All the Winds that You Rise
[html]

Sunroom of the Manor

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

No one wanted it. No one would be looking for her, and no one seemed to use the room anyways. It was full of windows, and in the morning the light shone over her, waking and greeting her to the new day. It chased the night away, and gave her every raze it had to offer.

The enclosed porch had been cluttered with furniture and dusty articles, but she was just about finished clearing the long room. No one wanted it, so why could she have it? The long and wide windows had been the reason she claimed it, but it being untouched and dust filled sealed the deal.

With everything gone, placed in random free spots among the manor, she only had the task of filling it again. Mati didn’t own much, a few blankets that had been unclaimed, some books that held large colorful pictures and the canvases that she and Ehno had found along with the easel. Standing with one of the painted pictures in hand she stood by the wall, silently wondering where to put it.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ncils2.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; ">

OOC: 400+

She wandered like a ghost, her body feeling immaterial. After the drinking bout with Haven and the hunt with the boys of the pack (and Mati), Brooklyn didn't know what to do with herself. She had taken to spending days outside, now that the weather seemed to be improving. Her body lying in the grass, her mind a thousand miles away. She couldn't help but wonder if this was what growing up felt like. Savina's pups had been born and yet she had stayed away from the manor. Her parents were no longer together. Just like that. It broke her heart every time she recalled Haven's words because such things should never happen. People fall in love and stay in love, right?

The manor, once her sanctuary, was now like a cursed grave. She could not look anyone in the eye. Not her pack mates, not her family. The white girl didn't like growing up any more. Sure, she could shift. Great. She liked wearing human clothes and her coat hung on her as she travelled the beaten paths of Crimson Dreams, but things were not the same. Nothing would ever be the same. She wanted someone to talk to. Someone who would understand her. A sibling. She pestered Haven enough, but who else? Distant, dreaming Salem? Or Mati, whom she never seemed to get along with? Who would offer her comfort? Who indeed. With her head in the clouds, Brooklyn found herself walking towards the house. Beaten paths indeed. Maybe she could get her things and move somewhere. She could find a new pack, but the thought of abandoning her family made her feel sick.

Her sister's scent rose to meet her as soon as she was through the door. Sweet, innocent Mati. Did she know? About Anu and Naniko? Brooklyn shook dust off her coat. She could ask Savina for advice, but the new mother would be busy with the pups. Brooklyn didn't want to intrude. Her mothers were not even an option, the awkwardness there she could not even fathom. Instead, the girl walked towards the sun room. She'd never been there. What could Mati be doing? Pushing open the door, she saw her sister. Shifted. How they were growing up. There was no urge to be nasty. Not any more. Maybe that came with growing up as well. You need some help with that? There she was, Brooklyn and her dark coat, her hair getting into her eyes again. She didn't bother pushing it away. She couldn't even bother to be nasty to Mati. It all seemed so pointless.

[/html]
[html]

It didn’t look right, not right by the door. No one would see it as they entered; the female thought a she lowered the painting and gave a low sigh. She had so many pictures, most from the cellar and a few room around the manor. She had left the already hanging frames alone, noticing that it was quite obvious when she took it from its place. Her head turned to look around the room for a better spot, and her sister suddenly filled her view.

It took a moment for the female to take the sight of her shifted sister in and process it. She was very different, with the coat that resembled the one the yote Onus wore and the other accents that dotted her form. Mati hadn’t found clothing to her likely, for some reason her form seemed far more awkward in them then anyone else’s.

Her words brought a soft smile to her face, though her sister didn’t seem to posses the small amount of energy that it would take to complete the task. Unsure what had gotten into her white furred head, Mati responded with a mere, Sure. before collecting her thoughts. Um… I’m not sure where to put it. Her soft smile remained and she took a few steps from the wall, waiting for Brooklyn’s opinion.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ncils2.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; ">
OOC: 300+

Brooklyn looked around the room. It was big and airy and she found herself slightly jealous of Mati's new room. But she'd never bothered with it, so what would the point be in asking for it? She had her room upstairs, she had the stash of clothes from the city. From her trip with Jazper, now almost a million years in the past. She took a long, good look at her sister. They really were changing, weren't they? She could easily recall Haven and the ease with which he wore the army coat and jeans, the maturity if his piercing and the casual way he walked. She still thought of herself as awkward, bones and muscles not yet finished growing, hair a mess that got into her eyes, no confidence to be a real prince. And here was Mati, sweet, innocent Mati, with no clothes to hide her wolfishness, no need for cloth where there was natural grace.

When her sister smiled, Brooklyn returned the smile. Why not? You want people to see, right? So... um... how about across the door, so, in that corner over there? She pointed to a space a few feet behind her sister. It would give the painting a good vantage point, although she was no expert on it. She wondered where her sister made her bed. Where did she keep her things? Naniko and Anu broke up, Mati. The words escaped her before she could control herself. The white female looked away before fully stepping into the room and closing the door behind her. She didn't want people to hear. Didn't want them to know the truth about their family. An ugly truth it was, too, hiding away and eating them from the inside. Did you know? I only found out a few days ago. I'm not sure what to believe. Brooklyn pushed the hair out of her eyes. Is that place good for the painting? How typical of their family. Hiding the truth. Pretending it wasn't happening and then just distracting themselves with other things, with pretty things. So they could hide the ugliness inside.

[/html]
[html]

Fingers gripped the frame, eyes looked to the place her sister spoke of and Mati instantly agreed. It was a perfect spot, and she wondered why she hadn’t thought of it before. About to reply with her agreement, Mati was stopped by the news that Brook found to important to hide. It rushed from her lips and Mati looked to her with soft violet eyes. Her face didn’t shift, and her body only moved a bit slower then before. Absorbing the news, she felt like it wasn’t news at all. She continued to speak, and Mati held the frame tighter, finding the wood soft and pliable beneath her finger’s pressure. Um, its perfect. All she could do was agree with what Brooklyn spoke, her eyes focusing on it and even moving her arm mindlessly to mockingly put the picture in its place.

Mati exhaled a breath she hadn’t known she was holding. She spoke of them like they weren’t their mothers, spoke of them like they hadn’t raised them. Did she even call them mom? Controlling the emotions before returning her view to the other wolfess Mati watched her before putting the picture on the floor gently. Brooklyn suddenly looked foolish in her coat, what was she trying to hide? Yeah, it’s kind of obvious. Mati's attitude turned sour so suddenly. It wasn’t like her, but Mati knew no other way to cope with the spoke truth. A truth that had been hidden within her mind since they all stopped sleeping in the cave months ago.

Can you hand me the hammer? Holding a nail in one paw, Mati nodded at the tool that sat beside the other female.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry for the wait! 300+

She'd gone and put her foot in her mouth again. Brooklyn knew that she and Mati had not always been the best of friends, that they argued over the most trifle of things and then refused to speak to each other for days. She knew that they sometimes hid away and she knew that she herself had been spending too much time away from home. She hunted with the boys, sure, but she walked out of Crimson Dreams near daily now, not caring of what others thought. Perhaps she had too high an opinion of herself, convinced as she was that she could come to no harm. Who in the pack could stop her other than Savina and her mothers? They could try to, of course, but she could walk out. Like she could walk out of this discussion, uncaring and unflinching.

But she didn't. The white female regarded her brown sister, her purple-eyed antagonist, as she'd called her in her head before. Except now it seemed that she'd been left outside, as if Haven and Mati (even Salem maybe) had some sort of conspiracy going on not to tell her. Did they think of her as weak? Did they look at her, in her coat and laugh? Haven wore clothes too! Mati didn't, sure, but her brother did. And with the words acknowledging the break up of their mothers, Brooklyn felt bile rising in her throat. She was sick of this. This pretend game. How long have you known? The words were cold again, her stance tense as she pushed some of her mane out of her face.

Mechanically, she reached for the hammer and walked over to her sister until they stood but inches apart. What was there to share between them? Not much. The strange kind of antagonist behaviour and blood. She'd never been close to Mati and somehow, Brooklyn regretted it. Here you go. Should I hold it while you nail it up there? Small talk. To hide the fact that she was hurt and she could find no way of telling her sister that. The emptiness inside her was growing ever so slowly, the gap between her and her family extending by the day.

[/html]
[html]

Mati had never seen her white coated sister in the same light as she did Haven, and had never really thought over it before. Part of her felt that she just wasn't as good as her sister was, a part that had been very loud while they were young. The other felt it had to be difference in the bond that had been created between she and her two siblings. Haven was there, always. He had never turned from her, never forgot about her feelings and loved her just as deeply as Mati did him. She had never felt that reliability with Brooklyn, and knew that she was much more prone to drifting off without a word then anything else. That part of her made it easy to treat her with the same indifference.

"I don't know, " The girl admitted as she took the hammer. Facing the blue eyed wolfess Mati looked deeply into her gaze, trying to find something that told her the Brook actually cared. Finding nothing in past similar searches had always been her experience, but now there was feeling present in the other's eyes. It brought her to speak again, softer. "I think I just knew, when everything changed. And they just weren't in love any more." Mati moved from the wall handing her sister the nail, waiting for her to put it in place. "Hold it steady..."

The earthen colored female could feel the gap, as if a visible presence. She had nothing to say, nothing to speak to her about and it was sort of stunning. The way they both had just lost touch, or never really had it to begin with. Mati had grown to despise her, but the anger so suddenly turned to regret and then sorrow. Why did it have to be this way? "How do you feel about it?" Her question was asked as she aimed and fired the hammer toward the flat head of the nail, almost hoping to smother the personal question with the crack of the tool.

[/html]