we made you
It had been a while since he had actually taken up his role as pupsitter, and the new pup was so dainty that she almost always needed someone to watch out for her. It set an uneasy feeling in the leader's soul at the story she'd told upon being discovered wandering along the edge of the pack's lands. The large scary stranger with the brilliant yellow eyes sounded awfully familiar to DaVinci. He growled softly under his breath at the thought of what the monster had done to the little girl's family, his eyes narrowing. He almost wanted to just abandoned the pack for the next few weeks and go seek out the beast that had ripped Cinder's family to shreds and feasted on the flesh of her siblings. A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of anyone doing something so disturbed in these lands. It almost reminded him of the massacre at the lighthouse.

He shook the thoughts from his head as he glanced after Cinder who was quietly playing in the sands along the coast not too far from him. He didn't want to think of what it must be like for her to have witnessed something like that, then again all it did was remind him of the sins of his father, committed right before his own eyes. He didn't realize he had been holding his breath at the reminder of his past until the hiss of air escaping his lungs filled his ears. The male let his shoulders sag as he flicked an ear back at the sounds of the little girl happily off in a world of her own. He knew though that when she closed her eyes the monster would appear again.
Anya was quietly fishing on the beach. Nothing major, just something to pass the time. So when she heard a pup playing in the sands nearby, she thought nothing of it. She wasn't the only wolf in these lands, so why should she?

Pausing in her studious manner of fishing, Anya lifted her head to test the winds. WHat she smelled pulled her up short. The male who had rescued her, the one who called himself Da Vinci, was nearby. Perhaps he was simply wandering about, like her. But odds were likely that he was watching the pup. So Anya plodded silently along the water's edge, intending to thank Da Vinci again.
Ty had caught the scent of his father a few minutes ago, and got a small mischievous smile on his face. Ty had played this game with his father when he was just a child, attempting to sneak up on his old man and surprise him, pouncing playfully before running away. However, today he did want to talk to his father, so the pounce wouldn't be as spectacular, and he wouldn't dash off giggling, but it was still fun to sneak up on his old man.

Creeping slowly up behind his father, he made every attempt to be as silent as possible, not stepping on any sticks like he used to or giving himself away by chuckling. Every step was made as silently as possible, slowly placing his foot on the soft ground, muffling his footsteps even more. However, when he got close enough to hear his father's breathing, he didn't jump out and pounce, no, he had the maturity nowadays not to do that, instead, he tapped his father's shoulder lovingly and spoke to him. "Hey dad." The golden-orange wolf said with a soft, reassuring tone of voice, so as not to scare his father too badly.
ooc: The puppy actually is gone from the pack so we can just act like she was never there. Smile

DaVinci sat staring out at the sea, ignorant to those that surrounded him as his mind seemed to wander to the child that the pack had lost and the body of the beast that he has skinned, the remains going to the depths of the sea. He growled to himself at the thought and felt his claws digging into the palm of his hand as he thought about the beast. He had tanned the skin of the monster and it now sat in a pile in his cottage with nothing but it's history wrapped up in it. His warped mind had begun to believe that the pelt was to serve as a remind. Why in the hell had he allowed the leader of the tribe to leave it there. He sighed softly and closed his eyes, wishing that this was all over.

When his son tapped him on the shoulder DaVinci jumped and turned quickly. He'd realized as the boy had said his name just who it was but he hadn't done anything but sigh with relief as he tried to smile, knowing that it was all for show. "Hey Ty.. what's going on?" he asked, slightly confused as to what he'd been missing out on while he'd been hiding from the world.
ooc: okay then!

Ty grinned as he saw his father jump, then turn to face him. Although he had suspected his father was agin lost in thought, and confused about his own life so much that he wouldn't have heard a tree falling, Ty was still proud of being able to get the drop on his old man. His tail wagged in excitement as he faced his father, he couldn't be happier every time he saw the older man, he had a deep love for his father of course, and always enjoyed talking to him.

When asked about what he was up to, he shrugged lightly and replied with a bit of excitement in his voice. "Well, I've been meeting all sorts of people, Mirette, Asariel, Xeris, Pendzez, rendall...all sorts of people!" He said with a smile. "I've had a great time here in Pheonix Valley..." He said as he suddenly flashed a bit of discontent across his face. "However...I'm starting to feel a little useless...I thought I'd be helping out the pack by now...but so far there seems to be nothing I have to do." He shrugged lightly. "So how about you dad?" He asked as his tail began to wag again. "What have you been up to?"
OOC: that works.

Anya heard Ty sneaking up on his dad, so she just sat back to watch. She tried very hard to suppress a giggle when the older male jumped, and smiled to herself. I wish MY father had been like that, all sweet and loving.

She sighed, and sat back to listen to the birds chirping in the tall grass. Da Vinci's thanks could wait.
DaVinci had almost missed the scent of Anya but while Tyrone was going a mile a minute on what he'd been up to lately DaVinci spent the next few minutes listening with half an ear as his eyes scanned the area looking for the newest member of the pack. It didn't take him long to find the girl half hidden in the weeds as he smiled to himself and turned his attention back to Tyrone just in time to hear the boy's question on what he'd been up to.

DaVinci had little to offer but a shrug as he began to speak up. "Just living I imagine.. we've had a few new members into the pack.. and actually I think one's hiding out not far from us.." he said with a smile as he turned his eyes back towards Anya's hideaway. They only lingered a second though as he explained in a softer voice. "Her name's Anya, she was run off from her home for standing up to a tyrant.. and her father just the same. I bet she could use a few friends." He said with a wink before taking the opportunity to call out to the girl.

"Anya.." He said softly, not exactly a command but not a request either, just her name, hoping that that would be enough to bring the young woman out of hiding... and put an end to some of the more bitter things he could be telling Tyrone about his world that he did so like to shield from others.. though he knew the pack talked and the wind talked. Anyone who knew could just blurt the truth out for the world to hear.
Anya jumped as DaVinci's voice startled her out of her daydreams. She smiled ruefully to herself; DaVinci had found her.

She rose up slowly, stretching luxuriously, letting her muscles ripple. She licked her paw, stalling, but saw that she was being watched by both DaVinci and Ty. Anya trotted over to them, sat on her haunches, and grinned lopsidedly.

"You called?"

As she looked at the two males, Anya noticed how different they were for being father and son. And yet, they both carried themselves the same way- gracefully, with prowess.
Ty watched as the woman slowly slipped out of the bushes, stretching lightly, and Ty couldn't help but look. He found himself slightly stunned by the female's figure, but he wasn't going to simply say it, so he kept the momentary attraction to himself, not wanting to stir anything up, Ty could admit when a female was pretty to himself, but he wouldn't just go chasing every woman he met.

Shrugging that off, he smiled and bowed slightly to the newcomer, flashing a warm and friendly smile. "Well hello Anya!" He said with a small grin, his ear doing a familiar twitch. "good to see you again!"
"The same to the both of you."

Anya had seen Ty eyeing her stretch, and smiled mentally. It was nice having someone watch her and appreciate what she looked like, not just watch her to appreciate the next beating.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything....I was just thinking about how grateful I am that your family took me in....and I would like to be able to repay you and the pack somehow."

Anya was hopeful....maybe she would be able to finally repay the pack and DaVinci for rescuing her.

"I have some knowledge of herbs that are helpful to heal and restore one's body. Perhaps I could teach someone?"
The male smiled slightly as the girl realized she'd been caught. He watched her quietly as she rose and came to join the father and son who had been having the start of a nice little conversation. When she arrived he nodded silently before looking towards Tyrone, within moments announced that he already knew Anya though not from where. DaVinci raised a brow at his son and smiled quietly to himself. "I assume that you two have met already?" he said as he stretched his arms up above his head.

DaVinci turned towards the girl and asked as he finished his long stretch. "How are you doing Anya, do you like it here?" He knew it was part of his duty to protect the girl from the posse that seemed to lurk outside the borders of the lands in wait for her. He had no clue how far behind the woman the band had been or if they had even followed into the lands of 'Souls but he could imagine that one day they might find their way here and troubles might arise. He hoped not, but he knew how the world sometimes was.

He waved a hand as the girl spoke of repaying them for what they had done. He knew that there was no point in asking or caring if she did. If she stayed then that was enough, if she left.. she knew what waited for her out there. Instead when she spoke of knowing things of healing DaVinci nodded his head and smiled slightly. "Perhaps you would be interested in assisting whenever anyone needed help.. if you know more along the healing lines that is?" He had tended to the girl when she'd arrived and he wondered now if she hadn't taken care of herself for fear of being found now.
"Yeah dad, we met like yesterday, it wasn't all that long ago." He smiled lightly as he switched his gaze in between his father and the girl, grinning like the carefree buffoon that he was. He shifted his weight a little as he began to speak again. "Repay? Oh right...to dad...you really don't owe me anything." He chuckled lightly as his gaze became fixed on a bug, watching it fly through the air.

He noticed that the three of them were having a very pleasant conversation, a wonderful thing to have these days. Ty was really beginning to feel comfortable and at home, with what he experienced on his own, it was nice not to have to fight all the time or constantly be on guard.
Anya smiled slightly, letting her past fall behind her for the time being.

"I would be glad to help anyone who requests it or anyone you deem needs it. For instance, I have noticed that you seem a bit stressed as of late DaVinci. I found some lavender a few miles from the ranch. Depending on which form you happen to be in at the time, you could go roll around in that patch for a few minutes, or harvest some and let it steep in a hot bath." She caught her breath at the end of her mini speech, then bit her lip. Maybe all that advice so soon was a bad idea....

While she pondered on her rashness, Anya took a closer look at Ty. Standing next to his father, you could see where Ty had gotten his...gentlemanly attitude.

Anya saw the unspoken question of DaVinci's, and answered slowly. "I wouldn't have been able to heal myself out in the wild because I was afraid of a) being caught by the loners, and b) infecting my wounds. At that point, I wasn't so worried about finding anyone in the pack. As it turned out, someone found me anyway, and helped me regain my health. The scars are still really itchy though, even with the yarrow."

She paused again, then replied to DaVinci's first question. "I love it here. The wolves are nice, very courteous, and don't look at me like I have three heads or something. I've met many....Rendall, the adorable pup who follows you and Ty everywhere; Ty, obviously; Xeris, the quiet female who loves to think outdoors...but I haven't seen the female who was with you the night you found me."
DaVinci couldn't help but smile as his son let him know that it hadn't been long ago that they had met but DaVinci just gave a nod as he chuckled. "You're really getting to be a sociable creature aren't you Ty?" Knowing that the boy meant well but wondering if he was fairing well in his run ins with the rest of the pack. He hadn't heard anything bad but that didn't say much. It often took time for news to get around to him except when it was idle gossip and rumors galore.

Anya spoke up finally and DaVinci couldn't help but raise a brow at her words, knowing that she meant well but knowing that no amount of aromatherapy treatment was going to heal his broken heart and shattered confidence. He shook his head with a weak excuse for a grin as he informed the young girl. "Believe me.. in the long run it won't matter what I roll in Anya.. it's a longer story than you'll ever be able to sit through.." He didn't want to actually let the whole of the pack know just what was bothering him but he knew that sooner or later she'd find out part or the whole, probably sooner than he'd wish but as long as she kept it to herself there would be much of a problem.

DaVinci nodded as she explained why she hadn't healed herself on the trails but it didn't bother him too much. He just smiled lightly and suggested. "Perhaps you'll take up the rank of a healer here in the pack, we could sure use one." he laughed lightly as he shook his head. "I'm not the best at it but I can patch someone up.. my mother and the Shaman were the real healers here.. when the pack began." He fell quiet again before glancing over to Ty, not knowing how he felt about Davinci openly talking about Iskata now that she'd passed on. He'd never really gathered how his children felt about their grandmother's death.

DaVinci was distracted slightly by those thoughts when Anya admitted that she was quite happy within the pack, but upon hearing this DaVinci smiled as she explained all she'd met so far. He cringed slightly at the memory of the youngest packmember who was know to tail him from time to time on his duties. The shadow of another young lost packmate tainted the silly thought though as Anya mentioned not meeting Geneva yet. He shrugged and admitted. "She'd hard to find at time but you'll see her too soon enough again." He was sure of that because he had known Geneva to appear when one least expected it, but there was nothing he saw wrong in that act.
"Well, I kind of had to learn how to be sociable dad." Ty responded with a grin. "If I didn't I don't quite know how I'd survive on my own." He looked over to Anya, who was now saying something about his father being stressed, as he suspected. He still didn't know what was making his father so stressed, but it certainly worried him. He didn't know if his father would tell him what's wrong, as many many people refused to tell their problems without a ton of coercion, and ty wasn't totally in the mood to try and drive it out of him.

When his father mentioned Iskata, he didn't really show any signs of real sadness, he wasn't all that broken up by her death. While he was saddened, his sister was much closer to the old wolf than he was, so he simply paid his respects and moved on, but that's how he dealt with most death's anyway. Laying down now, he continued to listen to the conversation, but getting slightly drowsy as well.
Anya nodded at Davinci's words, sensing that she would find out his story in time. She felt that it was his story to tell, and he would tell it in his own time.

"In that case, perhaps bergamot will help. If you don't mind, I'll start looking for some for you. It helps to relieve melancholy and depression. Perhaps it will soothe your mind some. Although we may not forget the wrongs and turmoils within us..." At this, Anya stared wistfully into the distance. "Bergamot may ease some of your troubles and allow you to think more clearly."

Anya quirked her head as Davinci mentioned the Shaman. She wondered what had happened, but decided to keep that question to herself. She would ask Ty about it some other time.

Anya yawned slightly, feeling drowsy in the warm sun.