Burn out Brighter
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Haven.

One moment could pass, and her face was the shine reflection of her inner beauty. She could smile and her heart was as light as a feather. Her chest did not hurt, her arms didn’t even ache. They were ragged and torn but the fur was growing and soon enough the scars would be hidden. In those moments Mati found the heartbeat of the earth beneath her paws, the sun shone down on her back like a reassuring caress of a friend. She could close her eyes and see nothing but light behind her eyelids. Those were the good moments, and they were growing more frequent.

But they would pass, and Mati was left with something very different. The dirt colored wolf felt everything that had been missing, absent. The pain of her chest, the tightness and inability to breathe. Her thoughts would race, and the images behind her eyelids were dark, like endless pools of black that threatened to swallow her whole. She could not touch her arms, the scars like gnarled gashes across each forearm. A drawing of the night they first adorned her body. And they ached and stung. They were not rare, but growing less frequent.

Her legs were crossed, her body seating under a large tree that cast a shadow over her. Face down, absorbed in the only thing that was neutral, neither good nor bad. Her pencil was growing dull, the knife she used to sharpen it missing, Mati rubbed in against the tree’s root in hopes of reveling more lead. She scowled at it, closing the sketchpad and leaning back against the large tree she sat beneath. Closing her eyes, taking the risk of seeing either darkness or light beneath them Mati found relaxation, but not peace.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

The young Knight's training with Drogon had been going well. Or at least he believed it was. The stallion was growing more and more trusting of him by the day and there was no question on who was the dominant one in their relationship anymore. The mustang had come to respect and trust the luperci. The other day they had even gone on a short ride. It had gone better than Haven could have hoped and today he decided to try for a longer one, though one that still wouldn't be too taxing. It had been weeks since he had last gone to his old home and he wanted to go visit. He wanted to make sure that Mati was okay, though he knew she was probably still mad at him. After he fitted the horse with the simple bridal he had found Drogon snorted and shook his head, sensing the canine's hesitance. "I'm fine, just some butterflies is all," he reassured, patting Drogon's neck.

Though the ride did little to make those butterflies go away. As relaxing as it was he couldn't get the image of Mati crying from their last meeting out of his head. He felt so wretched for making her upset. He was her brother he was supposed to be her protector not the one to hurt her. The Aatte male could only hope she would forgive him. He and Drogon had cantered the distance between Cour des Miracles and Crimson Dreams. A quick pace but nothing that would exhaust his equine companion. Haven enjoyed spending time alone with Drogon. While he didn't possess the knowledge of lowspeak, he could still understand the stallion and he liked to think that Drogon could understand him. Their bond grew deeper with each passing day.

They were upon the borders when the exact scent he had been thinking about came to his nose. He was glad that she was home, it was she that he wanted to see the most. The youth reigned Drogon in the direction of his sister's scent, trotting towards her. Soon she came into sight, leaning against a tree. Her eyes were currently closed, though surely they would open once she heard the horse's hooves. Haven dismounted and took hold of the reigns, leading the mustang. The boy swallowed hard, trying to find his voice. "M-Mati...?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
XD.

Did she want to sleep? The question rang in her mind. She was tired, but it was emotional and not physical. Yes, her scars hurt at times but Mati was young and with her youth came vigor and stamina. Her mind did not want to move forward, but her body begged to not waste the light of day. No, sleep would not come. Not here. Of course beyond the fact that she wasn't tired, it wasn’t safe. To irritated with the rattling of nervous, inconstant and insatiable thoughts the girl awoke from her mock nap to end the relaxation that was just as fake.

As she did a voice came to her ears. The deep masculine voice was familiar, yet foreign. Violet eyes looked to the male that stood beyond the shade of her tree. His orange tinted coat gleaming in the light of the sun. A creature stood beside the male, large and kind that her kind refused, or rarely hunted. She took in their scents, and fought the tears that they brought. Focusing on the wolf Mati stood, slowly. Approaching with caution the female towered over the smaller beast, almost half a head. Her round form brought her close, her bare body in front of the clothed hybrid. And then she thought, he looked well.

It was an anger, a happiness, and a jealousy that milled within. She was silent, and found that her happiness won beyond all else. It brought realization, twofold. Her brother was no longer how she had left him. He was no longer the shell that needed to be filled. The second was a personal one. It was comforting to know that darkness had not eaten her heart; she was able to move beyond the anger, and the more powerful jealousy. Mati moved quickly then, a few swift steps until the were only inches apart. Her large paw came up ever more quickly. Hitting him in the arm, and allowing the anger to show in her eyes. It melted into the happiness she felt to see him. Yet her lips pressed firmly together. She had no words for him yet, not until he explained himself.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

haha wonderful!

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

The Aatte boy waited with uncertainty for his sister to see him. He was nervous. Would she still be mad at him? Would she not want to talk with him? Worse, would she tell him to leave? The thought of being so alienated from Mati made his stomach tie itself into knots. He wouldn't be mad at her, even if she did any or all of those things. He doubted he could ever truly be mad at his sibling. He cared for her far too much to ever let such an emotion tear them apart. Now all he could do was wait to see if she felt the same way or not. What he had done, he had done out of necessity not want. But if she still refused to see it that way he couldn't say.

She saw him, and stood up. But her approach was slow and cautious and seeing that almost broke his heart. Bi-colored ears folded back against his head. Haven would accept whatever she gave him, but he hoped that she would not push him away. Mati was taller than him by a good amount. She had inherited their mother's height and stature while he had more of the coyote genes it would appear. Her silence was unbearable, though he did not dare break it. Not yet anyway. Then finally she quickly close the distance between them and gave him a swift punch to the arm. He could see the anger in her eyes and he dipped his head like a cowering pup. Though then he saw some happiness leak into those violet orbs and felt somewhat relieved.

Rubbing his arm he managed an apologetic smile. "I deserved that." He really did, after making her so upset. "Mati, I never meant to hurt you, I hope you know that." He looked up at her, his eyes pleading. "I didn't want to leave here, I didn't want to leave you and the rest of our family. I had to though. Otherwise I might have never gotten better." The excuse sounded weaker out loud than it had in his mind, but it was all he had. "A new pack formed and I'm with them. Cour des Miracles. We settled on the Shattered Coast, it's not far from here. And Mati, our leader, King Jacquez...he knighted me." It was that that had ultimately pulled him from his slump. It had been exactly what he needed.

Done with his explanation and only hoping she would accept it and not hate him his gaze dropped. It was then he noticed the scars on her arms. Any shadow of a smile was wiped from his face as he looked back up at her, eyes wide. "Mati what...what happened?" Haven felt sick to his stomach. What had happened to his sister?

[/html]
[html]
pants on fire!

The last time she had seen him Mati had to try to understand. She had to fight to accept the reality that her brother could no longer call her pack home. Since then she had changed, and she could understand. The attack had left her more then just wounded, but broken beyond her ability to heal instantly. She had once been able to take tragity and move passed it without a second glance. She had been able to ignore the emotional scars and find happiness in anything else. Now she cold not ignore the evidence that lines her forarms. And forgetting while nightly dreams reminded her was impossible. She was beginning to learn to deal, fix what was wrong within and move on completely. It still hurt that Haven found comfort among strangers, but it was fate and it was right. She could not blame Haven for finding his way.

She nodded, yes he did. But smiled as he explained where he was, and that it wasn’t far. The news brought a happiness that she had forgotten existed. Though tears played at her eyes they were not from sadness, but understanding and gratitude. She was so thankful that he was no longer a hurt and tattered soul. He was a knight, finally. He had become exactly who he was meant to be. He was more then just the boy she called brother, but a man that had grown leaps and bounds and realized his purpose in life. He would always be a step ahead, leading the way. It was familiar and Mati felt very comfortable in the knowledge that she would be following soon. She would find her way, just as he had.

Haven. The brown hued wolfess spoke, gently and without the anger that had hit him before. I am so happy for you. it was genuine, and came from her heart. She took a breath, and smiled. I will need to see this new place, to meet you King and the rest of your pack. Mati still wanted to be part of her brothers life, no matter how far he might be from her. And a knight! Wait till our mothers hear that. Eyes looked to the creature beside him, but he did not look with her, and instead his head went down to her arms.

Her heart sank, and she suddenly felt ashamed. It was easy to keep things from any other, but Haven was so different. They never kept secrets, and they were always honest with each other. The only one she had told the entire truth to had been Anu, Naniko didn’t even know that he had tried to rape her. And so she lied Oh. Mati spoke, a laugh hidden in her voice. You know the old apple tree in momma’s garden? Fell right out of it. She spoke, extending her arm to show the Aatte male the scars and then brought her arm to rest against her stomach. She had nothing to hide, only the truth.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

worst. lie. ever.

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

He watched her as he spoke and she remained pointedly silent. Even after he had said all that he needed to say the silenced hung in the air between him and made his stomach tie itself into knots. He hoped that she would understand. Hoped that she would see how much he had needed to do what he had done. The evidence was standing right before her. He wasn't the broken boy who she had seen last, wallowing away in self pity and drowning himself in the bottle. With the help of Jacquez and the rest of the pack he had crawled out of that hole and now felt whole again. Felt he had a place and a purpose again. That he wasn't just some waste of flesh. It may not be Crimson Dreams, but it was beginning to feel like home. And his old home was not far from his new. He had chosen a house specifically with two rooms so that they could come visit him and spend the night if they wanted.

When he saw those bright orbs of her's fill with tears his heart seized, fearing that he had only upset her again. That he had made her cry again. Haven just wanted her to be able to understand. That it was his own problems and inadequacies that he had to deal with and it had had nothing to do with her or anyone else. Finally her voice hit his ears and he looked up with hope in his eyes. He heard no bitterness in her tone, no anger or sadness. She was happy for him. Genuinely happy and he felt a huge, oppressive weight lift from his shoulders. The Aatte male smiled at his sister and spoke softly. "Thank you." He perked even more at the mention of coming to the pack. "Yes! You will have to come! I picked out a small house that has two bedrooms, so you can come and stay whenever you want." She would always be welcome to see him at any time for any reason. Or no reason at all than just to spend time together. He could feel his face flush at the comment about their mothers. "Yeah...I hope they'll be proud." All he had ever wanted was to make them proud.

At the sorry excuse she gave him about her wounds his look changed to one of skepticism. Drogon snorted and shook his head, mane flying about. Even the horse didn't buy the sorry tale she had just attempted to fed them. Haven sighed and dropped the reigns from his hand, allowing the stallion to munch on the grass. He trusted the animal not to run off. Then he looked back to his sister, his gaze hard. "Mati," he said, his voice holding a stern edge. "You know I don't buy that for a minute. What really happened?" He wasn't going to let her brush this aside. It was important.

[/html]
[html]
<3

The young woman really wanted to come and visit him, wanted to know who his packmates were and what his home was like. He had his own house, and a place for her to stay during her visits. It could be like he had never truly left. Though he wasn’t living down the hall, he would still be just down along the coast, Mati knew it wasn’t too far. It helped to mend her heart, knowing that there was an open invitation for her to come and stay. Maybe being away form the manor would help her confidence, as it had Haven. You make us all proud Haven. Mati responded with a smile.

Her frown returned, and her arms became crossed in front of her chest as he called out her lie. She fought the anger and fought the darkness that threatened to swallow her. How foolish, to think that he would believe her story. Even the silent horse had found the lie buried beneath her words. Mati looked away, unable to look her brother in the eye. She needed courage to keep this from him. It was shame that had drove her to lie at first, but now Mati knew that he would be upset at the thought of causing her pain and Mati wanted to help not hurt him. She had been unable to help him in the past, and he had to seek out strangers to make up for what his family lacked. Now she wanted to be honest but also save him any more pain.

She was silent for a long moment, breathing slowly. Clearing her throat Mati gave him a weak smile. Yeah, I should have figured. the girl admitted. She wanted so much to keep it from him, for more then one reason. But in the end she could not. I was attacked. Mati confessed, though she tried to keep her voice strong. In one of the old university buildings. She paused, looking down at the scars her voice became shaken. They are healing though, momma took care of me and a coyote saved me. His name is Onus. She looked back to him, unsure of what else to say.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

<3

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven had been so glad that Cour des Miracles had settled where they had. It was so close to Crimson Dreams that making trips back or for his family to visit him would be quick and easy. Even though he was beginning to truly feel at home where he was now, a little part of him would always belong here. No matter what, this pack would always be some form of home to him. He had been born here, he had grown up here, and if things hadn't unfolded the way that they had he might have never left. There had been times he had dreamed of following in Naniko's pawprints to leadership one day, if he were deemed worthy. But now he had a different destiny and different ambitions. At her words he smiled widely and looked into her eyes, a quiet but sincere thanks in his jade orbs.

As his sister frowned and looked away from him he could see the turmoil within her. His fears and suspicions about whatever had happened being serious were obviously true. Things had always frightened Mati more than they had him, but this was different. Whatever this was it had shaken his sister to her very core, much like the knowledge of their father had shaken him. But thankfully she was here, at home, to deal with these issues unlike he had been. There was no one to blame but himself for the way he had rotted away in the bar. Though he trusted her to not be as foolish as he had. In that way she was stronger than he was.

Even though he had been half expecting it, hearing that she had indeed been attacked made a fire leap up and rage in his chest and it showed in his eyes. The thought of anyone bringing harm upon his family, especially on Mati, made a fury burn in him that was impossible to control. Though at the revelation that it had happened in the city and she had needed to be saved a harsh, cold wind blew that fire to smoldering embers. Had he really come that close to losing her? The thought frightened him as nothing else ever had. Suddenly his mouth felt dry. "It happened that night...didn't it?" his voice was barely a whisper as he looked to the ground. He should have gone after her. He shouldn't have just let her run off by herself. Haven was indirectly responsible for the attack and the state that it had induced in her.

[/html]
[html]

thanks for being my fav...

Since Mati could remember her brother had always been set on a path. His personality, and every trait he owned drove him forward and further down that road. Their mother had known it, seeing it in his imagination. Maybe he was a train, the tracks his only true and right course. News of their father had derailed him, and it was only when he was off that trail that he had seen chaos enter his life. But now he had returned, the caboose intact and back on route. It was a good road, a righteous one and one that made everything fall into place. Mati was not so lucky; her path not defined or mapped out. But it seemed that on whatever road she walked, it was easier for her to loose her balance and stumble away from it. She was hurt, but not broken and had made it back on her unknown and vague way.

His question pushed her gaze further from him. Mati fought to know that to say. The scars were deep, wide across her arms and ugly. They would hardly be covered by her fur, and any beast the dared to touch her would feel the flaw that lay against her skin. Marks of her mistake and her weakness, reminding her forever of the strength she did not own and the caution she needed to practice. She practiced now, her words slow and only after a few moments silence. Eyes drifted to the creature that her brother had brought with him, maybe serving as a distraction.

There was no use in redirection, Yes. Mati spoke flatly. Honesty felt good, but Mati could not allow him to feel any more guilt. Its not your fault. He would have found me, it didn’t matter where I was. She felt the cold surround her, and the truth fill her mind. It hadn’t mattered where it was, the monster would have come for her somehow.

[/html]
[html]

you're my fav too <333

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

He had known it before that one word answer even came out of his sister's mouth. Yes. That word burned him like a hot iron, plunging deep inside of him and marking his soul for his mistake, for his failure. He had let her down before, but never like this. Never before had then been scars upon her arms and her mind so shaken from what had occurred to her. Jaws clenched together silently and his eyes clamped shut. The other words she said filtered into his ears, though they were slow to reach his mind. Those scars were partially his fault. If he had only stopped being such a damn coward for that one second and gone after her instead of slinking back into his little den this wouldn't have happened. The boy's hands formed into fists at his side, pain and anger mixing inside of him like a deadly poison.

With effort, that jade gaze rose to her's again, though they were not the eyes that she was used to looking upon. There was a danger in those eyes and one that could not be easily brooked. For a moment that light flickered and there was only sadness and shame. "Mati I...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have just let you go like that..." Finally those other words she had spoken reached him and sunk into his emotionally turbulent mind. He would have found me, it didn't matter where I was. So this bastard, whoever he was, was after her? But why? There was no reason for anyone to be searching out his sister like that. The dangerous light flared up in his eyes again, this time stronger. "Who is he?" The youth's tone was hard and shook with the rage that boiled his blood. If the creep wanted to hurt his sister and get away with it without a scratch he was sorely mistaken.

[/html]
[html]

Maybe that wasn’t true, maybe there was a place she could have hid from the onyx monster. Maybe if she had been home she would have been safe, but something inside told her that she had deserved what had happened. She needed the little scare, the temptation and the test. Failing and going towards him, allowing their space to dwindle it had all been a test of faith. Mati knew that no matter where she had been, she would have been tested. Her strength would have been ripped from her being, and she would have been scarred, some how. Vendetta did not have her name in his mind, he had not stalked her. But fate would have drawn them together like gravity.

She didn’t want him to apologize. It wasn’t his fault. She fought to find his wavering gaze, “No, I shouldn’t have left you. Not the way you were.” Did he forget that she had gotten up and left, turned her back on him, unable to cope with the fact that he was leaving. She should have been there for him till the end. He was growing angry, Mati could feel the heat that simmered through his veins. His face, his eyes were unlike anything she had ever seen. Mati turned away from it. It was too much, even his drunken state was easier to look at then this. His words made her shake her head instinctively.

“No” The young woman spoke again. Her voice as stern as his had been. Returning violet eyes to the male, she allowed him to see something that he had yet to see in her gaze. “Haven, trust me when I tell you… this is not your fight.” That was what he wanted, and Mati would not let him have it. She looked at him, comparing him to Onus. He was the only one strong enough, experienced enough to face the dark beast.

[/html]
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Perhaps she was right. Perhaps she shouldn't have left him, but how could he possibly blame her for that? He had been such a mess. It had hurt her to even look on him and then he had informed her that he wasn't going to live in their home anymore. On top of all of that she had learned that night about the truth of their father. How could anyone not be upset about all that? How could they not run away from it? After all that's what he had done. He had ran away. Unable to face his problems head on. He had taken the coward's route, and maybe she had too in that moment, but he hadn't paid the price that she had. He hadn't been attacked. She had. She, his sister, had been assaulted on the very night that he had caused her so much pain so that she had felt she had to run from him. For that, he would never forgive himself.

Haven was surprised with the force that she countered him with. The Aatte had always known that there was a deep strength inside of her, but he had never seen it manifested so. But his anger didn't quaver in the face of her's. It only strengthened rising higher. "How is this not my fight!? You're my sister! And you were attacked! How else am I supposed to react? What else could be my fight if this isn't?" His voice was loud, nearly yelling. It wasn't that he was mad at her, he was mad at the situation. At everything that had taken place. Muscled limbs shook with the pent up rage, like a dragon waiting to be unleashed. There was a deep instinct to seek revenge on her behalf and that was what drove him. "What else am I supposed to do to make it right?" All he wanted to do was to make it right. To make sure that whoever this was couldn't ever hurt her again. To make up for his failure to look after her that night.

[/html]
[html]

He didn’t understand, and she didn’t want to make him. If he knew, gods if he only knew what he would be up against. Haven, the brother that she held so dear, was light. He was a blazing light that she had never seen extinguished. Even in his time of weakness, that light had only dwindled, kept alive by his desire to live and become whole again. He was the sun that Corvus fed upon. The male would take him and bring him to his knees in moments. No sword, no knighthood, no stallion would match that wolf’s strength. And Mati would gladly lay her safety on the line to keep him from the monster.

It just isn’t! she yelled back, trying to match his louder, deeper voice. This is more then just me, and there is nothing you can do against him. Maybe is he understood that he would realize that what she felt was reality. Haven was no match for him. Mati looked at the caged beast behind the jade orbs. Matching it with her own hidden darkness. A scared arm reached to hold the male’s wrist. Though he was stronger, trained and a warrior Mati would always be larger. Just accept it. And know, I’m ok. Her words were weaker, and the truth in them nothing but a façade.

[/html]
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

She was right, he didn't understand. Could not even begin to fathom the kind of evil and darkness that she had faced. It had never occurred to him that such an evil would truly walk the earth, and especially not here. Such things belonged in the fairy tales that had been told as children. It wasn't that he didn't believe in evil. He knew it existed far too well, their sire was consumed by it. The potential for that darkness lurked in both of their blood. Yet right now that was the last thing he was thinking about. Right now all he could focus on was finding out who had done this to her and making him pay. No one hurt his sister, not without a fight. Not without him having something to say or do about it.

Mati continued to deny him and it only made him angrier. Why wouldn't she let him do this? Why wouldn't she let him fight this battle for her? Bi-colored ears folded back against his head, his jade eyes smoldering with flame. Once again Haven was about to retort, yelling louder than before, but her grasp upon his wrist stopped him. That fire in his chest receded a bit and that softness leaked back into his gaze. The Knight hadn't mean to yell, it had all just been so much. Could this man, whoever he was, really be that dangerous? That powerful that she wouldn't even risk giving him any information about him? Apparently so. He heaved a frustrated sigh, free hand running through the hair that curtained his face. "But you're not okay, are you?" He could tell she wasn't, she couldn't hide such things from him.

"Mati...I just want to make things better. I messed it all up, I know I did. I never meant to but I did. I only want to make it right again." The thought that that could be out of his reach upset him.

[/html]
[html]

Neither of them would be the same. They had grown up, and he had found his own life. Mati still struggled with her course, but she felt like she was weeding through the mess of life and finding something, or maybe even her own way. In weaker moments she felt like staying home was admitting defeat, or it was taking the easy road. Like she had failed at something Haven had excelled at, and Mati looked at what he had become. In a way he was no longer the brother that kept her safe from the forest’s shadows and their imagined monsters. He was a knight, bound to another kin and sworn to a new land. But, maybe only she would truly know that he was far from the finished product. Maybe only she could see that he wasn’t ready for this fight.

No. The Church girl admitted, knowing that he would see through any lie. Her voice still held some remained spark, though his was much more calm. But, knowing you are safe will allow me to heal. She listened to his words, letting go of his wrist and looking away from his gaze. Its not going to be right, her voice was a heavy weight that hung between them. It was reality, but she still had hope. not if you go and get yourself hurt. Closing her eyes, the words pouring from her He would kill you, Haven. And then where would I be? She looked to him, tears in her eyes. Loosing him all over again would mean her death as well.

[/html]
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven may have sworn oaths to a new land and new people, but that did not mean that he did not feel he still had a duty to his family. Living in a new pack did not mean that he felt any differently for Crimson Dreams or those that resided within its borders. The youth still cared deeply for all of them and he would defend them as readily as he defended anyone in Cour des Miracles. He had vowed to protect the members of his new pack, but he had also vowed to keep his family safe. The latter was an older vow and one that went right to the marrow of his bones. Nothing would ever change that. Nothing ever could.

At her answer he frowned. He had known that would be it. It was clear as day that she wasn't fine. The fact that he felt helpless to do anything to remedy that state was maddening. That was probably one of the reasons his anger had risen so quickly and so hotly. When she said that it wasn't going to be right for a moment Haven thought she meant forever and it felt like a shot through his heart. But then she continued and guilt surged through him. Even now, all she was looking after was his safety. Jade gaze also averted, her words stinging with the truth. He still couldn't imagine this creature being such a threat, but he also knew that Mati wasn't one to exaggerate in such a way. If only he knew that this male was the one thing that made his tutor's heart quake.

He looked back to her, feeling more guilty seeing the tears well up in her eyes. "I'm sorry," he said, reaching out to hold her hand. "I promise, I won't do anything to find this man." If it would give her peace of mind then what else could he do? "I just wanted to make him pay for what he did to you. No one's allowed to hurt you."

[/html]
[html]

should we wrap this up? this could be the last, its up to you... <3!!

Mati had not wanted to make him feel guilty. A trip such as that was not one she had hoped to send him on the next time they met. The girl hadn’t even wanted to tell him at all. She would have rather kept him in the dark, hoping that it would help her forget. But in some way she knew that it wouldn’t help her at all. Keeping it hidden, from some one so close to her, the closest, would only kill she slowly from the inside out. Now that he had promised, Mati relaxed and nodded slightly. The tears did not flood her eyes and spill onto her face. She managed to keep them back.

His hand found hers, and the Church fey held it was a soft pressure. She felt anchored, finally planted on the earth once again with her brother by her side. A small smile crept on her face, understanding and appreciative. I know. and she did, and loved him for it. She was sure that he would always be there for her, no matter where he lived. But she needed to protect him too. His last few words made her smile and squeeze his hand. Violet eyes looked to jade orbs she could recognize, soft and full of the caring that was all too familiar. Not when I have a Knight for a brother. Her voice was normal, and full of the life that it once lacked.

[/html]