to rest my head
Miriette had been roaming the packlands quietly, trying to keep out of sight of the other members and find a perfect spot to make her camp. She wasn't use to sleeping in a house and she would rather not have a den until needed. Not saying that she wouldn't start preparing a den for the colder seasons, but for now she was content just to find a nice little niche all to herself. The midnight wolf with the golden highlights deserved the rank she'd been stuck with though she had never found herself in such a low position even in their old pack where they were more like tag alongs than anything. She sat in the middle of a little clearing in the woods and stared up at the moon above, wondering if she was ever going to even see her father again or if they were going to spend their whole lives avoiding eachother. He was probably hoping that she would grow tired of hanging around and leave the pack, but her intentions didn't include deserting.

She tried to shake the thoughts from her head but the only result was to hear her hair adornments click and clack as a soft sigh escaped her lips. She decided to give up looking for another place and began to tie her hammock up between two sturdy young trees with low limbs, she did not want to have to attempt to climb another tree anytime soon. One had been enough for her.
Xeris padded softly through the grass. She was hopelessly lost. Trying not to panic, she continued to walk on, her golden eyes searching for something familiar; anything would do. She was starting to get tired from walking around, and it took quite a bit of her mental strength to keep her putting one paw in front of the other. In the moonlight she could see the outline of a forest. Perhaps the trees would at least afford her some safety and comfort for the night. With this in mind, Xeris continued to press on into the forest, no longer looking for familiar landmarks but instead for a nice place to rest. Soon, she came to a small clearing in the trees.

Xeris was sure that she'd been dreaming when she saw the other female. But after blinking and shaking her head a few times, she finally accepted that what she was seeing was the truth, and trotted over to see what was going on. After all, she'd only just joined the pack and wanted to make friends with as many of her packmates as possible, and maybe this other female could help Xeris find her way around the territory. Finally, all four of her paws came to a stop. The other didn't seem to have noticed her so far. She took a few steps forward and quietly spoke. "Hi there," she said, "My name's Xeris. You're a member of Phoenix Valley, too, aren't you? I'm new here, you see, and both friends and directions are something I need!" She grinned a little at the last statement, then looked over to the other female to wait for a reply.
Miriette had been finishing the last touches of getting the hammock up when out of nowhere she'd heard the sound of another crossing through the grasses. Turning her silvery orbs towards the stranger she flicked an ear back awkwardly, not sure what in the world to do, but luckily the woman did all the talking for her. Miri was quiet as the woman chattered on, she seemed to be able to say a lot in such a small time but soon the words did stop and Miriette smiled at the other woman.

She didn't speak up right away, not wanting to stumble over words and phrases that were slightly unfamiliar to her. When she finished tying the last rope of the hammock she sat down in the middle of it, swinging the rope bed back and forth as she finally took the time to reply. "I'm Miriette. Of de Valley, yes but new du." She had traveled much of the packlands since she'd arrived but she doubted she could give anyone directions. She'd never stopped to learn that the buildings and locations actually had names.
Xeris watched and listened as the unfamiliar woman spoke to her while adjusting her hammock. She noted the precision with which the other tied the ropes, putting thought and care into each knot. When Miriette introduced herself, Xeris was slightly surprised by her thickly-accented words, and supposed that this new acquaintance was from far away, just like she herself was. It was, at least, comforting to know that Xeris wasn't the only newer member of the pack.

"It's nice to meet you, Miriette," Xeris said politely with a smile. "Always glad to make new friends. And you're new here, too? Maybe we can help each other get used to the area." She paused for a moment, not wanting to overtake the other female with too many words from a language that was probably not her mother tongue. She took a few paces toward the hammock and sat down on the forest floor. "You're not from around here, I take it? Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking, that is."
Miriette had spent too much time alone with her brothers to remember how she should be properly interacting with the packmate. It wasn't that she was stuck up, the girl just had a style of her own and everything seemed to go array when others butted in. She did everything her way and she lived by her own code. She twisted one of her pretty little hair trinkets around between two fingers as she smiled simply at the other, hoping that sooner or later she'd tire of the leader's daughter and run off to find some new soul to torment.

When the woman spoke true, informing Miriette what she thought of the meeting Miriette just nodded quietly as she pushed the beads and feathers behind her ear. The other woman just seemed filled qith questions and she was beginning to weasel her way onto Miriette's good side without the woman knowing. She flicked her silvery grey orbs to the lady as she nodded again, wondering how dump she looked. "I here less than moon.." she raised her arm and traced the path the moon took in it's wax and wan. She smiled a bitter smile at the woman when she pointed out the obvious. Miriette shook her head as she sighed. "Brothers un I lived far from here.." She wasn't even certain just how to explain to the woman how they got here, she wasn't even positive if she knew which direction their birthplace was now.

She gave a helpless shrug as she admitted the pathetic truth. "No knows!" She really wished these silly packmembers would learn to speak the native tongue. They all made her look so foolish and she hated that feeling of being laughed at..
Xeris listened carefully to Miriette's replies. Despite the other female's slight difficulties speaking in what was an unfamiliar language to her, Miriette's words made sense to Xeris. The white wolf's golden eyes focused on Miriette's hair ornaments for a moment. She'd never seen anyone wear something like that before, and thought that they were pretty. But she decided not to comment on the other woman's fashion at the moment, but instead moved on to a different topic.

"So you have brothers?" Xeris asked. "That's cool. I never had any siblings, but I always wanted to have some. Are your brothers in the pack too?" She decided to give Miriette some time to respond, again not wanting to overwhelm the other woman. After a short pause, she lowered her head a little and spoke again. "Sorry if I'm being too nosy or talking too much. If you'd rather be alone, just tell me and I'll go. I'm just curious about pretty much everything that's going on here in the packlands."
Miriette noticed that the other lady seemed to be watching her as she played with the trinkets in her hair. A slight smile appeared on her maw as she untwisted a few of the beads and charms from her hair and held them in her hand as she asked. "You likes?" She knew she could always find more in the city and it was mighty lonely being on the bottom of everything in the pack, perhaps a friend was something she actually did need, despite her distrust of her father's pack for now. She opened her fingers to show the other lady the small shimmering objects as her eyes sparkled with amusement.

She asked of Miriette's brothers and it got a mixed reaction from the black and gold girl as she wrinkled her nose. "They around.." she said as she flicked her wrist back and forth off in the other direction. "Not here though.. outsiders.." Her brothers were always good at wandering off and they really wanted nothing to do with this new world where their father lived. It was a pity she thought for there was still a lot they didn't know of the man. Her eyes turned towards the woman as she apologized for all the questions. "There's nothing dah do.. just set up for sleeps." it probably seemed silly to everyone else that she slept in a hammock but to her it was great. She felt freer in the nets that held her close at night.
It had been a while since Ty had gone for a run, no hunting, no destination to go to, just an old fashioned run through the packlands. The wind through his golden-orange fur, the trees whipping past him as he bounded through the forest, it felt good. He could feel his powerful legs pushing him ever forward as he dashed under a particularly large branch. Hopping over a boulder, he made a small laugh as he leaped over a large rock, he didn't quite make the leap, so when he reached the top he kicked off the rock and flew through the air and landing on his paws, continuing the run. He enjoyed a good run, like walking off the beaten path, it allowed him to clear his head, and this time it gave him a run down memory lane, something he hadn't done in years, it was an exhilarating for him, something he hadn't done in years. He could remember spots he'd sen when he was a child, with his sister Skylar, and his mother, bless her soul.

However, that lapse in concentration made it o he didn't notice what was in front of him, after passing by a few trees and clearing a bush, he saw something that wasn't there before, and two people he didn't recognize. Miriette and Xeris, both simply chatting and setting up a hammock. Ty's eyes widened in surprise before letting out a shout and attempting to stop himself. While most wolves at that breakneck speed would have simply bowled into the girls and sent all three tumbling to the ground, Ty's light frame gave him quite an edge. With grace and precision, he narrowly dodged the two oncoming wolves, but he didn't see the hammock. He ended up getting caught in it, and the cloth sling sent him careening to the ground, coming to a full stop after he slid along the floor. He then simply sat up and rubbed his head, groaning slightly.

Turning to the two wolves, he got a small apologetic expression on his face and said "Uh...I'm sorry ladies, I didn't see you there, that hammock wasn't there last time I ran through this forest...are either of you hurt?"
Miriette had no idea what was going on when out of nowhere the male can crashing into her little home. She was all a flutter when she realized just who it was. She let out a sigh and shook her head, "Oh Ty, what you wants?" she asked, even though the male had already begun to explain himself. Miriette tossed her hair back and crossed her arms as she let out a sigh. "Of course wasn't, I just put eet there." she whined as she tried to straighten out the hammock that he'd nearly ripped from it's ropes. She gave the boy another shake of her head as she sighed.

Her eyes met his once more as she tried to scowl again, yet the smallest trace of a smile appeared instead. She really couldn't stay angry with the male, he hadn't meant to do it, even if it had upset the work she'd put into making the new part of the forest her makeshift home.
Getting to his feet, he rubbed his butt as he looked back up at Mirette, who was trying to show him distaste, but he though he saw a small smirk on her face. Chuckling, he dusted himself off as he noticed he might have damaged the hammock. "Oh, I'm sorry Mirette, I didn't mean to damage your hammock." He said with a sincere tone to his voice, he hadn't meant to cause harm, he'd just happened to trip into something he wasn't familiar with. "Is there any way I can help then?" He asked her calmly, his tail giving a soft wag as he talked with her.

He enjoyed Mirette's company, she had a certain charm with her accent and behavior, and having Xeris there just made it better. What could be better for Ty then meeting friends out here? sure, he might have bruised a hip, but he was still happy to see them.
ooc- see if Xeris is gonna reply next..

Miriette couldn't help that her mood was a little better today, though she was still far from being perfectly happy. Her eyes moved from the form of Ty to the hammock and back again before she finally sighed and just shook her head. "I thinks eet fine." She said, the hammock didn't look like it had received any lasting damage, and if it had she did know how to sew. She turned her eyes back to Ty as he asked a question and she frowned. "I don't thinks help es neededs, no?" She wasn't for certain but as far as she knew they didn't need any help.

She smiled slightly though as she gave in. "But I don't thinks it wrong if you wants stay." She wasn't going to make him leave just because he upset her hammock. She was the one silly enough to have put the things up in the middle of a game trail without noticing. Mighty silly of her.
ooc- Here I am, sorry XD

Xeris was rather surprised when Ty appeared, but supposed that it was good to see her friend. She giggled a little as he tumbled into the hammock. "Are you all right, Ty?" she asked. "We're just chatting. You should stick around for a while." The white wolf felt slightly more comfortable having her friend around as she'd just met Miriette and while Xeris felt sure that the other wolf would not harm her, she was still always grateful for the company of friends.

"That's interesting to hear about your family, Miriette," Xeris replied, turning back to the other female. "Perhaps someday you'll meet up with them again." She looked over the hammock which Ty had toppled into, making sure that it was undamaged in case Miriette needed help putting it back together. It seemed fine, however, and Xeris smiled. "What have you been up to, Ty?" Xeris supposed that making conversation would be the best thing to do right now.
"Bah, I'll be fine." Ty said with a chuckle as he again rubbed his head. "Just a few bumps and scrapes, nothing serious." He quietly nodded as he was invited to stay and chat. "I'd be delighted to stay." He nodded with a small grin, walking over and leaning against a tree. He had always made time to talk to friends, and now he pretty much had all the time in the world.

He decided that he wouldn't say anything at this moment, although he was a delightful talker, he decided today was to listen for him, and hear about mirette and Xeris talk, but he decided to stick around was imperative for him today. He felt that he was always interrupting anyway, so he was much more willing to simply listen today. He knew Xeris fairly well, but as for Mirette he still felt he knew so little about her.
Miriette was quiet a moment when Xeris spoke of her family. She knew she would see her brothers again but she wasn't for certain if she wanted to just now or if they wanted to see her. She afterall had stayed within their father's pack while her brother's took to the wind. She smiled slightly and shrugged to the other girl. "Maybe, who knows.." she said as she looked towards the two of them, wondering if she was going to have to explain everything again to Tyrone or if she would get away with just starting anew.

It seemed in a few moments that he wasn't going to question her on the previous subject and she was rather thrilled by this, not liking to repeat herself with her broken English and heavy accent. She smiled as Ty confirmed that he was fine and he would live. When he decided that he would stay she turned to glance towards her hammock, letting on finger glance over it, the hammock moving slowly with the motion as she asked. "Yes, What has you Ty?" wondering what the slightly nosy male had been up to since their last crash course.
Ty frowned as he tried to understand Mirette's question, 'what has you' wasn't exactly a very easy question to read for Ty, even though he had dealt with strange accents overseas, this question was hard to figure out. Assuming it was 'what have you been up to?' He replied with a thoughtful glance at the sky and a nod. "Well, lately I've been timing myself to see how long it takes me to get from one side of the territory to the other, I'm trying to beat my own time each time, though it's very hard to do when I don't have any real way of keeping time." Ty then chuckled. "And I certainly won't beat it now as I have tripped over your hammock."

He then looked to the two ladies, Ty was beginning to notice he knew more males then females here at Pheonix Valley. All-in-all he had only met three males and seven females, not counting himself, was it because the males were reclusive? Or was it because it was by pure chance? He didn't really know, and shouldn't really ask, though some males his age would be nice to see, he felt like he was the only male his age. Looking at the other two, he gestured towards them with a free hand and said "Well, what are you two up to?"