Whispers in the Sand
Whisper Beach.

Zana had been spending too much time away from her clan and she knew that sooner or later she would be found if she did not return. The little woman loved her family in Inferni but she had set out to explore the lands and see just what was waiting for her out there. So far, she hadn't like what she'd found. The clan had been right, the wolves of the lands for the most part were cruel and twisted creatures, ruthless enough to kill a child if given the chance. The women seemed a little more reserved but she would be willing to bet that they were just as wicked in their ways.

The little girl had climbed up into one of the scraggy little trees that attempted to grow in the dunes so close to the bay. The ocean waters beating against the sands echoed in her ears as she waited for one of the stupid little gulls to come down and attempt to snack on some juicy morsel from the sea, then she would show them. Her eyes shone as one did just as she'd been hoping for, moving down to the sands and picking at the bony remains of a fish carcass. She chuckled to herself darkly as she placed one of her precious small dart into the peashooter and took aim at the bird. She'd learned overtime to be patient and line everything up, knowing that if she didn't that her ventures would fail.

Drawing in a deep breath she gave a short powerful burst of air down the slender tube, the sound of the dart whistled as it rang true. In the blink of an eye the bird let out a squawk of alarm. She smiled to herself as the still form of the bird lay there on the sands, Colibri had shown her the deadly poisons but she probably hadn't thought that the tiny girl from Inferni would experiment and increase the dosage until it could bring death in a heartbeat.
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">
      Sorry for the delay! 300+

Don't touch too much - you touch too much
      Lubomir stood outside the borders, watching the little girl and her approach. His eyes narrowed slightly as her scent drifted on the wind. She reeked of coyote and once more he mentally questioned exactly what Cercelee and Gabriel had agreed to. He was allowed to send his scrawny children to spy on them, assuming that they would be safe because no decent wolf would murder them? There was some truth in there, sure. Insofar as Lubomir was concerned, anyway. As the leader of his pack had pointed out, his role as Ambassador was to be almost her second in command, at least in terms of peace keeping. With the pack growing almost daily, it seemed, there was no way that Dahlia could afford another war. No way at all. Which was not to say that some wouldn't crave the opportunity to pick bones with Inferni, but the leadership here, broken and dual as it was, would not allow it. Lubomir felt almost relieved that Cwmfen had taken such a high standing in the pack. He did not trust Haku, for all their shaky truce and Cercelee would not be able to defend herself, should the brute attack.

Again, his attention focused on what the girl was doing. She was scrawnier than Gabriel, so he assumed that she couldn't be his child. But when she shot the bird down and it did not move again, Lubomir felt his blood run cold. A bunch of psychos, that's what they were. Killers from infancy. He growled low in his throat. He couldn't exactly make her leave, since she wasn't in the Dahlia territories and to claim that she was would be a huge faux pas. But to see it... to see murder from one so young. Perhaps if he reasoned with her she would understand. She wasn't a child, not really. Walking towards the tree, tail held high, the wolf had to restrain himself from shouting at her. What would she know of murder and death? Perhaps it was simply morbid curiosity. "You should come down or you'll really hurt yourself." Would that do it?

[/html]
Zana hadn't realized that she had been watched the whole time as she'd taken out her annoying foe with her deadly little dart. She had been about to load another dart when she heard the voice of another calling out to her from the ground. The little girl could feel her fur bristling as she growled when she realized that it was a wolf who had addressed her. She peered down from her tree branch and bared her fangs at the male as she spat. "Why? So you can eat me?!" She really didn't have any reason to trust those horrible creatures anymore. She'd nearly been eaten by two of them now and she was tired of them. It was all the horrible males with their stupid hormones that thought they were big bad wolves. She loaded her little blow dart and glared at the male once more.

"Pfah!" she growled in disgust as she narrowed her eyes at the wolf. "I will not come anywhere near you wolf!" She picked through her little darts to find one that would work nicely, each of the poisons had different effects, some would make one sick, some drowsy, some would bring about death. As much as she wanted to kill the stupid wolf for harassing her she didn't think her tiny form would do any good getting rid of the body. Instead she pulled out a few pebbles, she'd try and annoy him until he left, if that didn't work she'd go to the more powerful ammo.
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">
      *hides under a rock with her fail*

Don't touch too much - you touch too much
      Well, wasn't she a rude one? Lubomir could recall a time when respect meant something, but perhaps the Old Country was called that for a good reason: perhaps it was just too outdated. Apparently being polite with your elders no longer meant anything in these lands. When she spat at him, he was almost hit, but the old wolf had enough presence of mind to step aside. He looked at the spot where the saliva had hit and he could not conceal the look of pure disgust on his face. How dare she spit at him like that? Her words made even less sense and he was starting to think that perhaps she was slightly insane, but her tone of voice really grated on his nerves. He took a deep breath to calm himself down. She was only a puppy, he had to remember that. "Why in the world would I want to eat you? If you don't mind me saying, you don't look very appetizing." Lubomir eyed her wearily when she loaded the dart, prepared to move away again if need be.

And it seemed she wouldn't stop it. Lubomir couldn't quite imagine why in the world he wasn't just giving up and going home, but perhaps it was his own foolishness which kept him from leaving. He had a right to. "You say that as if I hurt you! I don't even know who you are. Now put that thing down before you hurt yourself." The grey male couldn't understand why she would hate him so much. He'd never seen her before in his life, why would he want to hurt her, or Fenrir forbid, eat her?

[/html]
Little Zana had no respect for the creature before her because he didn't deserve respect. The creature before her wasn't worthy of her attention unless it involved pain and humility on his behalf. She doubted that he even know what humility was so she figured that anything she tried to teach him today was going to be a horribly misguided lesson. The look that crossed his face when she'd spat at him gave her utter delight as she cackled merrily and waited to see what in the world the monster would do. Her amusement nearly disappeared though when he decided to insult her by announcing that she didn't look very appetizing. Puffing out her chest she sneer at him and snorted. "I happen to know I am very appetizing! I've nearly been eaten three times already!" She turned around and showed him her small puppy butt before asking. "See, I'm all scrumptious and delicious.." Suddenly realizing what she was doing she stopped and narrowed her eyes as she added. "But you still can't eat me." She was a strange little one, that much was true.

The male though kept going on and on as though he was a parent or something and actually knew what was good for her. Little Zana wrinkled her nose and sneered at the male again as he told her to put her little weapon down before she hurt herself. She pinned her ears back as she announced. "Not for hurting myself stupid wolf, for hurting stupid wolf!" and with that she decided to load one of the little darts that had been dipped in the sap of poppies, knowing that the potent liquid would make the male sick in time and rather amusing to watch if she was able to put a dart in his rump. "Don't tempt me stupid wolf!" she said as she smiled and brought the blowgun up to her lips happily.