to be suspected of her, but she acted nonchalant and soft-spoken to the point where he could make no final conclusion on her. She had no specific purpose for being there--only to live, it seemed--while openly leaving her brothers to do as they wished. He shrugged, finding no real reason to pull any more answers from her that he didn't need. "Miriette..." He said slowly, as if analyzing the name. "...Nice name." That said, the Patriarch's green eye shifted away. He didn't apologize for Whinifred, he didn't make any promises, he just began to walk away. "All right, you can stay as a Loas for now. You can move up in time." He shrugged as he went. "Don't get in trouble."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.