Whispers To The World
[html]
Character Name Calista-Marie Sebright
Character Birthdate (including year) April 5, 2007
Luperci? Naw
Species Canis Latrans
Gender She-yote
AIM afrolicaholic

She sat still like a painted figure in Inferni's darkening woodland backdrop. The gray sky sung bass notes that rolled out across the landscape to instill any heart within a twenty mile radius with powerful vibrations. Calista-Marie purred quietly under her breath every time the thunder injected its roar in her vessels.
For much of the evening she stayed like that, perfectly peaceful beneath the leaf-smelling drizzle dripping endlessly from the canopy. Her only concern were the vitriolic residents of the territory she sat on the edge of. From earlier meanderings she discovered several large canine skeletons, she guessed wolf, atop jagged poles stabbed in the ground. Each time she saw one of the hostile "flags" an excited thrill coursed through her veins just like a boom of thunder.
Calista-Marie's healthy dose of respect for the mysterious coyotes only added to the curiosity. The wet she-coyote quietly obsessed over the life of a clan coyote, as the thunder urged her obsession on with rumbling whispers.
[/html]
[html]

Siobhan was happy to be out of the den that she had shared with Zana, Gabriel, and Ezekiel. She did enjoy talking to the large hybrid whenever he had the chance, but she was more interested in just living with Zeke by himself. They had travelled together for a while when he had brought her to Souls to begin with, and it was with him that she was the most comfortable. She felt like she could tell him anything and that he would understand and try to help.

The shifted female walked through the mud with a slight distaste, surveying the damage that it had done to her white feet with eyes the color of garnets. Mud was very hard to get out of fur that was purely white. It seemed as if the storms weren't going to stop yet, like she had hoped, and as she entered the borders of Inferni it was beginning to start up again, small droplets spraying her.

She could see something in the distance, against the horizon, and she squinted, trying to get a better look. Was it a trick? A tree or some woodland creature? Maybe it was the wolf that Gabriel had warned them all about. Her heart thudded a little faster in her chest at that thought; Siobhan was a rather small coyote. Ezekiel was starting to train her in fighting, but he'd still told her that the best thing to do in a fight with something bigger was to run away.

She approached quietly, feet squishing in the mud, a small frown on her face. It wasn't a wolf, but that didn't mean that the creature wouldn't try to attack her. She cleared her throat, speaking. "What are you doing here, at Inferni's border?"
[/html]
[html]
There was no way to tell if what she seeing was reality or hallucination. It was some white creature, small and thin like a wisp of bright smoke, coming towards her at a cautious speed. That wasn't the strange part. What Calista didn't understand was the two-legged stance on which it seemed to dance in the mud. Or maybe it wasn't dancing, the coyote had yet a mammal to compare to this mini ghost-like thing that magically balanced on two legs. She wracked her brain for an explanation, but thus far in the stranger's approach ("it" was about thirty paces away) Calista could only conjure the memory of a curious black bear standing on its hind legs momentarily to sniff her scent. Nothing out of ordinary there, but this scenario was much different... to the point of freakishness.

With the final few steps closing between them, Calista slipped back a few paces and resettled her bottom in the mud. The surprise on her face was only hinted in a nervous, awkward grin and when it spoke she jumped a little. Tingles dug their sharp little fingernails in her spine and momentarily distracted her from giving a reply as she caught a glimpse of unearthly red eyes: a sharp contrast to the crystalline blue stare of her own. "I was looking for, uh..." Her voice sounded unsure, hesitant, "some coyotes." Calista was uncertain whether she'd finally found one of the coyotes or not.
[/html]
[html]

She had grown up knowing that she would someday shift into a taller, two-legged form. It was one of the few things that her mother had actually taught her. The first time she'd had to shift it had hurt quite a bit, though, and that was a feeling that she would never forget. It was possible for a wolf or coyote to shift back and forth once or twice in a twenty-four hour time span, sometimes more times than that, but Siobhan tried not to shift if she didn't have to. It no longer pained her to do it like it had in the past, but there was a particular uncomfortable feeling that often accompanied the change.

Ah, so she was looking for coyotes. But what was Calista planning on doing when she found them? Siobhan crossed her arms, trying to look more imposing. "Well, you have found them. Was there someone you wanted to see? I am Siobhan...a member here."
[/html]
[html]
It wasn't everyday an impish, bipedal creature tried to hold authority over Calista. Either way, she respected the ghostly girl but it wasn't entirely genuine, mostly just a byproduct of shock and awe. "I'm Calista. This clan's contents are a complete mystery to me. I'm just looking for someone who can help me shimmy in'tween your ranks." She paused a moment and figured she better give a reason before continuing, "I sought your clan purposefully- for safety and peace of mind -for my family was massacred by territorial rivals..." She paused as she clenched and unclenched her jaws at the torture of the reminder, "Wolves." Hopefully Siobhan would not look passed the fearful desperation in the gypsy's eyes. Calista thought quietly to herself, I still have so much life left to live before I am just a saggy sack of old tired bones.[/html]
[html]
Please edit the words "leader needed" into the subtitle of this thread ^^

Siobhan wasn't from these lands either, originally, but she knew that some of her family members had come from this area. Voltaire had, apparently...her grandfather. She didn't know the extent of her lines, if she had actual relatives left in Souls, but she hadn't done much digging on the subject either.

"Those kinds of things have happened here before, too. But our leader Gabriel has formed a pact with the wolves...to keep them at bay, I think." She would have to find out more about the surrounding packs and visit them more to find out about whether that pact still stood. "I will have to call for one of them, the leaders. I can't accept you myself" She lifted her head, letting out a yipping howl.
[/html]
[html]

At the call, Gabriel turned sharply and began to head back the way he had come. It had been a few days since his son had come to Inferni so broken and battered, and he had been thankful Corona had done as much as she had. Though Ezekiel could not move comfortably yet, he was reading medical textbooks and resting. There was mild comfort in having his son at home again, though the condition was less then desirable for this. He found Siobhan and an unfamiliar coyote at the border. “Yes?”

[/html]
[html]
She nodded knowingly to the pretty pearly-furred, demon-eyed gal. She quietly wondered why Siobhan was uncertain of the pact, hence the little one's use of the words 'I think' but that could all be straightening out once Gabriel was here.
Siobhan's high-pitched beckoning put a smile on her own face. She expected to fill their wait time with small talk, but the imposing leader appeared quickly. He was a scarred and battered looking thing as if he'd won a galaxy's worth of fights. She momentarily dipped her tan silky head and shut both blue eyes in recognition of his automatic power. She answered his simple question, "The sight of wolf skulls around your perimeters soothes my pained heart. Rather recently, wolves murdered my only family just so they could lay claim to our small stretch of forest. Perhaps it was fate for me to escape, to be left with nothing, so to lure me here and start anew. Do you think so?" She asked because, after all, her fate had placed itself in the man's paws.
[/html]
[html]

Siobhan did feel a lot of respect for Gabriel, and showed it by stepping to the side and dipping her head in a quick, unspoken greeting. He was Ezekiel's father, for one, and Ezekiel was the most important coyote in her life. And second, he was the leader here and had been for a while. Everyone listened to him and obeyed what he told them. She'd never been in a real pack or clan before coming to Inferni, but Gabriel was a very commanding figure that spoke very wise words and he made it easy for her to follow him.

She sat back to watch the exchange between the leader and the newcomer curiously, tail twitching. This was the first time she'd seen the joining process, and it was rather interesting.
[/html]
[html]

She had seen the truth of the world. The monsters out there were flesh and blood, and they were the stuff of fang and claw. Gabriel had learned that lesson early on in life. He had learned it the day a stranger had rushed out of the sand and ripped his brother’s arm off. He had learned it staring into Baneesh’s eyes and listening to his screams. “Everything happens for a reason,” the doggish male offered. “This is Inferni. If you intend to stay here, I’ll need your name, and anything you think worthwhile.” She had survived this long; that much was a given.

[/html]
[html]
The ivory statue was transfixed on the darker pair as the scarred mutt stated the conditions. Pleased with the simplicity of the joining process, Calista replied very confidently and gravely for such a sweet-looking gal, "Calista-Marie, a servant to any task you ask- virtuous or not. Hell-bent on safeguarding the homelands. I'd rather die than lose my home and loved ones again." She nodded firmly and searched for approval in Gabriel's demeanor.
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.