There's an emptiness inside her
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Private for Brooklyn

It felt like it all had happened so fast, so unexpectedly. That she had become a mother, that things with Conri had taken a turn for the worse...that she had met Anu, raised her children, and then parted ways with her third-in-command. Anu was a good wolf. She just wasn't what Naniko needed right now. Too much suspicion and second-guessing. Anu didn't trust her, and she didn't know if she had ever trusted her. Naniko was the way that she was because of Conri. Not just the bad parts, but the good parts too. Couldn't Anu see that?

The white mother sat in the middle of the herb garden, her large but nimble fingers picking out all of the little weeds that had popped up so far this season. The herbs needed sun to grow and flourish. She pulled them out one by one, tossing them into a growing pile behind her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... syblue.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Delay in reply is silly and unwanted D:

Brooklyn didn't know what to make of her meeting with the wolf of Darkness. He was everything that she could ever be afraid of and yet he did not scare her. He fascinated her and made her long for him in ways she had never imagined possible. The thought of sex was not foreign to Brooklyn, but it was one she chose not to entertain. Besides, she could not actually tell if the attraction she felt towards him was curiosity, fear or desire. A mixture of all three seemed like the easiest answer out there. Whatever the reason, she longed for him and his wisdom and found herself outside the manor, ready to bolt for the forest and find him again.

And then she saw her mother. Naniko and Brooklyn were alike in pelt colour and demeanour, maybe. She hadn't spoken to either of her mothers since the drinking night with Haven. That had been an experience she wasn't sure she wanted to repeat any time soon and her brother was missing in action. She knew that Mati would have an idea of where he was, but spending time arduously with her sister when she could be with her dark friend was not how Brooklyn wanted things to be. She longed for a time when she and her siblings understood each other better, when there was no need for all the rivalry and the petty things, for her to argue with Mati so much and resent her the way she did. Why had things turned this way? Why could she not have the same bond with her sister as she did her brother? Then again, she and Salem were pretty cold to each other and he seemed to have vanished too. Would Naniko know their whereabouts?

"Hello, Momma." Her words were softly spoken. She needed someone to guide her, tell her that what she was doing was good, it was right. She needed a friend so badly not even she knew.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It had been months since she and Anu had split up, and she hadn't actually seen the timberwolf in what felt like a very long time. Before, she and Anu had talked every day. She'd seen her multiple times a day. Now she was lucky if she saw her every couple of days. She didn't know if the female was avoiding her or if it was just bad luck, but either way it made her a little bit sad. Just a bit, though.

She had heard that Haven was gone, that he'd left...and she'd passed that on to the girl who had come looking for him from Inferni. Siobhan had assured Naniko that Haven wasn't in trouble with the coyote clan, but had said that she had been unable to find him as well. Hopefully the white coyote would come back to tell Naniko if she did locate her orange son. When Naniko had been young she'd been quite the wanderer...she couldn't blame Salem and Haven for wanting to go out on their own.

She dusted her hands off as her daughter came near, sending flicks of dirt in different directions. "What are you up to today, Brook? I was just getting a few things done here in the garden. Now that you all are on out on your own I have a lot more free time. I do miss those old times, though, still, when we were all together." Was she rambling? "Nowadays I don't know where anyone is. Salem said that he was leaving, and Haven's dissapeared...but at least I still have my girls." She gave her a smile.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... syblue.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for the delay again! 300+

The dirt didn't quite reach her paws, but Brooklyn almost instinctively moved back a step before realising her mistake. She winced visibly and tucked her tail between her legs a little, chastised. She knew she was being harsh with Naniko, as harsh as she would have been with Anu. She could not understand their reasons for breaking up, could not understand why the love had gone away. At least the pack had remained, although how much was Savina's influence was anyone's guess. The white girl knew better than to start questioning right away. Perhaps her mother decided not to answer anything and would even berate her for being so callous. Brooklyn would not blame her, not one bit. Why should she? "Oh, I'm not up to much, Momma. I'm just... looking around, I guess."

She shifted uncomfortably. Should she bring up the subject of the male? Would her mother be able to smell him on her pelt? She had since washed in the river, carefully diving in and staying there, trying to make sure there was nothing on her fur to give her away. But she could not realistically judge if she'd done a good job or not. She could certainly believe it and then deny any knowledge, but this would be the first outright lie she told her mother. "I miss those times too," she said, looking down at the ground. Things had been so much easier then. Now, though, now they were muddled and complicated and everyone was leaving. Her mother's voice went on, something which surprised Brooklyn somewhat. She couldn't remember her mum being so chatty, but maybe she missed having someone to share her thoughts with now that Anu was gone. "Momma, why did Haven and Salem go? Don't they love us any more?" She walked towards her mum, hovering uncertainly. She wanted, no, needed, her to touch her, to caress her hair, tell her everything was going to be fine. Brooklyn could feel tears welling up in her eyes. "I miss things the way they were, Momma, I miss them so." Her own voice sounded broken and scared.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't know what she could say any more that would make things better. Things were the way that they were for a reason, she felt sure...maybe there was something better for her out there. Something that the Gods were waiting for her to find for herself. This was the life that she had thought she wanted, the life that she still did want. Even if she was alone. Brooklyn would learn more about life in time, just as Naniko had when she had been that age.

"You look just like your grandmother, did you know? You probably won't ever meet them...I barely knew my parents. But I remember her, at least. Kaelyn Trickery is your grandmother's name. A white wolf with eyes the brightest blue color." They had left her too, her parents. Conri had been the one who had taken care of her and made sure that she had enough food. Laruku had helped her out a lot too, with food.

She couldn't even begin to guess that Brooklyn would have been affiliated with any male, but it would not have been too much of a shock to her. She could tell that something was going on between Haven and his coyote friend--she had come to Crimson Dreams many times, and a few of those times the conversation had felt a little uncomfortable to her. It was a social cue, maybe. She looked back to Brooklyn, standing up. Her daughter was nearly as tall as she was now, which did shock her. "Oh, Brooky. I'm sure they still do...they just need to go off and live their own lives. I'm sure they'll come back and see us. We're a family."

"Our lives will change again and again, Brooky. Sometimes it'll be hard and horrible...but some changes can be good. I'm sure some good will come of all of this, even if we have to be alone for a little while. I won't leave you like they did...and you won't leave me either, will you?" She asked, putting her hand on the girl's shoulder.

[/html]
[html]
Req and I agreed that Brooklyn would be hurt a bit by Corvus, so she hasn't slept with him, but Naniko can certainly smell him on her <3 300+

Brooklyn didn't understand why her mother was telling her all this. The family had always been restricted to Naniko and Anu and the four puppies, a lovely little nest that needed no one else, that had never accepted anyone else until forces broke it apart. They were so different, too, all of them, with only Brooklyn sharing her mother's white coat and apparently her grandmother's eyes. Trickery. The name did not bode well for the girl, but since she would probably never meet that side of the family, it was safe to assume things would be okay. The girl couldn't understand why her mother was being so chatty, but it was nice to spend time with her. Anything better than the Darkness.

She wondered if things would ever look up for her. Haven's friend she did not know, at all, had never even considered the possibility. Her encounter with the monster had frightened her, for all that she did not want to admit it. She was having nightmares, where his eyes followed her every move and his voice told her what to do. In her dreams, she could see herself following him down the path he wanted her to take, blindly walking into his arms every night and giving herself up to his power. It made her wake in a shiver, trembling, taking away whatever rest she could get. Brooklyn did not want things to be that way at all. But she couldn't tell Naniko, either. Talking about her brother seemed like the safer options. "Crimson Dreams stopped them from living, Momma? I still live here. Mati does too. Does that mean we're not living? Should I go and live with some other pack instead of here with you because otherwise I am not living?" Brooklyn needed someone to counsel her, someone to tell her what was right and what was wrong. She needed her mother.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"Oh no, Brooklyn. Nothing like that. Some pups stay in their packs for their entire lives, baby girl. But others leave because they don't feel like it's much of a home to them after they're more grown. Once they don't really need their momma any more." Every pup needed their mother for food and shelter and protection until they were big enough to fend for themselves. It was after that that the pups decided if they wanted to stay at home or not. "I miss them. I would miss you if you left...so I'm really glad you're here"

"It's good for pups to explore, though, you know? But not too much...I don't want you guys getting hurt. You smell like you've been away from the lands, you know? Not in a bad way...you just smell odd to me." It was something that she had noticed over time of standing close to Brooklyn. "Where have you been hanging around lately?" She questioned. Brooklyn could refuse to tell her...but she hoped she wouldn't.

[/html]
[html]
I apologise for the delay!

Brooklyn listened patiently to everything her mother had to say to her. There was much she could still learn, much that she had to take from her mother. Perhaps Haven and Salem felt themselves adult enough to do without the teachings of the pack, but she herself could not really see how she could leave Crimson Dreams. It was her home, pure and simple. "And you, Momma? When you were like me and Mati, did you stay with your pack and parents? Where are they now, Momma?" She'd never really asked that, but if her mother had brought up the image of her grandmother, Brooklyn's curiosity was piqued. She simply needed to know more. Her tail wagged a little when her mother expressed her gratitude. "I'm glad I stayed too, Momma, and Haven isn't that far away, he'll come back, I'm sure. Salem... Salem will be okay too, won't he?"

Fear crept into the girl's heart. The wolf who had hurt her, who had managed to frighten her so much. She took one step back, clutching the edges of her coat and shifting awkwardly. "Oh... just... nowhere important, you know. I... I wanted to go and explore a bit longer, just see what kind of packs are out there, you know?" It was obvious that there was more Brooklyn didn't want to tell. But how could she bring up the Darkness incarnate, as he had called himself? She wondered if her mother would press for details or just leave it. Neither option gave her much hope, but Brooklyn need just a few little nudges to spill everything.

[/html]
[html]
Table by Jael
ooc

No one had ever really asked about her past. Not since she had been with Conri when they were younger. He had wanted to know everything about her...he'd wanted to know every little thing, every little feeling that she had. He had been the best mate to her up until the point where he had been kidnapped. He hadn't said much about what had happened to him during that time, but she knew that it was something absolutely horrible. Torture. He'd been different since then, more distant. They had tried to make it work, but she'd done wrong and he'd snapped.

"My family left me to fend for myself as a three-month-old pup, Brooky. I only vaguely remember Kaelyn...but Roman came back a few months later and I saw him. He was a big black wolf with the deepest green eyes. I'll always remember him. But that was three years ago...I don't know if they're alive any more. One of my siblings came around once, Selene D'angelo, so I suppose that him and mother are still out there somewhere. But they've never come back here." She pursed her lips, thinking. "There were more D'angelos, too, back then. I had an aunt, cousins, and other relatives. Misery, Matinee, they were here too."

She hoped that Haven would be ok, wherever he was, and passed the feeling along to her daughter. "I think he will be...I hope he will be. He's a smart boy, and I bet he's doing just fine. You know it's ok if you decide to go too, right? I wouldn't keep you here. But what other packs are interesting you? You're getting to that age...is there a boy involved?" She questioned.

[/html]