[N]ever saw it coming
[html]

1. Character Name: Strelein [Streh-lain]

2. Character Birthdate: March 21, 2007

3. Luperci

4. Species: 50% Canis lupus nubilus ortus 25% Canis lupus lupus verto 25% Canis lupus nubilus verto

5. Gender: Male

6. A secondary form of contact: Anubis Requiem [aim], ea-salt-icecream@hotmail.com">sea-salt-icecream@hotmail.com [msn]

7. Initial post:

The male dropped his bag on the ground by a tree, glad that his unceremonious toss would not harm anything in it. He stretched out his limbs, forward and back, before backing up against the tree. His eyes shut, ears pinning back a bit as he concentrated visible. Strelein's shoulder joints shifted, along with his chest and breastbones moving to accommodate a different form. Hips rotated slightly, as well as bones elongated. Within a couple of minutes, Strelein breathed a sigh as he stretched his adjusted body. As soon as everything felt sufficiently well in place, the male shouldered his bag once more.

He had chosen to shift his form for this, knowing fully well he wasn't going to enjoy groveling looking like a canine. He hated groveling to begin with. Might as well do it in a body he was best in, right? There was no reason for him to hide who he was, since he was trying to join a pack that wouldn't dislike him. That really was the point of it all. He left to find acceptance and others like him. Strelein was just trying to fit in. Of course, then he'd be the loud person everyone would know. He pulled a cocky grin onto his face, wondering what kind of place he had stumbled upon.

Then, all of a sudden, he stopped. The bag was dropped against the ground once more, and the male dropped himself down. He had no idea what he was supposed to do to get the attention of someone. Was he supposed to just wait and hope they would find him before he had to go looking for food? Come on! Maybe he should howl? Yes that sounded right. Before Strelein could open his mouth wide enough to let out a call, he closed it. What was he thinking? Honestly? He scolded himself. It was like he was trying to give everyone the wrong impression. Besides, who know who else a howl would attract!

Strelein growled at himself. Well this is great. Now what? he mused without a word. One will bore me to death, and the other could get me in trouble. Gah, why don't parents teach joining a pack 101?! He laid his ears flat against his head and almost whined. What a depressing sight.

"No! That won't work! I am Strelein von Rosnete! And I am not going to whine like a puppy!" With that he rose and kicked the tree he sat near fiercely. Sure he got a throbbing paw, but he was determined not to appear weak. Pulling the long, red strands of hair out of his eyes, the male muttered, "Watch out, here comes Strelein!"

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Hey there, welcome to 'Souls! Love your intro! Big Grin

Jacquez was once again wandering the perimeter of his new land, letting his sensitive nostrils seek out the faint trails of those who had come sniffing at his borders. There were several recent trails, some from neighboring packs, some from the homeless vagabonds that drifted all along the coast. Still, he was surprised that after organizing his first few members, no newcomers had come forth at all. Were the wolves here so set in their ways that they would not follow him, despite being miserable with the parasitic structures of their society? Pah.

The lean Optime strode fluidly along the border, coming to the copse of forest that marked the edge of his kingdom. They did not have a lot of trees in their territory, but there was enough of the woods to warrant prey, squirrels and deer and such. As the King, he did not often hunt, but desperate times called for desperate measures. The muscular collie-dog let his dark eyes sweep the trees, his one arm tucked neatly behind his back. Folded ears twitched at the sound of a growl, a whine, a shout - some noisy canine was playing in the forest, and he did not recognize the voice. There were only two males beside himself in this newly formed royal court, and the stranger was not as gruff as Leroy, nor as youthful as Haven.

Fearlessly, the one-armed canine strode towards the source of the vocalizations, his noble muzzle arched high to look down upon his newest subject. A spy, an attacker, they would not be so loud and careless so as to stub their toes against a tree's trunk. It had to be a visitor, or even better, a prospective joiner. A wicked smile lit up his fiery russet-furred muzzle as he saw the newcomer, a shorter male with a beet-red mane and violet eyes. A rebel, perhaps, to colour his hair such? Just his kind of guy.

"Bonjour, monsieur," he crooned, light accent colouring his foreign words. He was not a fluent Frenchman, but it was still his habit to greet others in the more suave tongue he had picked up from his homeland in the South. The taller dog-hybrid let his dark gaze wander, greedy eyes lingering on the colourful bangle adorning the man's slim wrist. He liked colours, and he liked shinies even more. "Welcome to my kingdom, the Cour des Miracles, where the beggars and cripples find their true freedom in companionship. That is a lovely toy you have, on your arm..." His short attention span darted back from his grand entrance through the trees to the multicoloured band. It was hard to believe that he was the leader of this ragtag pack...

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"
She had been in a bad mood ever since meeting Cwmfen. Her and that Damn sable women would never be on good terms, and that pissed her off more then anything. At this very moment she wanted Haku souls head on a pike so she could parade that trophy around. It would be her patience that kept her going. Pushing a hand through her red bangs she sighed as she started to pick more herbs from the ground. The sky was beautiful today and she felt in her bones that something good was about to happen. Jumping to her feet the she wolf stretched.

The wind shifted bringing scents and sounds. Her eats lifted and moved on her head, the golden loop following with the actions. The one scent was Jacquez, the other was someone she didn't know. The constable narrowed her yellow eyes as she moved in the direction of the scents. With each step her tall gracful body took the scars moved with her. The word "whore" was still visible on her back, kurtsy of Haku soul yet again. Svara's red hair was tied up into a high pony tail like it usually was, unless she was bathing or having sex. Only her thick bangs hung loose, so she could push through then when she was irritated or trying to think.

Manuving through the trees she made sure to make use of her long legs until her good yellow eye caught site of the one armed king. As the constable trekked closer she saw the other one with the king. Her good eye shifted to the bag, then over the strangers form. Coming to stand beside the king her strong yellow eyes were watchful and fierce. "What do we have here?" The she wolf asked in her husky voice. This was his test, Svara always tested people, looked for their weaknesses, and tried to see how hard they crumbled under her behavior. Some didn't, others pretended she wasn't the way she was, but some fell like bricks. One of her grins settled over her maw. "Not a waste of time hopfully." The she wolf said.

[/html]
[html]

By whatever lucky force, the wait wasn't long nor was it strenuous. In fact, it was far faster than Strelein ever even predicted. He had heard noises behind him, and when he turned, he saw an Optime with a missing limb. That would have alarmed him far more if the newcomer hadn't held himself in a higher form. Clearly someone of rank and of power. Not to mention he didn't seem at all bothered by Strelein being where he was. The hair on the nape of his neck that had risen relaxed, and a few fingers smoothed down the rust-red bangs that threatened to fall over his face.

How to react? Should he bow or was that too formal? Strelein cocked his head a little bit to the side and noted that this one armed canine didn't hold himself like his last leader did. Maybe he wasn't as important? Or maybe this was exactly where Strelein needed to be. Somewhere different. Of course all doubt was stricken from the younger male's mind when the other introduced himself as the leader of his kingdom. King, eh? He almost smirked openly but managed to hold it back. He wasn't in yet. Sounds interesting.

"Lovely...toy?" he repeated, glancing down at his arm. At first he didn't understand what King had meant. He gave a quick grin of realization as he saw his bangle. "Oh it's just what helped me hate my pack." Lowering his hand, Strelein suddenly noticed another join them. A female. He almost cringed at her too; she seemed strong enough to smack him against a tree.

Her words stung a bit and Strelein could feel his temper begin to bubble slightly. His ears flattened and he gave her a cocky grin. "You ask me like my opinion matters." He knew that he would have to be careful, but it was hard when he just wasn't the careful type. No fun in it, really.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: this is a little short, sorry! Just trying to keep things moving. Smile

The impatient werewolf seemed to appraise him with those thistle-purple eyes, taking in the king's curious appearance. Sure, he did not fit conventional standards of royalty, but that did not mean he was an impostor. Soon enough he would glitter with gold bangles, and then he would look the part of the sun king he was. It was simply proving harder to find treasure than he had planned. He need not be jealous of this newcomer's pretty wrist band... he would find his own, better, adornment.

Jacquez barely blinked as his second-in-command materialized at his shoulder. He knew she could not resist meeting new faces, and threatening them, as was her habit. Once one saw past the frightening scars that marred her lanky frame, and ignored the rain of insults her coarse mouth spilled, she was a spunky and loyal companion. Not everyone could handle her sailor's vocabulary, but it was easy to tune out the frequent curse words with time. And Jac was unflappable as always, knowing that not everyone could handle his blunt inquiries and abrupt mood swings. They all had their quirks.

"Did your pack kick you out?" he asked of the stranger, ears perked forward with interest. That was the common ground that most of them had to stand on - they were all outcasts, unwanted by former friends and family for whatever made them unsuitable. "Don't mind her, she's sore because she's an outcast too." Jac crinkled his muzzle, sticking out his tongue in a childish gesture towards his Constable. Clearly, they did not require the same level of respect as other alphas demanded at their borders. It was part of their charm...? "What is your name, monsieur? I am His Royal Highness, Jacquez Trouillefou! You may call me 'your majesty' for short." He turned back to the red-maned loner, flourishing a one-armed bow.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"
It wasn't to long before Jaquez spoke up. His words and action made the constable roll her yellow eyes. He was such a charmer, and at times it irritated her, but others it just amused her. Jac was so likeable for her she could over look anything she didn't like. That grin spread even wider on her face as she responded to the king. "I'm no outcast, here I stand with a pack and a title." Her husky voice stated with certianty. She was ruler of her own little world, and it gave her joy and something to think about.

One yellow eye watched as the strangers ears flattened on his skull and a beautiful cocky grin lifted his features. Already she was liking what she saw. His retort was exactly what she was looking for. Anyone who didn't back down had passion and followed what they thought was right. Walking closer the red she wolf put her hands on her hips and leaned her face in closer to the stranger. "Testy aren't we?" The constable said with that same husky voice and fierce yellow eyes.

Leaning back so she wasn't in his space so much Svara let one hand drop from her hip as she looked back to Jac and winked before turning her attention back on the new comer. "I'm Svara. He has a point what is your name? Cause if you don't give me one soon I'll give you one." Her white teeth showed with her toothy smile. She loved to tease and pick at people when ever she could. Of course the king had to gow to such great lengths as to bow, which made Svara snort and ignore the pointless gesture.

[/html]
[html]

Needless to say, it was good news that these people didn't seem to care much for formality. He really did suck at it something fierce. It was beginning to feel like this was just the right place to be. The leadership was informal and clearly joking around wasn't a crime here. Sure it hadn't been a bad thing back home, but it was diffucult to get to the leader's good side there. It was harder still for Strelein being who he was. He always wanted to pick up some wet mud and chuck it hard at the leader's head. But that would've gotten him maimed in the very least. Avoiding pain is a top priority!

"Oh no, I just couldn't stand their stupidity," he answered, shaking his head as reinforcement. They wished they could have kicked them out. He wouldn't have gone anyway!

It was so utterly tempting to stick out a tongue at Svara. She was already getting on his nerves, but he was certainly more entertained by her than irked. She seemed like someone that was good for a laugh or sixteen. Maybe he should try to pass these tests first, huh? It was clear to him, dense as he is, that these were tests on the leadership's part. They obviously had a type of pack they were going for. Jacquez and Svara were joking around like they didn't have a loner there!

Honestly, it was getting hard to hide his excitement.

"I'll take any name as long as it's Strelein von Rosnete. I'll take Strel, Lee, Ian, Von, Vinny, Ross, and any other variation," he listed off, raising digits as he counted. He lowered his hand, bangle slipping down his arm. Strelein wondered if he should add a bit more to his response, since it had seemed all too average to him. Average was boring. He wasn't trying for boring. "Though I'm so very curious what you're gonna call me, mademoiselle Svara." The male quickly dipped down in a deep bow for both Jacquez and Svara, rising with a chuckle. "Sooooo how'd I doooo?" he added in a sing-song tone, batting his eyelashes. Hopefully they wouldn't smack him for that.

[/html]
[html]

Svara rolled her eyes at him, returning the immature gesture. She was not always so playful - the partially-blinded youth must be in a particularly good mood today, mirroring his own. They both liked what they saw. Finally, someone with spirit to match their own! "You're the testy one, Constable, he's just trying to defend himself from your vicious tongue. My friend-" he continued, whirling to face Strel in a flurry of tawny fur -"you will learn to ignore her hormonal ways, the longer you stay here."

They had danced around it, but the question had not openly been asked. Without mincing his words, Jac tilted his head, voicing his curiosity. "And you've come to join us, then, Monsieur von Rosnete?" Normally a leader would follow that inquiry with an interrogation, wanting to know what skills they could offer, wanting a why to follow the when. But this was something Jacquez could not care less about. Their band was not about usefulness, but cohesiveness. The only skill he looked for was loyalty, and it was something his keen eyes were good at spotting. This clever Strelein fellow had disliked his previous pack and left; quite simply, so long as he liked this one, he would stay. Good enough. How could anyone not like it here? They owned a long sunny stretch of the beach, there were a few scattered dwellings that no one had claimed, there were dark caves to explore and wide open spaces, it was idyllic! And the company could not be bested, to be sure.

His lips drew back into a whiskery grin, flashing his white fangs in the light that filtered through the arboreal canopy as he began to laugh. His bow was returned! Somebody knew how to play along! "Mon ami, you have done excellently in my eyes. Should you swear your fealty to our royal court, I would be happy to have you at my side." He meant it, too, glancing excitedly to Svara. His word was final, but he was still willing to listen to any objections she might voice. Not that she appeared to dislike the handsome fellow...

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"
Arms crossed over her chest she had this urge to find a large stick and beat the crap out of Jacquez with it. Maybe tear the other arm off while she was at it. The constable narrowed her yellow eyes scars pulling as she did so. Already she could see that the two of them were going to be pals, and probably have fun being a pain in the ass. Sometimes Svara wondered if she should like women. It would be easier then men, but how could she like girls they were so icky, and she just detested their company.

"I'm not testy I'm just making sure he isn't a weak little sissy boy." Svara responded with a sharp grin and eyes directed at the new comer, and new member accroding to Jac. The kings comments on her hormons made the she wolf burst out laughing. "Of course I'm so hormonal because someone isn't doing a good job." She said arrogantly and with a sly grin to the king. She knew punching a hole in his ego would get him off her back. Looking back at Strel she pursed her lips as his batting eyelashes before snorting. "Well if you insist Sissy boy." She added his nickname. "He's good enough to me." The constable waves them both off. "Welcome to the pack." She said.

[/html]
[html]

A slight laugh escaped the male's lips as they turned more sharply up. The question had amused him, for certain. "If I'm not, then I make a pretty bad assassin," Strelein retorted, nails clicking against the bangle out of habit. He'd always clacked his digits against the metallic accessory ever since he got it. Sometimes lectures and pack meetings got to be such a bore. It took a quick poke or a very direct throat clearing to help him realize what he was doing. His fingers were just a bit too free-willed to sit still. No wonder instruments were such a draw for him.

However the name calling would have to be dealt with eventually. If he got called 'sissy boy' or anything else he'd have to find ways to not smack Svara. It wasn't because hitting girls wasn't allowed, but it was because that female seemed like she could tear him apart, limb from limb. He subconsciously rubbed at his shoulder at the quick thought of dismemberment. Not a pleasant thought in the least.

Despite the name calling and what seemed to be a superiority complex, Svara didn't seem so bad. She just needed to ease up a little bit, in his honest opinion. Well he didn't know her well enough to judge. Yet. So far, all he saw was attitude and a kind of macho demeanor. Sure, compared to her, Strelein was definitely a sissy boy. The whole musician thing would not help the situation either. Oh great. There was more ammunition for jokes at his expense. A grin formed on his face once more at the thought of what he could get up to here.

"Well I don't really feel like searching elsewhere, so I guess you might just be stuck with me," he said as he pulled a toothy smile. Since it was absolutely possative that he was in, now that the King and his Guard Dog - ...Constable - had accepted him, Strelein pulled up his bag and looped his arm through a strap. The instrument inside made an audible clank as it collided lightly against his back. How that thing had survived the journey with only a single broken string, he'd never know. "Do I get a tour or do I have to actually earn that?"

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.