catch the mist, catch the myth
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... w2copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Okay, just close whenever. You guys can post more if you want to or close now.

Addison hadn't been as precious as Cambria, but it was probably better that way. Jefferson wasn't the sickly-sweet type of character (as if that wasn't obvious enough already), but he had raised Addison to be a good character at heart. She had taken after her guardian -- after a while, the initial cuteness she'd possessed had washed away and she'd matured fast. He'd never babied her, never treated her as anything less than a smaller, less knowledgeable creature; she was his daughter, but there was no reason to have treated her as anything less than a still-growing adult. She was progressing quickly, of course, and he couldn't say that he wasn't proud of what she was becoming.

"It's a date, then," smiled his scars, the brute straightening up and dusting stray sand from his pelt. "You two are welcome to visit Phoenix Valley whenever you see fit. We'll have to give you a tour around while you're at it. For now, though, I should be getting back. I've already been gone too long." How had he let himself sleep a night away from home? For all he knew, Phoenix Valley had gone up in an uproar without him. He rolled his eye at the thought, then took a few steps backward and raised a hand to wave a subtle goodbye. "Stop by whenever, Kansas. I'll be there. It was nice to meet you, Cambria. I'll tell Addison to expect you sometime." With that, he flashed a rare, genuine smile and turned, heading back to where he was always needed.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Fun thread!

Kansas would let Cambria see snow as "magic" for now; it was more fun that way. He thought it was good for some things to be left to his children's imaginations until they truly experienced them. Her final question about snow warranted nothing more than a nod from her father, for she had moved on to quizzically state that Jefferson was nice himself. He was taken aback by how very sweet she sounded, and flashed a lopsided smile to their companion. However intimidating Jefferson seemed on the surface, Kansas saw nothing mean about the man, just a bit of aloofness. To which he was entitled, because it had never gone further than that in the little time the Sadira had spent with him.

Jefferson's straightening and tidying himself up told Kansas that he was planning to leave even before he said so. The boy was curious as to how he could have been gone too long; surely a short trip to the beach wasn't an expansive enough journey to worry Phoenix Valley? Unless he had already been away from the pack for a while beforehand. But it didn't matter to Kansas, as Savina would probably be awake now and worried about where he was and what he'd done with their daughter. "Yeah, I've gotta get this little monster home," he added with a completely straight face. "And thanks, Jefferson. We'll... stop by soon." Kansas waved in return, watching the man move away before looking at his child. "Ready to go?" he laughed, readjusting her so that she might be more comfortable while he moved. He then headed back across the beach to take her home.

[/html]