joining
Character Name: Xeris
Character Birthdate (including year): 10 May 2006
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci verto
Species: Timber Wolf (or gray wolf, whichever is preferred here)
Your e-mail: taringxatxthexsun@yahoo.com">staringxatxthexsun@yahoo.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): staringxatxthexsun [Y!M, though e-mail is much more reliable]
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I was looking for a wolf RPG and found some art of 'Souls on deviantART, so I decided to take a look, and so far I like what I'm seeing!

((OOC: I don't have a ton of RPing experience, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to fit in here anyway Smile ))

--

A lone white wolf silently approached the Phoenix Valley territory, her tail hung low with uneasiness. She had a small build, and in the moonlight one could clearly see the dark gray patches upon her back; the only markings she had inherited from her father. Her golden eyes wandered about the area. It was unfamiliar. But then again, so was everything nowadays.

Her father had been furious when she was attacked by another Luperci. Her family had always been, "pure," as he called them. But it had been an accident. She had been wandering alone at night, very much in the way she currently was. Though it had taken her a while, she had finally gotten used to her new abilities, perhaps since she was forced to use them to survive. Her father had been the alpha of their small, faraway pack; he had banished her for becoming, in his eyes, a monster. But she didn't agree with him. She was intrigued by her new forms and eager to find companions who shared her abilities.

Tonight, she was hoping that a new, welcome change would come.

Xeris gave a howl into the night, hoping to summon one of the Phoenix Valley pack members. This was it; it was now or never.
(Welcome to Souls!)

DaVinci had been half asleep when he'd heard the call. The male had taken a while to get up out of his nest and groggily check on Cinder before shaking out his pelt and heading out of the house and along the way to the border. It took him a second before he could catch the scent of the one who had let out the howl right in the middle of his nap. He didn't mind being woken but he was surprise when he came upon the girl that Jefferson hadn't beat him to the place where she stood. Something about her form and stance told him that she wasn't so sure about everything going on but he wasn't in a foul mood and he normally didn't treat those on the border horribly, unless they deserved it.

Grinning at the woman as his padding came to a stop he pricked his ears forward in interest as he asked. "Can I help you?" his stormy orbs wondering if she was just passing through or if indeed there was something here of interest to her, or if she wanted to make it of interest in the near future. He studied the woman before him as he waited for an answer.
Xeris was startled by the larger wolf's sudden appearance. She worried for a moment that he might have arrived to banish her from the territory, but upon reading his body language she inferred that he was more relaxed than she originally thought.

"My name is Xeris," she said, her voice rather quiet. "You are of the Phoenix Valley pack, are you not? I am interested in joining you, if you would be kind enough to take me in. I do not have a home; I was banished from my pack by my own father for being a Luperci. From what I've heard, the Luperci are more well-received in these lands."

Her gleaming yellow eyes flashed towards his for a moment, then returned to the ground submissively. She knew better than to show dominance or aggression toward a stranger, not even the slightest sign. Hoping for a friendly reply, Xeris waited quietly and respectfully.
DaVinci had always been made aware of his hybrid appearance, mostly because it leaned more towards his coyote roots than his wolf, because of thus he often kept in his Secui form to better his size and appearance among the wolves. His form was more relaxed, though he still showed his dominance and rank in the pack in the normal fashion. He raised his head high as he waited for the woman to speak, for there was nothing he could do if he didn't know the situation at hand.

When the conversation finally came he gave a silent nod to her words, thinking about what she said as he quietly thought over her situation. His stormy orbs were diverted for a moment as she finished, and he did not return his eyes to her when the silence set in but waited a moment more before he addressed the stranger. "Aye, I'm DaVinci, one of the leaders here in Phoenix Valley, and you're not the first who's come to seek out a new home, new start in life, though I haven't heard that twist to the story yet." He'd never heard of wolves being hated for the luperci nature, but it didn't surprise him. Quite a few disliked him for his muddy mixed blood.

He turned his eyes back to the woman as he smiled, "Actually, you'd be almost hard pressed to find someone who cannot shift in these lands. They exist, but are far and few between.." DaVinci flicked on tattered ear back as he watched her, realizing atleast that her previous pack had the brains to teach her the correct behavior for sitting outside the gates to another's lands. He nodded his head as he asked. "Before I can accept you though, I'd like to know a little about you, what strengths and weaknesses make contribute or hinder the pack, what skills you may possess.. anything you believe may be helpful.." He wouldn't ask for her loyalty, loyalty, respect and trust were earned and not something that you could instantly demand of someone. Most packs seemed to believe just for a spot to live that loyalty was a shoe-in. He didn't know what Jefferson thought of it, he'd never bothered to ask the Patriarch, but he knew what he thought of it.
Xeris was feeling slightly more confident. She was thankful that she hadn't been immediately turned down, at least. "It's a pleasure to meet you, DaVinci," she said. She felt a sudden relief that she might be surrounded by others who were like her. The cool night breeze ruffled her fur as she quietly pondered what to say next. She knew of her strengths and weaknesses. Being nervous, for example, was a huge weakness of hers, but she was pretty sure that DaVinci had noticed that already. After a brief moment of silence, she began to speak her reply. "As for myself, well, I guess there are some things I can tell you."

"My mother always told me that I was better at running fast than anyone else in our family, if that's of any importance. I suppose it's the only real natural talent I was born with. I may not have a lot of physical strength," she looked down at her thin body, "But I have ambition. If it wasn't for my ambition, I would not have come this far in my journey away from home."

"What I really want is to be part of a community. I can help bring the other pack members closer together, resolve disputes. After my past experiences, loyal and close relationships would be good for me, and good for others as well."

Xeris fell silent, awaiting her judgment.
DaVinci couldn't help the smile that crept back upon his maw as the woman greeted him with a little more confidence than she had originally started out with. He nodded slowly as his rumbling irish voice broke out, "Any you.. Xeris.." The name was foreign on his tongue but he was use to the strangest of names and hers had yet to impress him on that note. It was just a name like so many others, a parent had given it to her or she'd bestowed it upon herself, whatever the story, it was a name, something to call the girl and it was enough.

She started in on her skills and weaknesses and DaVinci nodded as she gave a little of both. He liked the fact that she had hope and already imagined herself among their numbers. Perhaps she would be worth something if she could indeed bring the others closer together, though he didn't believe that they were all that distant as it was, they just had their own ways and sometimes it took some getting use to. He knew he was quite a handful at times and he could name one or two others who could do a number on the poor girl's beliefs in herself. He hoped that didn't happen but he knew it was possible.

When she finally fell silent he lowered his head slightly and chuckled. "Well you gave me everything I asked for.. and.. don't worry so much about fitting in.. My sister seems to believe we're just a bunch of dreamers and has beens.." he shook his head at the idea and sighed. "It is quite possible she is right though.." he gave the girl a wink at his words and finally gave her the answer she was looking for.

"So.. Xeris, you'll rank as a Loas for now, til we can see just what you have in you." He smiled as he let out a massive yawn and shook himself, trying to rid the sleep that was trying to reclaim him. "There's plenty of houses and dens about the lands.. if you follow the road that runs through the lands you'll see a little cottage off the coast. You can stay there for tonight if you'd like.." He had stopped bothering to tell anyone the story behind the cottage, the founder of the pack who'd once lived there, his mother.. whatever she once was to the pack, she was just a part of legend now.

Another yawn broke through as he continued. "If you'd excuse me now, I'd like to try and catch a bit more sleep before dawn breaks.." He really didn't like the fact that he'd left Cinder all alone either and he was suddenly very much aware of how far he'd traveled to get to the newest member of their lands.
Xeris smiled and sighed with relief upon hearing that she had been accepted. DaVinci's words comforted her, and she felt that she was already getting off to a good start in this new land. She was exceptionally glad that she'd found a friendly wolf to talk to. She smiled back slightly when he smiled at her. It was something new to her, meeting kind strangers.

"Thank you so much," she replied after DaVinci had given her his response. "I promise that I will be loyal to the Phoenix Valley pack. I am indebted to you." Oh boy, Xeris thought, I hope I'm not getting too excited. I don't want to look like a fool. She regained a bit of her composure as DaVinci said his farewells, and realized that she, too, was in need of sleep.

"Good night, DaVinci. Thank you again. I will go look for that cottage that you mentioned." And with that, she gave somewhat of a respectful bow, and trotted off into the night, her paw pads rustling in the thick grass. She fell asleep that night with the knowledge that tomorrow, her new life would officially begin.
He smiled at the kid as she thanked him, a slow nod given as he tried to force back one last yawn as he flicked an ear and stretched his long legs. "No problem kid.." he glanced over at her at the mention of debt as he shook his head. "We're more like a family here anyways, don't think you owe use anything we wouldn't owe you..." He paused a second after he'd said that but he knew it was true, they were a family of sorts, a very strange sometimes dysfunctional one, but a family none the less. He finished stretching his limbs as he gave her a friendly wag of the tail and decided to set off to his own home.

"Goodnight..Xeris." He stopped for a second, wondering if he should warn her about the Patriarch, then deciding against it. She'd have to meet him sooner or later and he really wasn't as bad as he seemed. Besides, he liked to see the reactions others got from the grouchy old gimp. He gave her another slight smile as with a flick of his head he was off and trotting down the trail towards his own home, farther down the way than the cottage he'd sent her off to find.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.