Being a Loner is Tiresome
Character Name: Maldrid Lujtym
Character Birthdate (including year): September 15, 2003
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Canis lupis
A secondary form of contact: PM
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: an affiliate icon on another roleplay site i do.
Initial post:

Maldrid was tired of being a lone wolf, it was no easy task. You had to look for food yourself, being mindful not to intrude on anyone else's territory along with avoiding any other lone wolves that happened to be in the area. The food that you found more often than not was something that you couldn't take down on your own unless you had a deathwish. Then you had to find shelter for yourself, which wasn't shared. All of these things vital to survival was done on your own. Maldrid was in his Luperci form, he had a dull orange color to his fur and his eyes were a striking saphire color. He stood around five feet tall and had a longer mane which he tied back but still had two locks of it running down the front of his face. Maldrid also carried two instruments that he'd learned to play while with his previous pack, a lute and a recorder. He used these two instruments to bring comfort to himself and sometimes others if they'd care to listen.

Maldrid often wondered if he'd be able to join a pack again after leaving the pack he was born in. The interesting thing about him leaving is that he had surprisingly little resistance from his parents. Maldrid had gone to them and said that he wanted to go on by himself as a loner to see more of the land and that he could support himself well enough after learning more about survival from other pack members. After he had told his parents this he was afraid that he'd be forbidden to go. First his father asked him in a very serious tone if that was what he wanted to do and if Maldrid was certain that he'd go through with it. Maldrid then reassured both his parents that he'd be able to live on his own and they then gave their permission for him to leave. Maldrid was surprised at this and after saying his goodbyes he left.

Maldrid now thought to himself how stupid he had been when he left. He didn't want to go back to that pack because of the humiliation that he thought he'd be sure to recieve when he got back. Maldrid decided to investigate into different packs that he'd be able to join. After his investigation he found that the pack Crimson Dreams interested him the most. These were the types of wolves that he'd like to be associated with. Maldrid longed now to be a part of a pack like that one. Maldrid that night played a soft tune to himself on his lute and then went to sleep.

That morning Maldrid started to travel where he heard the Crimson Dreams pack territory was. He traveled south through the Ethereal Eclipse area untill he found a large cliff face. Maldrid smelled the scent of other wolves in this area and then promptly sat down and waited and played his recorder in the mean time.
[html]

Hello! Welcome to 'Souls Big Grin Sorry, this will be kind of short, but I wanted to get a reply up!

don't let me be carried away

It was another beautiful day. Usually her pups were more than enough to fight the urge to venture outside, but the spring breeze had been calling to her too strongly to ignore. She had asked Kansas to watch their babes while she took a quick run around the territory. The three Marino-Sadira children had protested against their mother's departure. Or at least as well as they could at their age. It warmed her heart that they were so against her leaving, but also made it all the more difficult to do so. She had promised them she would be back shortly and it had helped to calm them.

Before any foreign scent reached her nose a sweet melody hit her ears. Savina's sleek head perked up. Usually if there was any music around it was coming from the piano in the mansion or Haven's guitar. This was obviously neither of these instruments. The midnight woman took a quick but casual pace towards the music. For a second her emerald eyes almost thought it was the young Aatte boy, but the lack of a bleached left ear told her it wasn't. Fixing her stature she brought her tail up and head was held high, though a pleasant smile was on her lips. "Greetings strangers. Is there something I can help you with? Or have you just come to grace us with your talent?" Her accented voice was light and airy.

[/html]
Maldrid heard someone talking to him and immediately stopped playing his instrument. He then put the recorder's string around his neck for it to hang. Out of respect Maldrid then assumed a submissive pose and turned towards the one who greeted him. In a polite tone Maldrid said, "I have come simply to join your pack, my talents would come as a fortunate byproduct."
[html]

If you could add a little more to your posts it would be great! 2 paragraphs is usually the minimum we strive for here. Your first post was good, for example Smile

From first impressions and gut instincts she felt good about this male. She was certainly glad to see his physical show of respect for her. The last wolf to come to their borders hadn't been so quick about it. Her gaze lingered for a moment on the instrument he had strung around his neck. What a lovely sound it had made. So different from any of the other musical instruments she had heard (though admittedly her exposure to such things was quite limited). "I see. Well we are accepting new members. My name is Savina Marino, the second in command here. What is your name?"

One of his skills was already obvious. True, it might not be something that was integral to the maintaining of a pack, but hobbies and fun things such as music were important too. All work and no play made life miserable for anyone. "Aside from your obvious gift, what other skills do you possess?" Savina's tone was conversational and she reclined back onto her haunches. "You can relax if you wish." No need for him to be uncomfortable.

[/html]
OOC: Alrighty then.

IC:
Maldrid relaxed his posture. Thankfully Crimson Dreams was accepting new members this gave Maldrid a great sense of relief since he hoped to himself that he'd not be turned away and be forced to fend for himself again. Surviving on his own was not what Maldrid wanted to do again, it was harsh and terribly lonely not being in the company of others. After he'd collected his thoughts Maldrid responded.

"Thank you. Pleased to meet you, my name is Maldrid Lujtym," Maldrid said in a polite tone. Maldrid believed that being polite was always a good way to have people get to know you better and in turn the ones you meet will also be happy to share a little about themselves. "Though I'd rather not do it again I know a good deal about survival on your own. Two years of living on your own will do that to you." Maldrid hoped that this would be enough information for her to hear.
[html]

Better Smile

As the male relaxed her smile broadened some. He had a good aura about him, that much she could tell. He wasn't putting on a front like some tried to do. Savina never understood why some would choose to do that. Sooner or later their true colors would show (as they had with Leroy), not only that but you were almost setting yourself up for failure. If a pack expected you to act like the wolf they had met on the borders then they would be disappointed, possibly even angry, when they found out it was a lie. Hiding things almost never worked, especially in a pack. Everything tended to bubble up towards the surface.

While being able to survive on one's own was a valuable life skill, it didn't much apply to being in a pack. It meant he was at least a decent hunter if he had been able to sustain himself, but she wanted to know more. "I see, well, anything else? Would you consider yourself social? Crimson Dreams is a very tight knit pack, like a big family really. Is that what you are looking for?" If not she wouldn't judge him one way or the other, but it was important he knew who's door he was knocking on. "Also how do you do with pups Maldrid?" To the new mother that question was very important. She wanted wolves around who knew how to handle children properly.

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid thought to himself for a moment about any notable skills that he'd be able to contribute to this pack but none came to mind at the moment. When the question abut dealing with pups came up he was surprised. He didn't have to deal with pups much when he was in his original pack seeing as he was the one being raised along with his siblings. When he was out on his own, as common sense would have it, if anything had little ones nearby you had to steer clear of them if you wanted to keep your life.

"I'm sorry to say that I have no experience with pups, but I can learn quickly. At least I'm able to do that much. Learning is fun to me," Maldrid said. He continually hoped that he'd not disappoint Savina. Learning was indeed fun though. New things always were of interest and that knowledge could become quite valuable later. The one thing that came as good to Maldrid now was that he'd been able to make a good first impression.

[/html]
[html]

after your next reply I'll get you titled up and added to the ranks Big Grin

Birds chirped happily in the trees above the two wolves' heads. Spring was in full swing and it brought happiness to the Italian femme. The winter had been long and somewhat dreary. It hadn't been all bad, but she was a spring child and she had sorely missed the sun and warm weather. They had also lost some members along winter's course. But it seemed that April showers were bringing more than simply May flowers; they were also bringing new faces to Crimson Dreams. Their family was a welcoming one, so it was wonderful in her mind.

So he had no experience with pups, but that wasn't a bad thing. As he said he was willing to learn and she sensed the truth behind his words. "Well that is good Maldrid. I'm sure you'll learn quickly. Crimson Dreams never seems to have a lack of little paws running around." First Naniko's litter and now her own. Who knew which member would be the next to bring new little bundles of joy into the world. A willingness to learn was deserving of high marks in her book as well. They were a pack filled with different sorts of intellectuals. Jazper had his music, Ehno his carpentry, Kansas his literature, Savina her birth language. She had a feeling Maldrid would fit in just perfectly.

With a wide smile she spoke. "Well Maldrid, I think that you would fit in well here. Welcome to Crimson Dreams. You will start with the rank of Basic Officer."

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid was happy to hear the response. This now meant that his years of wandering alone without a place to call home was over. He felt sure that he'd be able to contribute what he could to Crimson Dreams. Learning about how to tend to pups seemed important in this pack and Savina had mentioned that there never seemed to be an absence of little ones. Maldrid thought to himself that he'd at least be able to contribute to that by lulling them to sleep. This brought a chuckle out from Maldrid to himself.

"Thank you very much!" Maldrid said with excitement, "I'll be sure to help wherever I can." Maldrid couldn't wait to meet the others that were in Crimson Dreams. It would be a very welcome change to talk and socialize with others. Plus Maldrid would be able to have others hear his music and not just himself. There was one thing that Maldrid needed to get over with now that he was here, "Again I thank you. One thing I'd like to ask though, would you be able to show me around so that I can know where things are?"

[/html]
[html]

I'm going to post the acceptance message, but we can continue on with the thread if you wish Smile

This was one of her favorite things about her rank. Being able to see how people reacted when they found out that they had been accepted. It made her feel good, like she had actually helped someone. Savina just hoped that this male wouldn't spit on the gift she had just given him as Leroy had. That idea was quickly shaken from her mind though. Maldrid seemed nothing like the disrespectful husky. He seemed like a gentle soul, not one that would go and cause such horrid trouble. "You are very welcome." The dark mother couldn't help but beam right back at the orange male. Her tail swayed through the grass at her back.

"Of course! I can't stay out too long, I promised my children I wouldn't be long, but I can give you a quick tour," she said with a wink. Savina got to her feet and stretched out before turning back in the direction of the manor. "We're at our northenmost borders at the moment, our territory extends south all the way to the ocean." They were a large pack and therefore had a lot of land. "I'll take you to the manor right now. It's a large house that many of the packmembers sleep in. But if you prefer a more natural den then we'll also be passing a cluster of caves that you could live in as well." She always wanted to give new members either option for housing themselves and their belongings. "Just to the south of the caves and the mansion is a large lake called Rabbit Lake. Most of it resides within our borders and there's always an abundance of game around that area."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

"I wouldn't want to keep you away from them for long. I'll be satisfied with the quick tour," Maldrid said, still excited that he was accepted. Maldrid was amazed at the fact of how large the pack territory was. Even more so was that there was a mansion for use freely by the pack members, as he heard from Savina. Maldrid thought to himself that he didn't want to be reminded of his life as a loner, so he concluded that he'd stay inside the manor. Maldrid also had never seen the ocean and thought to himself that he would visit it sometime in the near future. It might even give him some ideas for new songs he could write.

"I think I'll be staying at the mansion. I don't want to be reminded of the harsh wilderness I came from," Maldrid said. After Maldrid had said this his mind wondered of the new faces he'd see. He felt like he was getting a bit overexcited on that issue and let that thought rest. This was indeed the home that he'd wanted and he wished to stay here always and never leave.

[/html]
[html]

Savina smiled back at him, glad that he understood her need to return to her babes. She was glad to get some fresh air, but staying away from them too long pulled hard on her heart. So she figured that a tour of the mansion and area surrounding it would suffice for the moment. There was far too much area to span in a fast manner, so she would simply tell him where things were as they walked. "Then to the west of the lake is the Lenape River and Highrocks. I haven't spent much time there myself, but I hear on the rocks you can get a great view of the lands." It was something she had always been meaning to do, but just had never found the time for. Usually she was busy with the borders or general upkeep of the mansion.

"Then of course there's where our lands meet the ocean. Much of the coast in that area is rocky, but there is a nice secluded little beach on the eastern part of our lands. Riunione Beach its called." Actually she had been the one to name it that. Both her brother, sister and her had been reunited on these lands and she thought it only fitting to name the beach after that very word in their native tongue. "Good! The manor is a wonderful place. There are plenty of rooms and its nice to be so protected from the elements. There's never a lack of company either."

The Lt. General lead Maldrid past the white picket fence that surrounded the grand house and right up the stairs to the porch. "This is it!" Deftly she nosed open the front door, holding it for him so he could walk inside.

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid was impressed at the amount of land this pack had along with many notable landmarks. Perhaps he'd visit them in the near future. He'd guessed that they just came from the Highrocks, seeing as that was the only cliff face that Savina had told him about. Maldrid pulled his lute higher on his shoulder as he continued to walk with Savina, listening to what may be information he'd need to reference to.

When they arrived at the mansion Maldrid was surprised at the size of the structure. Another thing that ran through his mind was who could've built this and how? This question would have to be answered later. Maldrid walked past the picket fence and towards the door of the mansion and admired the building. "Who built this. It is amazing!" Maldrid asked, hardly able to contain his surprise.

[/html]
[html]

300+

She had no doubt that there were other landmarks that resided inside the borders of the pack. She just didn't have the time to go and explore everything. Someday she would have to make the time though. Perhaps when the pups were grown enough to walk around with her. That way she could show them their land herself and learn some things along the way. It would also no doubt be easier to find them when they wandered off on their own then. She would be able to tell which places they each liked best and make sure to look for them there if they weren't at home. There was no doubt in her mind that she would be a worrier, but she would do her best not to drive them crazy.

Maldrid's surprise at the mansion matched her own when she had first seen it. The woodlands girl had never seen such a building before she had come to live here. "The humans built it, though I don't know their names," she said with a bit of a laugh. Savina doubted the hairless apes had ever imagined that their building would be inhabited by a wolf pack. The sable fey lead the male into the large common room. "This is the common area. It's a nice place to relax and we hold meetings here if the weather is unfavorable. Down that hallway and through the door is the kitchen and the cellar where our food cache is. All the doors along the wall are rooms and there are plenty more up the steps." Her head motioned in the direction of the stairs.

"Back down that hallway is the library. If you're a reader there are plenty of books to occupy yourself with in there. There is also a piano, but you'll want to check with Jazper before you use it. He can be a little protective of it." She smiled at the thought of the pack's gentle giant. "I think that's about it, but do you have any questions?"

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid was impressed at the amount of room that the mansion had. The common room seemed friendly enough and the relaxing air of it would be rather welcome on days when he needed to unwind. He took note of the kitchen, even though he didn't know how to cook. He also noted where the rooms would be and decided to pick out a room for himself when he got the chance to. Maldrid would pick a room where he could see outside and have it be preferably upstairs.

"Thank you very much for the tour. I have no more questions and I think I'll get settled down now. Thank you again for accepting me into the pack," Maldrid said with a smile. Maldrid liked the atmosphere that he felt here and concluded that this would be an ideal place for him to live. If Savina had anything more to say he'd wait before going and choosing a room to his liking.

[/html]
[html]

The pack was blessed to have the mansion. It had taken a little while for the woman to realize it, but she knew how true it was now. Having most of the members denned so close together was wonderful. Help was never far away in the building. It gave them great shelter from the weather. It was undoubtedly safer for pups to be in the house than outside in a cave. Not only that, but it was large enough to hold all of their members plus some. There was never a lack of empty rooms. That way new members such as Maldrid could easily integrate themselves into pack life.

Savina gave the male another smile and nodded her head. "Once again you're very welcome. Yes, please do settle in. This is your home now too. If you need me most of the time I'm in my den just over there." Her sleek head motioned to the door that her children and mate were currently behind. "But if you can't find me anyone else will be more than willing to help you." With that said she turned to return to her little family.

[/html]