Oh Captain, My Captain!
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

Svara sat on the cliff over looking the water as it moved back and forth from the shore. The red she wolf took in a deep breath as she sorted through some herbs she had collected. There wasn't anything special in the small pile so she shoved it to the side. Her wounds were healing pretty well, the minor ones were already scabbing and showing signs of scarring. The large ones were closing, the stitches already removed from the ones that she had had to stitch a few days ago.

The constable leaned against the large boulder beside her, the cold seeping through her fur. Having her memories back had seemed to make getting over Haku's attack a little easier. She should have known better then to expect him to do any differnt then what he had. At least now she did really hate him, and would make sure to curse him before he was dead. If he wanted to be a monster, then he should be delt a monsters fate. Shoving a hand into her thickening bangs she scratched her skull and let her mind wonder.

Svara was still confused over Jacques choice in making her his second in command. Hell right now Svara could see Cercelee laughing at the pure joke of it all. Did she find it impossible for herself to be a good leader? The red she wolf pondered on it as she sat there in the cool evening under the red clouds. No, she knew she could lead, she wasn't weak, maybe sometimes she did make bad desicions, mostly where Haku Soul had been, and her mother, but it all seemed to be changing now.

It still left Svara wondering how this was all going to play out. They were a small pack after all, and she wasn't sure how she would handle Dahlia members if they ever came here. Her hands tightened into fists. Even the idea of dealing with them made her want to spit in anger. Taking another deep breath of the salty air she let her body relax. She needed to talk to Jac, tell him she had her memories back, and maybe question him. Thinking about their king made her smile. For some unknown reason the man was starting to grow on her.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:...

Jacquez Trouillefou stepped lazily up the cliff, the claws of his footpaws clicking lightly against the stone. He had been wandering every day, sniffing about the borders, traveling every square inch of the magnificent land that now belonged to himself and his royal court. There was so much more space here, so much more of everything. Except other souls; it was wide open and empty. That was a somewhat pleasant surprise that the collie-mongrel had not expected -- there was room to breathe in this land, room to be by oneself, room for privacy. That was a brand-new luxury. He had been taking advantage of it, being lazy of course, when he caught the scent of his Constable above him. He couldn't help it; his nature was still social, a pack animal at heart. If he saw someone nearby, he would go and talk to them, be they friend, stranger, enemy, former lover, rival, assassin, whatever the case may be.

The cool wind from the ocean fluttered and teased at the dark mane he had drawn back into a small ponytail, tugging at the feathered fur on his folded ears, at the white fringe that ran down his only arm. He loved the sea, its scent, its rhythm, its presence. He could not have settled anywhere other than a beach, really. He liked the water too much. His dark eyes flitted to Svara, who appeared to be deep in thought. Evening shadows had muted their colours; her dark red had become a faded crimson, his russet-and-gold had receded to a dim terracotta. The ocean had the most magnificent sunsets, though. "Constable Svara," he barked suddenly, trying to startle her with his sudden appearance. The mischievous grin curled onto his lean muzzle, lighting up his countenance. "And how are you on this fine evening? Full of pondering and wonderments, I would imagine. I hope they don't relate to jumping off this cliff. It would be a pain to find a replacement so soon."

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

The ocean pulled the water in and then released it to the shore again. The back and forth motion was relaxing and beautiful. A sigh slipped past her lips again, and she was about to get up when a male voice barked out at her. Looking behind her at Jacquez she narrowed her pretty yellow eyes. He really was a jokester. Not that she minded it all that much. Leaning back on her arms she just grinned and shook her head at him, the long red pony tail moving along. She shouldn't like his personality, but for some reason his ways seemed good for their pack. The light heartedness was needed when she had such a mushy mate. Another sigh escaped her, this was almost a growl.

"You won't get rid of me that easy Jac. I'm like a burr in your side, there forever to irritate you." The constable said with what seemed almost like glee. Watching the water she moved aside to give him room to sit if he so choosed. "I have my memories back. I'm guessing you might want to know what happened to me?" She smirked and laied all the way back, putting her hands up her head and looking at the sky. "I have an enemy, me and Firefly both came from Dahlia. We both were kicked out, we didn't leave on good terms. Let's just say my bad term came back and I tempted it into trying to kill me." Svara said.

Looking at Jac she started thinking about the other things she wanted to ask him. "To be truthful your choice didn't make much sense to me. I mean I have my memories back, and it still seems like a weird choice." The red female shrugged her slim shoulders. Her thoughts suddenly went to Leroy and she grimced. Something about going home to him didn't seem very pleasurable. Maybe she was getting tired of his mushy nature towards her, or maybe she just didn't understand him. Either way she wasn't look forwards to it.

[/html]
[html]

The light had returned to her wicked yellow eyes, and when she answered with a spicy retort rather than a vapid stare, he knew that Svara Thames had returned to them. It hadn't taken too long after all, as he'd hoped. After all, it was the angry girl he liked. He dropped to the ground with a thump, crossing his legs alongside her, leaning back on one arm. Red sky at night, sailor's delight. If they had a ship, the headwind would be perfect for sailing come morning. But of course, they didn't; and he had no idea how to build one from scratch. The magnificent wooden ship he had commandeered to this coast had been purloined from a rival pack of mutts, and now it was nothing but driftwood. Such a great pity. Although he was adapting quickly to the easy life here...

"Why would I get rid of you, madame? If anything, I would expect you to try to escape me." He winked roguishly, implying that she could not. Her low voice spoke again, and he fell quiet as she reiterated the story he had already gleaned. As an outsider to all the drama, he had heard many pieces of the puzzle, and they were finally coming together. Firefly told him about her former mate, and Leroy told him about his insecurities about being second-best to the blue-eyed man. Now from Svara's lips, she had gone back to find the man and got burned from playing with fire. The volatile Dahlian leader had surely captured Jacquez's interests, but he doubted the criminal would return any time soon, knowing that there was the strength of a pack in the territory. In any case, he finally understood more of what had happened, more about how his new comrades worked. "Well, he certainly obliged you - you've got more scars than fur now, by my count. And a little stubby rabbit-tail." His lips curled back into a teasing grin, whiskers bristling in the cool air of approaching night. If anyone would put up with his bluntness, it would be his co-leader.

Almost as soon as the thought had crossed his easily-distracted mind, Svara said it aloud, questioning his choice. Jac had always been a good judge of character, and rarely did others doubt his decisions. Did she simply doubt herself? "Not so weird," he said smoothly, dark eyes meeting her light ones without faltering. "It just makes sense. The others know you better, so if they question my orders, they'll listen to yours. You don't take crap, so if we have troubles at the borders or with other packs, I know you won't stand down. And when you make crap, others will think twice about messing with you, since you're a pack leader." He shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly, light accent colouring his serious words. Age and gender meant nothing to him - it was just the most logical choice. Ruri was the one he trusted best, but she didn't have the composition for being in charge. Haven had great potential, but was still inexperienced in the ways of the world. Leroy was strong, but too sensitive to be around Jac's callous nature so often. Firefly was still trying to regain her spark - putting too much pressure on her could snuff it out, rather than bring back the fiery woman he had met so long ago. That was that. He knew Svara could handle it.

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

She smirked as Jac came to lay beside her. The night was falling and Svara couldn't help but feel comfortable next to the man. Listening to him she laughed and turned her head to look at him. Escape from you wouldn't be much fun Jac." Svara said as she winked at the male. Teasing him would but fun, and she planned to enjoy their relationship as leaders. Looking back at the setting sun Svara kept that grin on her maw.

His comment about Haku made her snort as she let her yellow eye went to his missing arm. "Well better a little tail then a missing arm, don't ya think?" The constable teased him as she looked down at her body. A feeling of self consious came over her. Taking one hand she smoothed it down her body where the scars were. Was she so ugly now? An uneasy breath went through her. Would everyone forever think she was hidious?

Trying not to be to bothered in front of Jac she pulled her hand back and put it behind her head. He wouldn't care that she was so scarred to hell so why should she? Maybe as a female it bothered her that she was so rittled with imperfections. His next words got her mind to think about something else, and she was thankful. Rolling over and placing a hand on either side of jac she looked down on him. His words had been truthful, but she still wanted to test their king. "You don't know who I am. Takes a lot to trust me so quickly." Her one pretty yellow eye narrowed. "Good thing your so charming." She gave him a goofy grin.

[/html]
[html]

The two mismatched leaders lounged comfortably as the sky swirled above them, darkening colours painting across the horizon. It was much easier to relax around the sharp-tongued youth now that she had let her guard down, and her mind had returned to her. Both of the stray canines could be abrasive in their own way, but like two volatile chemicals, they canceled each other out. He had now spent some quality time with almost everyone in his new kingdom, and he liked what he saw.

"Non, because I am right-handed. What use have I for my left arm? It merely gets in the way." He laughed softly at his own joke, unperturbed by his lack of symmetry. Some souls he had crossed found his appearance frightening or highly disturbing, so greatly bothered were they by his amputation. He had long been used to it, though. With the convenience of the Optime form, he barely registered that his empty shoulder socket could have a more helpful purpose than gathering stares. "My tail, though, I would surely mourn the loss of such a beautiful adornment." He let his multi-hued tail thump lightly against the stone he reclined on, the tawny fur making a whisper-like sound that was drowned out by the ocean below them. He was oblivious to Svara's growing insecurity regarding her numerous disfigurements. Being male, he thought scars were attractive.

He did not bat an eyelash as his Constable rolled over, planting her hands to either side of his shoulders, her long reddish mane cascading over her neck. "It is because of my charm that I am able to trust so easily," he purred, the vibrant yellow of her gaze reflecting in his own pools of dark brown. "I know that my charisma will bind you to me. You will not betray me." He grinned in return, white fangs bright in the shadows. It was not the sort of thing that was proper to say aloud, but it was the sort of blunt, egotistical observation that he said all the time. And for a mated female, she was awfully playful tonight around the perennial bachelor.

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

A cool wind eased through her fur relieving the heat of day for nights cool grasp. The sun sank into the horizan turning off his eternal light to this side of the earth, only the moon would be left after the firery clouds left the sky. Svara held herself over the male and kept watching him through her sharp yellow eye. He was strong, and strength was always something that attracted. The mention of his tail made her laugh and wag what was left of her own. There was more then a stub of the remaining tail, but it wasn't to much.

His words made her laugh stop in her throat and she watched him with a female knowing. "No, your charm is what makes you chase after the females." Svara stuck her nose closer to his. If she offered herself would he take her knowing she was mated? The question intrigued her, and the answer made her want to know all the more. She wouldn't tease, she would ask him straight forward. "Tell me Jac. Would you court a mated female?" There wsa curiosity in her voice, as she waited for his answer.

[/html]
[html]

The same cool wind sank through his dark-furred mane, eating away at the residual warmth he had held onto from gratuitous sun-bathing. The night put him somewhat out of his element - without the bright light to bask in, he knew his dashing good looks would be wasted, and he had a dislike for being cold. The sunny south had that much going for it - consistent temperate weather, unlike the stormy north. Here he would definitely need to ignite bonfires during the winter months, or... find someone willing to keep his bed warm for him.

"Charm makes them chase after me..." he crooned, whiskers crinkling into a teasing smile. He did not have an "off" switch. He just kept prancing and basking in praise and flirting, letting his attention span flit from amusement to amusement. He did not often leave the present, unless it was to muse about how much better the future would be. And when she leaned forward, her husky voice filled with curiosity (and in his filtered perception, undertones of something more), he could hardly lie. "...It wouldn't be the first time." His calm eyes stared up at her, lips slightly parted as he inhaled the wild aroma that rolled from her dark-red fur, telling of deerskin and spicy herbs and blood. She wasn't anything like his usual conquests, the ones with pretty faces and heavy burdens, looking for a distraction stronger than alcohol. She was actually smart.

In his off-balance mind, there was no need for the formalities of mateship and monogamy. Had he not just explained this to Leroy the other day? Wolves were welcome to play their silly games, but he had never felt a smidgen of guilt for intruding on the sidelines. If a female approached him, soft and curvaceous and willing, he would not ask questions. After all, it was her choice... This was the sort of dilemma that Ruri was expected to chime in with severe disapproval, but it was also a world far beyond her scope of comprehension. She was too innocent to know all the depraved games that Jac had been known to play with those of her gender. Because Leroy was his friend, something told him that it might not be the best idea, even if Svara was for some reason offering herself. But the voice silenced itself quickly, knowing that because she had initiated it, he was not in the wrong, and Leroy would understand as he had with Haku. "Does that answer your question, madame, or are you asking me to tonight?"

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

Leaning over him she knew what he thought. Knew the kind of impresson she was letting him see. After Haku everyone would think she was the thing he had carved into her very back. A whore, and nothing more. With Haku there had been something deeper inside her, needing his acceptance, no one would get it cause no one shared her past. All the men she found attractive were some how like her father; Except for Leroy, and maybe that was why she regreted staying with him. She'd thought if she'd staied with him, she'd forget what it was like to want her father back. He hadn't made her forget, he hadn't been the thing she was looking for.

A rough sigh escaped her as he asnwered her, but added that last question. Was all this for nothing? Was she so dessprate? Closing her eyes she took in a deep breath. "You know I am, and don't act like you aren't judging me for it." Svara ground her teeth together. She shouldn't say everything to Jac, he wouldn't understand in the least. Of course what she was about to say would seem selfish, and horrible, but what could she do? "I don't want to be his mate. He's weak, I can't take it, I love him, but not like that. I was just having fun. Fuck." Svara rolled over and stood pushing a hand into her long red hair.

"Never mind. I shouldn't have told you that. You won't understand." The constable growled as she picked up a rock and threw it at the nearest tree. How could someone feel so stuck? How could they be searching so hard for a dead man in other people?

[/html]
[html]

She gnashed her teeth, mood darkening as he questioned her. He pursed his lips - should he have kept his mouth shut, and let her do as she pleased? She was only using him as a substitute, but he didn't mind being used. He never did. It was easier, really, than when his women actually cared about him. Then he'd have to tell them that he really felt nothing towards them but gratitude for pleasing him, and they'd cry, and it would be a big sloppy mess. "Judging you, madame? I could care less what you choose to do with your life. I'm just curious to know why."

She drew away, upset. Still laying with his back flat against the cooling stone, he let his eyes drift shut, white-furred arm moving to scratch lazily at his chest. "Are you trying to use me to break up with him?" he drawled, raising an eyebrow on his otherwise calm face. That wouldn't be a first, either. He would be blamed by the jealous angry male, rather than the passive-aggressive female that had cheated on him. "He told me he blames himself, for driving you away. But also that women can't be trusted, since their feelings change faster than the weather." Leroy had been honest with his concerns, and Jac had assured him that Svara would come back to him. He was mildly surprised to learn that he had been wrong in his assumptions. Normally he was good at identifying characteristics - but this was something much more complex, of love and issues and shortcomings. Things he had no knowledge of.

"Having fun... that part I can understand. And... I never said I wouldn't give you what you asked for..." He let his deep voice trail off, leaving the choice to her. Always up to her, because if he was blamed for it later, he could simply explain that she had asked for it. She would rather have fun than be tied down to a man that wasn't as strong as she was. A flippant, youthful attitude - but he promised he wouldn't judge...

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

The rock hit the tree with a saticfying thud. It was hard and deep, and she was sure she was the one who deserved a rock thrown at her, not the tree. With her back to Jac she listened to him, and wanted so much to have his companionship. How could she tell Firefly the truth? Firefly was her idol, and telling her about her worst weakness almost seemed like she would be turning in her strength. She didn't want to seem weak in Firefly's eyes. Her yellow orbs went up to the sky as she looked at the full rising moon, one that was as yellow as the eyes looking on it.

Moving back towards Jacquez she sat down besides his laying form, so her back was to the water and her gaze upon his face. "You say your curious and I find I want to tell you. I only want you to not tell the pack, or anyone for that matter." She drew her legs up and rested her head on her knees. "My father..... He and I were really close when he was alive." Svara watched the male as she told him, she wanted to see his reaction, see how he veiwed her after he knew everything. "Closer then most think is natural."

Svara shrugged and continued. "My mother killed him and my brothers. I guess you could say I've been looking for the man that could replace him ever since he died." Svara never let her gaze waver from the kings. "I love leroy, I can't help that. He's always been there when I needed him, but I can't seem to find it in me to accept that it's enough." Svara gave a weak smirk. "It doesn't matter. What man will have me after this? I look like a piece of cut up meat." Finally taking her eyes off him and looking at the moon again she shook her head. "I'm not using you. I like you, and I can't help seeing the things I want in you." Svara went to get up again. It was probably a good time to leave.

[/html]
[html]

She drifted back to his side, her harsh anger softening into a morose introspection. He liked that her mood swings kept up with his; it certainly did make her interesting to be around. He did not regret offering the fierce youth the position of power. She would keep things as unstable as he did. Svara settled her chin atop her knees, yellow hawk's gaze focused on his noble features. The pale moonlight glinted in his dark eyes as he returned the stare, folded ears perked forward to listen attentively.

Jacquez's damaged mind had erased all preconceived notions of parenthood and family bonds - he did not remember anything prior to his adulthood, and unlike most who suffered from memory loss, he did not seek to find his roots. He was without origin, and he liked it that way - he did not have the crippling bonds of blood that everyone else seemed weighed down with. However, when Svara admitted her darkest secrets by the light of the moon, something did click - she had trouble returning his love in the pure way he offered it to her. Leroy had called himself a bad man, a "selfish bastard" to be exact, and yet Svara still saw him as too good for her...?

"I don't tell secrets," he promised neatly, filing the information away in his mind. His memory was full of holes anyway - she didn't have to worry about her story being leaked to the wrong ears. "But... when you say you like me, is it only because I remind you of this father of yours?" He was not perturbed by the tale of incest and murder, as perhaps others would be. He was not "others". Growing up with an unhealthy relationship was what had shaped Svara into what she was. The first thing he latched onto from her confession was that she admitted to having genuine feelings for him... he wasn't sure what to make of that.

He watched her stand up again, and he rolled onto his side, propping his head up with his arm to study her troubled movements. She seemed quite restless, having come to the realization that no one would ever be good enough for her. "I like the scars," he rumbled, a smile tugging at his lips. "You don't look fragile to me. You look like someone who can handle herself." They did make her unique, after all. Jac liked conventional beauty, bright innocent eyes and long slender legs, but he had never come across someone quite like Svara before, and she did pique his interest. "Just... know, that I am incapable of love, mademoiselle..." He reverted to using her "single" status, as she had denounced her mateship before him. The collie-hybrid did not say it in a coy way - he meant it. He had never experienced love, never wanted to have a life partner, and did not like leading on someone who did. Emotions were messy, truly they were.

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

She forced a hand into her long red hair, letting the strands fall down her back. His question kept her thinking, trying to find the answer. Was it that he was like her father that she found herself liking him? Or was it because of his care free nature, his egotistical moments, and even his closeness in personality to her? The constable let a rough sigh pass through her lips as she crossed her arms over her chest, back to the king. "Yes, and no. I noticed you because you were like my father, was even drawn to you because of it." Svara turned around and looked at the man with sharp yellow eyes, even if only one could work it didn't lesson the force of the gaze. "It's your nature that makes me like you. I don't want someone who can love. I want someone who I can come to as anything I need at that moment. No questions."

The constable could only smirk at him when he complimented her scars. Here they stood and he thought her imperfections were sexy? Her hand moved to the word "Whore" carved into her back, she must really be one. Not that Svara carred much. She was done caring about what people deemed her. So what if she was a whore? If she was a good leader, and a strong women, then it didn't matter what man she took to her bed. With that thought in mind she moved back to Jac.

Sitting before him as he lay on his side Svara smirked at him. "I am able to handle myself, but can you handle me is the real question here." The red she wolf leaned herself in closer. "I don't play fair when I think somethings mine." The constable warned her eye raking over his body. If he would give her what she wanted, then how could she refuse? This was where she wanted to be. No questions.

[/html]
[html]

The Constable had to think about it for a moment, sighing and pondering and playing with her hair. Jac let his cream-dipped tail thump against the stone impatiently, wondering what the answer would be. She finally replied, and a slow grin spread across his noble countenance, white teeth glinting in the darkness. "No questions," he repeated, liking the sound of the condition. She did not want a mate. She did not want love, even after having found it so young. She wanted - what was the phrase? - a "booty call".

"I can handle that," he said smoothly, observing as his packmate sat beside him, her gleaming yellow gaze drawing closer to his level. The collie-hybrid pushed himself up from the ground, sitting cross-legged before her. The seaside breezes had turned chill with the coming of the night, making the thin feathery fur of his ruff rise in an attempt to keep his body warm. He had great distaste for the cold, but this seemed more important. "And I have no reason to believe I cannot handle you, Svara Thames. If you are drawn to me as you say you are, how could you possibly play dirty?" She could be flighty, coarse, insensitive - all of the same qualities he saw in himself. He was not put off by any part of her, even the fact that she had only just been promoted and was now throwing herself at him. If his packmates caught wind of the tryst and decided to call 'favoritism', well, they were welcome to sleep with him as well to make things even.

Jac raised an eyebrow at her strong words, pursing his lips into a pout. "Do not be silly... I cannot belong to anyone," he murmured matter-of-factly. He owned everyone around him. They did not own him. What a foolish notion! His whiskers crinkled upwards as he smiled subtly, feeling her intense gaze wash over his hard-muscled form. Was she that attracted to him? All females were, of course, but he usually got them drunk first. For a young girl, Svara was surprisingly promiscuous.

[/html]
[html]

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... ound-1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She watched him with a keen knowing. He didn't like her, not really, he didn't know her well enough yet. Svara liked Jac. It wasn't the sex she wanted as much as the strength he had about him. The red she wolf ran on the strength of others when ever she could. If she didn't have it her own would faulter and fade leaving her a broken and used shell. Had she really wanted sex from Haku either? Or had it been that she thought he needed to have it with her to love her? Like her father had?

So many things were messed up in the she wolfs head and no one had tried to fix it. Maybe in time she would find the answer. Jac's question made her shrug and look away from him. "I'm not saying I would play dirty. It's just that everyone else seemed to think they had to have some control over me." Her yellow eyes redirected themselves to him. "Don't try to control me. I don't like cages. Menatlly or physically." Svara said in her husky voice.

It was his next words that made her nod. "Good cause neither can I." And it was the truth. The thought at being owned, or trapped scarred her, even made her want to growl. Her freedom was all she had that was really hers since she was a pup. "Doesn't mean I won't rip the thoat out of any women who flonts having you in my face. Do you understand Jacquez?" The red constable said it with out any true anger or change in her voice. Only a promise that she didn't share well. Leroy was proof of that. "You don't understand me." Was all she said as she looked away. Cause he didn't it was written all over his face. To him she just wanted sex.

[/html]
[html]

"Who does like cages?" he shrugged. Certainly not him, although no one in his lifetime had ever really tried to control him. He had always been in charge. That was the way things were meant to be. He could see a flicker of the same leading spirit within Svara's battered husk, which was what had sparked the impulse to keep her at his side. She was in charge now, so why worry about how others used to expect things of her?

Jacquez raised an eyebrow at her violent words, vaguely amused by how flatly and emotionlessly she spoke them. "It is not my concern, whether the women who choose to share me wish to share the story," he lilted, lips pursed as he met her vivid lemon stare. It was true, but still, he would be concerned if he learned that Svara had gone on a murdering spree, slaughtering the lovely ladies that offered him their company. He didn't take unwilling participants, only volunteers. If word got out that the militant Constable intended to off anyone who, well, "participated"... "I cannot, however, offer you any kind of stability. You know this. I am not a man looking for a family, for a one true love. I enjoy playing the field. You must not forget that I am not to be controlled."

Truth be told, he was a little perplexed as to what she was looking for. If she did not want a mate, why did it matter who else he spent his time with? Was she jealous enough to succumb to hypocrisy, asking him to remain single just for her? It went against his nature. He liked that Svara was freeform, composed of shifting moods and passions. It had surprised him in the first place to learn that she already had a mate, and then she turned the tables, dumping him days after. He could not tell whether he was to be her next "fling", or if the attraction she felt would tie her to him, stronger than any previous bond.

"You are difficult to understand," the Frenchman replied smoothly, dark eyes watching calmly as she turned away yet again. She was clearly uncomfortable with opening up thus; she had to visibly struggle to keep her guard down, and seemed to want nothing more than to slip away into the darkness. There was tension in her slender shoulders, a stiffness in her seated posture. "Although I appreciate the effort," he added dryly, leaning forward on his one arm to nudge her with his nose. He didn't like how serious the conversation had become, mimicking the night sky draining its colours into inky blackness.

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

She just nodded to all his words. Leaning back she laied down next to him so their fur touched. It was nice to be this close. The stars were bright as she gazed up at the stars. "Can you believe that I'm lonely?" She asked. He said she was hard to understand, and she was giving him the answer. "I'm surrounded by people I love, a place I belong, but I'm lonely." Svara liked when he nudged her. It felt nice to just lay here. With the heat of the king beside her she was a little calmer, her body loosing some of it's tension.

"I'm not chasing after you Jacquez for sex. I want to see if you'll make me not feel lonely." She said lightly closing her yellow eyes. The night was cool as they lay there together. "I'm looking for someone to make me feel not lonely. No matter what their title to me is." Svara turned to him and moved closer to the king. "Don't try to understand me. I don't even Understand me." She said her face lighting up with a girly smile.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Did you want to close this one up? And when next they meet, he gets bitten by a pony? D:

Svara laid down at his side, sharing in each others' warmth. There was an odd juxtaposition between memories - not long ago, Ruri had lain at his side just like this, atop a rock in the rays of the sun. Now they were basking in the glow of the stars, vividly bright as they reflected over the rippling ocean. "Lonely..." he repeated, furrowing his brow in thought. Sometimes he felt lonely, whenever he was without an audience to cheer him on, without a fellow mind to listen to him talk. But he would talk aloud to himself in that case, keeping his own company. It was better than nothing.

"You can talk to me like this, whenever," he offered with a shrug, letting his eyes fall shut drowsily. It wasn't so cold anymore, not with her lean body pressed against his. "I hope it keeps you from feeling lonely. And I am also very good at sex, if you choose that instead," he added shamelessly, crinkling his whiskers into a satisfied grin. Nothing like a good rendez-vous to fill up an otherwise empty night.

He laughed aloud at her admission - that even she did not understand herself. "That is all right, then! If you can't, no one else will. Except perhaps Firefly," he corrected, "because she may not understand herself either. You crazy women and your hormones!" His heavy plumed tail thudded playfully against her sprawled legs, waving a lazy tempo. He liked to tease, because he liked to laugh at his own jokes.

[/html]