On the cool breeze behind the sun
Xeris padded slowly toward the place where she had met DaVinci the night before. The sun was high and bright, allowing her to finally get a decent view of the unfamiliar lands. The emerald green grass perfectly complemented the blue, cloudless sky. And yet, Xeris was still somewhat unsure. Where should she go next? Where were the other pack members?

She continued to wander for a while, and soon came upon a sandy beach. She winced slightly as her paws contacted the hot white sand for the first time. It was a calm day, and the waves rolled lazily by in what little wind was present. In the distance she could see an island; she wondered what was there. The wind suddenly blew a bit stronger, and her nostrils were filled with the salty scent of the ocean. She couldn't hide a smile, and, her mood lifted slightly, trotted over to the water and began to splash about among the waves, laughing to herself with joy.

Eventually Xeris got tired of playing on the beach, and began to walk toward a nearby clump of vegetation. A small tree, slightly wet with salt spray, provided some shade. She stretched out her legs and lay down on the soft, warm sand beneath it. Perhaps she had time for a short nap before going to find the others. Or maybe they would find her first. For now, she just focused on the soothing sound of the waves, and looked out over the gentle blue water.
OOC: hiya. Thought Pendzez could sing a little song. Wink

Pendzez trotted along the sandy beach with the sun high in the sky. He was taking each step slowly, feeling the sandy between his toes. With his instrument in hand and with four butterflies on his shoulders, he looked out at the ocean. Oh, how he wondered what was out there, under those raging waves and what new islands there were. Has to make him think that there might be something worth looking on a new island or under the water. However, there were some places where he can't go to. Besides, these "unknown places" are too far away for a normal luperci to reach in a boat. He might not make it back, or going over there.

Pushing the thought out of his mind, he continued to walk along the sunlit sandy beach with his guitar on his back. He noticed a female, that seems to be new in the area, resting under a tree. What luck. A newcomer. Pendzez always liked helping newcomers around the area of Phoenix Valley. He began to ponder over to the female, stopping some seven feet away from here, as a precaution if she's a snapper. "Hi there."
The gentle breeze buffeted Xeris's fur, showering her in warm sand and waking her from her light doze. She could still smell that fresh sea air that she'd become enamored with. She looked up just moments before the male appeared. She was a little surprised to see him, but thankful that he at least seemed friendly. Xeris was beginning to think even more highly of the Phoenix Valley pack; they were all open to strangers, or so it seemed. She was intrigued by the instrument he held; she'd never seen anything quite like it.

Her golden eyes looked him over once before she replied. "Hi," she said, slightly cautious, but trying to stay cheerful. "I'm Xeris. Who are you?" She noticed that he was keeping his distance from her, and perceived that maybe he, too, was slightly cautious about meeting others. "You can come over and sit with me if you want, there's plenty of room," she told him. In her lupus form, as she currently was, the most she could do to gesture toward the shady area of sand was wiggle her tail around a bit, but she hoped he'd figure out what she meant. She waited quietly for him to respond, excited at the possibility of making new friends.
Pendzez was glad that this female was friendly enough to say high, even asked for his name. Pendzez smiled as he replied, "Pendzez Zazkex. Pleasure to meet you, miss." He was kind enough to even reply to her question. Pendzez was known for his kindness and cheerfulness towards newcomers. He was a Locum that was good with everybody, maybe not Jefferson. He was a bit of a grouch, though Pendzez thinks that the Patriarch tries to behave in front of everyone, even though that it's someone who is his worst enemy.

Pendzez was also glad that the female offered him a seat next to her. Pendzez didn't want to be rude, so he greatfully accepted the seat. He walked over and sat down next to her as he placed his guitar down next him on his opposite side that wasn't occupied by the female. "Thanks." He began to look out into the ocean from the tree. It was a gorgeous sight. "So, how ya enjoying the pack so far?"
Xeris smiled as Pendzez sat down. She was happy that, as she had thought, he was friendly. "It's nice to meet you, Pendzez," she said cheerfully. "I'm always glad to make new friends." She pondered his question about enjoying the pack--she hadn't really met much of the pack yet. He was only the second packmate she'd met, after DaVinci. "Yeah, I'm having a pretty good time, I suppose, though I still haven't gotten used to everything yet. Hopefully you can help me get situated," she said, laughing a little.

The hot sun continued to beat down on the two packmates. Xeris wiggled her paws in the warm sand, savoring the feeling. Back where she used to live, going to the beach for a simple day of fun was almost unheard of. The waves continued to roll by along the sapphire-colored water, repeatedly drawing Xeris's eyes. It had been a long time since she could relax like this. She was glad that Pendzez seemed to be enjoying himself as well. She looked over at the guitar laying on the ground beside her new friend. "I see you play music, that's pretty cool, I'll have to hear you play it sometime," Xeris said. "I never had a hobby like that. How long have you been playing for?"
Pendzez smiled as the female explained her time so far in the pack. He was pleased that she was glad to make friends. Luckily, Pendzez was glad to make her as a new friend. It was better to have have frineds than to be alone. Being alone, well makes you think that you are unloved by anyone. Having a friend will remove the lonliess from the heart and mind. "Yes. It's good to hear it. If there is anything that you wanna know about the pack, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone else."

Pendzez looked over to his guitar as the female commented about it. Pendzez played a lot and sang beautifully in Japanese. Did the female know what japanese was? "Why yes I do. I'm sure you'll like the sounds, though, I do sing in a different language. Japanese. Ever heard of it?" Since the female looked like someone that was from another place, she might not know what Japanese is, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Xeris smiled and nodded gratefully at Pendzez's kind words. She was feeling more and more comfortable and at home. Then again, it was difficult for anyone to not find some enjoyment here; the warm sand, the cool breeze and the relaxing sound of the waves was enough to lift anyone's spirits, at least more so than anywhere else Xeris had ever traveled to. Her grey-tipped white tail thumped softly against the sand as she replied. "Thank you."

She listened politely to Pendzez as he told her about his music. She was intrigued by the thought of hearing someone sing in a foreign language. She couldn't speak any foreign languages but knew they existed. "Well, I know that there's lots of different languages," she replied, "But I don't think I'd ever be able to tell any of them apart right away. I'm sure your Japanese is beautiful, though." She smiled at him, her golden eyes sparkling in the sunlight.
OOC: Click here for translations.

Pendzez nodded at her thanks to the male's helpful advice. Pendzez knew things would go well with Xeris. He knew she would do well in Phoenix Valley. If she needed help or anything that she wants to know about the pack, there's Pendzez and the other pack members to ask. The white male has been in the pack for a good while and advanced to Locum, even though he'd hadn't been promoted for some time. He has been trying hard to do his best at doing the right thing and going up the ranks. He'd now do what he could to help now.

He listened to the female as she explained about the languages and saying how Pendzez's Japanese would be beautiful to hear. Pendzez couldn't help but give a little blush as her comment reached his ears. His Japanese was known to have beauty to it, though there were times where he sang some songs that were about things that are about danger and about rogues, which he hated greatly. He looked at the female and said, "離れて指示するまあ、さまざまな方法がある。聞くだけ密接にする必要があります。"
OOC: Thanks for the translations. I know what it says now but Xeris herself still doesn't XD

Xeris was glad that Pendzez seemed to understand her situation. After all, all of the pack members had been new at some point and so he probably knew how she felt. Though she knew that Pendzez was probably higher up and more well-regarded in the pack, she supposed that if she worked hard enough, she could rise up in the ranks. But she hadn't even met everyone yet. She remembered DaVinci mentioning that he was only one of the pack leaders, but he was the only one she'd come across so far.

Xeris noticed that Pendzez was blushing a little at her comment about his Japanese, and she smiled. It felt good to be nice to people. That's how she'd always felt. Unlike her father, Xeris had always believed that everyone, no matter who they were, deserved to be treated well. She paused for a moment when Pendzez spoke in a foreign tongue. Tilting her head sideways slightly, Xeris asked, "Is that Japanese? It sounds pretty interesting. What did you say?"
OOC: Well maybe he could teach her if interested Smile Click here to see what he would be saying in an English text. Select romaji to see what it would be.

Pendzez wondered if Jefferson would be willing to help out with giving this female some advice about the pack, if there weren't anyone around. Probably not. He is a bit of a grouch, so maybe Xeris should steer clear of the hybrid for now. "If you were accepted by DaVinci, he's second in command. The top wolf is Jefferson Soul. He's the Patriarch. When I first joined, the leadership was divided into three. There was a Matriarch, a Shamaness, and a Sentinel. The Sentinel position was vacant, leaving only the Matriarch and the Shamaness to do the leader stuff. However, the Matriarch retired, leaving only the Shamaness to do the work, with Jefferson as the sub-leader for help. Jefferson rose up as the Patriarch, but the Shamaness left not long after, leaving Jefferson to do the work with DaVinci's help, after which Jefferson combined the three ranks together, making him head leader and with DaVinci as second in charge." He thought to throw that out there now so she new the the leadership history. She looked like she needed to know things about certain leaderships and current ranks.

Turning to the female, Pendzez nodded as a reply to her question. Maybe he should also say what it meant so she didn't get confused or upset. "Well to tell apart, there are a variety of ways. You only have to listen closely." It was true, languages differ from each other to well. If you listen closely, you'll tell that the languages can be told apart. Some sound the same, but totally different. "You know, if you wish, I can teach you of the language. It may seem hard, but once you get the hang of some words, the rest will get a bit easier."
OOC: Whoa, talk about a coincidence, I've been seriously in need of a romaji translator XD Thanks.

Xeris listened carefully to Pendzez's explanation of the pack's leadership, piecing together all of the information he was giving her. So there was another wolf higher in rank than DaVinci. It sounded like Pendzez had been in the pack for a long time, or at least long enough to watch its leadership methods go through such a transformation. "Oh, I see. That's interesting to know, thank you. You certainly know a lot about this kind of thing." She was glad that she was making friends who were resourceful, as clearly she hadn't gotten the hang of being in the pack yet.

She tilted her head to the side again at Pendzez's proposition of teaching her Japanese. She wondered how to reply; it would certainly be interesting to learn, but it would take a while. Ah well, she thought, there's not much else to do today, it's a lovely day to just sit around and talk. "That would be very kind of you," Xeris said. "Maybe you can even teach me the words to some of your songs, that would be fun. I'll try to learn as best as I can!"
Pendzez smiled as the female replied about the leadership history. Pendzez thought he should throw that out there so she could understand some of the packs history to when he first joined up. She was new so she wouldn't know much about the pack by just being accepted. She would need to be taught of it. If Pendzez didn't come by, she would be just sitting there, doing nothing but to fill the silence.

Pendzez's smiled widened a little as she thanked him for his offer. He would be glad to teach to speak it as well as sing it. Japanese was a language of meaning and of orient origin and magnificence. Who wouldn't want to speak it? Pendzez told his story to the female, maybe the female could tell thing or two about her past. "I'd be glad to do so. Well, enough about me. What about you? Where do ya hail from?"
Xeris smiled a little in acknowledgment of Pendzez's comment about teaching her Japanese. "Thank you." She paused for a moment when he asked about her past. She was somewhat hesitant to reply; she didn't always like to discuss what had happened to her. Talking about her past experiences was the closest she'd ever get to reliving them...and many of them were events that she would much rather have never experienced at all. But she supposed that Pendzez would be worthy of her trust, and felt that she could tell him about herself.

"Well," she began, "I come from very far away. I can barely remember what my birthplace looked like anymore. It wasn't quite as nice as the territory here, though. Anyway, my dad was the leader of a small pack there. Where we lived, there were very few Luperci and my father had a rather skewed image of them, he thought of them as monsters. And then one evening I wandered off by myself and was attacked by a Luperci...that's how I became one. My father shunned me for being 'impure' and I was forced to leave...and then I found my way here. I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say I'm glad I've found a place where I can be accepted. I never agreed with my family's ideals of purity; I think everyone should be treated equally."

Xeris paused for a moment, hoping that she hadn't bored Pendzez with her story. She never tried to make anyone feel sorry for her by telling the story of her past; in fact, she would rather not be patronized for what had happened to her. So, she sat quietly and waited to hear what Pendzez had to say about her story, hoping that he wouldn't think of her as a pathetic girl trying to get attention...
Why would the female bore Pendzez with her story. Hearing it made him feel sorry for her troubles and tough times. There were probably others with the same past. It was true that some people have problems with normal Lupercis because they were "impure". However, if there was a war between normal wolves and Lupercis, that would break the equilibrium between the relationships of the two kinds. Wolves and Lupercis live in packs together, some live in the wilderness. If the bond was to break, then Souls would be in a pit of war.

Pendzez continued to listen to her story until she finished. It was... moving, no boring. Pendzez looked at her with his red eyes. "That wasn't boring. I'm sorry that you had that trouble. If you right about one thing, it's that wolves and Lupercis should be treated equally. If not, then that breaks the equilibrium bond between them, then they will be in an endless war."