What place is this?
[html]

The pup had earned her own den upon the lands. The first time she had set paw upon Storm she had quickly aquired her own den, even if it had been entirely by accident. It had just been an escape from the storm that her Alpha had led her to. But seeing as how no one else had been using it Selene had kept it as her own. It was rising from that place tucked into the forested plains of the packland did she step paw out in order to deter from her quest. She was given the privelge to stay with the neighbors of the disbanded pack that she still searched for links to. But that was being saved for later. Right now she was going to explore the back that she found herself in while she was in the area.

The air as crisp and clean in the early morning light. Inhaling a deep breath, bright eyes searched the landscape. That happy little smile settled on the bubbly youth's lips. It was a new day and she was ready to take advantage of it. She set out by jsut looking around at all the things around her. Somewhere along the way it turned into a game of chase. She found a small critter awake in the winter time and followed after it. Bounding steps were used to kepe up with the hops of the hare. She hadn't thoughts of hunt but rather just saw it as a game. Tiny giggles sounded as she stumbled after the rabbit turned sharply. She quickly regained herself though and set herself back to folowing the animal again.

[/html]
[html]
Small pads appeared on the snow. They left a trace of a creature so mysterious, that even others could not determine the mind or personality of it. Tail whiplashed behind the bodice as if it were fingers drumming on a desktop. Optics searched left and right as a snout reached out into the sky and took in every breath of air and whatever scent it could. Pink tongue lashed out and licked the lips clean. Small, sharp ivories flashed in the bright sunlight. Blackened pelt stood out on the snow like a sore thumb. It was a wolf. A predator of great strengths and skills.

Ears the size of radar dishes caught sound of giggling. She turned quickly and looked with hackles raised a little. She relaxed as she saw it was only a pup chasing a rabbit. Was it a hunt? She was doing poorly if it was. Noticing the giggling, she soon realized that it was only a game of play. She grinned some as she watched it. When the rabbit rounded towards her, she thrust herself forward and with two pounces, the rabbit was in her jaws. It screamed and scratched at her face with its claws as it tried to dig itself out. She held it around the neck tight enough to hold it in her grasp, and loose enough so it would not kill it. Sly eyes watched the pup with a slick grin. And with one solid crunch, the rabbit was dead. Dropping it to the ground, she chuckled. She sneered as she spoke.

"Well thank you very much my dear. You made my hunt that much easier. A rabbit is a rare delicacy in this time of year you know."

[/html]
[html]

Her game of play had quickly been interupted as he companion was quickly snatched up into the jaws of another. Such a devastating act might dishearten anyone else but Selene really wasn't the brightest crayon in the box (despite the eye-burning font on her table). Rather she looked up at the wolfess with a curious head tilt. "You are welcome." Polite response was given with a bright smile. THe other had said 'Thank you' after all and so that meant it was her place to say 'You are welcome', it is what manners insisted upon. She couldn't really get upset with the dark female for destroying the game. If she had been hungry then Selene wouldn't have been so playful. Rather she would have already had the hare as a snack already.

"I can try to find another if you want. They just hide in holes." Yes, she was that innocent and naive as to not think anything of the sneer. She was much too trusting and accomidating for her own good. But she was rather proud of herself for being being able to wrestle prey from their hiding spots. It was a skilly that helped in the dead of winter. Especially since she couldn't bring down large game on her own. She had to know how to get to the small ones if she wanted to eat.

[/html]
[html]
As she watched the young one, she thought she heard her say you're welcome. She blinked a few times as she shook her head. She thought that it was most likely a waste of time trying to explain. Must not be the sharpest crayon on the box. An advantage to that was to come. "Anyway. What are you doing out here alone? Just trying to find something to play with?" she asked as she tiled her head back at her. "A friend maybe?" she asked as she tilted her head. It was just not usual to see a pup out on its own like this. She sat down into the snow as she kept her optics on the pup and began to think.

"This pup is... was much like me when I was younger. Although, I did not have anyone to teach me about anything. I wonder if this pup is in the same situation. It would be bad to see her go through life without knowing the skills of being a wolf or a Luperci."

[/html]
[html]

She didn't have to think at all about how she was going to answer the question. Instead it was blurted out quite easily. "I'm not alone. You are here too." And that was the way to point out the obvious in such a cheery way. But it really wasn't meant with any sarcasm at all. She was just stating a fact. One that came out with happy tones and the excited thumping of her tail against the ground. She couldn't help it though. She enjoyed meeting new wolves. In her eyes they were all family anyways.

But that thought brought on another. "I'm looking for my dad though. He is big and black just like you. Have you seen him?" Right, as if that vague description couldn't cover more than one wolf. But then she was only going on what she did know. That was limited in and of itself. All she had was what she could scrape together from delusional ramblings of fevered dreams.

[/html]
[html]
Kyuubi shook her head as the pup asked if she had seen her dad. She chuckled. Yep. She was much like her. She got up and looked around. Her auds assured her she was alone. Optics saw no other bodies in her presence. She looked down to the pup and gave a smile.

This pup was definately young, and spunky. She was an out of the box type of character, but that did not matter/ She reminded Kyuubi of herself. A rare occasion at that. However, she had a few tricks and tips to teach her since she was so much like her.

"Well if you like you can stay with me for a while and we can look for your father together."

[/html]
[html]

Of course she realized that her dad wasn't in the direct area. Her dad wasn't supposed to be in Storm he was supposed to be in Chimera. Chimera had been a neighbour of Storm until the pack had disbanded. But this female was older than her. She had ability to travel farther for longer periods of time than Selene did. The pup wanted ot know if her father was witnessed during travels. And if so, then where so that she can go check in that place for him. If only she could be pointed in the right direction then she didn't mind going out on her own to search for her dad by herself.

The pup readily agreed with a nod of her head to what the older wolf had suggested. "I have my own den. Phoenix gave it to me." The youth was offering out the place that she had been given in case the other didn't have a place to remain. She felt it was the least that she could offer. She wanted to help out the other Storm member since she seemed willing to help Selene out in her quest.

[/html]
[html]
As Kyuubi listened, she nodded. The pup had her own den, which was good. She had not seen the father lately, nor had she heard of him. "Alright. Sounds good." she decided to interrogate. "When was the last time you saw him? You know those are critical points in... oh should I say it? Abandonment?" she sneered.

"I mean, all male wolves abandon their pups at some point. When they cannot take care of them anymore? They go and leave the lands to start a new life, leaving any pups they have had behind. My father did that to me too. So I know how it feels."

[/html]
[html]

What was she talking about? Abandonment? What was that? She didn't understand at all. The confused look said that much as well. Whatever she was talking about she didn't seem too happy. So in her all too childish manner the young lass moved closer in order to rub up against the older female. Head sought to nudge against the chest of the other in a manner of comfort. No, Selene didn't understand the aspect of the personal bubble. But then the family that she knew had been close. Because of that she didn't think anything wrong with cuddling up to complete strangers. They were all wolves and in some way they were all family as well. But that was the perspective that she had.

Still she had a question to answer though. "I've never seen my Dad. That is why I am looking for him." Her dad knew nothign about her. That had been her mom's fault. Although she couldn't be entirely blamed. There had been complications during the birthing. Her mom had just returned to a place of familiarity since she was afraid of what Selene's dad would say if she had miscarried the pups. Something like that had almost happened. It was a miracle that Selene and her brother had survived. But now her mom was really sick. That just meant that it was left to Selene to find her own dad so that Helios could meet him as well.

[/html]
Kyuubi shook her head as the wolf looked at her. She must have not understood. "Do you know what abandon means? It means to leave something behind and never come back for it. You have probably never seen your dad because he left you behind and did not want you anymore." she sneered. Hopefully that this would get to her a little better.

"So you are left here alone because your dad abandoned you. How sad. Well, I won't abandon you. That is if you would like to join with me and stay with me a while. I can show you the wonders of the world and teach you so many things you do not understand now." she said as she grinned as she edged her face a little closer to hers.
[html]

I twould take alot more than words to get the female down. She simply didn't understand the concepts of betrayal. She didn't understand abandonment. Her dad hadn't been there so he couldn't have left. She was the one that left. It wasn't because she didn't want her family any longer. Rather she was searching for information to help her make her mom better. So the only one that did any leaving was her.

The words simply weren't going to work. She wouldn't be broken down because she couldn't fathom and understand the darker aspects of life. "I was the one that left and came here. So I abandoned my family?" Vocals had a questioning tone. She was trying to understand what it seemed the other female was trying so hard to convey. When the face was brought close to hers the little girl grinned a bit. Tongue stuck out to try and lick the side of the face so close to her own. "Okay, I stay with you. You can help me look for my family. And I can help you look for those that you abandoned." She clearly didn't understand the concept very well.

[/html]
((rofl oh emm gee this if fun))

Kyuubi snorted and shook her head. So she had left her family. Interesting. "Why did you leave then?" she asked. As the pup licked her cheek, she stood up fast and sneezed a little bit out of surprise. But she was a pup after all. Did you not like the life?" she asked. Then she became surprised at why she said she would help her find the ones she abandoned. "No. To abandon some one or something is a very bad thing. Especially if they need your help because they are sick or injured. Abandoning is a terrible thing to do. I did not abandon anyone... I was abandoned. Left outside without any one to take care of me when I did not know how to take care of myself. I was a pup your age, and I was not strong enough to fight against wolves that wished to kill me. Abandoning is a bad thing to do." she said hoping that this would get through to her better.
[html]

It would take alot to shake her faith in the good of things. She wasn't prone to take on a pessimistic outlook easily. Generally it would be easier to just abandon the notion rather than to continue to try to such the young lass in. Dark thoughts were just something that she didn't give into. To continue to try to pressure for it only led to frustration in the other party, for the most part at least. She just had such a strong faith in the good and light of all things.

"I left my mom and she is sick. Have to find my dad so that he can make her all better." And that really was what it was all about. She thought that if she could find her dad and let him know about her mom then by some miracle her mom would get better. "I can take care of myself. Maestery taught me how to hunt." It was a long travel from Taceli to Storm. If she didn't have the ability to hunt then she would have never made it. But then she also had her mom to thank for that independant will.

[/html]
Kyuubi nodded. "I am sure you can take care of yourself." she said as she smiled. She decided to give up. It was just no use. She was just a young pup and was too high strung on the light and the good. "So where did you see your dad last? Or.. oh nevermind. I can help your mom. I know some medicines we can use to heal her. It depends on how sick she is and what kind of sickness she has." she said as she began to think. "What has your mom been doing to show that she is sick? Does she have a fever? Does she vomit sometimes for no reason? Anything you can tell me." she said as she looked to the pup. "And then if we start to heal your mom, it would allow us more time to find your dad. What is his name?" she asked.
[html]
I apologize for the wait

Yes, it really was best to give up tryign to change her opinion on things. Selene was too set in her way to go and change. The dark world need a few bright spirits that wouldn't flicker out. Rather the pup's seemed to grow righter and brighter day by day for she enjoyed the chance meet others. Her ventures had allowed her the oppurtunity to do so many times now.

"I've never seen my dad at all. It is why I have to look for him now." If she knew just what he looked like and just where to find him then she wouldn't be requesting help from others. But as it was she had to ask any that she saw if they knew where to find her dad. "Mom is in Taceli. It's a long way from here. But don't worry, Maestery is taking good care of her. She talks about wolves and places that aren't there all the time. She doesn't seem to realize if anyone is around her or not." Selene didn't know that techincally her mom was delirious. Maestery had said that Kaelyn was sick and so that is exactly what Selene went on.

[/html]