thread title missing
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
800+

The rain drizzled noisily against the overhang that the Aatte kid was taking shelter beneath. Once again he had made the trek to the city. Ever since finding out that his mothers had separated home didn't feel much like home anymore. It didn't have that same feeling of comfort and warmth that it once did. Everything just felt wrong now and he had no idea how to fix it. Even though Crimson Dreams had lost some of its appeal, he couldn't imagine living anywhere else. It was home. His mothers were there, his siblings were there. No where else had that. Haven was just lost and didn't know where to go or what to do.

So he came here. It certainly wasn't warm and inviting, but at least it was an escape. Somewhere that the loss of his perfect image of his family wasn't so haunting. The shifted youth sat with his back against the building, fingers idly picking out a tune on his guitar. Jade eyes stared out into the curtain of rain, not focused on anything in particular. Even playing his guitar didn't help sometimes. Kind of like right now. The hybrid heaved a deep sigh.

"What's the problem kid?"

Haven jumped at the voice that didn't appear to have an owner. That was one problem about the rain. It made it hard to smell. His head darted around, trying to see who had talked to him, but to no avail. "Up here." The young wolf stuck his head out from the shelter and rain hit him in the face, but he finally saw the male who had spoken. He was a coyote wearing a coat and a hat and had something tied around his eyes. "Oh, uh, just have a lot on my mind." He didn't feel like divulging his family problems onto this stranger. He looked quizzically up at the coyote. "You could come down here if you want, get out of the rain." The coated man looked down at him (at least he thought he was). "Fine up here." The coyote's voice was rough, and his tone never changed.

The Aatte boy sat back against the hard wall, wiping the rain from his face. "You live here? In the city I mean." "Yes. For now." Isn't a very talkative guy, is he? He frowned slightly, but then a question came to him. He wasn't sure where it came from, or why he suddenly cared. But the jumbling up of his family somehow had him interested. "Um, you wouldn't happen to know a male named Conri Church, would you? I think he lives around here." Haven had spent most of his life ignoring the existence of the man he shared blood with, but now he wanted answers. He knew he wouldn't get them from either of his mothers. "Don't know him. Looking for him." "Looking for him? Why?" "He's a criminal. Raped a woman and might have murdered others."

The boy's blood ran cold. "Rape...?" He had an idea what it might be, but he hoped it was wrong. "Forced himself on her. Sexually." Haven's mouth hung open. That was what they had meant when they said he was sick? That? Where he found the strength to ask more questions, he didn't know. "Does...does she live in Crimson Dreams?" There was a slight pause. "Yes."

Suddenly his world was spinning around him. He was going to be sick. Unsteadily he got to his feet, grabbing his guitar and shoving it in its case. "I gotta go." "You ok kid?" "Yeah...yeah I'm fine..." He wasn't fine. He was as far from fine as he could possibly be. The lanky youth stumbled out into the rain, guitar in hand. A rapist. He was the son of a rapist.

He didn't make it too far before he really did get sick, the contents of his stomach spilling out onto the wet concrete. He looked so much like his father. The resemblance was almost eerie. What did his mother think whenever she saw her son? Did she see him? Did she think of what he had done to her? Gods. This was too much. He couldn't handle this. The luperci ran into the nearest building. It reeked of alcohol. He saw an empty bottle laying on the floor and he picked it up as he set his guitar down.

Was he capable of that? He had the same blood. He looked the same. A deep anger welled up in his chest like none he had ever felt before. Hot tears streamed down his face and let out a scream as he threw the bottle against the wall, the glass shattering. He sunk down to the floor, sobbing. He was the son of a monster. Through bleary eyes he saw a full bottle that looked like the one he had drank with his uncle. Reaching out he took off the top and drank long and hard. The burn felt good and he didn't want to think about any of this anymore. He wanted to be numb. He wanted to be alone.

Haven Aatte began to climb into the bottom of the bottle with no intention of climbing back out.

[/html]