as tomorrow fades away
The world was starting to think that perhaps it was time to heat up but it was a slow and teasing process. Firefly was not one who liked to wait on things and so like always she'd jumped into the change head first. The waters were cold but the woman didn't care. There was very little she actually cared about at this moment in time. Her heart was beginning to turn, her loyalty to the pack crumbling. The wash of the waves over her body shattered her thoughts as she began to adjust to the bitter temperatures. With each crash against her form her thoughts that may have been building were washed away. She was coming to the end of one long road and yet she didn't know which way her new path would take her.. or which she wanted to test.

She began to move back in closer to the shore, knowing that the currents could pull her out further into the bay if she wasn't careful. The clouds were beginning to build up overhead, warning her of the possibility of an approaching storm. She couldn't smell the rain in the air for the fact that the scent of salt was overpowering everything but it didn't matter.

Ducking down under the water the Solum of the pack let the harsh freezing water take her in as she slowly came back to the surface. Stroke by stroke the woman moved closer to land but her paws could barely touch the sandy bottom of the bay in her luperci form. She sighed and pushed forward again, knowing that sooner than later she'd have to return to dry land and to the packlife that was now so bittersweet.
[html]
ooc -
rawr, sorry for delay! busy weekend. 300+ words

ic -
Tokyo had spent a lot of time near the ocean since she had joined Dahlia de Mai. In fact, she had even claimed a den just over a hill where the sparkling blue would greet her first thing in the morning. In all of her northern wanderings, this was one of the things that she had missed the most: the ocean, the sight of water drifting out forever towards the horizon. It was.. magnificent. Awe-inspiring, even. This coast didn't quite live up to her memories of the coastline of her childhood, but in a rare instance of self-awareness Tokyo realized this was probably just the years of desire building her memories up into something realistically unattainable.

She approached the ocean, stopping just as the smallest tendrils of water came up to lick her feet. Her simple green dress was already damp from the moist winds; she peeled it off and tossed it onto a rock a little further from the shoreline. She was shivering; it was damn near frigid. Tokyo rubbed her hands on her upper arms, trying to warm her skin beneath her silky fur with friction. Distracted by the temperature, the girl didn't notice the presence of another until the stranger was fairly close. For a brief moment, she panicked and wanted to run back and grab her dress. But why did nudity matter in shifted form? Others at the meeting had attended in just fur. Squinting, she attempted identification. She thought it looked like the female that had caused a stir at the recent pack meeting, but the overwhelming salt didn't allow a definite conclusion.

Interesting. Tokyo was curious about what exactly that whole situation had been about. She tried to tell herself that it was a self-preserving curiosity; she needed to know what exactly got you into trouble with the pack so she could avoid doing that, or at least go to extra lengths not to be caught for a similar crime. Honestly, though, it was mostly just that Tokyo adored gossip. It was just so fascinating figuring out what was going on in people's private lives. She wasn't sure exactly how to start a conversation; the other was still sort of far out to sea. The light colored wolf waded in until the ocean hit her hips, and she stuck an arm up towards the sky and waved at the stranger. Just a friendly greeting - not a beckon or "come-hither" command.

</style>

[/html]
Firefly hadn't expected to be found swimming in the bay, and she really hadn't expected the stranger to join her in the frigid waters. The lazy wave of the other woman caught her attention as she tread water in the deeper part of the bay for a moment, wondering if she really wanted to subject herself to another packmembers. She figured that the others had already told this stranger all about all the wicked and horrible things she'd committed and now the woman was here to gawk at the lady who had upset the pack and done things unthinkable. No one ever said the fierce Sadira woman cared for the rest of the world, but it seemed just today she'd give the stranger what she wanted, whatever that might be.

Sighing to herself as she gritted her teeth the woman's long arms made little work of the distance as she swam back into the shallow waters. Moving against the currents that were tugging to and fro at her body she stepped up before the other woman and studied her for a second, one hand resting on her hip as she tossed her damp curly locks of hair off her shoulder. "Yes?" she asked simply, the Solum had come when she'd been called just like a good little doggie.
[html]
ooc -
gah, i hate being sick. -sneeze- 346 words

ic -
Tokyo felt awkward, standing there just waiting for the other to come back to shore. She didn't know where to rest her frosty blue eyes; she tried to glance around, but felt weird looking in any other direction, like she wasn't paying attention to the stranger's arrival. So she tried watching her approach, but it felt like she was staring too intently, so the light female focused instead on the water immediately before her. It was clear, and she could see bits of weeds floating by. After a few seconds, tiny fish began darting again, having accepted her legs simply as new items of their environment. Tokyo glanced up again, and there she was, requesting a reason for the summons.

For a moment, the new Dahlian couldn't find any words. This other female was pretty. Like, seriously so. She hadn't really gotten a good look at her during the pack meeting, but in the bright sun and with her tossing her hair over her shoulder, the realization was unavoidable. Definitely as pretty as Tokyo herself; maybe even more. It was weird, and a bit unsettling. She shook her head a little, once again feeling overwhelmingly awkward and again a little nervous about her lack of dress. Tokyo felt a serious desire to be liked by this alluring stranger.

"Um, I just thought I should introduce myself. I'm Tokyo Chance, I joined pretty recently." That sounded stiff and overly formal. It was a dumb reason to initiate conversation with anyone, especially when they were otherwise occupied like this girl had been with swimming. She hurried on, more words spilling out in her attempt to rectify the situation. "I saw you at the meeting, I thought it was really cruel the way they turned you away like that." She had absolutely no understanding of the situation, but her allegiance was easily given. After all, she had no particular connection to the white female that had turned this one away and Tokyo was naturally drawn towards those on the edges of a society. They were, on average, far more fascinating.
</style>

[/html]
Firefly wasn't impressed to be called back to the shore by another that she didn't know. She listened because she figured that word would get back to the masses if she misbehaved and so she'd rather keep out of sight and out of mind than cause a stir. She waited before the other woman who was unusually beautiful as she seemed to fumble for the words that were needed to strike up a conversation. She held her breath a moment as the other woman finally seemed to get a grip on herself, though it made Firefly wonder just what her problem was.

When the words finally flowed into the air between them Firefly nodded quietly a moment before she finally gave in and let the woman know her name. It wasn't like it wasn't going to be long before she heard the stories anyways. "I'm Firefly Sadira, and I've been here way to long.." So long now that she was almost ready to give up the ghost of the pack and move on. She lingered in limbo for her own silly notions and though getting to say her goodbyes to the boys was enough reason for her to stay for the moment if she wasn't granted that little bit she knew she would just pass out of their lives like a spirit and let them belong to the pack like the pack wanted it to be.

Her own thoughts were interrupted by a sour note the woman spoke of, Firefly's eyes flashed as she couldn't help the slight growl that rose in her voice. She shook her head at the words of the woman and laughed bitterly. "I wasn't turned away exactly. I was believed to be too much of a bitter soul for their cheery celebration." She lowered her fierce gaze and kicked at a stick that the bay had washed ashore as she spat. "I would have never shown if it wasn't for my puppies." She slowly let her gaze rise back towards the distant village where Haku's cabin lay and where her two boys were probably playing with the pupsitter who seemed overjoyed to have the two figures in her life while Firefly's heart grew bitter for losing them to the pack.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
sorry for slow ):. 303 words.

ic -
Firefly. It was the word for those little glowy bugs that Champ would catch for her, sometimes. Weird, to name someone after a bug. Of course, it was sort of weird to be named after a city, but Tokyo had no conception whatsoever of the distant metropolis. If she found out, she would probably just expect it had been named after her, not the other way around. Firefly seemed momentarily upset by Tokyo's words, but considering both the topic and the bitterness in her voice, it was probably at the leaders of the pack, not the wolf before her now.

Tokyo shook her head. "If it's because of them that you're upset, and they wouldn't let you stay because of it, the fault is still with them." It was the sort of clever twisting of blame that the female was really good at it. It was an acquired skill, being able to perpetually avoid responsibility for any of her actions that turned out poorly. And of course, being able to take credit for anything good that occurred around her.

Her ice blue eyes drifted to follow the kicked piece of driftwood. The water against her feet was slightly less cold, now, she was getting used to it. A breeze picked up, and a seagull caw-ed, dipping into the nearby shallows to grab a shining silver fish. "They're keeping you away from your children?" Tokyo sounded disgusted at the thought, then paused. "I lost two pups, myself." This was technically true, because she didn't know where they were. However, it was probably a different situation; Tokyo's two children had ran away due to her mistreatment of the younger puppy. But, these were details unnecessary to the moment. She wanted to befriend the other wolf; empathy from a similar situation was a good basis for such.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help the warped little smirk that played across her lips at the words the woman granted to her. She raised a brow in disbelief that a packmate would so openly voice their thoughts on the fact that the leaders had done wrong by one of their own. She chuckled as she shook her head, amused but having to but the girl straight. "You try and tell them they're wrong, see how long you last.." She glanced back to the waved that danced behind them as she shrugged. "It's not like it matters, I'm the Sulein, I'm to be mocked and ridiculed." she snorted as she finished in disgust. "They had to set a perfect example.." So sweet of them to remind her at every turn how badly she'd screwed up and how she herself had earned her position right smack dab at the bottom of their foodchain.

She growled softly as she thought about that simple fact, her thoughts lingering still until the woman brough up the topic that hurt the most, her children. She narrowed her eyes at the lady, not knowing if this was som ply to get on the packleader's better nature by finding every bit of dirt on the Sadira woman. It wasn't like it mattered, she would be gone as soon as she could anyways. She sneered at the other as she spat out the truth. "I staged a kidnapping of my own sons because I believed their worthless father should suffer at their loss. Some bitchy little know it all decided that she was going to save the day and actually find them." She growled in anger at the memory of that day as she continued. "She found the fellow I'd left them with and took them back. She brought them right to the leaders and twisted everything I'd done to make me look bad." She crossed her arms as she glared off into the distance.

After a moment she threw her hands up and added. "And to make matters worse the damn bastard has them all over again!" How she wished that Haku hadn't been so appealing to her so long ago. How she wished that the bastard had some sort of heart she could actually break. He deserved so much more than she'd done to him but she just couldn't find a way to make him pay. She'd find one one day..
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
306 words

ic -
Tokyo didn't know why Firefly wasn't being pleasant. She hadn't done or said anything mean. It was probably because the other female was upset thinking about what Dahlia de Mai had done to her, and her children. And Tokyo supposed that that was probably acceptable, and nothing that she should take personally. She kidnapped her own pups, to punish their father. It sounded like a reasonable plan, to Tokyo. She shrugged languidly. "Well, whoever he was, if he deserved it, then I'm sorry that they caught you in it. Pups belong with their mother, and their mother knows best who should influence them. If their father was bad, then I think you did the right thing." Of course, her thoughts dredged up the image of Raphael. It was a good thing that he had no knowledge of his children, it made it easier to keep him from ever returning to her life.

Tokyo hesitated. Her desire to befriend this angry female, her empathy with her situation and her understanding of the actions that Firefly had taken all made her feel more benevolent than usual. "Is there anything I can do to help? Are you able to see them at all, ever?" She titled her head, curiously, then added a question regarding a piece of information that was probably important to know: "Oh, and who is the father?" Tokyo thought about it; did she actually know any adult male pack members. Oh, wait, she had talked to Rath when he found those tools. And then by sight she would probably recognize the male who had called the pack meeting and the male who had joined Tokyo and Cwmfen's conversation at said meeting. There were probably more, she just hadn't ran into them yet. She preferred to stay here near the coast, and not too many wandered this way.

[/html]
No matter what the woman said Firefly knew that nothing could make her feel better. She wasn't allow to see her children and everywhere she went the pack turned their noses up at her. She was little more than a burr in their side and if she wasn't careful they'd find a way to rid themselves of her once and for all. She had a feeling that they knew just what they did hurt her the worse, the distance they created between her children and herself was almost too much to bare. Firefly shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts as she sighed and gave in. "It doesn't matter anymore, it's the past and I can't change it now.." Even if she could she knew that the leaders wouldn't stand to allow her to. She'd been on top and now she was at the lowest of lows. She would survive, even if it was just barely.

Firefly's ears flicked back as the lady asked if she could help, slowly her temper was ebbing away but it was also leaving her weary in it's path. She sighed softly and shook her head as she spoke. "No, I wouldn't get yourself involved in this.." she turned her eyes towards the human village as she scuffed. "Besides, you'd be risking your own place in this place." She wasn't about to be the one to blame that on, if the lady was that crazy she could get herself in trouble on her own.

Firefly was about to turn and just walk away when the lady asked her one question that made her forget all about leaving just yet. She growled softly as she gave a halfhearted laugh. "Haku.." She glared at the woman a moment as she admitted. "The male couldn't keep it in his sheath long enough to even remember he had a mate and pups on the way." Actually he probably could never keep it undercover and right now was probably looking for another tail to bang. Just the thought of his sad ways made her sneer in disgust. She was so tired of all of this. Perhaps she just needed a new take on life.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #FCFF00 solid; font-size: 10px;">
ooc -
should we wrap this up in a post or two? also, we should have a tokyo/sankor thread sometime. ^^; 352 words.

ic -
It was the explicit declaration that Tokyo would be risking her place in Dahlia de Mai that finally cooled some of her ardor to help this poor female. Because as terrible as Firefly's situation was... when it came down to it, Tokyo's mattered more. She liked this pack, even if she now had a very low estimation of the people in charge who let such a thing happen to Firefly. She was at a loss for words, which was weird, because she almost always had stuff to babble on about. She wanted to say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, that's terrible," but wasn't that basically what she had already said? The words sounded shallow, anyway. Tokyo had hoped she would be able to break the other's bitter shell, to empathize enough to be treated as a confidante, but it didn't seem like something that the other female had any intention of doing. The name Haku didn't mean anything to the lightly colored female, but she stored it away carefully, nursing a quick prejudice against the male.

Maybe Tokyo should seek out Firefly's puppies. Sure, they were probably disgusting little rats like all babies, but the ice-eyed wolf wanted to do something. It didn't seem like a very dangerous thing to do, to talk to them. Pass on their mother's love. Make sure they knew she was a good person. Perfectly innocent actions. She could even tell them that their father was bad- well, no, probably not very easily. Not without them going off and tattling on her identity, and Tokyo didn't really know the details of Haku's guilt. She just implicitly trusted the pretty female. (Of course this was an incredibly shallow, quick judgment based on appearance, but Tokyo could never really admit this to herself). Yeah, that was a good plan. If she ran into the pups, tell them how wonderful their mother was. She wouldn't let their father poison her name. Tokyo felt smug with pride at her planned secret insubordination. "What are their names? Your puppies?" She asked, the added for clarification: "I could pass along your regards."

[/html]
Firefly tried to ignore the sympathy of the other as she expressed her feeling on how the deal had gone down on the bronze and golden woman. She didn't need anyone's pity, she didn't want their sympathy. All she wanted she knew she could not have. Her eyes flashed as she silently watched the woman when she issued her apologies. She just shook her head and turned away, watching the waves crest and fall as a bitter smile appeared on her lips. "I use to think I'd found where I'd belonged here but in time the true face of the pack revealed itself." She only hoped that this woman would be smart enough to keep her eyes open when the wolves were at her back.

When the woman suggested finding Firefly's children and talking to them Firefly couldn't help it as her ears flattened back against her skull before she began to actually let the thought sink into her mind. She knew that if the other was caught that there was a chance she'd endanger her own position in the pack, why the woman was willing to do such for her she didn't know. Shaking her head once more she wasn't sure but she did in turn finally give in. "Emwe and Connor are their names. They look like me but with darker shades and tones." She glanced back towards the woman as she finished speaking.

She knew that she should leave soon before the rest of the pack saw Tokyo actually speaking to her in a kindly manner. She turned away from the lovely woman once more as she admitted just this. "You'd better go though, before someone sees us.." She hoped for the other woman atleast that no one had seen them.
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
256 words

True face of the pack, hmmph. Tokyo would definitely be more wary after this encounter, but pretty or no, she ultimately did trust her own positive opinion of the pack so far more than the wayward words of a stranger. Firefly hesitated at the newer female's suggestion, but ultimately seemed to give in to the temptation of the offer. Tokyo wasn't too worried about it - it was something she could do if she got the chance, but it wasn't like she'd get into trouble with anyone if she didn't. And really, passing on the word to some kids that their mother loved them? How was that a crime, regardless of the mother's issues with the leaders of the pack the kids belonged to?

Emwe and Conor. The first one was weird-sounding to Tokyo, but whatever, it's uniqueness would make it easier to remember. She preferred giving names with true semantic value, herself, and she was proud of the simple accuracy of the four she had given out through the course of her life: Squeak, Champion, Princess, and Buttface. All perfectly fitting, 'cause Tokyo was just that smart. They were pretty like Firefly, but darker. She nodded slowly at the tip and then the information. "Alright." Tokyo tried to think of some clever or deep parting words but the conversation had somehow turned awkward, and the whole encounter just left her feeling rather uncomfortable. So instead she just gave a sort of half wave and a nod of her head. "Yeah. Well, I'll catch you around, maybe."

[html]
[/html]