aces high.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Not sure if I'm dumb or not, but I can't find a formal "joining" form anywhere for IF, so I just took PV's. :p

1. Character Name: Gaël morte dre Soul
2. Character Birthdate (including year): MAY 7, 2008
3. Luperci?: Yup.
4. Gender: Male.
5. Your e-mail: deviousgoldfish [at] gmail.com
6. A secondary form of contact: [aim] monkey seizure
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: a little bird told me. ;D

--

A year old. Hardly a few days ago, his first birthday had come and passed. There had been no celebrating, no formalities, no cheering or congratulations. On the day of their first birthday, he and his siblings found their father. Found, attacked, and lost to their father, no less; they lost to a scheming, one-eyed lunatic who stole away their mother forever without even knowing it. A scarred, sad excuse for a leader he'd been... and yet Gaël knew which parent he resembled. He did not bare the emerald shade of his father's eye, but instead the yearling possessed the unique, turquoise hue he'd become known for. A mixture, perhaps, where within the green resided. Somehow, that monster had to be a part of him. Somehow, he had to live knowing that the creature who had created and ruined his family was alive, happy, and thriving.

Gaël couldn't stand to live with that.

All the research they had done to find their father in the first place proved to be beneficial in the end. Miriette had chosen to remain in the pack under their terrible father's control, while Heath refused to follow in suit but remained nearby anyway. Gaël, on the other hand, used his wits: according to rumor and observations, there was a smaller band of coyotes to the north of Phoenix Valley, and at the present time the clan and pack were on bad terms. It was almost too perfect; the hybrid could grow and learn his way through a fight, have a place to live, and still keep an eye on his father and siblings from afar. Thus, at the borders he waited. Turquoise eyes keen, the big-boned yearling stood at the edge of what was the infamous Inferni territory, frowning with his head held high, and simply waited.

[/html]
Zana had perched herself up in one of the few trees that stood on the prairie where the strange male was standing, waiting for something. What she didn't know, but he didn't belong on their lands. She gave a little cackle of amusement as she pulled out the pint sized peashooter and loaded it with a small pebble. She narrowed her eyes as she took aim at the male's rump and gave a short powerful burst of air, sending the pebble rocketing towards the male. Zana hadn't been able to get much practice from the trees til now, and she wasn't going to lose that!

She called out from her hideaway, "Go away wolf!" her high voice carrying across the land as she shifted in the tree, lowering herself to the next branch as she glared at the male. There was no reason for the male to be hanging around and she didn't think she knew him, but he was a bit of a distance away. She knew she surely didn't trust him, he'd probably try and eat her if he could get the chance. She sure was glad that she'd become equipped with some weapons that suited her quite well or she wouldn't stand a chance.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Time spent in his mind passed the period of waiting by a little more hastily, though waiting was always such a long and mystifying thing. Gaël had never been fond of wasting time, but then again, the past few months spent wandering for a purpose they hadn't even been sure of had been plenty of wasted time... yet they had lost nothing. Nothing waited for them back in Aube de Musique other than memories and the aging faces that had tried to raise them but made no parental substitution for their real mother and father. Thomas, or what they could remember of the cranky man, had never been fond of the three mistakes his mate had been "blessed" with bearing; he'd never been much of a stepfather at all, in the end, but their real father hadn't exactly been a parental figure either. Nonetheless, the yearling's thoughts bored him, and he stifled a discreet yawn before noticing a number of small rocks at his feet that he hadn't seemed to notice before.

Some high-pitched, almost painful sound shrieked from nearby treetops; the caller's tone was almost familiar, though the bright-eyed boy could not find a name to match. He turned his head slowly, curious, before being pelted in the forehead with a small, hardly painful pebble that happily danced to the ground thereafter. Gaël sighed, recognizing the voice as belonging to a child, and called right back after it. "I'm only part wolf," he responded earnestly, ears flicking backward. He hated resembling his father.

[/html]
She clung to the tree like a koala as she attempted to shoot pebble after pebble at the beast on the borders. Each time she'd aimed another one his way she took a second to move further down the tree and closer to ground, incase the monster realized she was there and knew how to climb. She knew she probably wouldn't do much better on open ground but even though she was small she was quick and as tiny as she was she could easy fit down a fox hole or badger den where the large male would have a hard time getting to her. She had spent much time locating old abandoned dens of smaller mammals for just that reason. If that brute that had tried to make her dinner ever appeared again she'd be ready.. and if she had her way she'd make him pay.

Her mind shifted from the thoughts of revenge back to the figure before her as she realized that he'd spied her, or atleast calculated where her voice had come from. She was rather annoyed that her shots she'd fired hadn't done anything to harm the larger canine and she realized that she'd probably have to find something else to do damage with. Colibri had spoke of properties of plants and if used correctly they could make the gulls sick.. she bet that if she used more of the toxins she could make larger enemies sick too. A evil little grin spread across her face at the realization though was short lived as the male spoke up.

She glared out at the male through the branches and replied, "You're still a wolf!" Lowering herself down to the lowest branch she finally was able to clearly see the male as she pouted in disappointment. "Oh, it's you." Realizing who the wolf was now she picked at the bark of the tree as she asked. "What you want with clan?" She didn't like the idea of the wolf lingering so close to the borders but if she was lucky Gabriel or Ryan would come by and chase him off. She'd love to see that!
[html]
The child dropped down from the high branches not long afterward, finally giving the yearling an opportunity to see who his questioner was. Needless to say, he recognized her instantly and resisted every urge to groan and roll his eyes. What had she said her name was, anyway? Thankfully his determination was thick enough that he didn't second-think his hopefulness for entrance despite the child. She was quite the monkey, it seemed, having swung around and flinging pebbles or whatnot, but regardless she seemed to have a level of trust with him (even if their first meeting hadn't been so smooth).

Gaël wasn't quite met with the warmest of welcomes and she seemed to react to seeing him in the way he did she, which hardly surprised the bright-eyed boy. "I want to stay here," he said quietly, sizing himself up and straightening his shoulders as if she was the one he was expected to impress. "I mean... I was goin' to ask if I could." His eyes averted. He certainly sounded silly with that accent, didn't he? Doubled with the nervousness in his stomach, the boy didn't exactly make the greatest of stances and first impressions, or so he assumed, but he forced a strong face and cleared his throat. "I... t'ought I should just stay here and see if someone go by," he admitted, clearly new to the process.

[/html]
Zana had cleared a small section of bark from the tree while the male had rumbled on, her tiny claws stabbing little ants that had been crawling up and down the trunk while her eyes shifted from the collection of dying ants to the male down below. She twitched her little tuff of a tail back and forth behind her as she thought about what he said. Finally abandoning the ants she crouched down and squinted at the male. "Yous don't look like a coyote to me, and we don't like outsiders here." Really, she didn't know what the clan liked, she'd got in on the fact that she was a Lykoi, and probably some warped little bit of satisfaction of having Iskata's child in the mists of the clan where she would have hated her being most of all, but what reason would they let the wolf stay, she couldn't guess.

She dropped little shreds of the bark as she wondered which of the leaders was closer. She doubted that Ryan would run the male off but she might have a chance if Gabriel would show up. She flicked one of her oversized ears as she tried to decide if she should call for one of the leaders when the male admitted that he was just going to sit there and wait. She eyed him suspiciously as she blurted out. "That just stupid.." Forgetting all about how she was hoping that the mutt would get ran off she announced. "I make them come!"

Without even waiting for a response she threw back her head and let out a high pitched yapping drawl, calling out for the two in charge to come find her. She tugged on one of her curls as she smiled smugly. "see? They come now! I'd still run if I was you. You's wolf." she nodded her head as though that was all the approval she needed to know that she was right and he was indeed a wolf.
[html]
Unsurprisingly, the eagerness in the young Zana had only slightly improved since their first meeting, but that had been a few months back. Gaël had little experience with children, but what he did know was that they grew up fast and matured late, or so it seemed in the case of Heath (who was still as terribly reckless as he had been in his early months). She had grown a bit, though, and Gaël was afraid to admit to himself that it had indeed taken a second glance in order to recognize her, even if the recognition process was close to immediate. It took a pup to have untrained eyes in matters of hybrids and species, for the big-boned yearling was indeed of two different bloods... however, it also took a pup to point out the obvious when it was true. He looked like no coyote.

Of course, that didn't mean he liked it that way. "Dey would 'ave been proud of my mudder," he said, ears flicking back against his skull as he recalled what few months they had been lucky to spend with her. Memories were foggy, of course, and despite the efforts of the Aube de Musique clan, Gaël and his siblings had grown up primarily without parental figures. They were misguided and hurt growing up, leading to the darkness that stirred within all three, but it seemed his younger siblings had shaped into creatures much more brooding than he. Aurelie had been a good coyote, if it could be said; she was a wonderful mother despite the children she hadn't expected to have, and she fought the good fight. Inferni would have welcomed her strength for sure... a strength that Gaël hoped to one day possess in turn. "She was a coyote... And my fahder was a mixture of wolf and coyote." And somehow, unlike his siblings, Gaël had managed to resemble the one third that shamed the rest.

Zana wasted no time, evidently, and sent out some ear-shattering squeal in excuse for a howl despite the argument Gael made against it. His tail tucked between his legs and he frowned, fearing the worst. A moment's hesitation passed cowering as such before he breathed in deep, corrected his stance, and stood confidently once more, trying to mimic the strength he hoped to have inherited from Aurelie. He was part coyote, after all. He would have explained the whole story if he needed to. "I'm not a wolf," Gaël muttered, voice suddenly darker than before. Turquoise eyes peered down at her and immediately softened; she didn't know better. "I do not want to be a wolf," he finished, nearly downtrodden on the thought.

[/html]
Is it cool if I throw Ryan in here? Don't know if you guys had plotted otherwise.[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... purple.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Zana. She knew it right away. The voice was light, high pitched – a child. For a split second, Ryan feared that it was Valkyrie calling out for her. But no, she was able to tell after clearing away the panic that it was the little Lykoi girl. She wasn’t sure what the call meant, but it made her worried. Something about the edge to that call… were the gulls at it again?

Ryan tore away from her sewing, racing towards the child’s voice. She knew it would be much faster if she were to shift to four legs, but she found it much more awkward to move like that. There was no transition period when switching forms, but now it seemed as if Optime was just more natural – a well oiled machine, whereas her other forms were rusty. As she ran, the hem of her dress billowed around her thighs, arms pumping to allow her to run faster. Her mind was racing, thinking of different situations the girl could have possibly gotten herself into. If it were those gulls again… Ryan let a low growl rumble in her throat. Those things never seemed to leave the girls alone.

She slowed her pace when Zana finally came into view after what seemed like forever. How long had it taken her to make it there? The adrenaline that had fueled her forward began to recede slightly when Ryan noticed that Zana didn’t look too distressed. There was a stranger, yes, but they had kept there distance. Hopefully this was just a simple case of a wanderer looking for a home. But if he put even one finger on Zana... boy, would he get it!

"Is everything alright?" She addressed the girl, eyeing Gaël warily. He was big, yes, but didn’t look entirely threatening with his current stance.

[/html]
The small girl watched him wearily as he tried to explain things to her. Speaking of his mother just reminded her of her own sorry excuse for a parent. Her ears pinned back against her skull as she asked, "They when isn't she here instead of you. I doubt thinks you looks like much to be proud of.." She nipped at the end of one of her nails as he continued on, the conversation turning to his father's bloodlines as well as she put up her weapon in the little pouch as she steady herself on the large bottom limb of the tree.

She was rather surprised when the male began to cower down as she called out for one of the leaders. If he wanted to be here so much why in the world was he so afraid. She shook her head as he once again tried to assure her that he was not a wolf, that he did not want to be a wolf. She scratched at the back of her neck as she questioned. "You can't unmake yourselves. You wolf, you stuck wolf!" She nodded at the male as she went back to picking at the tree's bark while they waited.

She was almost disappointed when Ryan showed up but she just smiled slightly and called out. "I founds a wolf and he wants to stay.. but I don't want to keep him!" She knew that she was being childish, she had no say in the whole thing but she still was going to say what she had to say. She glanced back to Gael as she whispered to Ryan. "I won't be mad if you want to keep him though.." but that didn't mean she wouldn't terrorize him when she had the chance, that just came with being part of the family.
[html]
The stupid child was right, in the end: he was not his mother. He didn't have her strength or charisma, and one way or another, he'd grown to resemble his father in more ways than one. Not one of the three siblings had managed to inherit their mother's gentleness and all three had ended up with some sort of temper and a darkness in the aura that followed them. Gaël wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to change who he was or become the gentle thing his mother had been, but in the world they lived in now, he wouldn't have survived. Their father needed to be taken care of--and without the temper his father handed down, Gaël wouldn't have been able to do it. After all, Aurelie hadn't been able to, either.

He didn't respond to the child's words, holding his thick silence until a soul responded to the shriek she'd sent out: a female with seemingly gentle eyes, much to the yearling's relief. She sent him the most suspicious of stares after questioning him quickly, only to have his answers stupidly given by the unknowing child. His ears flicked back as she spoke and the boy's turquoise eyes rolled, breathing a small sigh before straightening up to face the leader that had approached. "...What s'ee said," he said quietly, voice thick with accent. Eyes strayed to the ground a moment, ashamed of the fingers pointed at him, but quickly returned. "...But I'm mostly coyote, not wolf. My fahder..." He trailed off, then shook his head and lowered his stance, awkward and new to such things as respect and... begging. "My name is Gaël, ma'am." He was trying, though.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... purple.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ryan wanted to laugh at the childish comment that Zana had made about not wanting to keep this guy around, but she kept her face controlled, professional. She looked to Gaël then, studying him for a few moments, while Zana announced that she would let Ryan make her own decision. She couldn’t help but let a small smile appear, before washing it away just a second later. "Gaël, huh?" She addressed the male, still eyeing him curiously. He did look largely wolf, but he had said that there was some coyote in him. Ryan, after all, couldn’t judge anyone with mixed blood. Her father had mixed a third wolf into Ryan’s make-up, though she firmly retained the lithe coyote look from her mother.

"This is Inferni, though I’m sure you know that." The clan did have its reputation, and she was sure no helpless wanderer would come here. The piked wolf skulls usually scared off the weak at heart. "I’m Ryan de le Poer, one of the leaders here." She took a few steps towards him, pausing a moment when she abruptly became captivated by his eyes. They were so vibrant. "Who’s your family?" She asked, curious mostly, breaking away from the momentary spell he had unknowingly rendered.

[/html]
The small girl peered down at Gael as he voiced his own words to correct her information she'd handed off to Ryan. She gave a scowl his way as he seemed to get Ryan's attention and she began to ask him her own questions. Zana's small tail flipped back and forth in agitation as she waited to see what was going to happen. She voiced her option as the two of them talked it out below. "If he has family he should be with them!" Which was actually ironic to be coming from the girl since her own family was spread near and far and she'd taken up in the one lands that her family believed she didn't belong.

She sat her rump down on the tree limb and played with her little peashooter, wondering if she'd get another chance to practice on the wolf while Ryan wasn't looking. She sighed to herself as it seemed that she was going to be stuck living in the same lands as the wolf but she didn't voice her thoughts this time around. She'd have someone to harass atleast, Val didn't seem to like the little games Zana played when she'd shoot pebbles at the animals and make them cry out in pain if she managed to shoot them. Maybe she could find someone who didn't mind harassing others when they deserved it, and this wolf really deserved it, thinking he belonged in Inferni.
O_O;...

[html]

She was much kinder than he might have expected from an Inferni leader, as she prominently proclaimed. At first he wasn't sure if he should have believed it, but Gaël was smart enough to think twice on his often misguided instincts: this Ryan stood tall and confidently, maintaining a cool air about her and presented herself gently. It wasn't unheard of for a leader to be as such; Laureat had been kindly himself, the big white wolf back in Aube de Musique. Laurie had been a stand-in grandfather figure for the triplets growing up, and if they were to miss anyone outside of Aurelie from their old pack of birth, it would have been Laurie. Gaël recognized the air he'd been familiar with in Laureat and saw it in Ryan, and the yearling unconsciously relaxed some, as if he was suddenly in a more familiar place.

Of course, Zana's yapping voice pulled him immediately out of such comfort, but the hybrid straightened himself up and tried to at least look presentable in Ryan's eyes. He caught a strange gaze she was sending him, especially when they locked eyes, but it was quickly broken and the interrogation began. Gaël didn't understand the power his eyes had, nor was he his own witness to their effect, and thus the hybrid shrugged it off and believed Ryan had just been studying him. Turquoise eyes turned to glance up at Zana in the trees, addressing her first. "My mudder is dead," he said quietly, a distinct seriousness in his eye that was unlike the other looks he had sent the pup previously. His gaze returned to Ryan after a pause, and he heaved a sigh before continuing. "S'ee was killed when I was young, but s'ee was a coyote. My sister and brudder are livin' nearby." That was all the family he had... or wanted to have, anyway. He bowed his head, not sure what else to say--surely she'd ask about his father since he'd almost blurted out something about him already, so he inhaled deeply and finished. "...My fahder lives in Phoenix Valley."

[/html]
[html]

Before Gaël addressed Ryan, a reply was shot towards Zana who had retreated into the trees. His words surprised Ryan, and for a slight moment she found her mouth hanging open. She shut it with a lightly audible snap, hoping the turquoise eyes had been focused on Zana, so that he did not see. She wasn’t sure why she was so shocked to hear that his mother was dead, since death was a natural part of life. Either way, she felt an edge of empathy arise. After all, she had arrived at Inferni’s doorstep much the same.

Then he solidly returned his attention to her, and Ryan listened closely. Though she had been interested in his family just moments ago, her curiosity had been piqued. Siblings were something Ryan didn’t have, however, so she couldn’t identify with him there. It made her wonder… would they follow him to Inferni? She was unaware that in fact she had already spent a day with his brother in Halifax.

She wasn’t sure whether or not to offer her sympathies. Ryan had never been one for formalities, after all. Her duties still seemed to be awkward to her, though she carried them out the best she knew how. But Gaël saved her from having to decide what to do. The last words to tumble from his mouth made Ryan frown. "You do know…", there was a sharp intake of breath, "that Phoenix Valley and Inferni aren’t on good terms?" She eyed him curiously, wondering why he wouldn’t go to DaVinci’s pack to live with his father. After all, when Ryan had first wandered here, thoughts of finding and living with her father had constantly plagued her mind. "I just want you to be aware of that," she gulped audibly, "in case it might cause conflict with your family." She, of course, was thinking entirely of her relationship with Davinci. Ryan wouldn’t want this poor guy to have to face anything like that, especially with anyone who was kin.

[/html]
The small mouthy girl in the tree gave a huff at the words of the male as he went on about how his mother was dead and something else about sibling living around she rolled her eyes and grumbled down at him. "That boring! Get to the good stuff!" She really hated to hear the same old story and it seemed that the one that Gael was going to tell was almost like every other one she'd heard. Some big sob story with a little bit of pity me tied in. She began to flick pebbles down at Gael once more until he spoke of a place she knew well.

Her ears pricked forward as she leaned down to squint at the male as she commented almost friendly. "You says hi to Dabi for me if yous goes to the valley again? Yes? No?" She knew she wasn't allowed to go running off to see DaVinci anymore and it upset her. She didn't like the idea that just because someone else didn't like DaVinci that she should have to hate him. He was her brother, and he was coyote too. Just because he belonged to the wolf pack didn't mean much to her. Then again nothing serious ever seemed to get through to the girl, but why should it, no one really took her seriously, she was a pint sized version of the real deal.
[html]

Gaël looked up at Ryan shallowly as she spoke, big eyes unintentionally pleading with her as if he was still the puppy he was just a few months before. His expression changed, however, when a few stray pebbles bounced off his head, at which his brows furrowed and he frowned. The yearling wondered how obvious it was that he and Zana had met previously--and unfortunately. The pup had been a bit too much for him then, and it seemed she hadn't changed much in the past few months. Regardless, his temper flared but the boy managed to maintain his patience. Not shifting his eyes to scold the child, the boy addressed Ryan's question and hoped her decisions wouldn't be affected by the child's brashness.

"I know," the hybrid said slowly, looking down at soil beneath his feet. "I want... to ruin everyfing he has," the boy admitted. "I t'ought I could learn how to fight here. I have my reasons." A darkness loomed within Gaël's bright eyes, though averted and hidden. "I want to help Inferni against Phoenix Valley," he finished. The child interrupted next, mumbling something about the pack that the boy hardly thought about. Darkness suddenly lifting, the hybrid turned to look up at her, voice as innocent as before. "I don't know a Dabby... Sorry."

[/html]
[html]

Ryan winced at little when Zana mentioned Davinci, even though she knew that she shouldn’t anymore. It was obvious that things between the two weren’t going to be how either had wanted at one point. Though, maybe it was for the better that she had finally let some of him slip. With a little more time, maybe she could let all of him go. Just not this soon. She noticed then as a pebble rebounded off of Gaël. The Inferni woman shot an accusing glance at Zana, wordlessly scolding her for her action. Though Ryan knew she was far from Zana’s mother, the girl had a place in Ryan's heart that was somewhat similar to Valkyrie’s.

Her attention returned to Gaël, though, as he began to speak in response to Ryan’s warning. The answers he gave were surprising, but no doubt the kind of spirit Inferni would be welcoming right now. 'I want to help Inferni against Phoenix Valley.' Though it was not what Ryan wanted, it was what the clan needed. "Well," Ryan began, unsure of how to start. "Gabriel is the other leader here. Of course you’ll be expected to offer your respect and loyalty. And for that, we have a place for you. There’s a mansion," she motioned in the direction, "that way, where some in our ranks find refuge. Or you can make yourself comfortable in the cliffs that way. It’s where I, my daughter, and Zana have made our den. Anywhere you want is fine." She studied him for a moment, before adding, "You’ll start in our ranks as a Tirones. If you prove useful, you may find yourself with more responsibilities. Welcome to Inferni, Gaël."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.