come warm your hands on hellfire and brimstone.
[html]
» name; jael
» bday; sept. 22nd '08.
» luperci; yes.
» species; wolf-coyote hybrid.
» gender; male.
» contact; just pm me. :]

The others had long since abandoned him, but Jael didn't find that he cared all that much. Or, at least as much as he should have. Other than their father, they were the only family he directly knew. Of course, Vitium had spun tales galore within their heads of the great family they had descent from. But once again, Jael didn't find that he cared all that much. He was the nihilist; the apathetic, empty soul that needed to see to believe and fathom his own truth. Their mother had shown them nothing but love in his earliest days, yet their father had told she was a liar and a sinner and deserved the horrible things he had done to her. She was a wolf, and thus of lesser value. And yet Jael himself looked more like a wolf than either of the others did.

In fact, he honestly didn't look all that much like a coyote at all, save the lankiness of his frame and height of his ears. But that could all be pinned on youth. If in time he grew into his limbs and frame than he would look the most like their mother, and thus a wolf. And yet in all irony Vitium had sent them looking for a clan of wolf-hating coyotes. It did amuse the boy when he thought about it. And yet here he was, standing at the edge of a packland that smelled like coyotes and bore wooden spears crowned with wolf skulls contemplating his own existence. Of course, Jael knew this might not even be Inferni, but he could guess. He felt like a fucking fool standing here.

And yet he lowered his pale rear to the dusty ground and seated himself in the shadow of one of the many posts lining the borders, looking toward the heart of the land and wondering what to expect.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

hey there (:
the public don’t dwell on my transmission

It was slowly but surely heating up, melting into summer. Humans had been fascinated with summer; the number of books captioned 'summer read' or cd's playing music about the season was ridiculous. The hybrid was out patrolling the borders, as he had taken to doing. He paused once by a cracked skull, running a thumb gently over it. Giggle wondered who the wolf had once been. He looked up, catching on the wind the scent of a stranger. The fairly constant influx of members recently was pleasing. He straightened up, smoothed back his ponytail and headed towards the white shape.

His eyes narrowed as he approached the male. He was, frankly, wolfish in appearance, but then, he could have simply been a hybrid. And Giggle could hardly judge one for mixed heritage, when he himself was partly wolf. Moving to stand in front of the male, still holding a tinge of suspicion in his indigo eyes, the Imaginifer cleared his throat. 'You're standing on Inferni's borders,' he pointed out, feeling sort of dumb at the obvious statement. 'What do you want?' His voice was even-toned and formal- perhaps not as nice as he'd been to Halo, but certainly not judgmental. He flicked his gaze over the boy again, waiting for a response.

[/html]
[html]
    Suspicion graced the other's features as he approached and Jael was not surprised. He looked like a wolf, that much was certain and the boy couldn't blame him for being wary. Immediately though he came to realize he had indeed reached Inferni when it was the first thing out of the stranger's mouth. That somewhat lessened the foolish feeling Jael had held while sitting here. "I wonder," he inquired, body pose demure as he regarded the coyote. "Would you know if either of my siblings have passed through here already? Halo and Enigma are their names." Vitium had sent them this way after all, and both of them had run ahead of Jael, abandoning him to his apathy toward their father's given mission.

The pale creature had been wary of his father since they'd first met. The monster who had attacked their mother without given cause, violating and destroying her before their very eyes and shattered their content childhood in a single instant. And then he'd attempted to justify himself to them. Halo and Enigma had taken to his words far easier than Jael. Perhaps it was simply because he looked so much like her that the wolfish canine had been prone to disbelief about her supposed dark nature. Either way, he had taken Vitium's words with a grain of salt and sought to find his own truth without outside guidance before believing either way.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

the public don’t dwell on my transmission

When the male named his relations, Giggle's eyes softened their suspicious. He didn't know Enigma, but Halo was here. That also vouched for his bloodline as Halo had been a Lykoi and clearly coyote. Had he stuck around the last time, he might've heard Gabriel's lecture on Vitium. As it were, the Imaginifer hadn't a clue of his heritage- and even if he had it wouldn't have meant anything to him. 'Halo is here. I don't know if the other is or not, though,' he added, slightly apologetic. Now feeling reassured that the other man wasn't ill intentioned, or at least had the decency to hide it, he allowed his posture to relax slightly, although he still held himself straight.

'What's your name?' He asked, his voice becoming formal and dropping his dubious notes. Even as he asked, his mind slipped back to a half-formed thought from before. As loyal as he felt to Inferni, frankly, the coyote knew very little of it's history. Gig wondered if anyone had ever thought to compile a complete list of it's history. Perhaps he'd ask Gabriel later.

[/html]
[html]
    So Halo was here and Enigma thus far unknown. The other coyote's poise had since slackened, relaxing the tense suspicion it had held only moments before once he'd uttered his sister's name. Obviously her entrance had gone well enough for such a response--or so Jael concluded. But what of Enigma? He would have thought the other boy would have long since arrived right alongside their sister if not before, so eager and ready to jump into Inferni's supposed legacy. Unless something had happened, and perhaps he had perished or been injured. Would such a thought pain Jael all that much? He did love his siblings, but he felt that perhaps they had grown apart since Vitium's arrival into their lives. They wanted to follow in his path and Jael was something different. But where did he belong?

"Jael," he replied, bowing his head slightly as he spoke as a courteous gesture. Simple. Nothing more and nothing else. No surname or any indication of his family ties other than the former mention of his sister. But where did Jael belong anyway? He didn't quite believe his father, but he couldn't quite believe his mother was all good either when it had been pounded into him so long that she was evil. He didn't know any better--not yet at any rate, this brief into existance on this earth. Experience had yet to teach him right and wrong in the proper manner. All he could do was disbelieve and see for himself.

Soul was the name he had been given alongside Jael from his mother's lips at the moment of his birth. But he no longer felt attached to her. And Lykoi was Vitium's legacy, but he didn't feel that he belonged to that world either. De le Poer was all that remained, but was that his fate either? For the moment he would remain simply Jael. An unknown and a mystery until life wrapped a destiny around him and molded him into someone.

"As my sister is already here, would it be possible for me to remain as well," he asked quietly, looking toward the grayscale creature in an almost shy, unsure manner. At least, for the time being.. This was all he knew and this was the only family he was currently aware of. The world was large and cold and the boy didn't want to be alone--at least, not yet. He didn't felt he belonged here, but what else could he do? Where else could he go?
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... Part12.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
     One peculiar colored form was not uncommon in Inferni; their Imagnifier and his son’s ward were both remarkably pale. Jezebel was nearly black, and Gabriel himself looked nothing like a coyote. Two peculiar forms at the borders, especially one that was unfamiliar, was uncommon. The Aquila approached at a wide lope, long legs taking him through the tall brush-grass and onto a worn trail. He and his fellow coyotes had carved those paths across the Waste like scars, forming odd hieroglyphics all their own, if only to tell the world that they had been there.
     He arrived just in time to hear the boy explain himself. An expression nearly a grimace crossed his face, but this was momentary and passed swiftly. “Both of your siblings are here,” he explained, nodding to Giggle in greeting. “I hope you don’t share the same blind devotion to your father.”

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
    Head turned toward the approach of another just in time to catch the look that quickly passed across his features. He was.. disgusted by Jael? What had he done to deserve such a thing? Was it simply his appearance or something more? But the confusion only increased as the creature spoke. So Enigma was here, that much was presented by the stranger--not dead or lost or some such thing. But what of this blind devotion to his father? He must of let a look cross his face, not yet utterly adept at lying and hiding being a stoic mask.
    "What do you mean?" Jael asked softly, keeping his head down and eyes averted from the larger male's. He was already thrown off by their encounter thus far. Had Enigma and Halo's entrances gone awry, and this inflicted a bad image on all of them? Vitium had told them they'd be greeted like family once they stated their bloodline, but already Jael could sense he was horribly mistaken. Giggle had relaxed when he mentioned his sister's name, and yet the way his father was mentioned now..? Vitium didn't appear to be held in very high regard with this coyote. He would have laughed had he been less inclined to believe his own death was possible.
    Regardless of anything, he looked like a wolf, and Inferni he already knew was taught and trained to despise and destroy all wolves. Gold eyes taking in what he saw of the new being, Jael suspected this was Vitium's brother from physical description. He looked for all appearances, just like a big dog.
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... Part12.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
     Only one of the children had gained the de le Poer eyes—the one who went by Lykoi. It was interesting, but not so much so that it perturbed Gabriel. He carried his mother’s eyes to the fullest. All he carried of his father was the peculiar charm on his necklace. “Halo and Enigma both seemed to think of your father as a god. They seemed crushed when they realized they were children of a full-blooded traitor.” He waited only for a reaction, but it was a pause that seemed remarkably natural.
     “I will not turn away family,” considering he no longer thought of his brother as such. “If you intend to stay you will be expected to perform the duties that Inferni asks of all its members.”
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
    A traitor? Surprise did cross the younger wolf's features, but it was not the shocked expression invoked by the crushing of a dearly beloved idol. It was the dark realization that he had been lied to and betrayed. Vitium had been no god to Jael--Vitium had destroyed his mother before their eyes and the boy could not so easily forget such a thing. And yet.. he had sent all of them here to a pack that knew full well he was a traitor? Anger bloomed into life across the pale boy's features. Anger not for Gabriel and his words, but at his father. He had no reason to mistrust Gabriel, but he had no reason to believe him either. Yet he was further inclined to believe the leader of Inferni than the vagabond rapist of Colibri.
    Jael's own conclusion from the situation was simply that Vitium was a liar and he had used them. Perhaps to harm their mother even further he had brainwashed their pliable young minds and knowingly sent them to a clan that would gladly kill them the moment they proudly announced they were the children of an infamous traitor. As the anger formed Jael's pupil's dilated just so, catching the light and changing them to a deep, fiery hue. And in that hue, for the briefest of moments seemed a ring of crimson. But it was gone so fast it could have simply been an illusion. "A traitor?" he finally said, calming his voice enough that it appeared perfectly flat and even, as though there were no negative emotion there. "Might I be permitted to ask.. what he had done?" He wanted to know to know, not to disbelieve; he wanted to know everything there was to know and thus derive the truth from fact. Jael wanted to know what to really think of his sire. Obviously his impressions thus far were not very good, and with good reason.
    And yet even as such Gabriel did not turn him away or make any attempt or indication of planning to kill him for being the offspring of a traitor. "Of course," he replied in his naturally quiet voice, perfectly aware he would have to serve the king in order to live on his land. "I'll do whatever is asked of me, should you permit me to stay."
[/html]
[html]
     There it was; the anger that Gabriel had not only expected, but needed to see. He remained stoic, though his eyes glimmered with dark amusement. If Vitium had expected him to kill the children, he was wrong. If Vitium had expected the children to honor his name and rise against their family then he was dead wrong. “Your father defended a wolf who had come to Inferni looking for blood. He attacked myself, our mother, and Hybrid.”

He spared a glance to Giggle, who for all of this had remained silent and dutiful. It was just as well; the odd male deserved to know the truth of the matter as well. The Aquila turned his head back and met the boy’s eyes. “Your sister is staying at the mansion. I don’t know where your brother is.” Then with that, the large doggish hybrid turned, nodded for the Imagnifier to follow him, and began to head off.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
    It was ironic, Vitium had betrayed Inferni by defending a wolf, and yet had attempted to teach them to despise them. Ironic, and highly amusing, and the boy just concealed a rueful smirk at the older being's words. Had he followed in his footsteps and honored his father's word and teachings above all, then Jael would have proved himself a fool. Had he called this hybrid a liar and set his fangs to defend his sire's reputation, then he would have been cast aside like nothing and perhaps even rightfully destroyed. But Jael sought out his own destiny. And for now Inferni would remain his residing place. "Thank you," he muttered softly, watching as Gabriel turned and left.
[/html]