mother's little helper [joining?]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
Joining, hopefully. ^^

Character Name: Princess Chance

Character Birthdate (including year): September 3rd, 2008

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci by birth

Species: Canis lupus orctus (I'm honestly not sure. . . ._.)

AIM: HuggleSquishGirl

Initial post: (348 words)(Referred to DdM by Tokyo!)

ic -

Princess panted, glancing around her. The air smelled like a pack, but then, most around here did. These were unfamiliar lands to her, and every creature she'd met in passing to ask vehemently "Do you know a Tokyo Chance!? Where is she?" had been unfamiliar to her, of course. But finally, she had been pointed in this direction, and the one that had pointed her in this direction had at least seemed confident. I hope she's here, the young female thought, paws shifting awkwardly on the ground beneath her. But. . . Now what did she do? She has to be here.

"I suppose I'll just wait here until someone. . . Comes to me, I guess," she muttered, eyes settling on the horizon. It wasn't a climactic part of the day; just shortly after the sun had risen to the center of the sky, so there was still a few hours until the daylight fell completely. As she waited, her thoughts travelled to her brother. Despite having separated recently, Princess really did miss Buttface. She missed him more than she missed her mother, at any rate, but she needed to find - and speak with - Tokyo. She had a few unanswered questions for her mother, including but not limited to, her three dead siblings and the abuse of Buttface as a puppy.

Bored with waiting (although it had only been but a few minutes since she had arrived), Princess huffed her annoyance. "This is ridiculous! I don't wanna wait this long! Where'm I gonna find someone to talk to?" Was she even supposed to wait around until someone came to find her, or would it be okay if she just. . . Looked for Tokyo? The last place she had just wandered into, quite some time ago of course, had been full of angry wolves who, apparently, did not appreciate her enough not to try and eat her when she tried to get in. "I might as well wait, then, so I don't get eaten," she muttered, frustrated at the prospect of having to stay there for an unknown amount of time.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Afternoons were getting warmer and the sudden change in temperature was having a positive effect on Alexey’s overall behavior. She was a little calmer, almost laid back. The Lillium’s children were off playing with the Rosea’s second cousins, which left the pack’s Caregiver with nothing to do. She’d initially planned on finding Drey and spending some quality time with him, but he was nowhere to be found. The Acer had tracked her mate’s scent all the way to the southern border. It became obvious that he’d left the pack lands a short while ago.

She was debating going after him when a female’s scent reached her nostrils. Alexey felt a pang of jealousy as her mind wrongly associated Drey’s smell with this other girl. It was a little silly, but she couldn’t control the different scenarios being played in the back of her mind. Despite her unfounded and ridiculous suspicions, Lexey decided to seek this loner out. She couldn’t allow anyone to come this close to Dahlia de Mai. And, well, she had nothing better to do.

“Patience is a virtue,” she chanted, arriving just in time to hear the youngster’s last comment. Alexey had expected to find someone a little older. This girl was barely a year old, way too young to be wandering on her own. “Can I help you?”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

It seemed as if years had passed before Princess saw the older female, but she bit back her sigh of exasperation at the other's words; there was no need to make them mad when she wanted something from them, and possibly to join their pack. I guess that's what I want, anyway. I wanna be where Tokyo is, I think. Wrinkling her forehead, the pup shook her head in disagreement, but she merely said, "If you say it is." By no means did she actually believe it. In fact, she felt that patience was dumb. Why wait for something if it would be better to have it right away?

"I guess that depends. Do you know my mother? Tokyo. . . Chance?" Princess bristled at her own words. She wanted more to find Tokyo to ask her questions than to be the "happy" mother-daughter pair they had once been. "I guess you probably don't know where my brother is. I lost him, I think. But I want to find my mother!" she barked, frustrated with how long it was taking - the few minutes they'd been standing there, which was absolutely no time at all. She took the time then to look at the older female, just incase she had mistaken her own mother for someone else, but there was no luck there.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The expression on Alexey’s face did not falter; she remained impassive, her gaze neither cold or warm. She sort of liked how the youngster spoke her mind. There was nothing wrong with being assertive; after all, the Acer was quite opinionated herself. She wouldn’t have expected the child to agree with her anyway. Children and patience simply did not go together. The name Tokyo Chance was unfamiliar though. With the constant influx of loners taking up residence within Dahlia de Mai, Alexey simply did not have time to meet everyone.

She did her best to remember the recent pack celebration, just in case the kid’s mother had attended the gathering. That’s when she remembered a grey-muzzled female, around two or three years of age. They kind of looked alike, although their coloration wasn’t quite identical. “I don’t know anyone named Tokyo Chance,” she started, pausing between sentences to examine the adolescent’s reaction. “But I have seen someone who kind of looks like you at a recent pack meeting. Pretty blue eyes, grey nose.” That’s about all she could remember.

The teenager’s fur had bristled at the mention of her mother, and Alexey didn’t know what to think of it. She’d been informed of the incident between Svara and her mother, how one had permanently scarred the other. The Caregiver didn’t want history to repeat itself. “No, I’m afraid I don’t know where your brother is. What’s his name? And what’s yours?”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

Her face visibly fell as the older female denied knowing her mother. "But hse has to be here! He old pack was here, but I don't remember the name. Someone told me I'd find her somewhere around here! Maybe not this pack, but she's here som--," she cried, though her words were cut off as she listened to the rest of what the strange wolf said. There was no immediate excitement or sigh of relief, because Princess didn't know how she felt about finally finding her mother. The description, though vague, did seem fairly accurate, and the comparison between her and the wolf at the meeting did make it seem more likely that it was Tokyo.

Oh. Oh, well. . . Then maybe she is here?" she questioned uncertainly. "I don't think you'll know my brother, though, and don't laugh at his name! Some do, and I'll get 'em all good for it, too! My brother's Buttface Chance, and I'm Princess Chance. Who're you?" Looking over the older female, Princess decided that she was, in fact, very pretty, and she didn't seem particularly interested in ripping her tiny body to shreds. It was a comforting thought that she might not get eaten if she stayed where she was.

Whoever this female was, she was doing quite a good job of making Princess less worried about finding her mother. She seemed friendly enough, and she might have seen Tokyo. "Is there anyone here that might know her? Or of her?" Princess asked, taking a step forward in hopes of peering around the larger female and into the pack lands she had probably, she realized now, come dangerously close to just wandering into. "I've really, really, really gotta find her," she added earnestly.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for temporarily crushing the younger female’s hopes of finding her mother. The girl’s behavior became alarmingly frantic for a few moments. Thankfully, the second part of the Acer’s response acted as a sedative. Tokyo’s daughter gradually became calmer, and Lexey was thankful for that. She could only hope, for this girl’s sake, that the blue-eyed woman she’d seen was indeed Tokyo Chance. “Yes, she could be,” she said hesitantly, as if second guessing herself.

A smile graced her lips when the youngster warned her not to laugh at her brother’s name. How adorable. Lexey nodded, as if bracing herself for the name heading her way. Mentally, she tried to think of the worst names she’d heard thus far. And none were bad enough to make her laugh. Evidently, she hadn’t heard anything like Buttface before. It took a while for her brain to assimilate the cruel name, but it eventually sunk in. It was funny, of course. And she had to bite her tongue to contain her amusement. “Butt…face?” she repeated, obviously shocked by the revelation.

Princess was a much better name, and it suited the girl. Evidently, this Tokyo gal was a little peculiar. “I’m Alexey, Dahlia de Mai's pupsitter.” Mentioning her rank was pointless. Princess wouldn’t know about Dahlian hierarchy. “Cwmfen might know her. I’ve seen them talking together at the pack meeting. Are you planning on sticking around?”

[/html]
[html]

Princess was flustered. Was her mother here, or not? The female didn't seem as potentially sure anymore, though she had just a few moments ago seemed fairly certain. "Yes. Buttface. And my mother was really mean to him, and my three other siblings that she. . . Yeah. But, that's why I've gotta find her! I have to ask her a question," she explained. For a moment, she wasn't sure why she had covered up her mother's puppy-slaughter, but she then justified it to herself. She didn't know how this pack felt about murderers, and if Tokyo was there, Princess didn't want to get her kicked out, or worse, killed for something that only had to do with her.

Alexey's a pretty name, but. . . The one who might know my mom, that's a really weird name," she announced, ignoring how very hypocritical it was to think someone's name odd when she had just threatened the female over her brother's name. "This pack's called Dahlia de Mai? That's not the pack I heard that she used to live in. . . started with a J, I think. But if this. . . C. . . Whatever might know her, can we find her? Or can I try looking?" she asked, once more trying to peer around the female, although it would do nothing. Her brow furrowd as she considered the female's question. Was she planning to stay if she found Tokyo?

Considering it for a few moments, she shifted her weight from one paw to the other awkwardly. To say yes would, obviously, be a big commitment. And what if Tokyo couldn't be found? Or what if she was here, but didn't like her anymore, after she ran away? Princess may have wanted answers and to be mad at her mother for her past actions, but she secretly, as all daughters did, wanted her mother's approval and love as well. "I guess so," she started slowly, a little apprehensively. "I don't know much about packs, though. What would I have to do?"

[/html]
[html]

Alexey was having mixed feelings about this mother-daughter reunion. Dahlia de Mai had seen so much drama as of late, be it with Firefly and her sons, or Svara and her demented mother. She didn’t want Princess and Tokyo’s peculiar relationship to cause any additional problems, especially not now. From the looks of it, the creamy-hued teenager was not a fighter. She had a spunky personality, but not an ounce of malice in her body. The Acer couldn’t possibly stop her from finding Tokyo if her goal was only to ask her a question. Granted, she really wanted to know what that question was. It was none of her business though, so she simply moved on.

Cwmfen’s name had grown on her, just like the Adonis herself. If anything, it fit the warrior perfectly. She was unique in many ways, both physically and personality-wise. But Lexey couldn’t blame Princess for thinking it was weird. Not many people sported that name. Her lips spread into a soft smile when the girl claimed not to know much about pack life. They could start with the basics for now. “Just help out when you can, and make sure you treat everyone with respect. If you’re willing to do that, we can go find Cwmfen,” she paused, before closing her statement with the following: “By the way, Cercelee is the big boss around here. Haku and Cwmfen are her sub leaders. Make sure you behave around them.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

I'm so sorry for the wait. >_>; Basically, I suck sometimes, and the past couple of days, I have sucked indeed. D: I guess since she's accepted, the thread could be over now, but I like to finish them up, rather than leave the rest assumed.

ic -

She grinned, overwhelmed with mixed feelings. In the end, her happiness at getting closer to finding her mother won against her apprehension. There was no denying that, despite being angry with her mother, she loved her. She and Tokyo has shared a bond, as Princess had been the one surviving puppy that she didn't hate, and it certainly seemed that Tokyo hated Buttface. Princess had been the light of her mother's life (as a mother, of course, because it seemed no one could replace Champion). She might be angry with her mother, but deep within her mind, she really missed her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! What do I do now? Can I just go look for her? I bet I'll find her real fast, 'cause you said she looks like me. I haven't seen her in a while," she added, her words beginning to merge together in her excitement. She nodded slowly, almost absent-mindedly, at Alexey's warning of behaving around the leaders of the pack. If she found her mother soon, she would be able to stay away from most of everyone in the pack, and if it went bad when she found her mother, Princess could easily just. . . Leave. She could dissapear one night without a single word to anyone. Really, no one would miss her all that much.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey had her doubts as to whether Princess would actually stick around or not. If she chose the latter, the Acer would not hold it against her. Tokyo’s daughter was young and full of potential; settling down was probably the last thing on her mind. Alexey had done a good deed by offering the child a place to stay. The rest was up to Princess. She was free to leave if she deemed it necessary. The Caregiver finally stepped aside, allowing the Folium to peer off into the distance. Dahlia de Mai was a vast territory, big enough to sustain two human cities. Princess’ confidence was cute, but unrealistic.

Finding Tokyo would surely take several days. And with the wonders ahead, be it Wolfville or Oberon’s Spring, she was bound to get sidetracked along the way. Alexey couldn’t stray too far from the Lillium’s cabin, she never did. Conor would eventually return and seek her out. She had to be there when he got home. She could, however, provide some verbal guidance. “You’re free to go where you please,” she indicated with a smile. “But I can’t come. I’ll be in the area if you need anything though.”

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.