these words i behold no tongue
[html]

900+

Weapons. Catalyst vaguely heard the word before, in fact, she could vaguely remember her mother carrying something similar to what sounded like a knife. Other than that, everything else listed went right through her ears and over her head (except that she would then learn about axes in the next couple of days, thanks to meeting Henratha). These weapons, whatever they were meant to be, sounded like great wielding things for the powerful. In time she would come to know what most of them were, looked like, and were used for. Cwmfen also mentioned one could use their body too, and at least Catalyst could somehow relate better to that than of these weapons spoken of. "I think... I think i'd wan' to use my body. Don' know wha' some weapons are, maybe a... knife's." She shook her head in her honesty. Cwmfen seemed pleased when Catalyst expressed how it would be fun to have the warrior train her, but when would that time be? Seemingly she appeared very young and small yet to do anything with her body (she had not even began shifting to Optime just yet, but would soon). "When can I's... start to be a' warrior like you's? With... my body?" At least training would get her off the right paw as a start, and give her something to work toward if that's what she truly wanted to do. She was young yet, and had plenty of options.

Discipline was the first step to the road of the warrior as Cwmfen noted, and with the woad woman boding Catalyst to not go and pursue the puppy eating monster, that would be the first step she would soon come to break. Regardless of what Cwmfen heeded to her, in the next couple of days the pup would indeed find herself at the borders, meeting two outcast members of Dahlia; one of which would prove to be scary and nasty, and the other, not so much, but speaking in Catalyst's native tongue. Cwmfen spoke about how one needed to know when to fight and not, and well... Catalyst couldn't help but then cast her vision down at her paws. She wanted to fight, right now, though. She wanted vengeance for her sister. Of course Cwmfen could handle anything, she was a warrior and was wise, but Catalyst wanted in on some of it as well. Learning was fun, but Catalyst didn't feel like learning would stop the puppy eater from coming back to get Avarice or anyone else. It was her blood he went after, and her blood meant everything to her. "Yeah..." She trailed off, looking down at the murky waters from her paws. Cwmfen was right, but the pup's arrogance in her was unfortunately greater than the adult truly realized.

The church was truly a spectacle to behold, seeing the stained glass windows in the morning cast their colorful light upon the pews. It was certainly bright in there, so napping was a little difficult on the eyes, but other than that, it was better than pure, fearful darkness. Speaking about living in a den, Catalyst was curious to know as to why Cwmfen chose to live in a den, but for some reason let the question pass over her ears. Catalyst knew what a den was, she lived in several with her mother while the pups and her were on the move. Some of them weren't as comfortable as the church was, most of them cramped and small, but some others provided outstanding views of nature. With that, Catalyst simply nodded, taking it as something of a personal preference of Cwmfen's.

The warrior glided easily through the water, as if the waters were her home as well. Catalyst remained in the more shallow areas, but Cwmfen urged kindly that the waters were nothing to be afraid of. Still remaining in her place for a second, she let Cwmfen convince her gently that swimming was a lot like running in a sense. She could feel her adrenaline up a dosage in her veins, and feel as if she was right on the edge of jumping off and taking the risk. Seeing as how the adult's voice remained calm this whole time, Catalyst figured that Cwmfen knew what she was talking about, and why not give it a shot? The distance to where she was to Cwmfen seemed a little far, but she would try to make it. Standing up, the pup began to wade further into the waters. At the point to where she could feel her paws starting to scrape past the sandy bed of the Springs, the little girl gasped and stuck her head as high as she could from the surface, and began paddling at a quickened, splashing speed. Her breaths were made in effortful gasps, trying to support her weight as much as she could by her paddling paws. This was the first time she felt gravity take true hold, trying to pull her down, but she kept her neck strained out of the water as she began to swim toward Cwmfen. "I'm... i'm getting... tired al-ready." She stuttered, feeling her limbs burning as she moved, and also the fear of nothing below her. She was almost there, but there was a predicament to be had. When she was in front of Cwmfen, she couldn't stop paddling, or else she'd sink, and she didn't want that. Her limbs were hot and like on fire from that rapid movement, and she wanted relief. There was slight panic now. "Wha'... wha' do I do?! My feet's... they hurt... I don' think I can... swim back." She got to this point, but going back looked farther now than it did before with the additional burning of her muscles and feeling like the waters were compressing her lungs.

[/html]
[html]

We could end this one soon? ^=^
800+

Cwmfen nodded quietly, a soft smile upon her maw. The aspiring pup could do anything upon which she set her mind upon, the warrior knew that. If she wished to learn that weaponless martial art, the woman could teach her. But what would truly suit the girl would have to be learned through time. The woman would expose her to many different techniques and many weapons, including the body. If the girl’s frame turned out to be small and more fragile than Cwmfen’s, it would most likely be wise to take up something like the bow, to become a sniper of sorts. Knives and light swords would also serve such a frame, allowing a little more than what the mere body could offer. If she turned out to be more thickset, larger swords and a higher level of combat training in general could be offered. There were many things that the pup had not yet considered simply because she didn’t know. But Cwmfen would watch out for her. She would lead her in the right direction.

And the girl was eager to begin. But there was much that preceded such training, and she would have to learn a bit more mental control than she currently had. The obstacles of everyday life must be challenged and conquered as well. But the warrior merely smiled and said, "When you’re ready." And there was more than just such discipline. The girl would have to understand when she was truly ready, something that transcended mere want. Where others that taught such arts may have accepted any student, the woman herself knew the importance of the state of mind. It was never too early or too late to teach another, but that soul must be ready and know it to be so. And so the woad warrior left that ambiguous statement to be pondered. With no stated date, perhaps the dual eyed pup would be invited to understand the true meaning of those words. Whether she understood it now or years later, the black fae’s offer would remain. And perhaps this in itself was also a part of her training. Perhaps Catalyst had already begun. It all began with the mind.

The quiet word that was the response to her request made the woman believe that this pup was not yet ready. However, the flaw did not lie within the pups determination, will, or sense of honor. The fault was within the inability to realize what could and could not be done and what must be done. But this would be an important step within the white girl’s process of learning. Nevertheless, the pup’s safety was the warrior’s main concern. "You must promise me that you will not seek out this wolf," the soft melody demanded gently. "Do I have your word?" A warrior’s word was as important as a warrior’s action. This was also a kind of honor.

For a moment it seemed as if the pup would not come, but suddenly she was moving toward her, leaving behind the security of the shallow shore. The white orbs watched the pup carefully from her vantage point, aware that this would be the pup’s first time and that she may need help. But Catalyst, even in the deeper waters, seemed to be doing fine on her own. The splashing of the child’s efforts filled the quiet clearing, and the woman smiled her encouragement to the pup. A soft, golden laughter danced from her maw as Catalyst admitted to tiring. "Don’t worry—you’re doing fine." But she did not move to help the pup, for she felt that it was important for Catalyst to finish what she had started, to accomplish what was to be a great feat without the aid of another. It would build strength, confidence, and independence. The woad tipped tail, having only partially been dipped into the water, swayed gently in approval. But she watched carefully, ready to snatch the pup from the water should she become submerged.

"You did wonderfully," the alto melody commended when the pup reached her goal. Gently, the woman’s maw reached down, grabbing the pup by the scruff. It was a strange thing for the warrior who had never done such a thing before. But she was gentle, ever in control of her muscles and body. However, instead of holding the pup in that way, she simply placed Catalyst on her back just behind the shoulders. For some reason, the warrior thought that holding the pup in such a way would be a form of disrespect—and she was not the mother or direct guardian. "I’ll take you back," she offered before pushing back into the open waters. In several effortless movements, the woman had glided back to the sandy shores and rose above the water, placing the papaver upon the dry land. The woman shook the water from her coat. It had been a long while since she had gone for a swim.

[/html]
[html]

Yes. (: 600+

When you're ready was the reply that was given, and nothing more. When was the time, though? Wouldn't now be the right time? Catalyst was unsure. The idea of being a warrior sounded like an exciting concept, but if the ivory pup was to wake up tomorrow with the first steps of becoming a warrior, training and discipline with the mind and all, it simply couldn't be achieved yet. Catalyst had some growing to do, and perhaps in the several months to come would be the time when she would be ready. The pup wanted to give an answer, but right now she still wanted to sleep in with her brother and sisters, play the day away, and do all things that very young puppies did. Perhaps Catalyst would take up Cwmfen's offer, but that would only be revealed with time.

Cwmfen spoke of promising her to not find the monster puppy eater. This would surely kill the pup on the inside, knowing the even while honoring a promise to Cwmfen was important, it was also upholding the honor of her family as well, to defend and protect them. She was the first born, the largest of them, and even while she was a female, there would be no costs whatsoever on not standing up for either of them, no matter how they got along with each other. Her head was still down, contemplating. She didn't want to disappoint the warrior, for she sounded very serious. "Yes Miss Cwmfen..." She then muttered, looking up at her with a small smile. However, the puppy's arrogance would overthrow her word, and within the next couple of days would meet two very unlikely individuals at the borders of Dahlia that would act and say upon some very interesting things about Dahlia itself. It would be an indicator then that even now the puppy wasn't ready to start the training and journey as a warrior yet, for she would break her word with Cwmfen not once, but twice over.

Meanwhile with swimming, the warrior laughed gently as she watched the pup paddle as with much effort as possible, and her effort was causing her limbs and paws to get heated from the movement. Apparently she was doing fine, and Catalyst tried to muster a toothy smile as she strained her neck from submerging. A little bit more until Cwmfen approved of her display, and now offered to take her back to shore and firm ground. What a relief! The pup felt like she was about to give out until the gentle grasp of the warrior was felt, and before she knew it the both of them were gliding to the shore. The way back was a little treat for Catalyst, as their swift motion back to shallow waters was quite fun for herself as it felt she was sailing along. A small giggle rose from her, a little disappointed to see her ride ending so quickly. Finally coming upon solid ground, the first thing she did was shake her coat throughly (and hopefully not making a mess upon Cwmfen's crow, if it happened to be upon the ground or not). With her fur matted and sticking up haphazardly, a proud smile boasted on her maw as she looked back to the depths. "I did wonderful?" It felt good to be praised, and better more to conquer the depths of the Spring. Just wait until the rest of her siblings knew what she did! Speaking of which, it seemed to be getting late, judging by the position and colors of the sky. "Miss Cwmfen... I think I hafta' go now. Is' getting late." Catalyst didn't want Miss Cercelee to be upset for staying out too late, but at the same time she didn't want her moment to end with Miss Cwmfen, seeing as how she was having fun talking and swimming with her.

[/html]