That Day Has Come
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

He held her firmly, his touch upon her head and ears soothing. She breathed a soft sigh, comforted by his presence. The shadows of her mind, which should no longer have existed, were replaced by something brighter. And for once she could hear the songs of the world and could listen. And she heard the song of his heartbeat and listened. If only this moment could have lasted. His confident words made her look up, and she saw the faint smile upon her lips. She was silent, responding without words as her muzzle brushed against his neck. A weak smile flickered across her maw, but for the tenebrous circumstances, the smile shone like the sun.

But the light of the sun was stolen away by dark clouds, neither thundering nor weeping, but silent in their movement. So easily they seemed to steal the light away. And without it, the woman could not keep her mind afloat. With her eyes closed, in a darkness of her own, the weariness was easy to succumb to. It washed over her like the waves of a glacial lake, cold and smooth, gentle in their efforts to take her. There were warnings in her mind that came with the knowledge of what was occurring within her body, warnings that told her to drink and to eat and, most of all to rest. But she felt as if she would fall away too deeply into a Dream, that she would sleep too long. She was not alone in that room, but she wanted to be. She wanted to be a lone so that she would stop causing Onus pain. It seemed always that by her own hands he hurt the most, and so it was easy to succumb to that weary wave.

His hand upon her side was soft, warm, but somehow it was distant. The black fae remained still, uncertainty spilling into her mind, unfamiliar but not foreign. At the sound of her name upon that voice her mind lifted. Her ears moved weakly in response as her eyes opened, white slits in the darkness of her fur. A sadness flickered across her brow as he spoke. She knew it was true, that every words he spoke was a promise. It was more than she felt she deserved. He did not have to stay with her, he did not have to watch a demon’s child be spilt from her body. Her hand sought his, grasping it tightly. But she did need him—so deeply. Slowly, she turned onto her back and found him much closer than she had anticipated. The white orbs looked up at him. "Forgive me," she whispered. "I didn’t mean to hurt you." Her breath sighed from her. "But I need you. I love you." Her voice had grown so quiet that it was as if her thoughts had slid upon her tongue. Her hand shifted slightly as if to better hold him, as if she were afraid he would disappear like a Dream.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... bycdg1.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

He didn't know what she would say. He didn't know what she was feeling. He had no clue as to what was running through her mind at that moment. And so after his words stopped and that silence filled the room again he was afraid. The last thing Onus wanted was for her to push him away. To say that she didn't want him there. He would respect her wishes, whatever they were, but he hoped they were not that. There was a need inside the male's body, and that need was to be there for her. To go through this with her. Perhaps it would not be as bad as they feared. She was the fruit of those same loins and yet she was nothing like that creature that had sired her. Maybe what was growing inside her wouldn't be either. Onus had serious doubts about his ability to be any sort of parental figure, even though this litter did not belong to him. But despite that hesitance he would face this with her.

The moments that she was silent and kept her back turned to him seemed to stretch on for an eternity and he quavered at the thought his fears might be true. But then as he felt her hand grasp his he squeezed it back. That woad marked hand was like a lifeline to him. She turned to lay on her back and she looked up at him with those eyes he loved so much. At her words he shook his head from side to side. His other hand moved to cup her face. "There is nothing to forgive. I know you never meant for this to happen." Onus couldn't believe she felt the need to apologize. None of this was her fault. If anything it was his own for not finding her and saving her sooner. But he did his best not to linger on such thoughts. All they would do was drag him further down.

The coyote brought his muzzle down to rest side by side with her own. "I need you too." With those words he carefully took her into his arms, holding her body close. Though he held her more delicately than he ever had before. As if she were made of thing glass and could break with the slightest pressure. "Whatever this brings, we'll face it together. I'll never abandon you." Despite the quiet volume those words were spoken with steel behind them. He wasn't sure how much help he could be to her in this, but whatever he could do, he would do.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

He shook his head at her, and held her face. Just as he had, she leaned into his touch, her eyes threatening to close. But she resisted, and her gaze lifted to look at his face. The words he spoke eased her troubled mind, but there was a quiet flicker that still lingered in her heart. She had known what would happen had she found the crow wolf first. She knew that, even had she been in prime condition, she would not have been able to defeat him—she was skilled, but not that skilled. Like Brennt, the crow wolf had been a wolf before, and his mind worked differently than hers. And knowing that, she had sought him with a strange contentment with her Fate and with her Doom. She had told Onus that it was alright, and she truly believed that it were so. Once more, she had met the hand of Death and had been spared so that she may live another day. For the warrior, that was enough. But Love made it inadequate, and now her body nourished a litter that did not belong to the one she loved.

Leaning down, he moved his muzzle to rest aside hers, and she moved her own to brush against his, a soft, quiet whine allowed to escape. He lifted her into his arms, holding her close and yet so delicately. She was too weak to bring her arms about his neck in the way she would have liked, and so her hands simply rested upon his chest. The black female closed her eyes then, accepting his words with silence, unable to find the words great enough with which to respond. And now action could not be used in its stead. So she used the silence and buried her face against his neck. How she needed him. How her heart was greedy for him. It was the only greed she had ever felt. In the silence, she allowed the cathartic tears that had been held back to flow from her. She wept silently and with a stillness, each tear falling from those close eyes against his skin. And quietly she breathed in his scent and held him with her hands that could not grasp.

She did not know for how long the silence lasted, nor did she know how many tears had been shed. She breathed quietly, aware suddenly that they had stopped. And only with him would those tears have been allowed to fall, for even the solitude would have held them back as they had for her entire life. Slowly, her eyes opened, and she sought to break her own silence. "Onus...." How tired she felt, and how warm he was against her cold body, savaged by jaws and impregnated by another. The filth and grit was cleansed by his presence, and already she felt as if he had given her more than she should have received. "You are all I need." And he was all she would ever need.

[/html]