Tainted Innocence
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

There you go, one lost and worried blind girl for Haku to find. ^^
Words:426

What could have possibly possessed her to wander so far? The short, delicate border collie could not even begin to guess. Now, she was far outside her area of familiarity, having passed its border several meters ago. Now, she was in unfamiliar territory. The scent of the area told her that she was still within Cour des Miracles, but she had not ever travelled this far from the cabin. Even with her experience in having to memorize the areas around her through her senses of touch, smell and sight, she could only memorize so much in the short period of time that the pack had existed. Even stranger was the fact that she had left the cabin by herself without the company of Jacquez, or any other of her pack mates. The slate and ivory lupus seemed to remember following the sound of a bird's song the likes of which she had never heard before. It had been marvelously melodic, and the vocally inclined female had wished to get closer to the sound to better analyze it with her sensitive ears.

Now, however, she was completely lost, and judging from the strong scent markers nearby, she guessed she was near the border. How inconvenient this was. Ruri had never wandered this far from her home without company, and she had almost wandered completely out of her home territory. That surely would have been a mess for the blind girl. Walking slowly, the fragile collie did an immediate about-face, deciding that if she travelled back the way she had come she would surely arrive in the vicinity of the cabin sooner or later. A quiet sight escaped her vocals as she thought of the concerned scolding she might receive from Jacquez if he arrived at the house before she did. Such a lecture would be a just punishment for her uncharacteristic wandering, but she did not look forward to it regardless. Each step was taken with care, her pupil-less, pale blue eyes wandering aimlessly towards the area in front of her, her half-folded ears perked alertly to listen for any familiar sounds in this unfamiliar part of the Cour des Miracles territory. Again, the female sighed, this time more worriedly than before. Nothing felt familiar under her pads, and she was not sure how far away she was from finding something that did feel familiar. If she didn't find her way soon, she would have to howl for help and that would only expedite the stern lecture she knew was awaiting her. Oh how she despised her curiosity.

[/html]
[html]
Could this be backdated to the 13th? (300)

He moved quickly, executing the distance between Dahlia and the supposed new pack land almost impossibly fast. The secui form was not originally fit well for keeping up a high speed for a high amount of time, but the man had spent almost all his time in this form for so long, so this form served him well in every way that his lupus form would. At least this was his belief. Truth be told, his knuckles did no longer start to crack and move when he focused on going back to his original plain wolf form. He soon found the scent of both Firefly and Svara, and the man’s teeth clenched at the dreadful evidence. He had failed. He had told his co-leaders that she had been alone. It had been truth back then, but things had happened afterwards that could cause very much trouble. Dahlia was too large to be challenged by any existing pack or clan in these lands. It was just very inconvenient. very inconvenient.

He found the borders and hissed under his breath. Suddenly there was a form there, mainly in a mixture of grey and white. She was not far away, so he broke into the land, still able to use the excuse that he was merely on their borders. ”Excuse me, Miss?” the cocoa and milk painted male called out, his voice ringing in only friendly tones, not knowing anything about this pack. He could only gain the information he wanted by playing by the rules. He lowered his form suddenly when he realized how small the female was. She was.. a dog. What the fuck was a dog doing in a pack. He could only stare at her, curiosity vibrating within his being. They did indeed exist, but he had actually never seen a hybrid with so strong doggish features.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Sure, we can backdate it, no problem ^_^

The sudden appearance of another individual nearby had surprised the blind female enough, but when he spoke to her almost immediately upon his arrival, she was completely thrown off guard. "Oh...hello, how can I help you?" she stuttered, turning in the direction of the male's voice and scent, her pale blue gaze turned upwards in an effort to show that she was giving him her full attention. This was the best she could manage with her lack of eyesight, hopefully this male would understand. His presence was overpowering, leading the slate and ivory dog to believe that he was far larger than her, which indeed he was.

She did her best to stiffen her posture in an attempt to force herself to act confident in the presence of this stranger. This was next to impossible, as it was not in her nature to relax around unfamiliar people for fear she might be taken advantage of because of her blindness. Still, she managed to muster up enough courage to force herself to speak once more. "I don't mean to sound rude, but you have ventured into the kingdom of Cour des Miracles. I'm supposed to ask you to state your business within our lands..." she trailed off, smiling in a friendly, but nervous fashion. That was what Jac would have said, wasn't it? Oh, the delicate female hoped so as she stood there on her four, stiffened limbs. Jac hadn't told her what to say if she should happen to meet anyone within the pack lands who was not a member. Perhaps he had thought she would not come into contact with anyone at the cabin. She cursed herself inwardly for having ventured away from the cabin. If she had just remained at home, none of this would be happening.

[/html]
[html]
Cheers Smile (300)

The much smaller female seemed slightly intimidated when he had spoken out. Confused and uncertain, it seemed. The secui instantly stopped in his tracks, as this was not how he wanted to start the dialogue. It was all about playing it out nicely and getting what he wanted. It did not hurt to leave a good impression either, if such a thing was possible. She replied, her voice revealing the fact that she felt slightly out of either place or position here. Instantly he saw her handicap, but the lack of the proper contractions and presence in her pupils. There seemed to be a lighter film over them as well. This was rather interesting. He had never heard or seen of this female, so she had to be fresh from somewhere else, along with at least one other of the individual scents the Dahlian male had managed to pick up. No wonder Svara and Firefly had managed to find a home here, because their canvases would be absolutely fresh and untainted.

He remained silent as she gathered herself, seemingly gaining some confidence in the process. Her next lines seemed more appropriate. A smile was given, and if he had not been so tainted and broken inside, he would have found her rather charming and sweet, despite the dog’s handicap. ”I apologize, miss, I saw you from the borders and decided to cross the borders. It was an unwise move from my side.” the male offered, letting a drop of regret blend in between those apologetic and polite tones. Cour des Miracles, what the heck was that supposed to mean? Something along with the word Circus would have fitted much better. He dipped his muzzle in respect, although aware that she could not see it. It was odd how the remaining senses evolved whenever one was taken away, so he did not take anything for granted.

He went on, hoping he would not be considered as rude for not remaining silent for her to cross-question him. ”I heard a rumour of a newly established pack and came to check it out. I’m a scout from Dahlia de Mai, and it is one of my duties to stay updated on changed in these lands. Would it be alright if I asked you a few questions about your pack, Miss?” The male relaxed, playing it all out with ease, although with solid doses of everything she needed when it came to respect and submissively.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The stranger's polite manner calmed Ruri's nerves slightly, leading the delicate female to relax her posture from its rigid state. When he explained his reason for entering Cour des Miracles' territory, she gave an embarrassed smile. She wasn't supposed to be anywhere near the borders, and the fact that he had crossed over because of her presence there made her upset at herself. However, this male was proving to be rather gentlemanly or so she had gathered from her analysis of his tone of voice and his choice of words. That made her feel a bit better about her disobedience to Jacquez's rules. "You didn't do anything wrong. If it's your job to investigate things, then you were simply performing your duty. We are, indeed, a new pack and I'll do what I can to answer any questions you may have for me. Oh, and if you want, you can call me Ruri, instead of miss. It's up to you, though," she replied, smiling warmly in the direction of the male. To her, it seemed perfectly logical that a scout from a neighboring pack would come to investigate. It didn't even occur to her that the pack he had named as his own was the pack of the male who had brutally attacked Svara. In fact, she knew very little about what had happened to Svara, only that the male was from her former pack and that he was one of the leaders. The rest of the details had likely been discussed when she was not around. The ivory and merle female gently reclined to her haunches, finding that position to be more comfortable for conversation than standing, at least in her lupus form. In her optime form she would have probably just leaned against a nearby tree for support while she carried on the conversation. However, that didn't matter now, as the naive, innocent Duchess of Cour des Miracles sat and waited patiently for the visiting male to ask his questions, blissfully unaware that Svara's attacker was right in front of her.

[/html]
[html]
(300)

The little woman seemed like a lovely little creature. He was always surprised when such small yet odd revelations popped up in his head. Perhaps this meant that not all was lost yet. There was still sense and basic emotion left in him, and not only the cruel kinds. The slightly embarrassed smile that was given to him was very friendly. She was the exact opposite of him on the borders. It would not be a bad move to tone his general hostility down a few levels. He did not produce a smile back, but his eye colour blazed with more warmth than they had in quite a while, which definitely had to mean something. She gave him an excuse for why it should be natural for him to cross the border. It was still wrong though, in some sense, if one was to look at it from a righteous point of view, which he currently had decided to do for once.

Then it came. He had hoped that they somehow could have avoided names, but now when she had revealed hers, it was obvious that he should give his. Of course, an easy solution would be to come up with a false name so that he could question her easily then be on his way back home, but he did not want to play that card. He hesitated a moment before he thought fuck it all. ”Ruri..” the male started, voice dying down, implying that he was conflicted and unsure of exactly what to answer. ”Please do not get upset when you hear this..” The secui could only assume that the doggish female knew everything that had happened to one of her pack members. His plead would probably only upset her prematurely anyway, so he should just get it out.

"My name is Haku Soul.” he said, voice almost fragile and ever so soft in an attempt to soothe whatever emotion that would materialize in her when or if she recognized his name.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

As the stranger responded to her introduction, the ivory and slate femme was confused. His conflicted tone of voice seemed out of place...until he finished introducing himself. Her half-folded ears flattened against her skull as the name rang in her ears. He was Haku Soul, the very man who had brutally attacked Svara? Surely this couldn't be the same person; this had to be a mistake. Why would someone who had attacked someone so viciously be so pleasant and gentlemanly towards her? It didn't make any sense. The blind girl's face revealed what she was thinking, although she had not intended it to be so. Her brow was knit in a puzzled manner the entire time, before she turned her face once again in Haku's general direction.

"Haku...I-I won't pretend to not be upset, but I can't say I'm upset at you. The whole situation just leaves me confused and conflicted. To be perfectly honest I don't know much about what transpired between you and Svara, so I'll attempt to put my apprehensions aside as you've been nothing but polite and friendly towards me. So...ask your questions and then...y-you should probably leave," she stuttered, nervously, although she did try her hardest to keep her melodic soprano voice from trembling too much as she spoke. She was feeling such an odd amalgamation of emotions, that she couldn't help but act upset. She was frightened that Haku had done such horrible things to Svara. What was to say he wouldn't attack her? The blind girl was also worried as to what Jac, Svara, and Firefly would think if they discovered she'd been talking to the man who was listed as Cour des Miracles' number one enemy. Still, she was unable to be impolite to the male. After all, as she had said, he had been nothing but polite and nice to her. She couldn't just deny him what she had promised she would give him. That went against her nature. Silently, she agreed that she would simply do her best to forget this whole ordeal and avoid it if someone discovered what she had done.

[/html]
[html]
(300)

She did not scream. She did not run. She did not attack (which was out of the question anyway, seeing she was blind). These were good signs, but her face faltered. Of course, the Lilium was sure she had imagined him to be a pure bred demon, but this was not the case. This only happened when the sky exploded into flames and started to destroy the earth, where he was the vessel that devoured the living. He needed fuel for this to happen. Never had he destroyed an individual as he had destroyed her, but despite this he did not see himself as the only bad guy. Of course, her pack had made that decision, but they had only seen what had happened, and did not hesitate to wonder why the Dahlian male had done what he had done. People never bothered to do that. If the foolish female had let him walk away in peace, nothing at all would have happened.

She would allow him to question her, but he was not sure if he wanted to keep to the schema he had decided on before he had arrived at the borders. The brown man had probably been lucky, as the female in front of him still treated him with friendliness and politeness despite what he had done. ”In that case...” the secui started off, voice still slightly fragile. ”I appreciate that you do not react with hostility, which I expected.” he said, gratefulness mingling with the delicate tones. The tension was thick enough to suffocate them both. ”I will not hurt you.” he added, wondering if that was the main reason why she was at such unease. She would be anyway, but he did not need to frighten her more than he had to. He wanted the opposite. He wanted to soothe her, yet doubted he could manage to do such a thing.

This was most likely what the doggish female wanted the least, but the man could not help but ask. ”What exactly is your pack’s version of my crime?” he wondered, keeping his voice as soft as he could, trying to somehow shield her from the nature of the question. It was an unpleasant topic, but there was nothing to be do than to get over and done with it.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The male seemed relieved that she had reacted as she had. That was understandable, although she had honestly considered screaming for help. However, that might not have gone well if this male was indeed the vicious attacker that her packmates had told her about. When he told her that she would not be harmed, the delicate collie dog breathed a sigh of relief, releasing one of the pent up fears she had been holding in. However, his next question only served to unnerve her in a new way. She had best choose her words carefully, or risk angering him. "What little I know, is that you almost killed Svara after she sought you out. I'm not well versed in the more precise details," she replied with a sincere tone of voice. She had resumed standing while she believing that her posture might assist in conveying the sincerity of her words. Haku seemed reasonable, so it was likely he would believe her. In truth, she had avoided asking her packmates about Svara's attack and had only gained her small bit of knowledge through listening to conversations of Jacquez and the others. So, with her ears flattened against her head timidly, and her useless eyes focused forwards towards the sound of Haku's voice, Ruri awaited the male's next question, praying that this whole situation would be over soon so that she could go home.

[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(300)

He should probably just let it pass for now. She seemed rather short on the more throughout information he would have wanted. Things like these would always evolve and travel anyway, so the brownish male knew that he would catch up and hear quite a few different versions of what he had done to Svara. That was alright, because Svara would never be able to lay a hand on him, unless she lost it immediately afterwards. Next time she would die for her insolence. Pack or no pack, they could not keep her alive if he wanted her dead strongly enough. ”Alright. “ the man said quietly, obviously thinking about the delicate subject. ”I would appreciate it if your leader would come to his senses and seek me out about this unfortunate event rather than believing that I am a mental psychopath roaming about wildly. Svara and I have a long history together, and she knew what she did when she sought me out and finally turned hostile when I tried to walk away from her. ”

The male knew that he would never be believed. People only saw what they wanted to see, and truth did not always matter too much then. Nevertheless, he would not allow this pack to attempt to punish him for something that in the end was only Svara Thames’ fault. They would all fall bleeding to the ground if they tried. ”I’m not the only monster in these lands.” the male continued slowly, his voice almost sad as it sounded in the quiet air. Actually he did not feel like being here any longer. He knew other members that knew him by sight would jump right at him if they discovered that he was here. He wondered how Svara would react if she found out that one of her pack members had communicated so peacefully with him. If he knew the mental child right, she would become upset and angry. He hoped she would be.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The timid femme swallowed a lump in her throat as Haku responded to her answer. The way he spoke about Jac agitated her. He was a king, and he was busy. Plus, he had no reason to discuss the event with Haku. Whatever had happened between Svara, surely it did not merit almost killing the woman. Ruri knew how snappy, and unpleasant the constable could be, but surely that did not justify what the Dahlian male had done. The petite, border collie did not show any of her agitation, however, only nervousness and timidity. "I-I'll relay the message to him," she replied, her soprano's voice scarcely above a whisper. She knew that in such close proximity the male would be able to hear her voice, and she did not feel like raising it for fear that her voice might betray the emotions she was restraining within her. She had no desire to anger this male. He had been pleasant to her at first, and was still remaining relatively pleasant. However, she did not know how much or how little it would take for him to snap and attack her. "D-do you have anymore questions, Haku?" she inquired, her pale blue eyes dancing around in the direction of the male's presence. The sooner this conversation was finished, the better. Ruri had been comfortable with answering his questions at first, but the longer she stood here the more it felt like a bad idea. Jac had ordered everyone not to associate in any way to this male, and here she was talking with him. She would have to try and hide the situation somehow. However, she immediately knew such an idea was hopeless. There would be know way she could hide what she had done. No doubt Svara would be furious. Jac would be terribly disappointed, if not angry with her. She couldn't even begin to think what the rest of the royal court would think. Every moment she was with this enemy of Cour des Miracles she was disobeying a direct order from her king. However, she was stuck now. She couldn't simply leave. There was no way for her to run away, as she was in unfamiliar territory. That, and the fact that Haku might become angry if she attempted to flee after promising him answers. This really was quite a difficult predicament.

[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(300)

Truth be told, he was growing quite wary and annoyed with the little dog, and extremely quickly it seemed as well. This was the most annoying part by being granted the name as ‘a crazy guy’. It was obvious that she was scared. What, did she truly expect him to turn into a tornado and rip her limbs off? Did she truly believe that he would go for her throat if she talked to him in a more normal manner? The male flattened his ears fully as he watched the small female. They seemed to be a pack full of misfits and mental people. In a way this was actually good news; it would not be hard at all to vanquish such a little pack. Although it would cause additional difficulties if the pack decided to take the Svara incident further, he sort of hoped they would. He wanted the pack to oppose Dahlia and be skinned alive. They had no right to do such a thing though, because Haku knew that Svara had not been a part of any pack when he had done his deed, so despite the other pack’s view of him, he was indestructible. And if any of them attempted to do something foolish (he clearly expected this from Firefly and Svara at least) then Dahlia would swallow the little pack whole.

The woman asked if there were anymore questions. There had been quite a number at first, but he did not feel the need to linger. She made his mood sour. ”I seem to have failed to do what I came here for, so it would serve no purpose.” the male said, clearly disappointed in the little female. She was useless. The man turned around and left the foul smelling lands, wishing he could witness Svara’s rage and disappointment when she realized that he had been inside her pack territory.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

I do believe this one's done

The delicate female listened as the male responded in a negative to her inquiry. He was finished with his questions and now it seemed, he was leaving. Her half-folded ears finally moved from their pinned back position, perking up to listen to Haku's padfalls as he left the lands of Cour des Miracles. Once she was sufficiently sure that he was gone, the fragile, blind, border collie turned and walked as quickly as she could without tripping back in the direction she had come. She knew she would reach familiar ground eventually and then she would pick her pace up to a run. The young Duchess had no desire to venture near the borders ever again after what had occurred today. She could still smell the lingering scent of the enemy male on her own feathery fur. Faint though it was, she knew it was still detectable by even the dullest of canine senses. She would surely be found out. There was no use in trying to hide it, but perhaps if she got home and acted like nothing happened her packmates would dismiss the scent as a mere figment of their imaginations. The slender she-dog knew that that was just wishful thinking and she hoped that whoever came home first would be understanding. If Svara came home first, boy would Ruri get it and she knew it. She felt horrible that she had just spoken to the man who had mauled the constable, but surely Svara would understand that she hadn't meant to cause any trouble or break any rules. It hadn't been her fault that Haku happened to be so close to the packlands when she was out exploring. Surely that was understandable. The girl did her best to calm her nerves as she meandered her way back through the lightly forested region of the pack territory. In a matter of a few short minutes her dainty white paws touched a patch of ground that felt familiar to her senses and she dashed as fast as she could go along her memorized route back to the house. The day was far from over, and she doubted she would like the rest of what it had to throw at her.

[/html]