fire melts ice, ice [p]uts out fire
Pendzez was walking back to Phoenix Valley from Ethereal Eclipse. He had been over there to look for some old herbs that grow around that area. They were medicinal herbs that helped with disinfection of cuts and wounds and some other herbs that helped heal the wound quicker. The herbs itself cannot use the medicinal nature unless if it was either chewed with normal saliva or soaked with normal water. If there was any poison involved, he also picked some herbal leaves that if chewed on, it would help determine if there was poison in the blood with a bitter taste if the wound was inflicted by a snake bite or a reptile that had poisonous fangs. It was old herbal remedies from the past. Why wouldn't be used again in this day and age?

He wasn't far from Phoenix Valley, stop at the scent that wasn't there before. It was of Dahlia de Mai borderline, but he knew it wasn't there last time. Come to think of it, he heard that Dahlia was extending their borders, so maybe that's why that the area that didn't have the scent before has it now. That was perfectly understandable. He made sure that he didn't enter the pack land as he started to go around the around the border. Even if someone came, he wasn't gonna get into trouble because he was outside the border, not inside.
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Slay was still on the mend, and feeling good enough to go for a walk on all fours. Corvus Vendetta had been careful not to inflict any grievous wounds, choosing instead to slash him to ribbons just so that he would look awful enough to worry his packmates, and lose enough blood to be dizzy and short of breath for weeks. It had been a stinging, humiliating experience, and not one he intended to repeat. Every chance he got to leave the church and try and exercise, he stole it quickly, wholly uncomfortable with the thought of having a family he could not protect.

Today the black-marked arctic wolf padded along the borders, nose to the ground as his tail swayed loosely behind him. The scent trails were all too faint; he could never find Corvus this way, and he still didn't have his full strength to fight even if he did. He was just highly upset with the dangers lurking beyond their borders, especially at the bold crow-wolf who had no respect for pack authority. With his single-minded search, he had tuned out the gentle scents of summer approaching, the blooming flowers that their territory was famous for, and indeed, a trespasser. A flash of white caught his ice-pale eyes, and he immediately snapped his head up, on guard.

The stranger was a white wolf with glinting red eyes, walking carefully on the far side of their scent borders. A Phoenix Valley wolf, then, nothing to worry about, he dismissed as his wet nose defined the aroma. Relaxed, the Lupus padded along the edge of his territory, drawing nearer to the snowy fur that smelt of herbs. "Flay...? Naw, you're a guy, sorry about that. What brings you to our borders, stranger?" His deep voice rumbled pleasantly as he called out.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]
Pendzez was just getting on by, until he heard a voice that was directed at him. He was surprised to hear that someone was talking to him. A Dahlian, obviously. He looked around to find a black and white wolf approaching. the question was directed to him, but he heard the word Flay. Maybe it was because that this wolf saw Pendzez from a distance that he mistaken Pendzez as his sister. They had almost the same color pelt, but the girl had a bit of grey mixed. Not to mention that Flay had blue eyes, not red. "My sis may look like me, but there is a huge difference when up close."

Upon looking at this wolf, he sort of matched the description of a black and white wolf that Flayra spoke of. Pendzez tried to think what the name was, but it slipped. "I was just wondering by, minding my own business. I mean, I wasn't inside the borderline." He just confirmed that because he didn't want to make the same mistake thrice. Twice before, he got chased out. After those, he knew to take extreme precaution this time so the mistakes of the past won't be repeated. "You know, I'm pretty sure that Flay has told me about you and the one you call Cercelee. She says that you were both kind to her. You must be Slayer, am I correct?"
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The lithe Optime turned to greet him without batting an eyelash, and Slay offered him a small smile. This must be the brother that Flayra had been looking for, those moons ago. He was much more chatty than she had been back then. "Cercelee is my mate. That's me, Slay," he confirmed, amused by the longer version of his name. Most wolves simply repeated the brief nickname he gave them, but occasionally they gave the verb a tense, making him sound like some kind of serial killer. Or of course, there were the mispronunciations that the puppies stumbled over: Sly, Sway-Sway, and the aforementioned Slayer. Perhaps it was his fault for choosing such an odd name when he left home... He hadn't expected others to take it so literally, but how could they not, when he never gave them his surname? Even Cer had been suspicious of him when they first met.

"It's good to hear that you two finally met up. When Flayra was my packmate, she was very determined to find you, even though she had no idea where to start looking." The arctic wolf settled onto his haunches, ignoring the protests of his stiff muscles. He had to get used to full mobility again; it had taken him too long to heal up from the battering he had received from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He couldn't resist the yawn that followed, a slow and luxuriant croon that betrayed how tired he was. Being narcoleptic, he was always yawning, struggling to keep his mind afloat before it abruptly fell asleep. That condition was the reason it was taking him so long to heal... he simply could not stay awake.
"I'm not too concerned about the borders, although I should warn you, there are some unpleasant beasties roaming about these days. One of them gave me these-" he gestured towards the semi-healed slashes around his shoulders and face -
"-just because I looked at him the wrong way. Watch your back, mate."

[/html]
Pendzez acknowledged the other males words with a nod. He was right about this male because Flay told Pendzez that Slaying was black and white. This wolf was black and white, so this male had to be Slay. Thinking about it now, saying Slay is better than Slayer. Saying Slayer would make him think that he was some type of serial killer. Pendzez couldn't help but give a little chuckle about that thought. He would have to call people appropriate names, not names that would probably imply or refer to them as something else. "Nice to meet ya. May already know my name, but if not, Pendzez." Pendzez liked to keep introductions a little short.

Pendzez politely listened to Slay as he talked about Flayra. She may not know where to start, but at that time, they just found each other, out of the blue, and was just a coincidence. He was surprised to see her alive, but he knew that she wasn't dead. Her spirit wasn't wondering Souls. This lead him to know that she wasn't dead, that her soul hasn't passed on to the other side. Pendzez had his faith and his spirit set on her, that he'll find her, eventually. "Well, we just found each other. I was glad to see her alive."

Slay then began saying things about beasties and some other wolf that gave him those scars. Phoenix Valley has suffered themselves. Cinder, the refuge pup came for shelter, but died by the hands of a wolf called Brennt. He went beyond the border and killed Cinder. It was hard for the pack, but now they'll make sure that something like this will never happen again. "Hmm. Phoenix Valley got attacked aswell. A young pup came to the pack for protection. She was hurt badly. She escaped a killing by a wolf called Brennt. She just got out with bad wounds. She was fixed up, but not long after, Brennt came and finished off the job and killed her. DaVinci and Miriette did everything they could to stop him, but he was just too quick. We would have been too late if anymore came to assist.
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

Slay yawned again, worn out already by the short distance he had walked. He despised how weak he felt all the time. It was an alien sensation - he was used to being drowsy, sure, but he was also athletic and an exceptional hunter. Now he was drowsy and pathetically out-of-shape. "Pendzez. Pleasure to meet you," he added politely, repeating the name so that he would not forget it. Phoenix Valley was friendly with Dahlia de Mai, last he checked, so it couldn't hurt to have an ally there.

The names were unfamiliar to him - DaVinci, Miriette, foreign-sounding sobriquets. Slay had never been a very political wolf, and thus did not know many of the other souls that inhabited these lands. He only remembered those in his own pack, and even then, he had to meet them first. Lately he had been so wrapped up with his family that he had barely left the church, and only then, to hunt. And of course, when he was injured... "The pup-eater... His name is Brennt? We've heard stories of him as well. He wounded our Warrior in a fight, and frightened one of my little wards terribly. I'm sorry to hear that your pack lost one of their young. It's a terrible thing."

He grimaced at the thought, whiskers bristling as his teeth bared. What kind of sick predator would skulk about the land, seeking to kill children? It affected him particularly because now one of his five adopted pups, Cath, was missing, and after Ava was spooked, too. It was a dangerous time for a little girl to travel alone. "If... you happen to come across a little black pup with odd-eyes of red and gold... Well, make sure she's okay," he said gruffly, concern in his ice-pale gaze. Catharsis had most likely left to seek out her mother. She had the most reasons not to accept her new life here in Dahlia de Mai, but it weighed heavily on the inwardly-sensitive male. She should have told them first, even if they would have tried to stop her.

[/html]
Pendzez knew that Dahlia and Phoenix Valley were allies, so there wouldn't be any problems if any came to the others border. He didn't know how long that there was allegiance between them for, probably for a couple of years. Pendzez liked the idea of having allies because that means that there were others to rely on when help from them is needed. It was true that some of certain allies have differences with each other, they would eventually resolve their conflict. Pendzez was good to know that there was an ally in front and not an enemy.

Pendzez listened politely as the male spoke of other things that were about this Brennt. Apparently, he has been causing trouble here too. It wasn't good to hear that the warrior here was injured and that one of the pups were threatened. Why would nature even nurse such a monster that doesn't even deserve to breath in the air that he relied on so dearly. Creatures like him belong on the darkest part of the Spirit Realm. A part that was forbidden to all spirits, except those that showed evil and murder in their hearts. This Brennt was making his way there, after he dies.

The white male was also asked a favor about a young dark pelt pup, asked if he could make sure she is alright if he sees her. Pendzez nodded in agreement, but he would need to know more about this pup. "Black pelted pup. red and gold eyes. Does she have a name?" Pendzez would have to be certain the pup is the pup that Slay was talking about.
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

Pendzez fell silent, listening politely to the healing Dahlian. Slay realized that the conversation had grown one-sided, and let his voice trail off, smiling ruefully. Was he bored enough that he would talk the ears off of any stranger that got close enough? He did prefer the company of others, at least when they could put up with his frequent yawning and teasing, but... "So, Phoenix Valley, huh? I thought Flayra chose to join Crimson Dreams." Had she changed packs a second time, or were they not living together? Given the way she had sought his presence, Slay would have assumed the siblings would be staying together. If his Aniketos ever showed up at his doorstep, he'd be happy to offer her a place in his home, or at least their packlands... but then again, family was often enigmatic to the runaway wolf...

"Her name is Catharsis," he said gently, pale eyes focused blankly on the horizon as if expecting the clever girl to be wandering home at that very moment. "Catharsis de Sadira. Oh, but - she doesn't speak fluent English, so you'll know her when you see her. If you see her." His frown deepened, concern coiling in his stomach. Would they ever know if she found her mother? Would Anka bring her back again, or had Brennt found her first...? She was getting old enough to take care of herself, but still not old enough to shift. It weighed on his mind. If he had spent more one-on-one time with her, would she have decided to stay instead? Had he failed in that sense, too, and not just that he had been beaten up by the murderer he was trying to defeat? What an unfortunate sequence of events...

[/html]