a drop of treason
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
DaVinci. (: 300+

Common sense told her to stay away from Phoenix Valley, but there were some things that needed taken care of. Lexey had so many questions; none of which she had an answer to. Firefly’s exclusion from Dahlia de Mai had fixed a few problems, but not all of them. Images of a frail-looking pup continuously plagued her subconscious, to the point where sleeping had become nothing but wishful thinking. Conor had nearly died in her arms that day; she remembered it quite vividly. His eyes had been so hollow, completely devoid of emotion. Just thinking about it still sent shivers up her spine. Alexey would often point fingers and blame others for the pain he’d suffered; his mother was the main villain. But part of it was also DaVinci’s fault. He’d lied to her about the children’s whereabouts; he’d ruined their friendship beyond salvation.

What had she done to deserve such a thing? From him, of all people! The Koios girl didn’t know what to think anymore. And for a moment, she wondered what her reasons for seeking him out were. Perhaps she needed to confront him; to let him know how much he’d hurt her. How much she hated him for betraying her trust. She was angry with the world; it felt like nobody really cared, not even Drey. Both Stormbringer siblings had vanished without a word; no goodbyes, no explanations. Nothing. And for some reason, one that didn’t make much sense at all, she blamed DaVinci for that too. Just because he was a man, and men were terrible creatures.

Proper ethics did not matter to her, not here. A husky male had physically harmed her, and whatever respect she’d once had for Phoenix Valley was now gone. The latte femme stepped right over the border and threaded deeper into claimed territory; honey-hued eyes on the lookout for the Savant.

[/html]
DaVinci hadn't really wanted to go out and face the world after the death of Cinder but he knew if he shacked himself away that everyone would notice and sooner or later someone would show up pretending they cared, or even worse, actually cared. He was tired of all the horrible things that had begun to crash down around him and for once he just wished he could escaped from it all and find somewhere that he wasn't going to be followed by such grief. He knew that was impossible though so he just trudged through the lands like he knew that the world didn't stop for a broken heart or that nothing could really sooth the pain and guilt he felt.

The male had begun his normal routine of checking the borders and freshening up markers when a scent he knew too well caught his attention. He paused for a moment but a frown appeared on his maw as he realized that Alexey was far too deep in the pack lands and she seemed alone. furrowing his brows in annoyance he began to follow the scent of the lady as he wondered if she thought just because she knew him that she could trampse all through their lands. He couldn't save her ass if someone from the pack decided to play hero today.

Finally he caught sight of the woman and called out, the annoyance in his voice ringing clear as he moved at a brisk jog to catch up with the golden lady. "Alexey, what do you think you're doing." Why in the world was he spending his time retrieving this woman from the mists of the pack. He should have just let her fend for herself.. but he knew he would never do that it was just a cross thought that passed through his mind like so many thoughts.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It wasn’t long after she’d trespassed that his scent infiltrated her nostrils, immediately triggering an alarm signal in the back of her mind. Alexey found herself anticipating the moment she’d get to lay eyes on him. The silver-hued hybrid was like a bittersweet poison; his presence always left her dazed and confused. Although she had a whole speech planned out, it was likely that things wouldn’t go the way she’d planned; hence why she mentally braced herself for the unexpected. His scent was followed by the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps, and Lexey froze in her tracks.

She did not immediately turn to face him though. A quiet sigh escaped the confinements of her maw, and she took a moment to calm herself before pivoting in his direction. Both of her ears perked up as his authoritative inquiry danced in the air, and she could only frown at the tone he’d used. “Just making sure you’re not keeping any other children hostage,” she said dryly, golden-colored orbs burning into his stormy ones. Both fists were clenched at her sides and her composure threatened to crumble at any given moment.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
DaVinci really wasn't in the mood to play games and now that he'd found the woman he wanted a quick and easy answer then for her to get on her business so he could do his own. The male was worn down and tired of the world, nothing had ever seemed to go his way or brighten his day and oddly enough it didn't seem that the woman was going to help this day. He let out a sigh as he noticed the state she was in, wondering if she was going to question his authority or if she was going to play nicely.

The tone that she used with him when she finally did answer made him furrow his brows in annoyance as he asked. "What the hell are you taking about.." The agitated state the other was in made him shake his head as he growled. "If you're not here for anything remotely realistic then leave, I've got enough on my plate." Why in the world he even got himself involved with others he didn't know but at one point he'd atleast thought that the tawny lady was sane, now he wasn't so sure.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey’s jaw nearly dropped open at the answer he provided her with. He’d never used that tone of voice with her, and hearing the annoyance in his words infuriated her even more. Granted, the intonation she’d greeted him with wasn’t exactly nice either, but she had every right to be angry. He, on the other hand, did not! Closing in on the distance between them, the Acer shoved her nose inches from his face. She’d initially intended on just hitting him, anything to make her feel better, but she quickly decided against it. With the sour mood he was in, there was no telling how he’d react to the assault.

“You- you lied to me!” she stammered, poking him right in the shoulder with her index finger. Hard. “Conor and Emwe were here this whole time!” A helpless whine rang through the air; it was the only way she could express how much his lie had hurt. And thanks to their little act, Firefly had lost custody of her children. No matter how angry she was with the multi-hued femme; taking Emwe away from her had been the hardest thing she’d ever had to do. “I trusted you,” she continued, unable to hide her shame. Apparently she was a bad judge of character because people always ended up deceiving her; especially men.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
DaVinci knew he wasn't being fair but nothing had been right for him recently and he really didn't have the time to act happy and carefree with everyone that he wanted to believe that his life was perfect anymore. Suddenly though it seemed that he'd pressed all the wrong buttons (again) as Alexey pushed herself up close to him, his eyes flashing a warning as he could almost see just what she'd intended to do. He would never start something with a girl but he wasn't about to let one beat him down just because he might be a gentleman.

When instead of a physical lashing she lashed out with words he growled, not understanding anything that the fool woman was saying. When she'd thrust her finger into his shoulder he quickly snatched up her wrist in his fingers and narrowed his eyes as he was beginning to understand just what in the world was going on. "I never lied to you! I've never even set eyes on my sister's children. I told you what I knew." he snarled. He was beginning to think that perhaps they had been her against his knowledge as she seemed to whine softly, the last words almost going unheard as he let her wrist go and sighed.

"Alexey.. what the hell is going on.." He didn't like the fact that for reasons unknown to him he'd lost the lady's trust. DaVinci had never done anything to hurt her on purpose and if he ever lied to another it was for their own safekeeping and good health. Why in the world she was so content on blaming him for everything that happened he didn't know but he'd had enough already of blame and bad luck, he wasn't going to take this load.
[/html]
[html]
300+

She hadn’t seen it coming: his apt fingers coiled around her wrists, ensnaring her in a tight grip. Instinctively, Alexey attempted to pry her hand away. The gesture itself did not worry her as much as the dangerous glint in his stormy eyes. She knew what it meant, and thoughts of physically getting her point across were quickly discarded. “They were here with that husky,” she continued, pressing the issue. Lexey didn’t know what to believe; although his claims appeared to be sincere, they were a little hard to believe. How could he not have caught the scent of Dahlia so deep within the pack lands?

“Firefly- she brought them here herself! How could you not know that?” she accused, still not entirely convinced. The Acer could only assume that his sister’s happiness came before their friendship. It would’ve made sense for DaVinci to accept the two boys into his pack. She did not mention her altercation with Lysander yet, although she wanted nothing more than to see that filthy dog get the beating of his life. “I had to take her children away. Emwe asks about her every day, and Conor thinks both of his parents hate him.” She never would’ve told any of this to their mother. Hell, Alexey sincerely hoped they’d never run into each other again.

As she exhaled, the real reason behind her emotional breakdown tumbled out of her mouth. “Drey left me,” she murmured, her voice quivering with shame. He’d asked for an explanation, and she’d granted more than one answer. Alexey hadn’t confided in anyone up until now, not even Sankor. She’d spent her days locked up with a heartbroken puppy. And now, it seemed as though his troubles were being passed on to her. Not only did she have to get her life together, but she also had to mend a child’s broken heart.

[/html]
His mood was horrible but as Lexey slowly began to explain herself he let go of her wrist, a confused expression crossing his face as he asked. "Lysander? Are you sure?" He had no clue what was going on or why Lysander had kept Firefly's children and not informed him but he couldn't help but frown. Wolves from other packs came and went to see their friends or even when they weren't suppose to. Some of the packs didn't care so much about other pack's lands or even boundaries. He shook his head as his brows furrowed.

Once more she was in his face accusing him and DaVinci snarled, threatening. "That's enough Alexey!" he said as his eyes flashed again. "If you must know, I don't keep up with every trick and game my sibling plays.." He turned his eyes away as he admitted. "I don't even know Firefly's sibling at all, their father liked it thatway." He'd never got to know Icarus before he'd died and he knew nothing of Kansas and Ember. His life was a bitter one and he hated the constant reminds of what his mother's last mate had thought of the half blood step child.

When Alexey went on again he sighed and admitted. "Firefly's children would have been welcome here if I had known, I won't deny that... but I didn't know." The words of the girl confused him though, she had to take Firefly's children away.. he couldn't understand why exactly. So Firefly had hid them, it was her right as a parent, perhaps not the smartest but still her right. He raised a brow as he asked. "Why did you take them from her? Everyone know a child belongs with their mother.." And yet his own had not stayed with their mother, instead they had been brought to him to be raised by their father. He shook his head and just sighed again. Why was nothing going his way..

And then out of nowhere it seemed that Alexey had suddenly changed her course and direction. She spoke of someone leaving her and he could only assume that the girl had finally taken a mate. What exactly she thought he could do about it he didn't know. He let his breath out slowly as he said softly. "I'm sorry Lexey.." Yet just moments ago she was ready to rip him a new one.. and he just let it slide. He really wasn't himself anymore.
[html]
300+

Irritation flared up within her as he questioned her affirmation. Yes, of course she was sure. It was him, that filthy dog; he deserved no better than to be kept on a leash. Her upper lip curled into a disgusted grimace as she retracted her wrist, away from his dangerous grip. Nothing else was said pertaining to the husky, how he’d struck her across the face was kept a secret. Whining about it wouldn’t get her anywhere; the silver-hued hybrid already seemed to doubt her credibility. His voice escalated to harsher tones, paired with an ominous snarl that Alexey instinctively countered with a sharp bark, an indirect warning of some sort. She did not deserve to be treated like a child.

“Maybe you should start keeping up with her games, then.” she countered, hoping to make him realize how sneaky the former Dahlian femme really was. The Caregiver didn’t quite understand the second part of his explanation; how could he not have known Firefly’s siblings? She did not question it though, and merely pursed her lips together. It felt as though her blood was boiling in her veins; she’d reached the point where she just had to let off some steam. “Why? Because she’s not fit to be a mother. I found her child on the brink of death in Halifax. Conor almost died in my arms.” she said coldly, pointing out the flaws in his logic. He was right to a certain extent; children should not be separated from their mother but in this case, it had been necessary.

Both of her ears drooped when he finally mentioned how sorry he was about the recent loss of her mate. Although the gesture was appreciated, it felt so impersonal. She should’ve thanked him or at least acknowledged the fact that he was trying to be civil and yet, she couldn’t. The Acer’s voice broke and her eyes welled up with salty tears. “I’m used to it, I guess. He didn’t want me-“ she paused, adverting her eyes away from his gaze as she continued. “Just like you didn’t want me back then.”

[/html]
DaVinci had no real idea why Firefly had done what she had with her children or why Lysander had been the one to assist her in her game but in the end it didn't matter to him. The deed had been done and it seemed Firefly had been punished for her scheming. He had been all for dropping the subject when Alexey tried to get one more remark in. DaVinci had already been unstable as it was and he knew he didn't need her problems laid ontop his own growing issues. Growling softly he snapped. "That wasn't my duty, perhaps Cercelee should have been the one to pay attention." he remarked as he narrowed his eyes in annoyance. Who was she to tell him to make his sister into something she wasn't.

He shook his head in disgust as she continued on. He didn't care what Firefly had done with her children, he honestly didn't believe that she had meant for them to become endangered and though they had there was nothing now that could be done and he didn't know what Alexey had expected him to do. He just sighed and remarked, "Who's to decide who's fit to be a mother, is their father fit to be called by that name?" He knew it was something that he had no control over but he knew for a fact by the way his sibling was that the pack had made a horrible choice in denying the woman her children. He just shook his head and turned away from the conversation.

Why in the world Alexey had decided to bring up her own relations into the discussion he would never know but the moment that she brought himself into the conversation his frame became rigid as he lifted her chin to gaze at him as he spoke. "It's not that I didn't want you but somebody else had already stolen my heart.." And though she still owned it that woman had taken up her clan over the love that might have blossomed.