The Dream of *Joining*
Tanya Starr
August 6th, 2008
Luprici
Canis lupus arctos ortus
Female
Yahoo! Mail (clanceyblume@yahoo.com)

After the fifth time of walking most of the border, Tanya started to wonder if she would ever be in a pack. She kept on remembering all the nightmares she had lately. They all had something to do with her being killed. She started to wonder if that was really her fate. It could always be that she died alone someday, and this was worse than any of the dreams she'd had yet. She never quite knew why she had such dreams. She'd always thought herself to be a likable person.
Shaking the images from her mind, Tanya went back to the border, still waiting for someone to come. As she jogged around the invisible line, it suddenly struck her that she didn't know what to do after someone showed. Does she bow, and ask to join; state her name? Or does she wait, and only speak when spoken to? Such a procedure was much more complex than it sounded. And it sounded pretty difficult in the first place.
Sighing, Tanya quickly circled a select spot in the grass a few times, dropped onto her stomach, and rested her head on her paws. She'd wait patiently right there. Even if it meant all night.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hah, my second joining thread of the day, ^=^ Welcome to ‘Souls. You’ll also want to be filling this part out; just add it to the top of your initial post:

Character Name:
Character Birthdate (including year):
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci:
Species:
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M):

300+

The woad marked female moved from the boarders, past the female who called herself Shell. That female had trespassed upon Dahlian territory, and while the female had claimed that she had known Cercelee and that Cercelee had invited her to come, that had been no excuse for such action. The black fae disliked disrespect above all things, and to trespass over the boarders of claimed lands was to commit a disrespect upon the land and upon the members of the pack. But the warrior did not allow the irritation to linger long within her mind—she was not one to hold grudges. And with a soft sigh, the woad warrior expelled those needless emotions from her being, once more able to exist in that enlightened tranquility. Her paws carried her from the Dahlian boarders. She traveled still in her lupus form, four paws carrying her with that natural, fluid grace that she retained so easily.

Before she was even out of sight of the boarders, however, another unfamiliar scent was caught. The woad marked fae paused, lifting the woad bound maw to the air. This scent, like the scent of Shell and Willow Siam of the day before, held no distinguishing mark of a pack. The warrior began moving again, but she turned her body back to the boarders. The Dahlian Adonis found a prone figure near the lands as she approached from behind. The patience of this female was already wiser than that of the other. "Hello," the soft, alto melody called quietly. She crossed over the boarders before turning to face the female that lay before her. The white orbs watched her, meeting her gaze with that quiet, unblinking intensity that she held so easily. There was a silent warning as she placed herself between the pack and this lone creature. "Are you awaiting something?"

[/html]
As a black female wolf with odd bluish markings approached her, Tanya was somewhat surprised. At this point, Tanya had lost hope in someone coming, and merely resting before her departure. As the wolf grew nearer, Tanya raised herself up and slid gracefully into a bow.
Eyes glued to the ground with as much will as Tanya could muster, she spoke, "My name is Tanya Starr. I am wishing to join your pack."
Tanya's mind was racing. Every possible thing she could say or do was quickly being evaluated, and then tossed aside in failure. No, she wouldn't look at the girl. No, she wouldn't tense her muscles and she would say no more. Any other words that she said may be the wrong ones. The ones that lost her the chance to be in the pack. But after her heart told her not to say another word, her mind screamed at her to speak, reminding her of all the nightmare she'd had before. She didn't want to be alone anymore. After what seemed a long time, her heart finally won the battle. She would stay silent, until the time came.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Awesome, thanks! And sorry about the slight delay, OnO
300+

The female rose up to meet her approach, bowing deeply and retaining a lowered, humble posture. This show of respect was taken well with the Adonis, and the Warrior felt no need to raise hostile behavior as she had with Shell. This girl seemed quite nervous in her presence, and the tranquil personality of the woad marked warrior felt that she could understand. It had not been so long ago when she had joined Dahlia. She remembered that she too had been nervous, though not to the extent of this young one. A light smile graced the woman’s maw, the white orbs lessening in intensity; of course, the fierce gaze of a warrior could not diminish save for in Death, but her gaze was gentler as she watched the female before her, listening as she spoke. Her posture remained raised, that quiet presence commanding respect.

"Tanya Starr," the soft melody greeted, her voice dancing on the air as she dipped her maw briefly. "I am Cwmfen nic Graine, Head Warrior and Adonis of this pack—I am third in command of Dahlia de Mai." As with Willow Siam, the warrior clarified the title of Adonis, as Tanya would be unfamiliar with the terminology. "These boarders are indeed open to newcomers," the soft voice continued; only recently had the boarders begun to accept those who sought to join. The pack had even expanded their territory to accommodate their larger numbers. "Why do you seek to join Dahlia de Mai?" the Adonis inquired. This process of assessing these loners was ever a test of mind and soul. "Why these lands? Why not Phoenix Valley? Why not Cour des Miracles?" It was important for the Dahlian to understand the reason, and it was important more so for Tanya to understand her own.

[/html]
Tanya thought for a long time. It was a difficult question to answer, especially for Tanya. After what felt like a lifetime, Tanya finally answered the graceful wolf.

"I do not know. I guess...I guess I felt a draw to this land. A sense of peace. It seemed like the right place. I'm sorry, I really don't have a definite answer."

Tanya thought to herself. Why would such a question be posed. Was it to keep intruders out, so no harm came to the pack from the inside, or to understand how each wanderer would fit in with the other members? Maybe a sense of humor for a question; just to find out the strange answers that were given. And, on the topic of what kind of questions, what was next? Would it be of her past? Even if any of these questions happened, Tanya would speak from the heart and hope for the best.
[html]

300+

The warrior listened to the uncertain words of Tanya Starr. Uncertainty with the self was not something that the warrior was familiar with. It was something, however, that she knew could be conquered. This female was still young, and there was still much for her to learn. "You must know," the warrior countered quietly. "Only you can know." There was a slight pause before she continued. "Perhaps the allure of the lands will be enough for now. It was one thing that brought me here as well." She required safety as well, and these lands had held that for her. The male that had answered her call had been Haku, the Lilium of the pack, and he had indeed offered her security. And now she provided safety for the pack, fighting battles that others could not fight, warding off dangers and putting her life on the line to keep her pack safe.

"If Dahlia were to accept you," the alto melody said suddenly, lowering her form upon her woad striped haunches, "what could you offer our pack? Each member is required to pull their own weight," she continued, explaining the superficial mechanisms of the pack. "Each member is also required to respect every member, regardless of rank and age, strength and weakness. We do not tolerate trouble—we have seen enough of that." There was a hardness in that golden melody as she turned to that topic. "If you seek to do such a thing, I will not ask what it is or why you do it. I ask only that you leave now before you call Death upon you." Or Exile, but Death was more threatening, and she did mean to hold that threat openly. She was not here to play games—surely she had never played a game in her life.

[/html]
Tanya thought about what skills she had that made her stand out, and made her useful. "I have a strong will, so fear is a distant thing. I also am a fast learner. Anything needed I can learn. I don't know if it can be judged as a skill, but I am very faithful and loyal."

After speaking, Tanya felt less tention betwen the wolf and herself, and dared to sneak a small glance at the wolf in front of her. Keeping her head low, Tanya shifted her eyes up, and looked at the white eyes that glowed even in the darkness. They were hypnotic, but Tanya refused to look long enough to possibly atract the wolf's attention, and earn more questions. She quickly took her gaze off the eyes and back to her little patch of grass, hoping the wolf didn't notice.
[html]

I’m going to go ahead and accept you now; I would encourage you to try and match the length of the posts of those that you are RP’ing with—there a newer request about doing that in the ‘Souls RP Guide. Also, I am one of the Writing Mentors so if you need any help in that respect, feel free to ask me. And you can ask me if you have any other questions as well, ^=^
300+

That soft smile was warm as Tanya spoke of her skills. These skills were not physical, but mental. It was very rare that someone named their attributes in such a way. Often, such a thing could be seen as arrogant, but the woad warrior did not think that that was the purpose of those words. "Do not be afraid to fear—it is a thing common to the living. It is fear that allows us to survive. We simply need to understand how to control that fear so that it does not control us." There was a brief silence after the melody fell into silence, the sharp eyes of the warrior not missing that sneaked glance. "There are many things that you may do once a certain rank is reached; should you aspire to learn something new, I’m sure you will do well." The wolf was still young, and there was still much time until she would reach the rank of Circèe, enough time to learn a new trade should Tanya desire a co-rank. But that decision would come in time.

"You may be at ease," the soft melody said, allowing her to relax her humbled posture. Silently, the Dahlian Warrior nodded to herself. "I will allow you to pass the boarders, Tanya Starr," the alto melody declared with a certain amount of ceremony. "Cercelee is the Rosea here, and Haku is the Lilium—do not forget your respect. And do not forget my warning. This place will be your home so long as you accept it as such." The alto melody fell into silence once more her words being almost militaristic. Where once the woad marked fae had been a timid creature, now she held a commanding air. Her timidity still existed, but her exposure to others within the pack had allowed her personality to grow. There were still social ineptitudes within the warrior, but if she allowed her words to carry weight of the warrior, her tentative nature disappeared. "Welcome to Dahlia de Mai. If you will excuse me, I have my duties beyond the boarders, but you may continue to explore within." And with a courteous nod, the Adonis moved with that fluidity to the unclaimed lands, continuing her search of Brennt and Corvus Vendetta.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.