(Joining) Hope for a Pack
Willow Siam
April 19, 2008
Luperci
Canis lupus ortus
Female
Yahoo! Mail (kyliegirl1994@yahoo.com)

Willow sat outside the Dahlia de Mai territory lines. She had been patient enough not to start howling for attention, but she was starting to debate howling anyways. As she laid in the grass, in her Lupus form, she stared out in front of her, not really paying attention to her enviroment anymore. Soon, she would just have to up and leave, trying a different time. Her lids were slowly drooping, as she fought to stay awake. Finally, Willow stood and started to pace in a large circle, first clockwise, then counter-clockwise. She did this in hopes of staying awake and alert. Her paws made a barely audible swishing sound in the grass. Finally she stopped, and looked out towards the Dahlia de Mai. She stood straight, fully alert, waiting.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hello, welcome to ‘Souls.
300+

The black fae had returned from Halifax yesterday, but without the blood of Brennt to pay for his foolishness. With a soft sigh, the warrior moved through the lands, her woad bound limbs carrying her with that ethereal grace as she departed from her den. There were many things on her mind, and there was much for her to do. But the two males that held priority within the woad warrior’s agenda continued to elude her. She admitted that such a thing was frustrating, but the warrior had the patience of one enlightened. Their time would come—she knew it would, whether it was by her jaws or the jaws of another. It was inevitable. Only time was uncertain, as was her future’s path.

As the woad marked fae neared the boarders, she picked up the scent of a stranger. That scent held no distinguishing mark of a pack, and so the warrior immediately became wary. These were times of conflict—even the newly formed pack Cour de Miracles held high tensions with Dahlia. One could never be certain. The Adonis caught sight of the other—a brown female—as her movements ceased. The woad bound ears pressed forward as if expecting something, but she stopped only when she had reached the boarders. The white eyes of the Adonis met the other’s gaze, her posture comfortably erected as she stood before the loner. Cwmfen nic Graine was not a cruel woman, nor was she arrogant. But she did expect respect. "What do you seek here, loner?" The soft melody inquired, her alto voice dancing lightly on the wind. The vocative she used did not hold a derogative implication, nor was it threatening. Of course, that did not stop the warrior, her tail raising slightly, to be the alert creature that she was.

[/html]
As a female wolf approached her, Willow bowed her head, and tucked her tail between her legs. Though it was slightly unorthodox for Willow to act in such a way, she knew it was merely procedure, and she had to obey if she had any chance of joining the pack.
Though she was nervous, Willow's voice was strong and steady. "I wish to join your pack," she said, keeping things brief and simple. If she said too much, she may say the wrong thing. Willow was dying to get a good look at the wolf, to at least know the creature before her. Her instinct was trying to break her, but Willow's will was just strong enough to keep her gaze on the damp grass. As she stared blankly at the grass, Willow's mind was racing. What if she couldn't trust this woman? What if she wasn't part of the pack? What if Willow was vulnerable? Could she defend herself? No. She couldn't. But there couldn't be anything to worry about. This wolf could be trusted. At least that was what Willow had to tell herself.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

The black fae watched as the red-eyed female displayed her submission. And yet, the female felt an insincerity about the posturing she was given, and insincerity was a dangerous thing, especially for a loner. Of course the warrior would not attack—her duty was not to cause conflict but to resolve it, to keep the peace and fight the battles that needed to be fought. But what she saw now within this female could be a potential danger for the pack, and so, regardless of how insignificant such a thing may have seemed, the she-wolf kept it in mind. Already the pack had faced much conflict from within, and the warrior knew that none of the members needed any more of such a thing. Sabeen, Svara, and Firefly had all been banned from the lands of Dahlia de Mai for their insubordination and their volatile behaviors that effected even the pack members themselves. As Adonis, the woad marked fae was wary of such a thing, and, especially for Cercelee, she took such a thing very seriously.

The subordinate female did not state her name or introduce herself—very little was allowed to escape a warrior’s scrutiny. "Why do you wish to join this pack," the alto melody inquired with that tranquility and composure, her tone continuing to hold that formality. The white-eyed female was first intent upon calculating the mentality of this female who sought to join the Dahlian ranks. And while a creature whose purpose was treacherous would not state their true purpose, there were key words and tones and inflections that would raise the alarm within the mind of the Adonis. And whether the female truly wished to join Dahlia de Mai could be ascertained. The white orbs watched the other. "You may relax—I won’t hurt you." Unless you prove to be a threat, the warrior thought silently, holding that warning openly within those quiet, lunar orbs.

[/html]
Slowly, Willow relaxed and stared at the beautiful wolf. Her white eyes were peircing.
"My name is Willow Siam. I wish to join your pack because I feel the need to fit in somewhere. To be a part of something that can care for me, just as I care for it. I want to fight for a cause. I wish to be part of your pack..." Willow trailed off. Would this end up sounding stupid? It probably did already. What Willow had said gave no real reason she could help the pack. wasn't that what the wolf was looking for? But Willow knew she must answer truthfully, no matter how hard it was to admit.
"I wish to join your pack...so I can be part of a real family. So I can fit in, I guess." Willow straightened out once more, be as proffesional as she possibly could. She was extremely knew to such things. But she wanted this more than ever, and she would do what she could to show this wolf she was not a liar or a trouble-maker. Just a loner looking for a home.
[html]

300+

The red-eyed female rose slowly, relaxing. The Dahlian Warrior waited in the silence, assessing this female quietly, but not in a discourteous manner. The quiet fae was not a disrespecting creature, and if the lone she-wolf displayed to her a respectful atmosphere, then she would return it in like kind.

She introduced herself as Willow Siam, continuing to answer the question that had been prompted by the Adonis. Silently, the woman nodded as if in thought. The words seemed sincere enough, despite their ambiguity, and she sensed no deception within those words. For a moment, the woman wondered whether this female was some sort of warrior—fight for a cause, Siam had said—but there were different kinds of fighting. Perhaps Siam spoke of a non-physical fighting, for, to the warrior, this female did not immediately strike her as a warrior or knight. Of course, the woman did not discard the possibility of such a thing. One could never be too sure. Only creatures like her father thought in absolutes.

"Willow Siam," the soft melody greeted with a slight dip of her maw as if the presence of a name dictated a separate greeting, "I am Cwmfen nic Graine, Adonis and Head Warrior of Dahlia de Mai—I am third in command of this pack." The latter most comment was made as an after thought to clarify the term of ‘Adonis’. With a slight pause allowed to exist, the woad marked fae continued. "I understand your need to join a pack, to feel accepted. Yet many loners desire such a thing." Not all, but many. These things did not make her different from the other wolves out there—she wanted to know a little more. "What would you be able to offer Dahlia, should you be allowed to join our ranks—what skills?" It was a question inquired at every such meeting, but it was one that was very important.

[/html]
Once again, Willow would have to answer honestly. Even though she did not know what skills would be needed, she could only try. And then hope for the best.
Taking a deep breath, she took in everything around her. The wet grass, the wolf in front of her. The scent that signalled the border. Everything. Then began.
"I spend most of my time in a werewolf form. Though this is not natural, I feel most comfortable this way. I happen to be extremely nimble, and can outwit most. Also, I am proficient in the use of a dagger and many other small, man-made weapons. I know not if any of this is of service to you and your pack, but it is all I am certain I can do." Bowing once more, Willow waited silently for a response. This time she was more relaxed, but she still was worried. This time, it was that she would be denied. But Willow had to except that denial was something she could not control, and she would have to accept it.
[html]

300+

Siam took a deep breath before speaking in response. "It is not uncommon," the soft alto assured with a light smile, "nor is it unnatural. There are many here that prefer to use that form; even I find myself applying it more frequently." The Caledonian-Korean was a child of the earth, a follower of the Morrigan and the arts of war. And she had been unaware that she was a luperci until several months after she had arrived within these lands, which was not many months ago. She was quite natural within the lupus form, but it was ideal to become familiar with the optime form as well, especially because the techniques applied were so completely unique, especially with the use of weapons. And, of course, there was that masked vigilante. "I believe that you will fit in well here." Here. Such an ambiguous word could have referred to the pack or the lands in general. There was no promise yet within what was said.

"The use of a dagger will be useful," the warrior commented. "But do not be certain that that is all that you can do," the soft alto continued with an amiable smile. "You are still living now, and I doubt that it was because you could use a dagger." There were many things—hunting, reading, healing. She believed that Dahlia was in need of a healer. They could use more hunters with the presence of so many pups. More scouts could patrol the border. A priestess position had been open since the exile of Firefly. Of course, another Caregiver could be used to aid Alexey. But all of these things could wait—the red-eyed woman would not be able to chose a co-rank until the rank of Circèe. "The members of Dahlia are required to respect and protect all members. You will be required to carry your share of work. And, although it is not required, if you choose you may obtain a co-rank if you achieve the rank of Circèe. If you are prepared to accept such responsibilities, I will be willing to allow you beyond the boarders."

[/html]
Willow smiled to the ground, small enough not to be noticed. Deepening the bow before raising herself and looking at the black wolf. "Thank you. I am willing to do whatever it takes to be a part of this pack. Absolutely anything." Willow sat down, trying to decide what she was to do next. Was this wrong? Would it upset the wolf? Wow, this was complicated. But at least she had a chance now. And she could learn whatever was needed.
[html]

300+

Cwmfen nic Graine nodded silently, as if in approval, as the other female spoke. But the warrior did not forget what those words could mean, what that could imply. And yet, for now, there was no threat, she sensed, and so she allowed a soft, golden smile grace her woad bound maw. "That will be enough for now," the quiet alto sang with that quiet Caledonian lilt. Then, when Willow sat, the woman continued. "Cercelee is the Rosea here—the leader—and Haku is second in command," the woad marked fae informed. She recalled that Haku had failed to tell her who the leader of Dahlia was when he had admitted her beyond the boarders. When she had finally met Cercelee, it had been quite a surprise. But Cercelee was a kind and just leader, and the warrior was loyal to her.

Quietly, the woman moved beyond the newcomer. "Welcome to Dahlia de Mai, Willow Siam," she said quietly as she passed. "I must continue with my own duties, but you may go beyond the boarders and become familiar with your new home." With that the woad bound maw dipped as she continued, her graceful movements carrying her at a swift trot into the unclaimed territories. Brennt and Corvus still required the fae’s attention, and she must continue to give it to them. She did not doubt that Willow would be fine; the Dahlian wolves tended to be amiable creatures, even to new comers. If Willow proved to be as willing to respect the others as she had claimed she would be, everything would be fine. But if she caused trouble, no one would neglect the thing that must be done. And with so many already that had faced such a fate, she was becoming quite adept at such things.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.