Sleep Provides No Rest
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

ooc: Just a bit of rambling. Ruri's bored, and depressed about Jac, so perhaps Firefly could try and cheer her up? *thinks* Wait a minute...Firefly + Cheer up = (is that even possible) XD

Her pale blue eyes were shut tight as the female laid, sleeping on the ground in front of the cabin. She had shifted down to her lupus form today, finding it was easier to get around by herself when she was on all fours. Even though she could move around more easily in her four-legged form she did not enjoy it as much as her bipedal optime form. She was small to begin with, and being even shorter and lighter in weight did not feel very comforting to the wolf dog hybrid. The fur feathering on her forelimbs and chest blew in the breeze as she slept. Her ears were pinned back against her head, her toes twitched, and the muscles in her face occasionally shifted to looks of fear and terror. Her subconscious mind for some reason saw fit to replay the memories of the shipwreck over and over again as she slept. The fact that the ordeal had been almost all she had thought about for the past few days hadn't helped in the least, but it still didn't seem fair for her mind to plague her as she attempted to rest peacefully.

She whimpered and mumbled several inaudible words ranging from a simple "No...no." to something more elaborate, "Jacquez...what...where are you?" After repeating that phrase she awoke with a startled yelp, her chest heaving in paniced breathes. "I'm never going to get any sleep," she sighed, exhaustedly, as she slowly rolled onto her underside and stood up. If she couldn't sleep now, she figured she might as well take a walk. Her ears half-folded ears flattened against her skull in a depressed manner as the small she wolf began to carefully walk away from the cabin. She had spent enough time wandering around the cabin to quickly learn the various land marks around it, everything from bushes to abnormally shaped rocks. She had mapped out a sort of circle with a roughly 100 yard radius around the structure. It wouldn't seem like all that far for someone with their eyesight, but for a blind girl, being able to map out certain areas in her mind based upon how certain things felt and smelled was quite an accomplishment. That was how she had managed to get around the ship. Over the first few months aboard with Jac, he had led her around every deck and room, helping her memorize each area through certain non-visual means. Unfortunately, Jac had not been here to help her this time. She had spent most of her time, while her various cuts and bruises were healing, wandering the area around the cabin to keep herself busy. When the other inhabitants of the house were home, she would spend time talking with them; but the majority of the time, either Firefly or Svara were off doing something. She would have asked to go with one of them, but she hadn't really felt up to any long distance travel lately. Her limbs were still sore, although now the pain was a minor discomfort that she guessed would soon go away.

So, Ruri continued wandering around, her senses tuned to the area around her as she walked her small exercise circuit.

[/html]
Firefly had taken to moving away from the cabin and exploring the shattered coastline thoroughly. She was trying everything to keep her mind off the thought of her children but it was even something that she couldn't escape. The golden bronze woman sighed to herself as she lay perched on a low branch of one of the trees that say around the cabin. She'd returned some time ago from scouting the lands again though she found little of interest today and though she didn't mind the company of the others she wasn't ready to put of a false front and return to her fierce cold self the rest of the world knew so well.

She had closed her eyes and was listening to the noises of nature when the birds seemed to grow frantic, calling out alarms to one another as they flitted from her tree and moving deeper into the small woods and out of sight. Opening one eyes Firefly caught sight of Ruri moving slowly through the lands. She watched the woman but didn't call out to her just yet or come down to join her. Closer and closer the other girl drew before she was almost under the tree's shade when Firefly questioned her. "What.. was Jac like.." she asked.

It had been a while since she'd seen the man and though she wouldn't admit it the male had been one of her first crushes and had left her bitter when she'd found herself ashore in Ireland with the knowledge that he wouldn't be joining her siblings and she. The fact that upon returning to North America her brother had joined up with his band and both males had left her to return to the real world had soured her temper even more, she still nurtured that first love for the pirate who'd introduced her to the gypsy way of life.
[html]

Svara had no intentions of bothering the girl. She had spotted her form when she had returned from gathering herbs and didn't want to disturb her. Sometimes people were better left alone. Sighing Svara felt like that went with Firefly to, her friend seemed to have taken the lose of Dahlia even harder then herself. It was understandable that a women would morn the loss of her children. Putting her basket down Svara shifted down to her wolf form and took a breath of joy. It had been so long since she could take this form.

Laying down on the other side of the cabin she just listened to everything. Ever since she had started living here with Firefly and now Ruri her life had taken a dramtaic turn and she had had no choice but to grow up. Leroy was still in Crimson Dreams and would be until he offically told them he was leaving, or got kicked out. The sound of Ruri's voice made Svara's ears perk. Talking about the man she had lost at sea. It was sad and depressing, and Svara could understand the pain in loosing someone, because all the people from Dahlia were dead only Firefly had lived.

Soon after Firefly's voice joined in, but it was her question that made the particually blind women's ears perk. Was she so fond of the man as well? They called him Jacquez or jac and now the red she wolf was just as curious as to who this male was. Staying where they wouldn't be bothered the healer just listened wanting to take in everything and find out who he was as well. Was this man maybe important to the future?

[/html]
[html]

Would... Anyone mind if I hopped in? The thread was labeled as All Welcome.... Big Grin

Brown trunk, after brown trunk, after brown trunk.
"As árvores são pequenas aqui... It's so... Open," said a cocoa colored female to hersef as she padded slowly through the forest. It was so quiet here, so peaceful. Much different form her life in the rainforest. There, it was never quiet. The cacophany of animal noises, insect chirpings, and bird calls never let up. She had loved it, but... The silence was nice, too.

Pale blue eyes once more scanned her surroundings, but she still couldn't see anything but trees. She could smell only the unfamiliar scent of deciduous soil, so different from that of her damp homeland. Then, through an opening in the trees, she spotted a cabina. Finally, some concious being! Upon clearing the tree line, she caught sight of a reddish wolf with yellow eyes. Not thinking that perhaps the inhabitants of the cabin might be unfriendly, she slowed down a bit, but kept walking as she approached the red-furred female. "Olá! How are you today?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

The fragile dog girl was surprised by Firefly's question. She hadn't been paying attention otherwise she would have noticed that the bronze and gold wolfess was there. However, now that she did know where the woman was, she still had to think of her answer. What was Jac like? For one, Ruri wasn't sure why Firefly had used the word was, making it sound like Jac wasn't coming back. Ruri shook her head slightly, agreeing that her confusion was simply the result of over thinking the question. After padding over to where the woman was perched, the slate and ivory lupus reclined to her haunches before answering the she-wolf. "Jac's really nice. He's very protective of me and he's a good leader," she paused for a moment, wondering whether she should tell about the few times she had caught Jac indulging in the less than noble aspects of his personality. "He likes rum...a lot...and girls. I've only ever caught him with another girl once though. He's pretty careful not to do that sort of stuff around me. He never let's me take even the slightest sip of rum, even though he repeatedly tells me how good it is," she shrugged slightly. Her tassle picked up a slight wag as she spoke about her friend. For a moment, answering Firefly's question was helping her forget her depression and worries. Ruri giggled slightly when she remembered the time she had caught Jac. "He's very...sure of himself, and doesn't like people questioning his authority, although he hasn't minded the few times I've disagreed with him. I suppose that's understandable. He is a king after all," she finished, her gaze wandering as she stared upwards. Firefly's voice had come from above the fragile female. Ruri assumed she must be in a tree. Her head cocked to the side curiously as she added a question of her own. "Firefly...how do you and Jac know each other? I never asked him the details as to how he knew you, or your brother Da'Vinci," her voice was quiet and a bit unsure of herself. Was such a question okay to ask at this point in time? Ruri didn't really want the conversation to end, so she had just tried to come up with something to keep it going. Talking to Firefly was helping to ease her mind...for the moment anyway.

[/html]
(sorry guys)

Firefly could just catch the sound of others in the distance but she ignored them as she stared down at Ruri from above, wondering if Jacquez had changed much from the man she once knew. She watched as Ruri came closer to join her, atleast in the sense of presence. She flicked her ears back slightly and waited for the girl's answer. It didn't take long for her to find the words she was looking for as she began to pour out a story of the male. She couldn't see the smile that spread across Firefly's maw but the woman was highly amused by the fact that the rascal hadn't changed one bit. A soft chuckle rose from above the blind girl as Firefly sighed. "Oh he's never going to change is he.." She didn't expect an answer, the question really didn't need one. They both already knew it.

She glanced down as she realized the blind girl was looking up towards her she should have figured that the girl would have had questions of her own but she didn't think that they would have come about so quickly or that they would have made her think so deeply. There was one thing Firefly didn't like to do often and that was remember the sour times of her life, right before she'd met Jacquez had been one of those. She sighed softly as she began. "DaVinci, Magdalena and I met Jacquez when we were further down the coast, hundreds of miles from here.. We boarded ship with him looking for adventures.. and somehow we ended up in Ireland. Inbetween DaVinci and I began to get to know Jacquez better. I was younger than you are now.. Oddly enough on our return voyage back.. Jacquez' crew just happened to be the ship we boarded again. Magdalena and I had to return here.. but DaVinci stayed on ship with Jacquez.." She left out all the silly little details of the games they played, how she'd developed her first crush, still a child, on the male on the trip to Ireland and how she'd returned a woman to this wild world they lived in now.
[html]
Still waters run deep

The fragile female listened intently to Firefly's story of her past experiences with Jac. It was interesting that Jac would have remembered her specifically after all this time. She smiled as she thought of the numerous times she had had to remind her friend of the names of those they had met previously. It was not in his nature to remember names very well, and yet he had remembered both Firefly's and Da'Vinci's names. Her feathery furred tail swished behind her contentedly as she tried to think of something else to ask Firefly. She knit her brow for a moment before finally arriving at a suitable question. "What was Ireland like? When I was sailing with Jac, we only went on short voyages. In fact, the longest one I've ever been on, was when we were sailing here..." she trailed off as her depression returned for a moment. However, she managed to shake it off reasonably fast, so that she would focus on her conversation with Firefly. She didn't want to ask Firefly anything too personal, but she couldn't help being curious. Having conversations was the only way she could keep her mind off Jacquez and where he was. Even if she was talking about him in the conversation it didn't seem to bother her. It was only when she was alone and brooding about the possible negative outcomes of the ship wreck. As such, she liked to keep people talking as long as possible. So, while she waited for Firefly's reply, she sat, quietly reclined on her haunches and with her ears focusing upward into the tree tops where Firefly was perched.

[/html]
Firefly chuckled when Ruri asked her about Ireland. She shook her head as she sighed. "I don't think that Jacquez meant us to end up in Ireland.." she admitted. They had ended up trying to outrun a hurricane out on the sea and the winds had send them far off route. They'd just sailed til they found land and DaVinci, Magdalena and Firefly had been so interested in the lands that they'd stayed. "Eire.. is a land of green. The clans there are more like small kingdoms but everyone is close.. Even when they go to battle with another clan it's more for spite and game than anything else.." She really did miss the world she'd left behind, but as she thought about it right now she never would have found out Jacquez had been looking for them up the shore lately.

She grinned to herself as she crossed her arms under her chin and murmured. "Jac went to London for a while I think and met a whole new type of woman there before he seemed to remember that his place was in the Caribbeans. It wasn't long before he set back out for the lands he knew best. Oddly enough we caught his ship out of the lands and back to the new world.." She frowned, wondering just what it had been like with Jacquez in the lands and sea he'd known so well. "What was he like down south.." she asked.
[html]
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened intently to Firefly's description of this, land of green she seemed so fond of. Colors had no real meaning to the girl although she had come to learn that green, when describing nature usually meant that the plants were nice and healthy to the touch. Her understanding of green was that green meant nice soft grass to ly down on, instead of brown which meant itchy, prickly grass. She didn't remember Jac telling her about any stay in a place called London. Of course, that made sense if he hadn't even remembered how he had come to know Firefly and Da'Vinci. He had just remembered that he knew them. The bits and pieces of the story were all filling in now that Firefly was telling the story. The short little lupus remained contentedly reclined on her haunches beneath the tree as she listened to Firefly. She'd asked another question about Jac, which made Ruri have to think for a moment. She'd known Jac almost her entire life, and having to describe him in just a few sentences was hard for her. Still, she somehow managed to formulate an answer,"Like I said earlier, he's always been very protective of me. He commanded a lot of respect in our old home. He is a king after all. Everywhere we went, people knew him. Most people were nice to us when we sailed into port, but occasionally someone would try and push Jac's buttons which he'd usually beat him up for. You probably know that he doesn't like to be disrespected," she laughed when she spoke. The only person had usually allowed to argue with him on the crew was her. If anyone else on the crew disagreed with their king and captain, they would either do so silently or face punishment. Ruri didn't know what those punishments had been, she only knew that the crew didn't like them and as such obeyed without question. Ruri finally halted her brief fit of laughter, her voice taking on a calm tone once more as she resumed her answer, "Time's were tough down south. There wasn't much food to go around and I remember the crew having to ration food in between port stops. Things were really bad just before we left and decided to come up here. I remember once we didn't eat for two days because we ran out of food mid-voyage. Somehow, Jac always managed to keep us going, though. When he finally decided we would set sail for these lands, everyone on the crew was so convinced he didn't even have to give a speech. They all consented as soon as he said we were leaving." She smiled and shook her head when she remembered how Jac had almost insisted on giving a stirring speech in an attempt to rally the crew. She'd had to stop him so that they could get the voyage underway in a hurry. The blind collie girl wagged her feather-furred tail contentedly as she thought about her times with Jac. Her smile faded briefly as she thought of how much she missed him. However, she was quickly back to focusing on her conversation with Firefly. No need to fret about her problems at the moment.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help but chuckle at the words of Ruri. She knew that Jac didn't like it when others questioned his authority but she'd somehow found her own ways around that, flitting and fluttering her eyes. She'd learned at a very young age that she could generally get what she wanted by just showing off those dazzling orbs and acting helpless and hopeless. In time she'd perfected that into the games she used to get what she wanted. Though she'd become careless in Dahlia de Mai it had served it's purpose to remind her of what she needed to do and how she needed to act in certain times. She still missed her children but she could let those thoughts slide if it kept her real emotions at bay.

Firefly flicked her orbs back to Ruri as she sighed. "I really missed him. He was something special.. I was barely a pup and he'd already captured my heart." she shook her head at the thought of it. She'd been a foolish pup and she knew that loving Jac was impossible if you wanted the emotions returned on a daily basis. She'd already found that she could not share a man she was with with another and she knew that if Jac ever showed up again that she'd have a hard time keeping herself in line and her emotions in check. She turned her eyes to her paws as she began to let her nails trace in the dirt as she murmured. "It's not like it matters now.." she said, not knowing if she was really referring to the ways of the man, or the fact that he was still missing.