stuck in a moment
The small girl was stuck with one major problem. Every since that stupid wolf had terrorized her and nearly eaten Zana she'd been forced into her luperci form. The girl wasn't exactly sure how she'd got away from the beast, she barely remembered another fellow showing up but how she had returned to Inferni was all a blur. She'd been back for over a week and she still hadn't figured out how to shift down from this new form. She was furious at this new predicament in her life, everyone had tried to tell her that once she got old enough to shift she'd grow bigger. Instead she'd found that she was still tiny and pitiful. Life just wasn't fair.

The youth of Inferni had only found one thing good out of all the horrible recent events. She finally had those hands she needed to try out the weapons that Siobhan and Lysander had given to her. Since she'd give up trying to figure out how to shift back down into her normal form the girl had sat on the beach all day trying to strengthen her aim at the annoying birds that had pestered her so long. She hadn't actually killed any of the birds yet but she sure had upset their comfortable existence.

Today she'd started to try and climb the trees to see if she could get better aim at the birds thatway. It had taken quite a bit of effort to get into the tree but the pygmy hybrid had finally settled in the tree and was taking aim at one of the gulls that was gabbling away overhead.
[html]

Jezebel had now already been part of Inferni for a few days. Though uneventful as it was she had reunited with an old friend, perhaps had made a new one and had found some form of reliability in her previously harsh and hectic life. The woman seemed rather fond of just exploring her new home, and she constantly wandered in her optime form, usually only converting back into her lupus form for the night or when she found certain areas difficult to traverse. Today she navigated her way through the forest, ashen and cream highlighted fur slightly ruffled from the exertion of traveling far on two legs and finding herself occasionally tangle in rough brush. She swept back the dark curls atop her head often to keep them out of her ruby eyes, and soon found herself in a less dense part of the forest, amongst tall, branch filled trees. Pausing a moment to catch her breath Jezebel heard the calling of gulls over head, her ears flicking back as she looked up into the tree above her, where she noticed quite the peculiar sight. A small coppery and gray child had situated herself quite a ways up in the tree, taking aim at the birds with something Jezebel couldn't quite make out. A bright yellow ribbon was wrapped around the girls tail, a beacon against the greenery of the trees. "Be careful up there!" Jezebel called out, her tone more amused then worried as she shaded her eyes from the sun with a well placed hand. "You must be either Valkyrie or Zana?" Jezebel guessed, only ever having heard about there being two youths in Inferni from Ryan.

[/html]
The girl hadn't realized that someone had seen her attempting to climb the tree and had been watching her progress as she finally made it high enough up to be able to see for quite some distance. Her little claws were dug into the wood of the tree as she braced herself, her little thistle hued orbs watching the waves out at sea as she caught the words of another calling out to her. Glancing around in all directions before she realized that the owner of the voice was below her she lowered her hands down to the limb she was standing on, gripping the wood tightly as she called back. "I ams always careful!" She was, except for when she wasn't, but normally she was able to save herself before she found herself in dangerous situations, atleast in the clan's lands.

The strange woman was asking who she was and Zana picked at a spot of sap on the tree as she asked. "Why you wanna know..." She'd never seen the woman before and she didn't really smell like the clan. She was obviously a coyote so that was okay as far as Zana was concerned but if she wasn't from Inferni she could be a spy.. She'd heard that the packs were now taking in coyotes and hybrids. Hell, she knew for a fact that Phoenix Valley held them, half the pack was mixed blood, and most related to her at that.

She glanced down at the woman again as she waited for an answer.
[html]

"I ams always careful!" Jezebel stifled back laughter as she looked up at the girl, gripping the branch she was on, looking and sounding quite comical. "I'm sure you are! I was just making sure," Jezebel assured, titling her head to the side to relieve the pressure on her neck from looking up so long. "Oh I was just curious. I met a kind lady named Ryan and she told me about her daughter Valkyrie and a girl named Zana." Jezebel looked around at her surroundings again, moving towards a nearby tree so she could lean against it comfortably, crossing her arms across her chest and looking back up at the girl with a smile. "I'm new to Inferni, a friend of Gabriel's." Jezebel continued, pushing a piece of her dark hair behind one of her ears. "So what are you doing up there anyway?"

[/html]
While Zana didn't know the woman at all she spoke of clan members that the little girl was quite familiar with. She glanced down at the lady again as she decided to just mention that she was making certain Zana was being safe. Zana shook her head and mumbled. "Adults.." They always thought they were right, even when they were wrong. She began to play with the leaves of the branch as she waited for the woman to come up with some reason why she had asked who she was and before long she was rewarded with an answer. Zana frowned at the lady and stated plain as day. "I is Zana, but just cuz you know that doesn't make us friends!" The pre-teen was in quite a sour mood today as she watched the stranger below.

It didn't take long before more words were tossed to her and the Lykoi child wasn't certain if she was trying to win her over with her knowledge of clan members or if she was actually did know them. Zana frowned as she flicked a beetle down at the lady and said. "Gabriel is my uncle.." Which of course made her even closer to the male that some friend, though she hardly ever same the leader and he didn't pay her any attention anyhow.

She moved closer to the thinner part of the limb as she paced back and forth, rather like a monkey as she watched the lady, waiting to see if she would leave or stay. Zana's hopes were crushed as the lady didn't leave, instead she began to ask even more questions. The little girl sighed and plopped her butt down on the limb as she glanced up to the sky. "I was trying to make the birds go away and never return. Their king is smart, he doesn't come out so much now that I shots his subjects." She would get the one legged seagull soon.. she just had to be crafty about it. She returned her attention back to the lady as she asked her own question. "What you want here, friend of Gabriel.."
[html]

_____Jezebel hid a laugh as she coughed behind her hand. Zana was full of piss and vinegar, and the ashen woman couldn't help but admire her fiery spirit. "Of course not! I just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jezebel by the way." Jezebel was certainly getting the idea that the pre-teen didn't really want her there, but the woman could be be quite stubborn, especially today. "Gabriel is my uncle.." Well that was certainly news to Jezebel. She had known Gabriel had family here, but not exactly who all of them were.
_____Jezebel just nodded, watching the beetle that the girl flicked barely miss her and fall to the leaf strewn floor. With a brow raised she looked back up at Zana and pushed herself away form the tree, placing her hands upon her hips as she watched the girl pace to the thinner part of the branch. It was then that the girl explained her reason for being in the tree, and Jezebel smiled with interest. "Well maybe you need to lure their king out with trickery," the woman began, looking towards a few seagulls in the distance.
_____"Maybe you could scatter some food around, then hide in the brush and get them when their distracted." Jezebel also had some other ideas, but they involved finding herbs to create a poison. Jezebel had quite a bit of knowledge of poisons but doubted it would be a good knowledge to pass on to the young girl. At least not yet. "What you want here, friend of Gabriel.." "Well Inferni is my home now, and I thought it would be good to get to know its members." Jezebel answered with a shrug, tilting her head to the side, her dark hair cascading over her shoulder. "And... well I was curious as to what you were up to. I've never seen a young coyote in a tree before."
[/html]
Zana wasn't for certain just what the lady seemed to think was so special about her that she had to go on pestering her while there were so many seagulls to be tormenting. She wanted to go find the leader and make his life hell but she knew that he was still wiser than her and she'd have to appeal to her coy nature if she was going to best the bastard in any fight. She bared her fangs in a Cheshire cat smile as the lady finally introduced herself, "I'm Zana, but you know thats.." she said with annoyance as she watched the woman that she knew would tower over her once she brought herself down to the ground. For now she was going to stay in the tree, it was harder to judge her true size when she was above one.

Her claws gripped around the thinning branch as the woman began to speak once more, this time trying to match her wits on the seagull king. She bared her fangs in slight disgust as she shook her head. Zana knew all about the king, he was her nemesis and one day she would destroy him, no one knew more about the evil one legged bastard than she. She paused, looking down at the woman in disgust as she pointed out. "He is not stupid like that, he knows the scent of the clan, and now he knows I will have my revenge he's grown leery of joining the masses." The young girl had become obsessive in her need to destroy the flock and oneday she knew she would prevail, if the pestersome coyotes let her be that was.

When the conversation was finally changed off of her revenge and back to the woman Zana frowned slightly but didn't mind so much that the woman now shared the clan with her, after all she was use to the many members that just milled around, now these ones that spoke to her and bothered her with silly questions, which the lady did once more. Zana frowned down at the woman before she slowly began her climb down the tree. Leaping the last few feet to the ground she glared up at the woman and asked, "Now you see what I'm in trees?" she raised her tiny frame to full height, barely coming above the woman's navel as her thistle eyes narrowed, a dark cloud coming over the young girl's face as she showed her weakness, and in ways, her gift.