night hours and a daytime mind
Sankor had stopped wandering about the lands as usual. He'd kept to himself as of lately, the events of Ril'o's death causing him to rethink everything that had been going on in his life. He'd grown quieter and had shied from the social side of his pack the last few weeks, spending more and more time in the quiet quarters of his own den. What had possessed the male to leave today he wasn't certain but he had. His dark shadow following behind him in the pale moonlight as he walked the edge of their territory, his eyes trailing over the silvery world as he wondered if the monster that had ended his friend's life.

Turning his orbs towards the moon itself the dark hued male paused, sitting down and watching the empty sky above him. The soft sounds of the bats wings swooping in and out of the trees was an eerie melody to his ears as he let the world wash over him for the moment in time. He lifted his form from the ground once more and began his way back towards his lonely home.
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
305 words

It was late, but Tokyo was restless and didn't feel like sleeping. And as a creature who allowed herself to be governed by her whims a grand majority of the time, she was of course up and about, wandering throughout the pack lands instead of back at home. Princess was out, anyway. She often was, which was good for her, to be socializing and exploring and stuff. But Tokyo always enjoyed spending time around home more when her daughter was there, and lately the comfortable solitude she had enjoyed before had been turning into an odd sort of loneliness, echoing but definitely not matching in intensity the pain she had felt when Princess had forsaken her months back.

The crunching of nearby twigs startled but did not scare Tokyo. It wasn't like she was afraid of the dark or anything silly and childish like that - she just hadn't expected to run into anything large enough to make those sorts of noises while walking. Maybe it was a badger or a really fat possum or.. something. But nope, that was a wolf, her initial instinctive guess verified by nose and moments later eyes. She was in her regular wolf form at the moment, which while not particular unusual, was neither altogether common.

"Hey, stranger." Tokyo called out. There was a little bit of affection in the tone - playfulness. Because while they certainly were not any closer than mere acquaintances, she did know him in a vague sort of way. He was the one that had chatted a little with Cwmfen and her at the pack meeting. She remembered distinctly that they had been introduced. She was equally sure that she no longer retained any knowledge what-so-ever on his name. The weird drink she had ended up sipping further had fuzzed a lot of the pleasant chatter.
[html]
[/html]
Sankor hadn't thought that he would have found another out late in the night but when the soft steps of the woman met his ears and soon enough was followed by the sight of the lady and her voice he smiled. He recognized the lass but he didn't know anything about her other than what she looked like and her name.. if only he could pull it out of the back of his mind. He almost hated himself for being able to smile so quickly when his soul was in tears. He nodded to the woman as he returned the greeting. "I'm sure I could say the same to you Tokyo.. for that's all I know of you, you're just a name.. when you should be more." He was such a horrible flirt and even when he didn't mean to it just seemed to happen.

His golden eyes with the flecks of forest green in their depths watched the lady in the shadows as she moved closer, the moonlight falling on her lovely form as he asked. "And just what have you been busying yourself with miss?" For he had expected to see the woman sooner but it seemed that his luck hadn't turned that way. He smiled, flashing her a sweet smile as he waited to see just what had kept her gone so long.
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
203 words

For all her lack of relationship experience, she was pretty quick to pick up on flirting. And even if she never actually stepped it to the next level (basically, she was a terrible tease), she most certainly was able to appreciate the act. It was flattering, and flattery was just one of her many weaknesses. She knew she was beautiful, and very much appreciated when others acted like that was something special. Because it was, and too few people really knew that! "I'm afraid I can't even say that much," Tokyo confessed. "I'm terrible with names, and seem to have misplaced yours...?" Hoping, of course, that he would fill her in with that tidbit of information.

What had she been busying herself with? "Honestly, I've mostly been lying low the past few weeks. Had a run in with a vicious creature - the one who killed Ril'o, I think." Her voice was soft. She hadn't known him personally, but was sure that a lot of the pack had, and it sucked when anyone died. She yawned, some of the exhaustion she'd been seeking earlier in her restless attempts to sleep creeping its way into her bones unexpectedly. "What are you out so late for?"
[html]
[/html]