do no sinful action
[html]

OOC Name: Sol
Preferred method of contact: PM
Character Name: Romeo
Character Age: 2 years
Character Gender: Male
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
How did you hear about 'Souls?: An ad somewhere.

He walked. Romeo had no particular destination in mind, nor did it phase him that his surroundings had become increasingly less familiar and the scents of other canines had become increasingly more plentiful. A creature of few worries, Romeo continued in the path that his instincts led him down, humming a peaceful tune as he went, his thin, red body accompanied only by an old potato sack he'd found while rummaging through some old human territory, a sack which now contained every art supply or book he had come across during his wanderings, the only things he owned which he considered valuable enough to take with him everywhere he went.

A true drifter in every sense of the word, Romeo had yet to settle down since his birth over two years ago. Both of his parents had been loners and so he knew nothing of what it meant to be in a pack. Unlike his parents, however, Romeo was a naturally more social creature, who became excited at the mere thought of conversation and companionship. He loved encounters with those of equal intelligence level as himself and for this reason had begun to desire permanent companionship in the form of a pack. Though a coyote in a world dominated primarily by wolves, Romeo was unafraid to show his true self and ask for acceptance somewhere. Fear was not an emotion he possessed.

And so, when he found himself staring at a threatening fence, Romeo reacted not with apprehension but with eagerness, and hurried toward it at an increased pace. Potato sack slung over his bony shoulder, Romeo worked his way through the small break in the fence with little difficulty and immediately recognized that he was nearly trespassing on another's lands. Not wanting to start off on the wrong foot, the coyote plopped down upon the earth and waited, still humming and feigning interest in the contents of his bag.

[/html]
[html]

The warrior was doing her job once more, border watching. It was an interesting task for any day; any wolf who she didn't recognize she would stop and question, as was her right. She was a guardian of the pack, a protector of those who lived within the Aniwayan border. She never knew who she might run into, anyway. Last time it had been Apollo, a wolf who she'd met a few times before, and they'd had a nice talk. Maybe today would be a good day like that one.

Ember was atop her horse this time, a tall brown stallion with white splotches along his rump and back legs. He looked ahead of them as they patrolled, stepping daintily over logs or holes that got in their way. The cloaked Luperci whispered a light "whoooahhhh" to him and he came to a stop, the wolf leaning sideways on his back so that she might see around the next bend. There was definitely someone there. Her horse, Bayard, was new to meeting strangers...she didn't want to come up too suddenly and scare either him or the newcomer.

Ember got down from the animal, walking alongside him as she approached the other wolf. "Hello there!" She called, voice light. "Do you need some help?"

[/html]
[html]

A summer breeze warned him of company and Romeo quickly stood in the direction of the smell, peering in anticipation of whoever it might be. To his surprise, he watched a strange animal head his way, dark and powerful in appearance, much larger than he was. And atop this beast was a more familiar creature--a wolf. Immediately the stranger had his respect for taming the unknown beast. Romeo had traveled for most of his life, but he had not come across many civilized places such as this one and would not know what a horse looked like unless he was told.

The wolf who rode the creature hopped off as she grew closer and proceeded in his direction. In awe, Romeo listened as she offered her assistance and analyzed her very briefly, deciding she seemed friendly enough. "No," he answered, taking a step toward her to help her in closing the distance between them. "I just happened upon these lands and found myself pondering thoughts of permanent residence. If I would be welcome, of course. I am Romeo," he said brightly, flashing a genuine smile before his light eyes ran up and down the large creature behind the woman. "But I must ask first, what is this magnificent animal that accompanies you?"

[/html]
[html]

The wind blew her hair back into her emerald eyes for a moment, bringing with it several other scents. He did smell like the surrounding areas, but that smell was faint. He hadn't been in Souls for too long. Beneath that was something strange and different, the smell of the outside world. She'd gotten her taste of that once or twice, but she had always come back home after a couple of days. Even when she had tried to leave for good she hadn't been able to do it.

Now she had a good home in Aniwaya, though, and she was grateful for it. "That's a peculiar name. I've heard that name a few times...it's from a book, I think. But it's one I read a long time ago. I'm Ember Phoenix, a member of the tribe that owns these lands. I'm going to ask you a few questions, but I can't make the decision myself. I'll have to call my leader, Dawali, in to come take a look at ya when I'm done." She explained. Ember had done this a few times, and knew what to ask him. He had a question, though, first, and she grinned as she responded.

"This guy here? He's my horse. I give him good oats and hay and he takes me anywhere I want to go" Romeo hadn't been around horses before? "Lots of the wolves here have 'em. They're really gentle" As she said the last comment Bayard stepped forward, leaning down to try and sniff at the stranger. "He doesn't bite. At least, not any more." She said. "Where did you come from? Somewhere far?"

[/html]
[html]

Her reaction to his name excited him, someone recognized its source! Romeo had not always been Romeo. He was born with a simple name, a plain one he'd not much liked. It had been Tree, for he was born inside a hollowed out tree. Of course, who wants to go around introducing themselves as Tree? Romeo had decided early on that one day he would change his name. And so, after being taught to read by a stranger he'd made camp with for one harsh winter, Romeo had named himself after the first story he'd been told: Romeo and Juliet. "Yes, it is. A very good story, in fact, it is one of my favorites," he smiled softly at this and nodded at what she said next, beginning to understand the process of joining.

When she spoke of her companion , Romeo listened with great interest, his eyes not leaving the great "horse" as she called it, a word he was sure he'd heard before, though would not have been able to match the word with any distinct image until now. "That is very interesting, he is a very handsome animal," he commented, still amazed by its combination of strength and beauty, making it seem almost unreal. "Where do you all get them then?" he asked, hoping she would not be bothered by his questions, for he often let his curiosity get the best of him in conversation.

The horse, Bayard, as he was called, sniffed at Romeo and in turn he extended a hand to the horse's nose, before drawing it back quickly at the touch, surprised by how soft and velvety it's nose felt. At her question, Romeo turned his attention back to her and answered with ease, "I can't really say where I come from. Ever since I can remember I've been on the move, never staying in one place for very long. This is not a place I am familiar with, and if I remember correctly, I was born somewhere southeast from this location, in what used to be the 'States."

[/html]
[html]

He seemed calm, which in turn made Bayard relax. That made Ember feel a little more at ease, that she could take the horse around other wolves without him freaking out. She had only just begun to ride him, so things were fairly new to her too. She didn't know how he would react some days. "I liked it too." She nodded. "And Bayard? There's a herd of wild horses around twenty miles from here. They've moved farther away since I got Bay, but they're still within distance if one wanted to go out and see them. Maybe they'll come back around, too. Who knows"

It was her book on horse training that had saved her on that front, though. She now had three extra horses in the barns, gifts for her friend Tayui's children once they were old enough to ride them. Also, Ember still had to work with each horse before it would be able to be ridden. "I see. I've always lived around here, in these lands...but I've read of those places. Do you have any skills that might be useful to us here in Aniwaya? Reading is already a good skill, in my opinion." She could see how thin the male was...but that was no worry to her. He had been living without a tribe there. Group hunting would help put some meat on his bones.

[/html]
[html]

Romeo listened with interest as she spoke, storing away the information just in case he ever found himself wanting a companion like Bayard. Though he was small and therefore hesitant to try and capture one of these powerful creatures. In response to her information he simply nodded and smiled softly, tracing his fingers up and down his wrist absently, a habit he'd had since he was very young.

When she spoke again he listened with interest and found himself more comfortable being around someone who was so familiar with the area. At Ember's question, Romeo dug through his sack and pulled out a few painting supplies to give example of what he could offer, "I'm not very good with anything that requires brute strength, as you can probably guess. However, I like to think I'm rather creative and a bit of a craftsman. I like to paint and draw and I'd love to learn to construct more complex things, I'm very good with my hands. As well, as you inferred, I am very literate. Aside from that, I suppose I can just offer good company and loyalty," he smiled wholeheartedly, placing his paints back inside the sack gently. Romeo waited patiently for her reaction to his offers.

[/html]
[html]

The things that he offered were good ones. She was almost certain that Dawali would accept him and give him a chance; he had done the same for her when she had been tired and looking for a place to call home. The dark wolf lifted her head letting out a call for her leader. She was a strong warrior...but Dawali would always be above her, even if they someday shared a somewhat equal rank. She respected him. "Painting is interesting--it's something that I might like to learn someday. If I can find any spare time. After Dawali comes, if you're accepted, I can show you around the lands and help you find a den if you'd like"

She ran her hands through Bayard's mane, combing it a little as she waited for the leader to come. Aniwaya was a big place, and who knew. Maybe he wasn't inside of the lands.

[/html]
[html]

Effective! Are you guys power-posting or something? I remember me and Libri did that on msn some days, hehe. And hello Sol, I'm Marit Smile

The well-known voice of Ember reached his ears as he stood there with his hammer, attempting to measure how big a piece of wood he would need to give it a new handle. His ears moved in its direction, automatically, attempting to pick up any details. Unable to distinguish any particular mood from it, he threw the thought away and put the hammer down on the ground before heading in her direction. Luckily his hut in the village was not far from the borders in any direction but south, and it wouldn't take him that long to reach them.

Perhaps a quarter of an hour later he could spot her dark furs through the vegetation - this day seated on a horse! He didn't know she'd gotten herself a horse, and that one was surely a mustang, and not like the ones he had brought with him to the stables longer than a year ago. It made him a little proud to think that she'd tamed it herself, but before he voiced this notion he drew closer and spotted another figure. Ah, so she had brought him another member, had she? Her and Catherine were the ones who most frequently seemed to pick them up. the red wolf male gave her and the stranger both his usual polite greeting, consisting of a prolonged nod and downcast eyes. Once opened again, he studied the male in front of him as he introduced himself.

Dawali Amara - pleased to meet you. How can I help you two? His head moved to each of the two present, including them both in the question. He did assume that the one in front of him was someone who sought a place among their ranks, but it was best to play safe.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

Haha, just good timing I suppose! =D Nice to meet you, Marit :]

Romeo listened eagerly as Ember responded and could not help but smile at her reaction. "Certainly, I'd appreciate that very much! And perhaps if I am given a place here, I could teach you to paint," he offered before gesturing to his bag once more, "I have many more supplies in here, and I'm sure we could find some more around these lands." He had reason to believe that the lands had been heavily inhabited by the humans at one point, and he found that in places like this, there were often many tools to be found.

Romeo waited patiently as she called for her leader, who she had referred to as Dawali. Romeo took a step closer to the horse while they waited, and proceeded to touch it gently, still rather amazed by it. He wasn't kept waiting for long, however, for soon enough a man arrived offering a greeting and confirming Romeo's thoughts that it was in fact Dawali. At his question, Romeo chose to speak up, "Hello, Dawali. I am Romeo and I was hoping to join your tribe," he stated matter-of-factly, looking at Ember for reassurance.

[/html]
[html]
-never introduced himself- ^^ I'm James. and Emberrrrr
-squishes her- Big Grin

She had known that Dawali would come, as he was the only leader here, and he'd arrived quickly to answer her call. He was always on time, as far as she had seen, and that was a very good thing. "You bet" She said to Romeo as the rust-colored male appeared from the surrounding bushes. "I've found the same thing. We have a city, ya know, to the South...it would take some lookin', but I bet we could find some neat stuff there too" She really liked going to the city, taking a trip there at least once a week to look for new books and fabrics.

"He knows painting and other arts, and can read. He's also interested in crafting things, maybe once he gets more situated. We could always use more help around the village, don't you think?" She asked Dawali, still running her fingers through Bayard's dark mane.

[/html]
[html]

Bah, was going to skip you but you're too fast! Tongue I just took the liberty of finishing the whole thing, but you two can post again and such if you want of course Smile

The two confirmed his assumptions and he gave a pleased face upon hearing that the male was interested in carpeting. Dawali was somewhat of a builder himself, but his skills were only as deep as was necessary to repair a house and the like - the building of the town hall came along very slowly with him as the only worker, and an extra pair of keen hands would be appreciated beyond what could be expressed. Nodding at all the words Ember had to say about him, he then stated, immediately after her finishing, that it sounded like a very good deal to him. After all, Ember had deemed a lot of current members worthy of their membership in the tribe, and she had not been wrong yet. In addition it seemed she took the care to scout despite not being a scout, and he trusted her judgement of person. I could certainly need help, especially on the building side of the village. You are gladly welcomed among us, Romeo. I'm certain Ember could show you around if you want to - I'm desperately trying to repair my tools at the moment, and afraid I can't let it wait too long. Oh soon it would be the cold half year again and the town hall had to be standing by then, preferably before the beginning of it. Perhaps now he could actually imagine himself to finish it ever, with the aid of Romeo.

Nodding again in that profound way, now as a good-bye, he shot Ember a small smile before waving his hand and turning around to return where he had come from. Hopefully the stranger would not think him abrupt, but if so he was sure Ember could rectify that impression. She knew the workload that was upon him these days.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.