Seeing things differently
[html]

Alright, there ya have it, a thread starting post. Ta-da!! lol

It was reasonably gloomy that June day, as the duchess of Cour des Miracles amused herself with her thoughts and her songs on the porch of the cabin the majority of their pack shared. She had heard that Haven had found a home somewhere nearby, and a horse...whatever that was. She had never come in contact with one of the large ungulates and as such, had no idea what it was. It made Ruri happy when she thought of the young male, busying himself with the duties of his position of knighthood. In fact, everyone seemed busy with his or her job, although what each of those things was she hadn't the slightest clue. Her thoughts travelled to her conversation with Jacquez the other day. He had spoken about getting a piercing...on his tongue. Ruri gave a shudder at the thought of anything being pierced through her tongue. Who would ever willingly inflict something so uncomfortable upon themselves? As she asked herself this, she laughed and immediately thought Jac would... Her best friend and king was likely wandering around, not doing anything particularly useful except, perhaps, providing conversation to those who came across.
      The slate and ivory femme thought of each of her packmates in turn, wondering what they might be doing. Her thoughts, however, lingered upon the pack's Constable, Svara. Ruri hadn't spoken with the gruff woman since before her bloody ordeal, and this made her wonder how she was doing. Likely she was busy with her duties as a pack leader, but Ruri would have to make it a point to speak with her, next time she came to the cabin. Nodding to affirm her thoughts, the delicate optime slowly settled to a comfortable sitting position on the porch steps. If anyone came home, they would have to walk past her to get inside and she could talk to them. It seemed like a logical course of action to the blind girl. After all, it was her job to make others feel better. Jac had told her so himself. However, she would have to get someone to talk to before she could do her job. That could take forever, and Ruri was not feeling very patient today. So, she sat there, her senses alert to any sound or scent that hinted to the return of one of her pack mates, her long, slate gray hair blowing in the occasional gusts of the ocean breeze.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... lecopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC::can we date this to be after she saw haku? If not I'll edit my post <3

Svara walked along the sands still a little irritated with Jacquez. It wasn't as if he had done anything wrong, but she was lonely and he hadn't fixed what she had hoped he would. Wasn't really his fault that her ego was in pieces. Still the red she wolf refused to go to Leroy to find her comfort. Her ex-mate would only make it an ordeal and she didn't want that at the moment. Pushing a hand through her bangs she let a rough sigh ease past her lips. What was she going to do about her ego? Looking down at the scars she already knew what it felt like to be considered ugly.

The scent of Ruri made her stop. Concern for the blind girl made Svara move in that direction. Her long pony tail moved behind her with her swift turn in that direction. She found the girl sitting on the Cabin steps. She had stopped living here after the pack had been formed and Leroy built her a house. It would be time that Ruri moved into the house with them and got her own room. With out a word she came and sat down beside the blind girl on the steps. This close to her Svara's heart stopped at what she smelt. It couldn't be what she thought. Why did the girl smell of Haku soul!

"Ruri...Who have you spoken to lately? I need to know it's important." The constables voice was demanding, but not to harsh to the girl. Why was his smell on Ruri? It would mean he had to enter their lands, Ruri wouldn't leave the pack lands. Had he come to find if she had lived? Svara was sure he had heard from others that she had survived, maybe Cwmfen?

[/html]
[html]

The thread with Haku hasn't gone far enough for Ruri to give too many details regarding what Haku asked her. I hope the few details I've given are good enough so far

The blind girl smiled when the scent of the constable reached her sensitive nose, followed by the sound of Svara's footsteps drawing closer until she sat down beside her. However, at the first words out of Svara's mouth, Ruri's smile faded and her ears flattened against her head. Oh how she had hoped no one would notice. She had tried her hardest to rub up against every tree and fragrant smelling bush she could find on her way back to the cabin, but still Svara had found out. "Svara...please don't be mad at me...I didn't mean to break any rules if I did," her soprano voice carried a submissive, almost pleading tone with the constable of the kingdom. "I met Haku Soul...close to the borders. I know I shouldn't have been that far away from the house, but I was bored. All of you guys were busy doing things and I figured I would only be gone for a little while. I was following the sound of a bird, that I thought sounded really wonderful. The only problem was, I followed it too far. I had walked outside of the area I'm familar with. Haku found me at the borders and stopped to me to ask some questions..." she paused to catch her breath as her voice was now quivering with almost every word. She knew Svara was going to be upset with her, and the sensitive girl was already working herself into an emotional breakdown. The fragile optime border collie felt absolutely ashamed for speaking with Svara's attacker, but it hadn't felt right to outright refuse someone who had been so polite to her.

"He was very polite, and nice to me, so I thought it couldn't hurt if I answered a few of his questions...I-I'm sorry Svara, I didn't mean to do anything wrong," she replied, a few tears trickled down her ivory hued muzzle and dripped off onto her lap. Her long, silky man blew in the breeze as she turned away from the female, leaning against the nearest support beam for the porch. All she could do now was await the stern, possibly angered lecture that Svara would probably give her. She knew she deserved it, but the prospect still upset her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

OOC: I PPed her a little if that's okay :0 I'll fix it if you want!

Sitting there on the steps besides the girl Svara felt like she was going to vomit. Why had he dare venture into these lands? Why had it been Ruri he had to run across. Already the girl was breaking down into tears as she tried to explain herself. At the moment Svara didn't care about any of it. He could have killed her. Memories of his blue eyes glaring down at her made the constables teeth bare. He had ripped her apart, and he could have done it to Ruri. How stupid was the girl! The pack had been told!

With out another word Svara went to the girl and pulled the she wolf into her arms. Holding onto the blind female with all her strength. He could have killed her and there was nothing Svara could have done about it. Holding the grey girl to her the constable tried to calm all the emotions she was feeling. What would she have done if she found Ruri's mangled body? What would Jac have done? The hug was something Svara never really done before, except to her mate. It had never been out of genuin fear for another.

Pulling back she grabbed the girl by her shoulders and shook her. "Do you know what you've done! What you were risking doing that!" The constable growled at her. "Gentle man or not you were told what he is. What would Jac have done if he found you like they found me! Did you think of that!" The red she wolf all but roared at the blind girl. Grabbing Ruri's hand forcfully she brought it to the scars on her own body. Deep gash wounds that had gone to bone when she got them. "Next time you are told something you will listen. Because I will not be the one to have to tell our king you are dead." Svara growled threatening her voice so deadly it scarred even herself. Shoving her face to the blind girls she spoke again. "Do you understand?" Was her last deadly whisper.

[/html]
[html]

The fragile girl was openly sobbing by the time Svara grabbed her and hugged her tightly. Ruri wasn't entirely sure why Svara was hugging her, especially so tightly, but it did calm her a bit. What followed was something Ruri had both expected and dreaded. When Svara shook her, the slate and ivory girl couldn't help but continue crying. She knew what she had done was wrong and having Svara scold her about it only made her feel worse. Of course she listened, for she knew she needed to hear the woman's words, but she hated every minute. This was the worst act of disobedience Ruri had ever committed, and there were not many blemishes on the kind fae's record. However, this one was bound to stick with her for several days to come. She would be forced by her own guilty conscience to think about what she had done, even if the circumstances had been unintentional in the beginning.

When Svara forced her soft, white-furred fingers to touch the scars on her side, Ruri shivered and continued to cry. The constable was making it all too clear how dangerous her disobedience could have been. As the red, scarred woman leaned forward with her final words, Ruri nodded in response before pulling her hands to her face and sobbing in shame. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Svara. I-hic-I honestly didn't mean to disobey. I'll never do anything like that ever again," her cheeks were stained with tears as the blue merle collie girl shook with each sob she gave. She felt absolutely wretched now, and all she wanted to do was hide. In no way did she want anyone else to see her, especially Jac. Jac! What would he do when he found out what she did. At the thought, the distraught, blind female lifted her face from her hands and turned to Svara. "Svara...you won't tell Jac will you?! If he finds out...I don't even want to think about what he'll say," she shook her head when she thought of what Jac might say to her, and how disappointed he would be. The very thought made her sob even more.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

The girl was sobbing so hard Svara felt saticfied. What Ruri had done could have caused her death. It was all a matter of chance with Haku Soul. What would she have done if she had had to bury Ruri's tattered body? How broken would their king have been over it? This girl endangered the whole pack with her desicion. Svara had been scarred when she thought of what could have happened to the girl, now she was angry at the betrayal as well. This girl was part of her family, her death was as painful as any of the others, all equal. Yet she hadn't carred that she stood infront of the man who had almost took the life from one of her leaders?

Shaking off the pain she felt in the girls actions Svara looked away, glad that Ruri was blind. "Your actions have hurt me Ruri. I can't believe you would talk to the monster who almost killed me so easily." True pain lined the she wolfs voice. Shaking it off she hardened her features and with it her emotions. She continued to sob her apologizes. It meant nothing, to make up for a mistake you had to redeem yourself with your actions. "I won't tell Jac anything..." Svara's voice was husky, but not hard. "No I won't tell him. You will. You will go to your King and tell him." It was a command. "I will hide nothing from Jacquez and neither should you." The constable said with no sympathy in her voice.

Turning away Svara sat down on the porch steps. This was not to be mean to the girl. She would make sure she learned from her mistakes, unlike she herself had. Ruri wouldn't end up like the constable, Svara would make sure of it. This was to make sure she remembered when they told her something she obeyed. Even thinking about what it would be like to find one of her pack mates dead made her stomach hurt and her headache. How had Ruri been so unattached at what he had did to the red she wolf?

[/html]
[html]

Svara's words stung and Ruri couldn't help but cry even harder. Svara's expression of how hurt Ruri had made her only continued to upset her. "I...I didn't really have a choice," she sobbed, hoping Svara would believe her explanation,"I couldn't run away, and what would have happened if I had screamed for help?! I was stuck Svara! I mean...I know I shouldn't have been out that far in the first place, but I didn't want to hurt you...or anyone for that matter," her tone of voice was uncharacteristically angry at the female for insinuating that she had consciously thought of hurting one of the leaders she respected and loved like a member of her family.

Her tears continued to fall and her sobs, though less frequent still shook her delicate frame. When the gruff woman ordered her to tell Jac what she had done, she nodded through her sobs. "Y-You're right--sniff--I'll tell him,"she stammered, slowly pulling her knees up close to her chest, wrapping her arms around them in her traditional position of distress. She dared not disobey the constable's order. She'd already committed a heinous deed that she would likely not forget for quite awhile. The distraught girl dreaded what would happen when the rest of the pack found out, as they surely would. The slender girl shook with the fear that she'd be shunned or at least ignored by the rest of her new family. She'd be left alone, just like she had been by her mother, although this time it was her own fault.

Of course this was just a figment of Ruri's imagination, but the fear of abandonment for her disobedience seemed all too real to the sobbing girl. This whole situation was horrible and she just wanted it to go away, even though she knew it had only just begun to show its face.

[/html]
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

The girl had paied her for mistake. Nothing had happened this time, hopefully she hadn't told something to Haku that was vital. Her punishment would be to tell Jac of what happened. Weather he would be angry or not at the girl was beyond Svara. "You always howl for your pack, no matter what. Because if he had decided to do something and you hadn't called for your pack before then, what would you have done?" Svara asked. Her voice was hinting at fear for what could have been.

Leaning into the girl Svara wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her against her side. "I'm sorry I thought you didn't care. I shouldn't have. Don't do this again Ruri. What would the pack do with out our blind dutches?" She squeezed the girl against her side. She wouldn't let her eye of the girl for a while after this.

[/html]
[html]

Ruri nodded, to Svara's statement. "I'm sorry, he caught me off guard. I was already worried because I'd gotten myself lost that I wasn't paying attention until he was right behind me. I'll be sure to howl next time," she replied, wiping the tears from her eyes as Svara pulled her delicate frame next to hers. She was glad that Svara wasn't angry with her anymore. "I promise I won't ever do anything like that again. I'm not going to leave this house for a long time," she replied, nodding with resolute firmness, although her body still convulsed occasionally with the hiccups she had given herself during her emotional breakdown. Ther ivory and slate hued girl was by no means back to her usual happy self at the moment, but Svara's presence comforted her enough for her to stop crying. She still had to talk to Jac. That was going to be even harder than this conversation with Svara had been. The fragile optime didn't even want to think about how she was going to tell her king that she had disobeyed one of his edicts, a thing she had only done once before in her whole life and the first time had been when she was a pup.

It irritated her that she wouldn't have known who she had been talking to if Haku hadn't told her his name. He had behaved so politely to her that she probably would have told him everything she knew about her pack if he had simply remained anonymous, or told her a fake name. On the other hand, she was thankful he had told her his name. She had been much more wary of his questions. She had answered every one, but she had been more careful with what she had said in her answers. In general, though, the entire situation upset her. Now that Svara had sufficiently scolded, and seemingly forgiven her for her actions, she was left only with the task of telling her best friend, which she dreaded.

[/html]