the rhythms of a landscape that is breathing
[html]

Hmmm I'm not sure. Tongue It would be cool if he had someone that tried
to talk him out of doing some mean things, and it would also be cool if
he had someone to plan his evil deeds with Tongue

The male had difficulty understanding anyone, so the feeling of being rather clueless wouldn't be new to him. Usually he would avoid the idea of comprehending the thoughts and motives of others, instead just spending time with them and very gradually picking up a sense of how they worked. However, if him and his new friend somehow belonged to each other, it might be necessary to get to a point where they understood each other right away. On the other hand, Hemming had enough trouble understanding himself, so perhaps a complete lack of knowing between them wouldn't be that bad. Or maybe his future spirit guide could help him illuminate the darkest places within himself.

It could also be the case that understanding was overrated. True and complete understanding could likely never be gained with anyone, even oneself, and perhaps the pursuit of it was just a waste of time. The best one could do, in such a case, was to be forgiving, to have compassion, and to give love freely. Understanding may just be the search of a method of manipulating the other.

Hemming watched the snake for a few moments more before replying, "I can imagine. How did you two meet?" The gray male understood the concept of the journey she had explained earlier, but he wanted to learn how Saw had first presented himself to Catherine.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: I guess... I'll stick with the bear. I have something in mind for his Journey XD

Catherine watched the male watching the snake, that replied his stare with the cold, shiny gold-yellow eyes, like little lanterns. The woman imaginated what that male could be thinking, but she didn't read minds. Luckily, because it seemed kind of annoying to able to hear others' thoughts. She prefered to keep it a mystery, as it should.

His question didn't surprise or bothered her. It was a rather funny story. Gosh... where do I start? she said, laughing a bit while she spoke. I was -finally- wandering deeper in the territories of the tribe. I had been living more around the boarders, so I decided to discover the lands I was scouting. Then, it happened: it all got silent around me, it seemed that the only life there was me and the trees. But I heard something in the bushes, along with a hiss. Of course, I got startled, but curious. I sneaked into the bush where the noise was coming from, and I found his yellow eyes. I lost my balance and fell sat in the ground. He slithered from the bush, calling my name. It was so spooky! she said, describing the better she could that memorable day. The snake laughed, a pitch hiss breaking time to time. Why the heck are you laughing? It wans't funny! she scourged, annoyed. "Yes, it was!", the mamba replied. You're an ass, you know, she said, whispering very lowly, only to the mamba.

[/html]
[html]

:0 I'm curious!

It would be interesting to know how much the experience of finding one's Spirit Guide differed from wolf to wolf. The story that Catherine told made Hemming laugh a little, and also made him slightly nervous. Even if the creature that presented itself wasn't a reflection of the soul, he was a little frightened to see what his might be. Such trepidation came with each new encounter, though, and it would surely fade quickly. The male could only hope that he could trust his, and that they would get along.

Laughing, he nodded, eyes flitting between the snake and the wolf as they interacted. Saw, for one, didn't seem to be a reflection of Catherine. Perhaps, instead, he was a contrast. Maybe the characteristics of the wolf had nothing to do with his spirit animal at all, and Hemming was totally overthinking any connection. He tended to do that.

"It does sound spooky!" he laughed. If the snake knew the girl's name, it seemed likely that he had known her before they first met eye to eye that day in the forest. Was it possible that Hemming's potential Spirit Guide was watching him now, figuring out if it wanted him or not?

[/html]
[html]

Occ: Maybe he'd just freak out when he sees the bear XP

The snake kept with the laughter, encouraged by the other wolf. Catherine wasn't annoyed by the male,; his laughter she could understand. The only one really getting her angry was Saw, as it was him that made it to her. Yes...

But now, it was her turn. Who knows? Maybe your Journey can be even more... spooky, she said, trying to, at least, pick on him. Even a different glare at her would be enough for her.

[/html]
[html]

haha Big Grin

Anticipation filled the male as he wondered what he might find for himself. Hopefully he wouldn't be startled enough to fall, as Catherine had been, but really he wouldn't bet on it. Hemming was susceptible to surprise, and rather prone to present his surprise as an odd reaction of some sort. Hopefully his future Spirit Guide would accept his eccentricities, or even embrace them.

"Oh, it's certainly possible," he replied, still laughing a little as he imagined what could happen. Snakes were about as creepy as he could think of at the moment. What other animal had so much stigma? A thought hit him and he asked, "Can Spirit Guides be sea creatures?" His eyes dropped to the snake for a second before he volleyed another question in the direction of the female, "And are they animals that are native to the area?" He didn't know much about the Black Mamba or its distribution around the globe, but he certainly hadn't seen anything like one before.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: XP

Catherine a bit dissapointed by her failure at scaring the male, but she could bet that the snake would do it for her, sooner or later. That limbless creature was very unpredictable, sometimes.

Hemming's next question was able to recall her of other's Spirit Guide. Ember's was a whale. Yes. There is that friend of mine, Ember Phoenix. Her Spirit Guide is an orca, she informed, remembering of hers and Ember's last meeting, a while ago. The creature wasn't around, but she knew almost everyone's Guides because of the Spirit Oak.

His other question she could answer as well. Most of them are, but there are others, like Saw, that aren't even from this continent, she said, remembering that she read -somewhere- that the native habitat of black mambas was nearly everywhere in "Africa", wherever it was. It was one of the most feared and dangerous snake there, as well. What a great friend she got...!

[/html]
[html]

What about a platypus for Hemming? Tongue Mosdef my favourite animal.

Before now, Hemming hadn't even known about the Spirit Guides, so any creature he had spotted with another wolf he imagined was just a chum. He remembered the giant bird on Dawali's shoulder when they had met at the borders, and, upon reflection, figured that it must have been his Spirit Guide. He thought about Ember and tried to muster anything he knew about orcas, but still failed to draw any sort of idea of how the spirits were relegated to their wolves. The male liked to find patterns in things, but perhaps he would have to accept that it was nothing more than just the way friends would meet.

It was cool to think that he had just been eye to eye with a creature that didn't even belong to the continent! By the looks of it, Hemming would have guessed that it was from somewhere hot, and thought he had read somewhere that the most exotic snakes were from Africa. This was likely the closest he would ever get to seeing something so foreign. "Wow, very cool. So they can pretty much be anything?" He spoke with awe in his voice, staring for another moment at the snake.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: hahaha! it would be hell funny, Hemming meeting a platypus out of nowhere XDDD sorry for the late, anyway D8>

The male's reaction to her answer startled her inside. Jeez, he just went from curious to excited. It was a rather quick change of mood, but quite like hers as well. The both Luperci's weren't so different from each other, after all...

Yes..., she said, still a bit startled. He looked again to the snake, and the grayish woman knew quite well that a moody Saw didn't like to be stared for very long. The snkar jissed loudly, in a warning for the male to turn his gaze somewhere else. One of her hand held the snake by the neck gently, but firmly. I wouldn't look at him for very long; he doesn't like sharing glance when so grumpy, she explained, with a rather serious tone in her voice. The mamba never attacked someone, so she didn't know what could happen. But she wasn't so eager to take any chances.

[/html]
[html]

XD

Hemming got the hint from the snake just a little before Catherine warned him, and he looked away quickly, his eyes moving to the female's face. There was a gentle smile still creasing his amber eyes, which betrayed the wonder he was feeling. "I understand," he said cheerfully, "I don't either." The male hadn't felt grumpy for a long time, though; so far AniWaya had kept those demons away.

The tiny bit of silence was not unwelcome, but Hemming broke it quickly. "So what else don't I know about AniWaya?" He laughed. "You're very helpful, you know." It was such a fortuitous thing that he had met her, otherwise he might have spent months not knowing very much about his new family. He would've been completely shocked if his Spirit Guide had showed up in this time, as well. The male, with just a bit of knowledge, felt more comfortable now.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: --

Catherine smiled sheepishly while he answered her warning, but it turned to a giggly smile when he broke that heavy silent between them, although their surroundings weren't so quite. Only that she half noticed that the sunshine was running off, beginning its journey for hidding beyond the horizon. Thanks. I never knew I could be so helpful for someone.

The grayish woman had to muse a bit before continuing. She knew that there was something else... Suddenly, Bluma that was behind the tree she climbed on, whined loudly, scaring the wolfess. She jumped where she was, looking backwards, the fur in her shoulders rising slightly. Oh, that was it. You know that we have horses, right? she asked, pointing with the thumb to the mare. She whistled to her, clicking her fingers, until the horse came to her in a lazy trotte. This is Bluma, my mare. Say "hello" to Hemming, Blummy, she introduced horse to wolf, looking at the beast while her last phrase. The horse made a quick reverence, rising and lowing the head to the male. The femme laughed once with the movemment that the horse made. It was rather funny.

[/html]
[html]

Hemming got his Spirit Guide Big Grin so I think we need a thread
with her in it! Saw could try to eat her. Tongue

Almost everyone had the potential to be helpful, Hemming thought, and he wondered why the female ever doubted herself. She seemed more helpful than many wolves he had met. The gray male smiled at her response, giving a little shrug to indicate that her doubt was unwarranted.

The whinny surprised Hemming a little bit as well, and he jumped. He hadn't seen nor smelled the beast that lingered behind the tree. Catherine spoke again, introducing her horse, and Hemming smiled once more. "Yes, I've seen the stables. Ember was just bringing in a new colt when I was there." When the mare seemed to nod at him, Hemming laughed a little and raised his hand to wave. "Hi, Bluma!" They truly were magnificent creatures.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: huahuahua XDDD Yes, sure thing! Do you wanna start it? | Well, shall I finish this thread in the next round?

Catherine smled widely, showing the tips of her teeth, when the male saied he was aware of the horses, and that he had already met Ember. The grayish wolfess could remember the frirst time she placed the paws in AniWaya, the black woman the one she met of the tribe, right before came Dawali and Leland, Tayui and the pups, and so many others...

You met Ember?! Wow, that's cool; she's one of my best friends in AniWaya, only losing for Dawali! she said, an excited tone in her warm voice.

The male waved to Bluma, and Catherine smiled, glad to see that the mare seemed to like her new friend. She petted the cream neck of the horse, that lyed besides her, placing the giant head in the woman's chest, that hugged it. The mare was such a sweet thing...

A harsh cry came from above, and automatically the grayish femme raised the gloved hand to the sky, letting the peregrine falcon land on it, the claws not reaching to her skin because of the thick leather glove. She hoped the male not be so afraid of the great ammount of faithful pets, following her around. And this is my dear friend, Seymour. He is wit h me since he was born, she said, introducing the last one in her little family. Of course, the bird was the very first one to join it, right before came Saw, and then Bluma. She could only hope to don't have anyone else joinning, or her cave would become a bit crowded.

[/html]
[html]

Sure, I can start it. Big Grin And yup, one more post should do it!

Catherine's excitement made Hemming grin widely. "They're both so wonderful, aren't they? Are all AniWayans so great?" He laughed, saying the words jovially though he was completely sincere in his rhetorical questioning. The male did have one rather sour encounter, but the thought of the young male who had tried to trick him into starving to death didn't even cross his mind. Ember had been extremely hospitable and even helped Hemming to find and set up a den.

The male found it was amazing that the horse was comfortable enough with the other wolf to lay in her lap, and equally astounded when the falcon settled onto her arm. He had been curious to know why she wore the glove, and now he knew why. Amber eyes wide with surprise for a moment, he barely moved his eyes from the bird while Catherine introduced him. So many animals! There must have been something about her than led them to liking her.

"Wow," he mouthed, and repeated himself, "Wow. Hello, Seymour." Catherine must have raised him from an egg. This was remarkable, and Hemming was almost too in awe to say anything else.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: Done! ^3^

Catherine laughed along with Hemming as he talked about the AniWayans. Yes, all of the tribe were so welcoming, so warm-hearted with everyone. It was nice to see everyone so bounded, so friendly. It was the kind of atmosphere perfect to raise pups, which they have many. At least many for her; the wolfess had ever seen such a concentration of pups in her life. Actually, it was the first time she ever saw other pups. She had grown alone, her mother and she, no one else. With her mother's memories, came the memories of that awful, morbid day. She shook her head, clearing her mind of those dark thoughts. She felt a shadow pass through her eyes, a freezing chill crashing in her body strong like a violent wave, quick and astonishing like a thunder. A deep breathe, and the beast inside her was calmed down.

She tried to look as if nothing had happened, and smiled again to him. He looked like that he didn't see her behaviour. It was wierd. So many thoughts, in so little time... In anyway, he greeted Seymour, that answered with a low, gentle cry. It went to the ground, walking on it's alkward way, normal for his species, and rubbed the head in the male's knee. Sometimes, Seymour could behave. Sometimes, he couldn't. That was one difficult bird to decode.

In anyway, he now knew all her family, which made her lose that feeling of keeping secret of something. She always felt that she didn't say something she should. It wasnt lying, but omiting things from others. The grayish woman had grown discouraged with that kind of behaviour. It was somewhat good, but when she had to keep a secret, she was a safe locked with seven keys. But, if there was no real need for that, she refused to act like that.

That was memorable day: she made a brand new friend, taught things for him, presented her pets, and hoped him to get a new friend himself. Now, the sun was down, and the night was amazing, the stars not hidden by any unconvinient cloud. She looked upward, the stars reflecting in her wet eyes. She felt like tears were bulding up in the corner of her eyes. So many emtions for her sensitive heart... The woman stargazed, hoping the male would follow her.

[/html]