a little unbroken
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... able1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:429px; border:1px #FF0C00 solid; font-size: 10px;">
ooc -
1. Ares "Buttface" Chance
2. born September 3, 2008
3. Luperci
4. Canis lupus orctus, maybe? I don't know >>;
5. Male
6. aim = "irrelevant xx"
7. I also play Tokyo Chance. Big GrinDD

(rawr, sorry if this sort of sucks, i wrote a really long post and lost half of it in the weirdest way ever ><)

ic -
How could he have been such an idiot? Yeah, he had read all the stories. Of righteous vengeance. Of battle, of the weak overthrowing their oppressors. Of duels over honor, over love, over things that seemed trivial, at least to Ares, when compared to the destruction of a childhood. Hell, he had named himself after the god-damned god of war. But it wasn't enough. He was out of his mind to have actually thought that it would be.

For all the fire surging through his veins, for all his fierce desire to hurt her to hurt her to make her pay.. He was fine tracing her scent at first, but every step closer towards what was obviously her packlands was harder. His legs had slowly turned to jelly, and eventually he had just stood there, quavering, like a baby. His mother's scent had been overwhelming. He couldn't take it. He wasn't Ares, a god of war. He was simply, overwhelmingly Buttface. An unwanted, unloved child. Completely alone. Even Princess' scent hadn't been enough to hold him; in the end, she had chosen Tokyo over him. She had been there all along, anyway, it wasn't like her presence would have stopped.. anything. It didn't matter that the mottled boy was twice, three times the size he had been when he ran off.. Tokyo was still a giant in his mind, a looming figure that doled out punishment indiscriminately, no matter what he did. She was more of a God than he'd ever be.

So Ares had ran, following his mother's scent habitually southeast through a thick forest. It was safe; the trail was old, and he knew she was back in those lands he hadn't dared to enter. It was also comforting. This was something that he could do right. When the scent dropped off, he could track her by pawprints and marks upon the land. Inevitably, he came back to the trail. It was immensely, immediately satisfying.

Finally, though, it dwindled off at a point where Ares wasn't sure he should cross. In front of him lay an invisible forcefield: the edge of a pack territory. His mother may have gone further in, but he didn't think he would. The adolescent turned around, unsure of where to go but innately uncomfortable around pack territory. But wait? Why should he be afraid? The idea of joining a pack struck him, thrilling and spontaneous. He hadn't ever really considered it - he had been a child, then had Princess, then Star, then his vengeful dreams to keep him satisfied or at least moving. The former two had left him, but the third.. He didn't really have to abandon it. If he joined a pack nearby he'd be able to.. to train! To learn how to fight, to grow bigger, to eat well without having to fear the dangers that plagued most of his solitary existence.

Ares turned back around, eying the border. Was it better to wait on this safe side, or on their land? The latter showed more intent, but the former seemed more respectful. He compromised by deciding to sit as close to exactly on top of the border as he could.

[/html]
[html]

is all good Big Grin 300+

don't let me be carried away

Long, lithe legs carried the Italian femme easily across her lands. She carried herself with poise and grace, head, ears, and tail all held high. It had taken the woman a while to feel at ease in her role as a leader, but now it was deeply ingrained in her. It wasn't some role she was trying to adequately fill anymore, it was just part of who she was. This didn't mean she was arrogant or thought herself better than others. Not at all. She just had a deep pride in her pack and her family and carried her position with the respect and care that it demanded. All she did, she did for the continued security and well being of Crimson Dreams. Though she was beginning to wonder if Naniko was too lenient a Commander at times. She would never say such things out loud or to anyone, she loved the pale woman like a sister. Still, the way that Leroy had been handled had left a bad taste in her mouth.

Doing her usual border patrol she was coming up on the place that that woman had abused her daughter. A soft, almost inaudible growl rumbled in her chest at the memory. She held every confidence that the bitch was being dealt with however. Cwmfen had been sincere in her disgust of the matter and she knew that Cercelee wouldn't take such things lightly. Tokyo Chance was forbidden to come here now and if she decided to breach that then she would pay. She had escaped without a scratch last time. If she came here again that would not be the case. Savina would make certain of that.

Though to her surprise as she was nearing that place a figure came into view. Emerald eyes flashed for a moment, thinking she saw that bitch but she shook her head and that image faded. What was left in its place was a young adult male. Her posture already stated her rank, so there was no need to adjust it, and she continued her path walking up to the youth. A slight, soft smile was on her face as she walked up to him. "What brings you to Crimson Dreams this day?" accented voice questioned calmly.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... able1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:429px; border:1px #FF0C00 solid; font-size: 10px;">
ooc -
312 words. ^^

ic -
And surprisingly enough, within a few short minutes a dark female approached as if on cue. She seemed very large to Ares, who was on the small side and still had some growing left to do. And spending so much time with an aging coyote surely also skewed his ideas of how big the average canine was. She spoke, questioning his presence and revealing the name of these lands: Crimson Dreams. He almost laughed in surprise at how well the name fitted his ambitions - because at this current point in his life, his dreams of bloody revenge against his mother most certainly would fall under the adjective Crimson. Ares wanted to stay here. He wanted to prove himself to this woman.

Ares took a deep breath, then spoke, his deepening voice rushed and eager: "My name is" - brief hesitation to make sure he selected the word he didn't quite identify completely with yet - "Ares Chance. I'm looking to join a pack." He wanted to impress her more, to list off some great feats or achievements or skills before she had to ask what he would offer a pack.. But he couldn't think of anything, and was slightly panicking inside trying to dredge up something not quite a lie that would suffice.

He hadn't changed his body posture on her approach. No one had ever taught him what polite behavior towards superiors was, and instinct had only gotten the kid as far as his ears drawn back and tail pressed against his belly when Tokyo was hitting him, or when Ares was afraid she would. So he didn't even think about it - but if he had, it wouldn't have made sense to him. Why would he want to make himself seem weak? His blustering confidence made him seem more capable, and isn't capable what was desired in a new member?

[/html]
[html]

keeping things short for joining

When he spotted her she noted the lack of any change in posture. She was larger than him, but there were no dipped ears or head, no tucked tail, nothing. Savina frowned slightly. He was young, maybe he had never been properly taught how to act at the borders of a pack he wished to join. In this case she was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. A full grown adult would not get such sympathies from her, but she was willing to see what this kid had to offer. He was only a kid, after all. Though at his name her eyes widened slight and she had to suppress a growl deep in her throat. "Ares Chance. Of any relation to Tokyo Chance?" She almost spat the woman's name out and it was clear to her such relation wasn't a good thing.

Emerald eyes stared down at the mottled young male harshly, she did not want any buddy buddy relative of that woman who hit her daughter in her pack. Though she supposed that wasn't exactly fair. Maybe he was better than she was. "If you are you must know she is not welcome here under any circumstance." And if she does I will run her down and sink my teeth into her scrawny hide. The Lt. General held back the question of what he could offer the pack for now. First he wanted to know if he was related to Dahlia's Tokyo Chance and if he was what his relationship with her was. The last thing she was going to let in was a puppy-abuser.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
of course, it's np~ 276 words

ic -
It seemed even here, he could not escape the shadow of his mother. She was going to take yet another thing away from him, ruining his life by slow, painful degrees. Ares considered lying, but that would mean he'd have to keep his quest for revenge a secret, which would make it harder to prepare for it. Besides, if Princess ever came around she was certainly proud of her heritage, with all the bullshit Tokyo fed her about her grandmother and how special she was. And then word might get out, and then Ares might lose any place he had been given. "She is my mother, through no choice of my own." Disgust shadowed his words, too. Clearly towards the subject of his sentence, not the one asking the question.

On further contemplation, the dark female's distaste for his mother would probably work towards his advantage. And her further words, about how she was not welcome here - that was amazing. He would be safe. He would be around people who would support his cause, who would sympathize with his hatred. Ares wanted to stay even more. He didn't know what he'd do if he was turned away. He didn't even want to contemplate it. Quietly and reasonably, without trying to give too much away: "If I had any desire to be with her, I would have stayed up north and tried to join the pack up there." Ares wanted to say something along the lines of never wanting to see her again, but technically he had to do so in order to get his revenge. The topic of his mother had mostly subdued his exuberance.

[/html]
[html]

ooc!

Savina should have known better than to let the boy's surname color any of her thoughts of him. After all, she despised her own father. The only person she hated more than Serge Russo was Conri Church and it was a close second. She had to admit, his words shocked her. That woman was a mother herself and yet she would strike someone else's child? The raging bitch! The fires that had been dormant shot up in her eyes, but she looked off into the distance, not at Ares. While she was a mother, it seemed the woman was not a very good mother. It was no surprise. She looked more kindly then on the youth. "I understand what it is like to have a parent that you do not want." Thankfully now she had an ocean sitting between her father and herself.

Ah, so he had decided that he didn't want to be in the same pack as his mother. Well, if he wanted to be away from her then he had come to the right place. Tokyo would be in large trouble if she ever set food near or on Crimson Dreams territory again. "I am Savina Marino, the Lt. General here." With how rude his mother was and in light of the fact that she probably had taught him little she was willing to overlook his lack of show of respect. "What is it that you believe you could offer Crimson Dreams, Ares?" They didn't ask for much. Even if he was only good at hunting they could use him.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
201 words

ic -
The self-centered nature of youth had Ares convinced that whatever Savina's parent had done, it wasn't as bad as Tokyo. But whatever, she was still trying to empathize with him, and it was nice of her. He appreciated the sentiment. "Lt. General? Is Crimson Dreams like, an army?" He was genuinely curious. It would definitely be convenient as far as training himself for his vengeance, but he wasn't too sure he wanted to get involved in another person's conflict. Ares didn't want to lose his focus.

And there was the question he had been worrying about, but he had come up with a few answers. "I'm a pretty good tracker. I followed the scent of my sister from way up north to find this place." Technically true, even if he sort of came to to find his mother a little as well. "I'm a really good reader, too, and I can write okay, and hunt well enough that I don't need to be fed by anyone. I can take care of myself, I won't need any special treatment or anything." Referring, of course, to his youth. He fidgeted, anxious and nervous and thus rambling a bit more than he usually would.

[/html]
[html]

we can keep going or not, up to you Smile

Her soft smile returned to her face. She was convinced that he would be no threat to her family and pack. He was only a lost soul, looking for a place to feel safe in a world that had dealt him a cruel hand thus far. A light chuckle escaped her at his question. "No, we're not an army. I know our ranks sound like it, be we are peaceful here, or at least try to be. Sometimes the world is not so obliging." She hoped no conflict ever escalated them to open war with another pack or clan. While she thought she would be able to handle it and hold her own, she had too much to lose. "Crimson Dreams is more like a large family. We all look out for each other and help one another." From time to time they would get in disputes with one another, but all wounds would eventually mend.

Savina listened carefully as Ares explained his skills. They were good, considering his age. Not that she necessarily expected less. Mati and Brooklyn were very capable and talents and she guessed he was of an age with them. But considering his childhood was probably not the best, it was good to hear that he had risen above it. "All of those skills can be useful of course. Though you need not worry of providing for yourself as if no one else would. We're a pack. We provide for each other." The Lt. General was satisfied with the youth. "Well Ares, I believe that's all I need to know. Welcome to Crimson Dreams. You'll start with the rank of Basic Officer, but you'll be able to move up once you've proven yourself and your loyalty." Loyalty was important. Without it a pack would fall. "Would you like me to show you around?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
so yeah this'll be my last post for now, but another thread in a bit for sure~ 255 words.

ic -
Ares thought that was sort of weird, then. Why take army-like rank names if the pack didn't even resemble an army? It confused him, but maybe it was a common trend among packs just to pick whichever ranks they fancied most, regardless of rhyme or reason. Surely it was their prerogative, and it wasn't like he had ever been in a pack before, he couldn't really compare Crimson Dreams to anywhere else. As much as Ares understood that the "being like a family" concept was supposed to be a good thing, he subconsciously very much did not associate family members with looking out for or helping each other. So he decided he'd think of Crimson Dreams sort of as an army, anyway. Because all the stories he had read glorified the sort of brotherhood that came with such a thing - and that was what family was supposed to be like, yeah?

Savina said some pretty things about everyone helping each other out, but again, Ares wasn't counting on it. It really was more than enough that Tokyo was forbidden here - this land would be a safe haven from the creature of his nightmares. And there was likely a lot of food, if a pack was content to stay mostly confined to these lands. He was now a Basic Officer of Crimsons Dreams. That just sounded so cool. His chest puffed up a little in pride, regaining some of the confidence that had wilted earlier. "Thank you." He said earnestly. "A tour would be great."

[/html]